post #1351 of 3254 Old 03-23-2012, 12:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

My wife cracked me up the other day. We were out at a restaurant eating lunch when a van of plain clothes G-Man pulled up to eat. One of the them pulled out a flack jacket with pockets full of radios and other gear with the words "US MARSHALL" on it. My wife looks out and says, "I wonder if Raylan Givens isn't far behind and we need to leave before the shooting starts."

Good story.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 3254 Old 03-23-2012, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

Whenever I see warnings for nudity on FX I know it is probably going to be man-butt.

Yeah ,they should put a F or a M next the nudity warning So I know when to avert my eyes (" M ") OR when to concentrate my attention (" F ")

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #1353 of 3254 Old 03-23-2012, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Yeah ,they should put a F or a M next the nudity warning So I know when to avert my eyes (" M ") OR when to concentrate my attention (" F ")

On Californication they should give Mangina warnings...

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #1354 of 3254 Old 03-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

I have a feeling if Quarles is to go down, Wynn will be the one to pull the trigger. Either literally or figuratively.

He'll reach a point where he's going to realize he has to get out the spiral of crazy and creepy and getting killed on the way down.

My money's on Dickie. We've seen how Boyd has reacted to a carpetbagger. Dickie shouldn't be too far behind and he's too dumb to realize the ramifications.
post #1355 of 3254 Old 03-23-2012, 01:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

On Californication they should give Mangina warnings...

I don't know what this means....and I don't want to know.

post #1356 of 3254 Old 03-23-2012, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldamon View Post

My money's on Dickie. We've seen how Boyd has reacted to a carpetbagger. Dickie shouldn't be too far behind and he's too dumb to realize the ramifications.

It's a possibility, but I think Dickie will be chasing BBQ for Mags' money, which will bring Boyd and Quaryles onto his trail. All eyes will be on Dickie and however the mayhem breaks down, Dr. Detroit will be pushing up Daisies (I predict in ep 12). I wonder who else will be taking a dirt nap. I read somewhere Yost saying that Dickie was like a cockroach and thus unkillable...so I imagine he survives.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #1357 of 3254 Old 03-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I bet the gun rail jams on Quarles.

post #1358 of 3254 Old 03-23-2012, 04:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

Dr. Detroit will be pushing up Daisies (I predict in ep 12).

Agreed....The Big Bad always gets it in the season-ender.

Quote:

I read somewhere Yost saying that Dickie was like a cockroach and thus unkillable...so I imagine he survives.

The problem is WHAT could be written about him?
OK, I'm assuming he doesn't go on the lamb and gets caught and sent back up the river....
I can't see a storyline about his life in prison as a regular part of the show going forward.

post #1359 of 3254 Old 03-23-2012, 06:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 489
I agree with those of you who have predicted that Quarles will be put down by Wynn Duffy. That makes sense to me because Wynn is just as ruthless as Quarles and probably smarter. He is also a hell of a lot less crazy than Quarles, faint praise though that may be.
post #1360 of 3254 Old 03-23-2012, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I agree with those of you who have predicted that Quarles will be put down by Wynn Duffy. That makes sense to me because Wynn is just as ruthless as Quarles and probably smarter. He is also a hell of a lot less crazy than Quarles, faint praise though that may be.

NOBODY would have believed that statement prior to Season 3
post #1361 of 3254 Old 03-23-2012, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Dickie will live into next Season ...
Quarrels is DOA by the end of this season !
Wynn will live to see next Season filling in the Vacuum of all the Dead Mob bosses ............
Raylan will put Quarrels down in a Grand Style , they have been pushing at each others nose all season..................can't you guys see the Elmore set-up coming !!
EL would end that dynamic with them in a face off , Come on were talking EL here ...Raylon is gonna Pull on him ......

Mike

post #1362 of 3254 Old 03-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Really enjoying this season. I can't find fault with any aspect of this show. Casting, acting, writing, directing, etc. Top notch!

I know I'll enjoy this series even more someday, when I can watch all the eps back to back marathon style

Also, is it just me? Has Neal McDonough truely not aged a day since his work on The Thunderbirds, all those years ago?

Sorry, couldn't resist....Always like his work. Especially on Boomtown. But, always have this feeling that he reminds me of something from my childhood
post #1363 of 3254 Old 03-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Dickie will time travel back to DHARMA and rejoin the cast of Lost.

lol
post #1364 of 3254 Old 03-24-2012, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

OK, I'm assuming he doesn't go on the lamb and gets caught and sent back up the river....
I can't see a storyline about his life in prison as a regular part of the show going forward.

Reading Yost's recaps, he often reveals what he feels about certain actors that aren't series regulars...and about some of the regulars that he admits get underutilized. He likes to have a stable of characters that he can have popup because he loves the actors and what they bring to the Harlan world. I can see Dickie as a recurrer...sort of like Dewie. It wouldn't matter if he's in prison or on the lamb or scott free. If the actor is available for an ep or a short arc, they'll write him in.

About the Quaryles/Raylan showdown...I'm sure there will be one, but I wouldn't predict Raylan putting him down. In fact, I expect it to go in a surprising fashion. If Duffy doesn't do it, then some other surprise will rear it's head. Also, there's a new bad guy coming to town. We'll see how that shapes the endgame.

post #1365 of 3254 Old 03-24-2012, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
My official prediction for the record - Quarles goes quietly. Think Joe Pesci in Goodfellas. Probably set up by Duffy, but I'm having a vision of his psycho self-confidence/narcissism melting in silence as he realizes he's done and the inevitability of it being undeniable.

Just like Raylan does Boyd's work, Boyd can also do Raylan's, so Quarles will probably suffer some humiliation at the hands of Boyd, before his ultimate end. Raylan won't even be involved, and he and Boyd will have a brotherly moment at the end.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #1366 of 3254 Old 03-24-2012, 02:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 221
There must be a few hundred people alive who want to see Quarles dead. I vote for Boyd being the one to get it done. Wynn is the only one who gets close enough to do it though, but does he have the cahones?
post #1367 of 3254 Old 03-24-2012, 04:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

There must be a few hundred people alive who want to see Quarles dead. I vote for Boyd being the one to get it done. Wynn is the only one who gets close enough to do it though, but does he have the cahones?

The speculation is interesting....
I gotta wonder...should this season's Big Bad really be taken down by anyone other than our hero?
Yeah, I know it's counter-intuitive to think otherwise....but still....TV shows are TV shows.

post #1368 of 3254 Old 03-24-2012, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Is he the big bad though? I'm thinking thats Limehouse

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #1369 of 3254 Old 03-24-2012, 10:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I think it is "on the lam" but maybe lambs are good transportation. Gawd knows that you might not need a cushion with them.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1370 of 3254 Old 03-24-2012, 11:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Dickie gets married:

LL

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #1371 of 3254 Old 03-25-2012, 01:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

OK....you have a good point.

post #1372 of 3254 Old 03-25-2012, 02:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

I think Limehouse makes it into next season. Dr. Detroit
won't.

In space, no one can eat ice cream - Killer Klowns From Outer Space
post #1373 of 3254 Old 03-25-2012, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabboy View Post

I think Limehouse makes it into next season. Dr. Detroit
won't.

The difference between LimeHouse & Quarrels is that LimeHouse is a resident who is out to protect his holler , yes he likes to dabble in others affairs to his advantage but he sticks to serve his people, his holler. He knows there is a limit to how big his enterprise can get without attracting un-due attention to his holler . Where as Quarrels is a psychotic carpet bagger who is out to glean every dime he can outta the locals . I look to see LimeHouse stay for quite awhile in the plot lines in coming seasons on "Justified" .Quarrels with Flame Out in a Blaze of Glorified Gunfire

Mike

post #1374 of 3254 Old 03-25-2012, 11:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

The difference between LimeHouse & Quarrels is that LimeHouse is a resident who is out to protect his holler , yes he likes to dabble in others affairs to his advantage but he sticks to serve his people, his holler. He knows there is a limit to how big his enterprise can get without attracting un-due attention to his holler.

I don't know what to make of Limehouse. He is a skillful businessman who has gained the trust of a lot of people but he has, apparently, cheated Dickie Bennett by telling Dickie that he holds far less of Mags' money than is actually the case. Does he plan to finally level with Dickie and give him his money or is he a stone cold thief? Either way, Limehouse is a really interesting fellow, who I hope sticks around into next season.
post #1375 of 3254 Old 03-25-2012, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't know what to make of Limehouse. He is a skillful businessman who has gained the trust of a lot of people but he has, apparently, cheated Dickie Bennett by telling Dickie that he holds far less of Mags' money than is actually the case. Does he plan to finally level with Dickie and give him his money or is he a stone cold thief? Either way, Limehouse is a really interesting fellow, who I hope sticks around into next season.

Limehouse is stepping on Dickie because he can ,Dickie is no longer a family with a huge amount of clout, he's a single idiot without any backing of a strong family . He's a bug now , easily squashed. The Bennet's name has no real support in Harlan after Mags sold out the town to the Coal Company , no one will stand up for Dickie sans Dewey . He'll led the life of a cockroach now ..............

Mike

post #1376 of 3254 Old 03-25-2012, 12:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Limehouse is stepping on Dickie because he can ,Dickie is no longer a family with a huge amount of clout, he's a single idiot without any backing of a strong family . He's a bug now , easily squashed. The Bennet's name has no real support in Harlan after Mags sold out the town to the Coal Company , no one will stand up for Dickie sans Dewey . He'll led the life of a cockroach now ..............

The reason I am puzzled by Limehouse is that I have a hard time believing he has been as dishonest with his other banking customers as he was with Dickie. Word of that sort of thing inevitably gets out and, to put it mildly, is bad for business. It would have seemed to me that Limehouse would have understood this, so I still cant understand his decision to cheat Dickie.
post #1377 of 3254 Old 03-25-2012, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The reason I am puzzled by Limehouse is that I have a hard time believing he has been as dishonest with his other banking customers as he was with Dickie. Word of that sort of thing inevitably gets out and, to put it mildly, is bad for business. It would have seemed to me that Limehouse would have understood this, so I still cant understand his decision to cheat Dickie.

The guy who had his hand burned by Limehouse asked nearly the same thing about Dickie & the money . LH said that Mags was dead & no one knew exactly what had transpired with her account but Mags herself & with no one but Dickie to make a claim. LH was assuming that others would side with him over Dickie . At least that's how I seen it ..

Mike

post #1378 of 3254 Old 03-25-2012, 02:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

The guy who had his hand burned by Limehouse asked nearly the same thing about Dickie & the money . LH said that Mags was dead & no one knew exactly what had transpired with her account but Mags herself & with no one but Dickie to make a claim. LH was assuming that others would side with him over Dickie . At least that's how I seen it ..

Now that you mention Limehouse's explanation to his henchman, I remember it to. You could very well be right that Limehouse's decision to cheat Dickie was that he thought the reward (great) overcame the risk (slight).
post #1379 of 3254 Old 03-25-2012, 03:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

You could very well be right that Limehouse's decision to cheat Dickie was that he thought the reward (great) overcame the risk (slight).

My estimation too.

post #1380 of 3254 Old 03-25-2012, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 128
I get the feeling that Limehouse is a petty tryant in his own Holler and is not near as smart as he thinks he is. He is backing too many horses for him to go unscathed in this turn of events.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page