post #1441 of 3262 Old 04-03-2012, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Looking forward to Tonight's episode ,the tension factor is on High !

Same here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 3262 Old 04-03-2012, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Silly Duffy! Waited too long.

Good episode, love all the backstabbing and tension everywhere.

Dicky is something else. Ha
post #1443 of 3262 Old 04-04-2012, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quarles is crazy. Smoking oxy and the a like.

I knew those two ladies weren't going to keep him locked up. Too easy to manipulate when they're all on drugs and alcohol. That chain had a lot of slack, they should have made the chain length 95% shorter. Why was he even able to stand up and walk? Should have had Quarles chained to the bed.

Mr. Limehouse is cool. Such a frightening guy
post #1444 of 3262 Old 04-04-2012, 07:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Silly Duffy! Waited too long.

As did Boyd.
Quarles has 9 lives.

Besides Quarles, who else is going to be terminated next week?
Dickie?
Limehouse?
Arrow?

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #1445 of 3262 Old 04-04-2012, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Speaking of Limehouse, I was totally floored by what he did with Mag's money. Comes off almost noble, risking a lot to keep his word. Yet another character on this show with his own moral code. It might be different from the norm, but he adheres strictly to it. Whats the Dylan line...if you live outside the law you have to be honest...even though it was written 40 years ago, he could have been talking about Justified

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #1446 of 3262 Old 04-04-2012, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Dr Detroit is quite the escape artist. Hated to see the trooper Dad get shot.
Put me in the camp who thought this episode mediocre for the series. Lacked the dozen memorable lines we've grown to love. Did like the reveal about Limehouse's disposition of Mags money, well in established character and well set up by the writers.

Guess Raylan's shooting of Dickie was justified.
post #1447 of 3262 Old 04-04-2012, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

Dr Detroit is quite the escape artist. Hated to see the trooper Dad get shot.
Put me in the camp who thought this episode mediocre for the series. Lacked the dozen memorable lines we've grown to love. Did like the reveal about Limehouse's disposition of Mags money, well in established character and well set up by the writers.

Guess Raylan's shooting of Dickie was justified.

Dickie gonna have to cut that leg off soon .. Raylan sure has messed with it for a long time ..
i feel that there were no memorial lines as they were moving along soo fast that the plot had a lot of ground to cover
Arlo is losing it Big Time ..........

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #1448 of 3262 Old 04-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:

I thought the episode was masterful in that it moved so much plot forward without feeling overwhelming. And, there WERE some great lines along the way. Actually resolved a lot of the season long plot lines; with a few modifications could have been the finale.
post #1449 of 3262 Old 04-04-2012, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Dickie gonna have to cut that leg off soon .. Raylan sure has messed with it for a long time ..
i feel that there were no memorial lines as they were moving along soo fast that the plot had a lot of ground to cover

Wait! I did love Quarrels' dialog when he mentioned 'Platoon' and that big hookah Mouse only knew about 'Cocoon'.
post #1450 of 3262 Old 04-04-2012, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandron View Post

I thought the episode was masterful in that it moved so much plot forward without feeling overwhelming. And, there WERE some great lines along the way. Actually resolved a lot of the season long plot lines; with a few modifications could have been the finale.

that episode moved very fast to me , I am going to re-watch this afternoon anyway . I'll be able to pick up the banter better the 2nd go around L O L . There was a huge amount of plot that progressed in a short hour , a head spinner to me ! a "did I hear that right" was a constant thought to me the whole episode

Mike

post #1451 of 3262 Old 04-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So many villians and they all escaped except for Dickey.

Quarles has nine lives!

lol
post #1452 of 3262 Old 04-04-2012, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 128
I was kinda surprised that (1) Boyd went so close to the car knowing that it was rigged to explode and Winn not answering his calls; (2) that it blew Boyd into the railing and out of consciousness and yet didn't seem to affect Quarles near as much although he was much closer (other than setting his suit on fire); (3) that Quarles has done so much in heavy drugs that he is able to function; and (4) that Quarles was able to get the drop on the trooper when his gun up the sleeve was hanging out so that the trooper had a clear advantage.

I liked that nothing went as planned. Boyd is so smart in some things and yet for some reason left Quarles guarded by idiots (and didn't kill Quarles like I thought he would and gave him a pretty big leash) and then left Johnny watching both Earl and Dickie which clearly wasn't going to work. That seemed exceptionally stupid. Limehouse seemed to have every angle covered for the most part.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1453 of 3262 Old 04-04-2012, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

I was kinda surprised that (1) Boyd went so close to the car knowing that it was rigged to explode and Winn not answering his calls; (2) that it blew Boyd into the railing and out of consciousness and yet didn't seem to affect Quarles near as much although he was much closer (other than setting his suit on fire); (3) that Quarles has done so much in heavy drugs that he is able to function; and (4) that Quarles was able to get the drop on the trooper when his gun up the sleeve was hanging out so that the trooper had a clear advantage.

I liked that nothing went as planned. Boyd is so smart in some things and yet for some reason left Quarles guarded by idiots (and didn't kill Quarles like I thought he would and gave him a pretty big leash) and then left Johnny watching both Earl and Dickie which clearly wasn't going to work. That seemed exceptionally stupid. Limehouse seemed to have every angle covered for the most part.

This episode was not as tightly plotted as many, excepting the well set up Limehouse reveal. Was there a single viewer who thought that Quarrels wouldn't easily escape those morons? And Johnny, outwitted by Dickie of all people.
post #1454 of 3262 Old 04-04-2012, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Just posting a pic - I kind of like it.

LL

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #1455 of 3262 Old 04-04-2012, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

IIRC Raylan was sitting just like that when Dickie came thru the door last nite .....

Mike

post #1456 of 3262 Old 04-04-2012, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

As did Boyd.
Quarles has 9 lives.

Besides Quarles, who else is going to be terminated next week?
Dickie?
Limehouse?
Arrow?

Exactly. I laughed at the 9 lives statement

I would like to say Limehouse and Dickie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

Awesome posting.

Quote:

This episode was not as tightly plotted as many, excepting the well set up Limehouse reveal. Was there a single viewer who thought that Quarrels wouldn't easily escape those morons? And Johnny, outwitted by Dickie of all people.

Sort of silly. Agreed.
post #1457 of 3262 Old 04-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have to agree that the Quarles escape seemed almost inevitable--in fact, I thought at first it was something that Boyd had set up intentionally, especially as he seemed to be a few moves ahead most of the time. That was a little disappointing.
post #1458 of 3262 Old 04-04-2012, 10:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Speaking of Limehouse, I was totally floored by what he did with Mag's money. Comes off almost noble, risking a lot to keep his word. Yet another character on this show with his own moral code. It might be different from the norm, but he adheres strictly to it. Whats the Dylan line...if you live outside the law you have to be honest...even though it was written 40 years ago, he could have been talking about Justified

You DO realize you are giving away your age????

Quote:

Dickie gonna have to cut that leg off soon .. Raylan sure has messed with it for a long time.

I thought he got hit in the shoulder....

Quote:

I forgot to mention Arlo...yeah, this is his last season (in fact, I would be surprised if he DOESN'T do away with Quarles and/or Dickie).

Quote:

Wait! I did love Quarrels' dialog when he mentioned 'Platoon' and that big hookah Mouse only knew about 'Cocoon'.

LOL, great line.

post #1459 of 3262 Old 04-05-2012, 04:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 378
By the time the episode was reaching the half way point I was struggling to keep up with who was double crossing and triplecrossing whom. Inception was easier to keep up with!

post #1460 of 3262 Old 04-05-2012, 05:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Raylan to Limehouse: "Looks like Christmas is coming early to Law Enforcement."

Loretta to Raylan: "Marshall, Do I strike you in any way as a Van Halen fan?"

post #1461 of 3262 Old 04-05-2012, 06:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 491
I have come to apppreciate Justified just as much as Elmore Leonard's books and stories. This week's justified was a classic example. The double-crosses and triple-crosses were mind blowing and some of the one liners were classics. I also continue to love little Loretta. This episode was so complex and so much fun, I think I'll watch it again. Man, I am going to hate it when the season ends! Thank God for Mad Men's return.
post #1462 of 3262 Old 04-05-2012, 09:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I have come to apppreciate Justified just as much as Elmore Leonard's books and stories. This week's justified was a classic example. The double-crosses and triple-crosses were mind blowing and some of the one liners were classics. I also continue to love little Loretta. This episode was so complex and so much fun, I think I'll watch it again. Man, I am going to hate it when the season ends!

+1

Loretta's line (see above) in her perfect dead-pan delivery was great...as usual.

BTW, the wife and I will be wearing black armbands next Wednesday...

post #1463 of 3262 Old 04-05-2012, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Raylan: Nice car.
Trooper Tom: New status ... would not outrun a dairy cow.
Raylan: Well, at least it's new.

Having been raised on a dairy farm, this one really tickled me. :-D
post #1464 of 3262 Old 04-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Raylan pushing Dickie by calling him stupid was classic. It was obvious he was provoking Dickie. I thought one scene at Loretta's showed Dickie with his gun pretty much pointing at Raylan was too loose. He could have easily beat Raylan at that point so the director was pretty lax there. Why Raylan didn't kill him is also questionable. Writers must like him. I got a lot of chuckles with the dialogue throughout so I'm not sure if there weren't more one liners than some picked up on.
I always liked the Trooper, as I'm sure all others here do, and I'll be diappointed if he's dead. Quarles' description of the damage of the hollow points and the preview don't give me much hope. Just can't figure out how Quarles got a shot off with the gun hanging down. The guy was wasted.
post #1465 of 3262 Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobg View Post

Just can't figure out how Quarles got a shot off with the gun hanging down. The guy was wasted.

Because I liked this week's episode so much, I went back and watched it again. I agree that Quarles' gun wasn't in his hand when Trooper Tom got the drop on him. The gun was hanging loose from the mechanism around Quarles wrist. It appeared to me that there would have been no way for Quarles to get the gun in his hand and get a shot off before Tom would have shot him. We weren't shown who fired the shot that hit Tom so I strongly suspect it wasn't Quarles.

It appeared to me that Raylan shot Dickie in the leg because when we saw Dickie on the floor after he was shot, he appeared to have his left hand on his left leg.
post #1466 of 3262 Old 04-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Here's a pretty good summary of the most recent episode: http://screenrant.com/justified-seas...n-yman-162963/
Next week's season ending finale is titled "Slaughterhouse" so we have a couple of days to contemplate who bites the bullet(s) and who remains standing. Limehouse seems pretty adept at maneuvering the chess pieces including pawns like Dickie, Quarles, and Boyd, less so with a knight like Raylan. How can Oxy infused Quarles last any longer - I suspect Limehouse remains, Dickie the cockroach survives, but once again is incarcerated, Arlo - succumbs to his escalating dementia and meets a bad end, Boyd & Ava retreat, and we catch a glimpse of Winona, perhaps nursing an injured Raylan.

post #1467 of 3262 Old 04-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobg View Post

Raylan pushing Dickie by calling him stupid was classic. It was obvious he was provoking Dickie. I thought one scene at Loretta's showed Dickie with his gun pretty much pointing at Raylan was too loose. He could have easily beat Raylan at that point so the director was pretty lax there. Why Raylan didn't kill him is also questionable. Writers must like him. I got a lot of chuckles with the dialogue throughout so I'm not sure if there weren't more one liners than some picked up on.
I always liked the Trooper, as I'm sure all others here do, and I'll be diappointed if he's dead. Quarles' description of the damage of the hollow points and the preview don't give me much hope. Just can't figure out how Quarles got a shot off with the gun hanging down. The guy was wasted.

For Dickie Raylon said he wanted him alive.

Quarles' might have an extra gun around his ankle perhaps?
post #1468 of 3262 Old 04-05-2012, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

I have come to apppreciate Justified just as much as Elmore Leonard's books and stories. This week's justified was a classic example. The double-crosses and triple-crosses were mind blowing and some of the one liners were classics. I also continue to love little Loretta. This episode was so complex and so much fun, I think I'll watch it again. Man, I am going to hate it when the season ends! Thank God for Mad Men's return.

I'm going to have to...I caught up watching Measures and Coalition last night, but fell asleep during the middle of Coalition. I know what happens, but not how .

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #1469 of 3262 Old 04-05-2012, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

You DO realize you are giving away your age????

My graqndfather gave me the SACD of Blonde on Blonde...

post #1470 of 3262 Old 04-05-2012, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Because I liked this week's episode so much, I went back and watched it again. I agree that Quarles' gun wasn't in his hand when Trooper Tom got the drop on him. The gun was hanging loose from the mechanism around Quarles wrist. It appeared to me that there would have been no way for Quarles to get the gun in his hand and get a shot off before Tom would have shot him. We weren't shown who fired the shot that hit Tom so I strongly suspect it wasn't Quarles.

Thats an intriging notion, and its going to make me watch it again tonight. I'm trying to remember who was there and I'm only recollecting Boyd and his brother. You think one of them did it, or am I missing something?

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page