AVS Forum banner

"Justified" on FX HD

224K views 4K replies 204 participants last post by  boootriley 
#1 ·

Quote:
JUSTIFIED is the story of Deputy U.S. Marshal RAYLAN GIVENS (Timothy Olyphant), a true-blue hero and something of a throwback, given to wearing a Stetson and cowboy boots, carrying his sidearm in a hip holster – a weapon he only draws when he has to, and when he does, he shoots to kill, because, as he sees it, that’s the purpose of a gun.

Raylan was born and reared in the hill country of eastern Kentucky. It was in Harlan where he played ball, chased girls and dug coal. And it was from Harlan, at age 19, that he ran, determined to become a U.S. Marshal. Now, years later, after shooting a gun thug in a Miami hotel and thereby incurring the wrath of his Marshals Service superiors, Raylan has been sent in punishment (and by fate?) to the one place to which he vowed he would never return – Kentucky.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/orig...outTheShow.php

I'm not sure what to make of this yet. It looks vaguely like Walker: Texas Ranger for 2010, but the idea of Olyphant playing another old West-style marshal could be good, but then again it's another crime drama with another quirky lead character ...

Starts Tues Mar 16, 10pm.

#3,317 ·
FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Talk about a guy living on borrowed time...
Even Boyd couldn't come up with a half-ass excuse for keeping him alive.
RIP, Little D.

Really hated how the director deviated from Justified's shooting style and used the quick-cut-close-up-constantly-moving-camera style in this episode (especially the 1st half) so popular among the wannabes.

Boyd is walking into a trap...will he see it coming?

#3,322 ·
I'm not going to miss Dewey necessarily...but he was a kick when he was around. If it had been Constable Bob who got offed in the first episode, well, then I would have been a bit more bummed for sure.

Great episode picking up right where they left off last year in tone and character. I thought it was at least somewhat nice the way Boyd took care of Dewey. Put him down while he was in the middle of a happy moment and never saw it coming. In a weird way that was a kind move by Boyd.

Oink...I know we kinda talked about Ava being the tragic character, but after last night, I really think that is Art's fate (unfortunately). He is by far my favorite "good guy" character on the show next to Raylan. I really can't wait to go back and watch the entire series from start-to-finish again just for their back and forth. It kinda sucks because I just have this feeling Art won't make it and he deserves to especially after last night's conversation.

The big question for me right now is will Raylan EVER see his daughter? He can't break away (his own mentality) and leave to see her because of Boyd (who REALLY wants to leave ironically) and I can't help but wonder if Raylan will never see her because he never makes it out of Harlan alive. That would be an incredibly sad fate in my mind (as the father of a 4-year old girl) and very much a probability in this show.

No matter what, this is still the best show on television. Can't wait for Sam Elliot!

#3,323 ·
Oink...I know we kinda talked about Ava being the tragic character, but after last night, I really think that is Art's fate (unfortunately). He is by far my favorite "good guy" character on the show next to Raylan. I really can't wait to go back and watch the entire series from start-to-finish again just for their back and forth. It kinda sucks because I just have this feeling Art won't make it and he deserves to especially after last night's conversation.
Hmmm, I hadn't considered Art.
However, in the World of Justified it would make sense if Art went down....possibly setting Raylan off a Vengeance Run?

The big question for me right now is will Raylan EVER see his daughter? He can't break away (his own mentality) and leave to see her because of Boyd (who REALLY wants to leave ironically) and I can't help but wonder if Raylan will never see her because he never makes it out of Harlan alive. That would be an incredibly sad fate in my mind (as the father of a 4-year old girl) and very much a probability in this show.
I think you're right.:serious:

No matter what, this is still the best show on television. Can't wait for Sam Elliot!
Same here.:)

#3,325 ·
Can't believe Boyd killed dewey "you mean I got 4 kidneys" crow. One of my favorite characters from the jump. But It looks like Boyd knows the walls are closing in and it's gonna get rugged. Doubt if Raylin dies. It goes against the light hearted angle the show still holds at it's base. But who knows.

#3,327 ·
Half way through this episode I was entertaining the thought that Dewey might inherit the Earth at the end of the show just based on his survival track record ...

The tone of this episode felt dark and despondent all around so killing off the comic relief seems to be an indicator of what is to come.

Pleasantly surprised to see Garret Dillahunt playing a regular-type character. I think it's the first role I've seen that he doesn't appear to be either crazy, psycho or creepy.

#3,337 ·
When Raylan said something to the effect of

"Where you're following to me to, that's none of MY business?"

was so great

#3,339 ·
It really is, and it's being delivered by actors at the top of their game, just wonderful to watch.

By the way, has Joelle Carter ever looked better than she does right now? I don't know if she's lost some weight, maybe a change in hair style, whatever, she looks spectacular!

#3,335 ·
#3,338 ·
This show is so quietly intense it is crazy. Part of knowing it is the last season, as well as the way they write the villains, I constantly feel uneasy about the safety of basically every character. The Choo-Choo scene is hands down one of the best, and the whole time I couldn't take my eyes of Raylan's gun-hand thinking, "he is not taking this guy seriously enough and is WAY too close for my comfort!" Choo-Choo is right up there with the 21'-rule-guy from last season. So is Dillahunt. He's very slight little peacock comment, while carrying roles of plastic in the dark, obviously spells out a very dark future for those two elderly folks. Such great writing.

It is such a bummer this show will end this year. Hearing Raylan describe Boyd and his style of speech, Tim flipping Raylan crap with a bunch of made up B.S. about losing the tail, are all such great little moments. I'm definitely going to miss this show and will absolutely buy the series and start all over again for one continuous watch when it wraps.

#3,360 ·
This show is so quietly intense it is crazy. Part of knowing it is the last season, as well as the way they write the villains, I constantly feel uneasy about the safety of basically every character. The Choo-Choo scene is hands down one of the best, and the whole time I couldn't take my eyes of Raylan's gun-hand thinking, "he is not taking this guy seriously enough and is WAY too close for my comfort!" Choo-Choo is right up there with the 21'-rule-guy from last season. So is Dillahunt. He's very slight little peacock comment, while carrying roles of plastic in the dark, obviously spells out a very dark future for those two elderly folks. Such great writing.

It is such a bummer this show will end this year. Hearing Raylan describe Boyd and his style of speech, Tim flipping Raylan crap with a bunch of made up B.S. about losing the tail, are all such great little moments. I'm definitely going to miss this show and will absolutely buy the series and start all over again for one continuous watch when it wraps.
Could not agree more.:):(

I just cannot see Eva making it through the season. At some point somehow Boyd is going to catch on to her. he may have already and is just playing along to make sure.
It would make sense in the Justified Universe.;)

Another thing about Ava...exactly what did she do to make Raylan so pi$$ed he continues to treat her like crap?:confused:

So he's been on the show that killed Jesse James and he's killed Wild Bill Hickok? He almost killed John and Sarah Connors. Who hasn't this guy killed?
LOL.

Please let it be gold and bring in Ian McShane as the boss behind the bosses. :D
That would be great, but I think Sam Elliot is The Boss of Bosses.

#3,347 ·
They didn't make Eva look her best last season while she was in prison. Now they're playing up that she is home, rested, taking care of herself better (well outside of the morning drinking). Doesn't hurt that they put her in a cute dress like they did in the first episode where she's about to go to work at the beauty parlor etc.

Natalie Zea looked amazing in the first episode too. Best she has looked on any show in a while.

#3,350 ·
First of all - please note that it is "Ava" we are talking about here - and I think that she will still be standing by the time the final episode rolls around. How about a hoorah for Sam Elliot as "Avery" - doesn't he have the best voice around - great to see "The Stranger" on Justified and to wonder just what kind of mayhem he will perpetrate on the show.

#3,352 ·
Yeah - not only does he have a great voice, but when in full flower - perhaps the best 'stache around!

#3,355 ·
Has the show explained why they are trying to buy the land and I missed it? Oil? Fracking? Gold? Shopping mall?

Please let it be gold and bring in Ian McShane as the boss behind the bosses. :D