Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #1171 of 3268 Old 02-29-2012, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 387
I really hope Jim Beaver becomes sheriff. That would make up for him being killed off on Supernatural and add to the Deadwood cast roster.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 3268 Old 02-29-2012, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

I really hope Jim Beaver becomes sheriff. That would make up for him being killed off on Supernatural and add to the Deadwood cast roster.

At least we know he won't be coming back to Supernatural, which sucks. Oh well, hopefully he becomes a regular on Justified.

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
post #1173 of 3268 Old 02-29-2012, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quarrel's is a gay sexual predator, Raylan has his Number ! L O L .............Great twist to the whole issue ..

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #1174 of 3268 Old 02-29-2012, 03:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Holy crap I could have sworn she was an ADA.

Me too.
I thought she was introduced in S1 as one.

However, in the new Leonard novel "Raylan" (just finished it a couple of days ago) she is, in fact, a court reporter.

Speaking of the novel....
Neither Raylan nor Boyd comes across as being as slick or suave as they do in the TV show.
Interestingly, Art is absolutely the same Art.

I can't really comment more about the book without putting it in SPOILER TAGS....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #1175 of 3268 Old 02-29-2012, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 387
It's not just me then. I think it's because of some of the tasks she's been doing.

Would a court reporter have any reason to go to an evidence room? Would she be allowed access to evidence at all?

post #1176 of 3268 Old 02-29-2012, 10:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Don't you guys remember when she was trying to return the evidence money she lifted and was dragged to court by that nutty judge and had to have Raylan take the bag instead? She was the court reporter.
post #1177 of 3268 Old 02-29-2012, 10:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I guess the question of whether she was/is a Court Reporter or a ADA doesn't add up to a "hill of beans" (to quote Bogie) in the Justified World...

post #1178 of 3268 Old 03-01-2012, 06:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Raylan to Art: "I'm not gonna grab him by his nutsack or any other body part."

post #1179 of 3268 Old 03-01-2012, 06:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I guess the question of whether she was/is a Court Reporter or a ADA doesn't add up to a "hill of beans" (to quote Bogie) in the Justified World...

Correct (and I like the Rick's Cafe reference). Winona having a relatively menial job there is just a plot device to place her in close proximity to Raylan and spin off occasional plotlines. But yeah, she's always been a C.R. on the show and in the books.

Poor Gary. Looks like its curtains for her old flame. Loved how they turned him into typical real estate seminar huckster for comic effect.
post #1180 of 3268 Old 03-01-2012, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 78
How did Dr Detroit know Gary was in Tulsa? Related to a possible leak in the Feebs that Raylan alluded to?
post #1181 of 3268 Old 03-01-2012, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Me too.
I thought she was introduced in S1 as one.

However, in the new Leonard novel "Raylan" (just finished it a couple of days ago) she is, in fact, a court reporter.

Speaking of the novel....
Neither Raylan nor Boyd comes across as being as slick or suave as they do in the TV show.
Interestingly, Art is absolutely the same Art.

I can't really comment more about the book without putting it in SPOILER TAGS....

I haven't read "Raylan." Are you saying it adheres to the continuity of the TV show? Because, in the the earlier story and novels...

[BOOK & STORY SPOILERS, including a major one for "Fire in the Hole"]

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Winona and Raylan are in their 40s. They have two sons, one of whom is old enough to be working. They are divorced and living in separate cities. Arlo is dead. Boyd is (now) dead.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #1182 of 3268 Old 03-01-2012, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Yet another great job. I'm so glad they changed plot mid-course during the first season and re-wrote Boyd back into the show, not killing him off as planned. Goggins is just terrific. It was fun to hear the one liner from Art about the FBI involvement that was somewhat inside baseball - as the FBI guy leaves, Art's comment on the internecine federal law enforcement situation between the FBI and most other agencies: "now that the Feebs are involved". I doubt many are aware that the term 'feebs' is actually fairly common usage in federal law enforcement circles and the obvious implication about their attitude in 'cooperation' with other agencies.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #1183 of 3268 Old 03-01-2012, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 229
Looks like we know now that Quarles is one sick bastard. Can't wait to see how this one plays out with him and Raylan.

Walter Goggins steals the show every time he's on screen, can't get enough of him.
post #1184 of 3268 Old 03-01-2012, 10:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

I haven't read "Raylan." Are you saying it adheres to the continuity of the TV show?

In general, yes.
But there are some new and surprising trajectories for the major characters (when compared to the TV show).

Quote:

Because, in the the earlier story and novels...
[BOOK & STORY SPOILERS, including a major one for "Fire in the Hole"]

Spoiler  
Winona and Raylan are in their 40s. They have two sons, one of whom is old enough to be working. They are divorced and living in separate cities. Arlo is dead. Boyd is (now) dead.

In the new book this is not the setup "history."

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

I doubt many are aware that the term 'feebs' is actually fairly common usage in federal law enforcement circles and the obvious implication about their attitude in 'cooperation' with other agencies.

I didn't know that....thanx for the info.

post #1185 of 3268 Old 03-01-2012, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 78
Should the FBI ever come visit you for information on whatever, like a security check on an acquaintance, I recommend that you not refer to them in their presence as "Feebs".
Consider this a public service announcement.
post #1186 of 3268 Old 03-01-2012, 11:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

Should the FBI ever come visit you for information on whatever, like a security check on an acquaintance, I recommend that you not refer to them in their presence as "Feebs".
Consider this a public service announcement.

LOL....nice to know that too.

post #1187 of 3268 Old 03-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I get a kick at how they are always referring to Gynnco, which is Glynn county, GA where the federal law enforcement training facility is, also known as FLETC. Right down the road from where I live.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1188 of 3268 Old 03-01-2012, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by smddoc View Post

I get a kick at how they are always referring to Gynnco, which is Glynn county, GA where the federal law enforcement training facility is, also known as FLETC. Right down the road from where I live.

Always heard it as "Glynnco" which I guess would be short for Glynn County.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1189 of 3268 Old 03-02-2012, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

...Walter Goggins steals the show every time he's on screen, can't get enough of him.

Out of a bunch of terrific scenes Goggins has done, my personal favorite was when he "testified" in church in season #2. Awsume.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #1190 of 3268 Old 03-02-2012, 07:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

Out of a bunch of terrific scenes Goggins has done, my personal favorite was when he "testified" in church in season #2. Awsume.

Couldn't agree more. When Boyd was in his Born Again revival preacher phase, the height of which was reached in the scene you mentioned, I couldn't decide whether Boyd was (1) just perpetrating another scam, (2) had really undergone some kind of religious awakening, (3) was nuts, or (4) some combination of all of them and he didn't know who the hell he really was.
post #1191 of 3268 Old 03-03-2012, 12:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Couldn't agree more. When Boyd was in his Born Again revival preacher phase, the height of which was reached in the scene you mentioned, I couldn't decide whether Boyd was (1) just perpetrating another scam, (2) had really undergone some kind of religious awakening, (3) was nuts, or (4) some combination of all of them and he didn't know who the hell he really was.

That one gets my vote...

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #1192 of 3268 Old 03-04-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by smddoc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

Always heard it as "Glynnco" which I guess would be short for Glynn County.

My Navy orders for AIC (Air Intercept Controller) school read Glynco, Georgia. I thought that was the name of the town. IIRC it was just outside of New Brunswick but then that was 45 years ago. Lived in a rental on St. Simons and battled the deer flies.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #1193 of 3268 Old 03-04-2012, 03:39 PM

Liked: 10
I actually get this series on DVD so am not familar with the current events per se but since I enjoy Winona/Raylon I hope she is not going to get killed ..
post #1194 of 3268 Old 03-04-2012, 06:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

My Navy orders for AIC (Air Intercept Controller) school read Glynco, Georgia. I thought that was the name of the town. IIRC it was just outside of New Brunswick but then that was 45 years ago. Lived in a rental on St. Simons and battled the deer flies.

Yeah, I'm an old time navy guy too, and I recall that CIC school was located at Glynco in the '50s.

On another issue, our recent discussion here of Boyd Crowder reminded me of how endlessly entertaining Elmore Leonard's lowlife characters are. Just finished reading an early Leonard masterpiece, Swag (1974), and was blown away again. His antihero in that one was Ernest "Stick" Stickley Jr. Stick was a typical Leonard lowlife, charming, articulate, and sometimes almost admirable, but bound to lose nonetheless. I had so much fun with Swag that I am now reading Stick, which picks up Stick seven years later. A bad movie, directed by and starring Burt Reynolds, was made of this one.
post #1195 of 3268 Old 03-06-2012, 01:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 174
TV Notes
FX's Justified' Renewed For Fourth Season
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Mar. 6, 2012

Midway through Justifieds third-season run, FX has given the drama series a fourth season pickup with a 13-episode order. Justified is one of television's best series and this season has reinforced that excellence, FX's EVP of original programming Nick Grad said. Developed for television by Graham Yost and starring Timothy Olyphant, Justified, is based on the Elmore Leonard character Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens. There are many reasons all of us on Justified are grateful to get a chance to do another season, said Yost. We get to do more work with amazing actors, writers, producers, directors, musicians, editors and a jaw-droppingly talented crew.

Through seven weeks of Season 3, first-run episodes of Justified are averaging 4.3 million viewers, up 8% vs. season 2, and 2.1 million Adults 18-49, also up 8% from season 2. The weekly multi-run average viewership for the current is 7.0 million total viewers and 3.4 million Adults 18-49. Six new episodes remain, with the third season finale airing April 10. Yost executive produces the series with Leonard, Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly, Michael Dinner and Fred Golan; Olyphant is a Producer. Justified is produced by FX Prods. and Sony Pictures Television.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/fxs-...fourth-season/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1196 of 3268 Old 03-06-2012, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post

TV Notes
FX's Justified' Renewed For Fourth Season
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Mar. 6, 2012

Midway through Justifieds third-season run, FX has given the drama series a fourth season pickup with a 13-episode order. Justified is one of television's best series and this season has reinforced that excellence, FX's EVP of original programming Nick Grad said. Developed for television by Graham Yost and starring Timothy Olyphant, Justified, is based on the Elmore Leonard character Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens. There are many reasons all of us on Justified are grateful to get a chance to do another season, said Yost. We get to do more work with amazing actors, writers, producers, directors, musicians, editors and a jaw-droppingly talented crew.

Through seven weeks of Season 3, first-run episodes of Justified are averaging 4.3 million viewers, up 8% vs. season 2, and 2.1 million Adults 18-49, also up 8% from season 2. The weekly multi-run average viewership for the current is 7.0 million total viewers and 3.4 million Adults 18-49. Six new episodes remain, with the third season finale airing April 10. Yost executive produces the series with Leonard, Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly, Michael Dinner and Fred Golan; Olyphant is a Producer. Justified is produced by FX Prods. and Sony Pictures Television.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/fxs-...fourth-season/

ThanX Dad !!!
YaaHoo!

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #1197 of 3268 Old 03-06-2012, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Sweet!

Thanks for the posting, dad.
post #1198 of 3268 Old 03-06-2012, 02:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

How could it NOT be renewed?

post #1199 of 3268 Old 03-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Glynco is an area in Glynn County, Georgia located on the northwestern edge of Brunswick, GA. Glynco is a contraction of the words "Glynn County".

In 1942 the Naval Air Station Glynco was established on the area now known as Glynco. After the area was no longer used for the Naval Air station (1974), 2,003 acres (8.11 km2) of the land (including the runway) was used for the Brunswick Golden Isles Airport and 1,500 acres (6.1 km2) of it for a branch of Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC). FLETC has its own United States Postal Service ZIP code, 31524.[1] The US Census lists the 31524 ZIP code as having no residents
post #1200 of 3268 Old 03-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Congrats for the renewal!

So many interesting Characters on this show!

This show is one of my favorites!
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page