post #1381 of 3254 Old 03-25-2012, 09:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

i get the feeling that limehouse is a petty tryant in his own holler and is not near as smart as he thinks he is.

+1

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 3254 Old 03-25-2012, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Limehouse is a snake, but I sure would like to try some of his BBQ ribs.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #1383 of 3254 Old 03-26-2012, 06:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

I get the feeling that Limehouse is a petty tryant in his own Holler and is not near as smart as he thinks he is. He is backing too many horses for him to go unscathed in this turn of events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

+1

I agree that Limehouse is likely riding for a fall. I wouldn't be surprised it what gets him doesn't turn out to be outsiders finding out about the money Mags Bennett entrusted to and him, which he embezzled from Dickie Bennett after Mags died. Speaking of Mags, I still miss her. There was a lady who really was as smart as she thought she was.
post #1384 of 3254 Old 03-26-2012, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I agree that Limehouse is likely riding for a fall. I wouldn't be surprised it what gets him doesn't turn out to be outsiders finding out about the money Mags Bennett entrusted to and him, which he embezzled from Dickie Bennett after Mags died. Speaking of Mags, I still miss her. There was a lady who really was as smart as she thought she was.

Mags was great, but I'm finding Limehouse even more intriging as a character. Like Mags he has his own moral code which he strictly follows, its just different than everybody elses. As far as not being as smart as he thinks he is, that could apply to anyone on this show. Well, okay, not Art-he is as smart as he thinks he is...
The hard look Raylon gave Limehouse after their talk is what makes me feel the climax of the season will be the two of them going at each other, with Dr. Detroit just the cause. Raylon basically gave him a choice and Limehouse chose wrong. And he's a much more formidible foe than Quarrels I think. But as good as the final battle would be I'd be more than happy if Limehouse sticks around for another season. The character is rich enough to develop more. So was Mags-maybe they regret killing her off so soon and don't want to do the same to Limehouse?

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #1385 of 3254 Old 03-26-2012, 09:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 215
If there's any real downfall to this season, its that there are too many bad guys and stories, it's hard to tell which one will come to a head - if any of them do. It certainly looks like the Detroit mob is on its way out but everything else is up in the air.
post #1386 of 3254 Old 03-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 30
My take on Limehouse's actions are he's looking at himself as more of a Robin Hood of the holler. He has explicitly stated Mags stole from the town folk then sold out to Black Pike. I think he sees himself as their Robin Hood by taking the Bennett's money. Hard to say if he will redistribute it, or if he is using it as collateral to secure larger business dealings, but maybe we will see.

As an aside, I certainly don't think Quarrels is done causing damage to either Raylon or Boyd. I DEFINITELY think that either Winona or Ava (or both) are in danger. The way this series has gone, I can definitely see both of these women being eliminated. This would absolutely solidify the Raylon/Boyd partnership that was alluded to in this season's previews/trailers (both characters running side-by-side shooting at the same target). Doing this would definitely set them up for next season to be insane with Raylon and Boyd, both unhinged, going after retribution. The best way to achieve that would be to keep Quarrels (and possibly Limehouse) around for a little longer (which would be fantastic in my opinion).

Big Dumb Mammal
post #1387 of 3254 Old 03-26-2012, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quarles is just a putz from out of town. Being a psycho makes him dramatically interesting, but he's got nothing basically (his direct threat to kill Raylan was laughable - intentionally - the writers trying to show you what an idiot he is.)

Limehouse seems to me to be the smartest person on the show. His thought process is sophisticated, he's obviously learned, and most in those parts have never heard of him. I doubt his name has ever been in the paper so to speak.

The holler is his castle, but his tentacles reach far. He's the Godfather - I think that was the point of his introduction scene with the kid from the bridge ... it mimicked Brando's introduction in the Godfather (with the baker or whatever he was.)

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #1388 of 3254 Old 03-26-2012, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjames View Post

Quarles is just a putz from out of town. Being a psycho makes him dramatically interesting, but he's got nothing basically (his direct threat to kill Raylan was laughable - intentionally - the writers trying to show you what an idiot he is.)

Limehouse seems to me to be the smartest person on the show. His thought process is sophisticated, he's obviously learned, and most in those parts have never heard of him. I doubt his name has ever been in the paper so to speak.

The holler is his castle, but his tentacles reach far. He's the Godfather - I think that was the point of his introduction scene with the kid from the bridge ... it mimicked Brando's introduction in the Godfather (with the baker or whatever he was.)

I agree ,Quarles (what is the correct spelling of his name ?)
Quarels,Quarrels , Quarles , is a failure @ being a Mobster , Harlan is his last stop , he's Pooched the Puppy everywhere else he been . I see him going down in " ball of flames " as his last Exit he'll want to prove he has Flash !

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #1389 of 3254 Old 03-26-2012, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Exactly. Great post.

post #1390 of 3254 Old 03-27-2012, 12:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Well, okay, not Art-he is as smart as he thinks he is...

You're right.

Quote:

The hard look Raylon gave Limehouse after their talk is what makes me feel the climax of the season will be the two of them going at each other, with Dr. Detroit just the cause. Raylon basically gave him a choice and Limehouse chose wrong. And he's a much more formidible foe than Quarrels I think. But as good as the final battle would be I'd be more than happy if Limehouse sticks around for another season. The character is rich enough to develop more.

It's hard to say, at this point, exactly where the season will end...
The novel (Raylan) has, what I think, a different trajectory and is probably no help here.

It could very well be Limehouse is being set up to be The Big Bad next season...I dunno.

IMO (and it is just that), Limehouse just doesn't have the "cajones" for next season's TBB.
Maybe it's just me...but I am a little underwhelmed by the simplicity of the character.
Justified is one of the finest (if not THE finest) dramas on the tube...and I expect drama of a VERY HIGH caliber from here on out...

post #1391 of 3254 Old 03-27-2012, 08:24 AM

Liked: 11
Next time you tell me you're not good at something, I'm gonna believe you.

post #1392 of 3254 Old 03-27-2012, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You're right.

It's hard to say, at this point, exactly where the season will end...
The novel (Raylan) has, what I think, a different trajectory and is probably no help here.

It could very well be Limehouse is being set up to be The Big Bad next season...I dunno.

IMO (and it is just that), Limehouse just doesn't have the "cajones" for next season's TBB.
Maybe it's just me...but I am a little underwhelmed by the simplicity of the character.
Justified is one of the finest (if not THE finest) dramas on the tube...and I expect drama of a VERY HIGH caliber from here on out...

They've launched all the balls in the air. How they impact each other is anyone's guess. I like it. If I had to make a prediction about Limehouse...he's in the game, but doesn't win big. His No.2 pays the price (as suggested earlier). He becomes a recurring character, but perhaps not a regular. I think there's plenty of room for bad guy recurring characters in Harlan. Boyd, Duffy, Limehouse, Raylan's dad, Dickie and even Dewey add flavor...no need for Limehouse to be another Big Bad.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #1393 of 3254 Old 03-27-2012, 10:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Exactly. Great post.

I agree. Quarles has lost his Detroit mob connection, is growing ever more unstable and is surrounded by people who are, at best, untrustworthy colleagues or, at worst, his mortal enemies.

In stark contrast to Quarles, Limehouse is emotionally stable, solidly established in his holler and, thanks to his "banking" connections, has a lot of power elsewhere. Still, knowing the Justified writers' well known ability to pull the rug out from under us, there is no telling where either Quarles or Limehouse may be at the end of the season.
post #1394 of 3254 Old 03-27-2012, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Those darn writers They have me a little worried this season - there's nothing more frustrating in movies/television than a satisfying story with an unsatisfying ending. With so many characters in play, I hope they have a clear view of the end game and don't cheap out with their devoted audience.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #1395 of 3254 Old 03-27-2012, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm sure the ending will be satisfying, but there will be loose ends for sure. In S1 we were left with Boyd chasing the cartel hitwoman and Raylan empty. In S2, Raylan's shot, Mags drinks her apple pie, Dickie's alive, but Raylan was saved by Art's gang. This season will also have some threads dangling into next.

post #1396 of 3254 Old 03-27-2012, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Good stuff.

The buildup is intense.

Can't wait to read all the postings tomorrow
post #1397 of 3254 Old 03-27-2012, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I think the writers have been busy this season setting up many story arcs for future seasons. Hence the abundance of characters. (We even had two more prominent actors introduced tonight with Michael Ironside and Adam Arkin!)
Not much chance of Justified running out of ideas anytime soon no matter who doesn't make it out of the finale...

Robert Clark
post #1398 of 3254 Old 03-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post

And I have switched allegiances. I am no longer Team Ava. I am proud to now consider myself Team Bar Owner/Bartender! What a great addition to the show in so many ways!

My lady and I agree (although she has been pro-Ava). Does she (or the actress that plays her) have a name? I know Raylan has called her by name, but I cannot find it on IMDB.

Add: Found it! The actress is Jenn Lyon and the character is Lindsey Salazar

In space, no one can eat ice cream - Killer Klowns From Outer Space
post #1399 of 3254 Old 03-28-2012, 12:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I agree. Quarles has lost his Detroit mob connection, is growing ever more unstable and is surrounded by people who are, at best, untrustworthy colleagues or, at worst, his mortal enemies.

Well done, sir...tonite's episode pretty much affirms your analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Clark View Post

(We even had two more prominent actors introduced tonight with Michael Ironside and Adam Arkin!)

A nice development.

post #1400 of 3254 Old 03-28-2012, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 357
The call sheet for this week's episode was longer than most movies! The only character who didn't make an appearance was Winona, but I didn't miss her.

Nice to see Ironside not only onscreen but not get killed off in one episode. The last time I saw him on television he was introduced and killed off instantly in the cold open of an episode of Burn Notice.

Thumbs up this episode: Art and his fatherly advice. Art dealing with a hostage crisis.

Thumbs down: Another use of a stun gun becoming an "knockout" gun. I expected better of Justified.

post #1401 of 3254 Old 03-28-2012, 04:43 AM
AVS Special Member

As good as I already thought this show was, I was amazed to realize I've underestimated it. Last night made the storyline a lot more complex, can hardly wait for next week.

post #1402 of 3254 Old 03-28-2012, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I look forward to ever line that Art has each week.

Nick Searcy is awesome in this role!!!

IMHO it seems that Raylan's dad is looking more and more feeble each week. Wonder where they are going to go with that buildup....{I did read the interview with Elmore Leonard posted a few weeks back---but still wonder how they are going to cap his *situation*}
post #1403 of 3254 Old 03-28-2012, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Thumbs down: Another use of a stun gun becoming an "knockout" gun. I expected better of Justified.

Ha.

I noticed this.
post #1404 of 3254 Old 03-28-2012, 06:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Another Deadwood alumni in this episode, the dead drug dealer was the guy that Dan Dority gutted at the Gem for looking at Flora.
post #1405 of 3254 Old 03-28-2012, 07:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

The only character who didn't make an appearance was Winona, but I didn't miss her.

I miss her...

Quote:

Nice to see Ironside not only onscreen but not get killed off in one episode.

He is always menacing in The Badass roles.
Last night he was exceptionally "badass."

Quote:

Thumbs up this episode: Art and his fatherly advice. Art dealing with a hostage crisis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypb View Post

+1....make that +2.

Quote:

IMHO it seems that Raylan's dad is looking more and more feeble each week. Wonder where they are going to go with that buildup....{I did read the interview with Elmore Leonard posted a few weeks back---but still wonder how they are going to cap his *situation*}

I gotta wonder if he will survive this season...

post #1406 of 3254 Old 03-28-2012, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:

IMHO it seems that Raylan's dad is looking more and more feeble each week.

Yeah, he's feeble like a fox, err, a feeble fox.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1407 of 3254 Old 03-28-2012, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I miss her...

Me too. Good actress
post #1408 of 3254 Old 03-28-2012, 01:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

This week's Justified was great television, I loved every minute of it. The show's writers have been on fire this season. The crazier and more out of control Quarles gets, the more fun it is to watch his breathtaking antics. I was rolling on the floor while he took out the unwashed drug dealers. As dangerous as Quarles is, he appears to be in deep, deep trouble.

I still have no idea how either the Limehouse thread or the one involving the visiting Detroit hit men will play out but they have been fun so far. The casting of Michael Ironside as the senior Detroit gun thug and Alan Arkin as his boss was inspired. Those guys are wonderful. I hope we see them again in both of the season's last two episodes.

I agree the bartender who is Raylan's new squeeze, or maybe he is her Squeeze, is terrific. Adding her to the likes of Ava and Winona proves again that Justified'a array of southern honeys is unrivaled.
post #1409 of 3254 Old 03-28-2012, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 357
Quote:

There are hints every so often that Art and Raylan are not that different. In his younger days Art probably kicked in doors and pulled his gun without following procedure as well. He's just grown older and less willing to spend the energy causing unnecessary paperwork or stress on his knees until he has to.

He wasted no time casually dropping the hit man this week and wasn't particularly concerned about negotiating. A very Raylan move.

post #1410 of 3254 Old 03-28-2012, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There are hints every so often that Art and Raylan are not that different. In his younger days Art probably kicked in doors and pulled his gun without following procedure as well. He's just grown older and less willing to spend the energy causing unnecessary paperwork or stress on his knees until he has to.

I agree.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page