Forum Jump: 
 24Likes

post #1621 of 3281 Old 04-18-2012, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm trying to track some of this down locally in NJ.

Summers' a comin...backyard drinking out of a mason jar sounds awfully enticing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 3281 Old 04-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

Careful or jandron will take your recipes to his son and they will start using them in the episodes!

I'll need to do more research...
post #1623 of 3281 Old 04-18-2012, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I just did a Google search for 'apple pie'. The 3rd selection in the dropdown box, was...'apple pie moonshine'. Must be popular.
post #1624 of 3281 Old 04-18-2012, 03:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

I just did a Google search for 'apple pie'. The 3rd selection in the dropdown box, was...'apple pie moonshine'. Must be popular.

It is NOW.
post #1625 of 3281 Old 05-10-2012, 03:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I've just started watcing this show on Blu-ray and have a quick question: would this show be best described as a procedural/episodic type of show? I have heard a lot of good about Justified, but I was kind of under the impression that this was a more serialized show. Does it retain this procedural format throughout the rest of the series?

post #1626 of 3281 Old 05-10-2012, 04:17 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post

I've just started watcing this show on Blu-ray and have a quick question: would this show be best described as a procedural/episodic type of show? I have heard a lot of good about Justified, but I was kind of under the impression that this was a more serialized show. Does it retain this procedural format throughout the rest of the series?

There are "case of the week" episodes, especially in the beginning. If I remember correctly at the latest in the second season it becomes very serialized.
post #1627 of 3281 Old 05-10-2012, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypb View Post

I'm trying to track some of this down locally in NJ.

Summers' a comin...backyard drinking out of a mason jar sounds awfully enticing...

I had my local liquor store get me a mason jar of the Old Smoky Mountain Apple Pie. Cost $28.95--is it that expensive right off the shelf? My wife picked it up and didn't ask why it was so much. Found it smooth and easy to drink--wasn't as strong as I expected when I heard "moonshine" but I'll probably try another jar---if I can find it a bit cheaper.....
post #1628 of 3281 Old 05-10-2012, 06:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post

The pattern has been the first half of the season were stand alone episodes introducing story plots for small arcs in the second half of the season that are part of a larger arc encompassing those smaller arcs.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
post #1629 of 3281 Old 05-10-2012, 06:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

Cost $28.95--is it that expensive right off the shelf?

Whatever the market will bare.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
post #1630 of 3281 Old 05-10-2012, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

Whatever the market will bare.

I was so hell bent to just get the stuff in my possession I didn't even ask the store owner how much it would cost when I had him order it for me.

Was just hoping someone could give me a cost comparison.....
post #1631 of 3281 Old 05-10-2012, 08:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:

I was so hell bent to just get the stuff in my possession I didn't even ask the store owner how much it would cost when I had him order it for me.

Was just hoping someone could give me a cost comparison.....

I've got some cousins back in WVa who can get you all you want at a considerably lower price-point than that.
post #1632 of 3281 Old 05-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Did anyone else who watched the 60 Minutes segment about corruption in Kentucky's Whitley country's Sheriff office get a feeling of amusement?
post #1633 of 3281 Old 05-10-2012, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

I had my local liquor store get me a mason jar of the Old Smoky Mountain Apple Pie. Cost $28.95--is it that expensive right off the shelf? My wife picked it up and didn't ask why it was so much. Found it smooth and easy to drink--wasn't as strong as I expected when I heard "moonshine" but I'll probably try another jar---if I can find it a bit cheaper.....

I couldn't find it in a huge local liquor store that carries almost everything. They even have an obscure beer I had in the Czech Republic. I mentioned it to my 24 year daughter, and she told me she saw some at Walmart.

I got the last jar. It was $23.97, and rang up as MOONSHINE.

Pretty tasty stuff.
post #1634 of 3281 Old 05-10-2012, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Funny story here locally where I live. Cops caught a guy that had killed 2 people on New year's eve. He said he would confess, if they brought him chicken from Lee's famous recipe chicken. He got his chicken, and confessed to the double murder. They had an episode in season 1 where they had a hostage situation in the office and the guy wanted chicken from a specific establishment.
post #1635 of 3281 Old 05-10-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

Funny story here locally where I live. Cops caught a guy that had killed 2 people on New year's eve. He said he would confess, if they brought him chicken from Lee's famous recipe chicken. He got his chicken, and confessed to the double murder. They had an episode in season 1 where they had a hostage situation in the office and the guy wanted chicken from a specific establishment.

Did he also look like Dan Dority/Warren/W. Earl Brown as well?
post #1636 of 3281 Old 05-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbathespud View Post

Did anyone else who watched the 60 Minutes segment about corruption in Kentucky's Whitley country's Sheriff office get a feeling of amusement?

Yeah. I told my wife, who watches Justified with me, that I thought we had seen this plotline already.
post #1637 of 3281 Old 05-10-2012, 11:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobg View Post

Yeah. I told my wife, who watches Justified with me, that I thought we had seen this plotline already.

LOL...while I watched this segment, I did think Justified's writers might have cribbed from this story a bit....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #1638 of 3281 Old 05-23-2012, 10:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 701
Finally got around to my long anticipated marathon watch of Season 3 .. to me, there is no more engaging way to soak in the show than all episodes over 2-3 days ..

Best season yet, IMO .. I thought Limehouse practically stole the show, they have to make him a recurring character .. I kept wondering, for some odd reason, if he had fake teeth .. I watch at 110", so you tend to pick up the details ..

And the slow slide into death by Quarles was excellent .. from a tailored psycho to the final scene, it was very well played and written ..

And the dialog is so well written, this could be a radio show at times ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1639 of 3281 Old 05-23-2012, 11:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

And the dialog is so well written, this could be a radio show at times ..

Agreed. I have thought from the beginning that Justified's strong suit was its wonderful dialog. Most of it sounds as if it came from Elmore Leonard's books. Come to think of it, in many ways it did.
post #1640 of 3281 Old 05-23-2012, 11:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Agreed. I have thought from the beginning that Justified's strong suit was its wonderful dialog. Most of it sounds as if it came from Elmore Leonard's books. Come to think of it, in many ways it did.

In todays World where abbreviation and ill use of language is becoming more and more common, (prolly, anyone .. ??) .. it is so refreshing to hear such eloquent use of American English ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1641 of 3281 Old 05-23-2012, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

I agree that this show might be the only one on TV that I store up the entire season and then watch it over 3-4 days. I don't do it with any other show but for some reason the experience is so much better that way.
post #1642 of 3281 Old 05-23-2012, 01:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

I agree that this show might be the only one on TV that I store up the entire season and then watch it over 3-4 days. I don't do it with any other show but for some reason the experience is so much better that way.

I did not find out about Justified until Season 2 .. so, I bought Season One and watched it in a marathon, since I had already started DVRing Season 2 ..

But it's like watching one long, great movie when you do it that way ..

Uncle Willie

post #1643 of 3281 Old 05-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I am starting to do that with virtually any serial show now. The only exceptions are Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones, because I don't have the will power to wait til the season is over to watch them.
post #1644 of 3281 Old 05-23-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

I am starting to do that with virtually any serial show now. The only exceptions are Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones, because I don't have the will power to wait til the season is over to watch them.

Brother From Another Mother ... exactly the same ..

Uncle Willie

post #1645 of 3281 Old 05-23-2012, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I did not find out about Justified until Season 2 .. so, I bought Season One and watched it in a marathon, since I had already started DVRing Season 2 ..

But it's like watching one long, great movie when you do it that way ..

Which also means that you can jump straight into the next episode instead of waiting too. Downside is that when I marathon, I always feel slightly sad when all the episodes are done.

post #1646 of 3281 Old 05-23-2012, 01:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

I started doing this a few years back mainly to determine if a show would be cancelled in mid stream. Many were as you will recall. Nothing worse than having a show you enjoy end abruptly.

Lately I have been storing episodes with the premium channel series as well as AMC and FX. Sons of Anarchy, Homeland and Boardwalk Empire come to mind.

The upside is you can familiarize yourself with characters and not have to ask the wife "have we seen her before, etc".

The downside is not being able to discuss the episodes in the Forum

Mikey Mo
"Survived Charley, Frances & Ivan. But Jeanne got me."
Anxiously Awaiting 2014 Hurricane Season.
"OAR OR DIE"
They killed the SACD. Bring it back.

post #1647 of 3281 Old 05-23-2012, 01:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Which also means that you can jump straight into the next episode instead of waiting too. Downside is that when I marathon, I always feel slightly sad when all the episodes are done.

Well, my friend Jack Daniels always helps out with the sad part ..

Uncle Willie

post #1648 of 3281 Old 05-23-2012, 01:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey mo View Post

Lately I have been storing episodes with the premium channel series as well as AMC and FX. Sons of Anarchy, Homeland and Boardwalk Empire come to mind.

Homeland was an excellent marathon ..

The downside is when you marathon, you have to wait ..

Uncle Willie

post #1649 of 3281 Old 05-23-2012, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

i did a marathon on Homeland too. Marathons are best for the detailed serialized shows.
post #1650 of 3281 Old 05-23-2012, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
I marathoned the first two seasons of Breaking Bad because I didn't even have cable until season 3. Imagine BB on BD from the beginning if you'd never seen it. I had to force myself to stop because I'd get so tired after 4 episodes in a row, it was so awesome.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page