So You Think You Can Dance -- Season Seven - Page 32 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #931 of 944 Old 02-03-2011, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 98
While I don't see anything wrong(I actually appreciated it) with posting FYIs about a similar(dance related) program I guess once a dedicated thread was started it would have been best to keep the L2D talk in the L2D thread and any season 7 SYTYCD talk in this thread
The reason I think that would be best is for future searchers and readers. After all someone wishing to read about early seasons of say L2D would be more likely to visit a L2D thread than stumble upon the talk in a SYTYCD thread. Another reason for keeping things On Topic is for those that use the notification feature where a PM or maybe Email is sent each time a thread is updated. I don't use this feature but I could see where it could be annoying to get lots of emails/PMs for something you may not be personally interested in. I realize someone could just unsubscribe to a thread like this once the season is over, but it's still possible something season 7 related could pop up and unsubscribing would limit you from seeing it.

That said, I'm rooting for D'Angelo & Amanda(10 and 11 year old pair) although I agree the Tango was probably not their best dance and lacked the sweeping moves and pauses that professionals might do. Little Kendall is also a firecracker and I wouldn't be upset if she won, I agree a SYTYCD star in the making.

Hopefully the next(if they have one) season of L2D will have a busier thread and more comments
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 944 Old 02-03-2011, 04:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1018 Post(s)
Liked: 784
Yeah--if you scroll back a while, you'll see that your request has already been made to little effect. It doesn't seem to me that it matters much, during this very long break in the SYTYCD action. You could always complain to a mod--maybe one will move the LTD posts.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #933 of 944 Old 02-03-2011, 04:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 23
If someone hadn't mentioned SYTYCD on the American Idol thread, I don't think I would have ever watched it.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #934 of 944 Old 02-03-2011, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Again, I apologize to any and all who DO subscribe and get email notifications (as do I). However, as I was pretty darned sure ALL Season Seven news was DEAD, DEAD DEADSKY (to quote Beetlejuice), and I was determined that either I, or someone equally enamored of SYTYCD WOULD post a Season Eight thread as SOON as we saw something about it, I was hoping most thread members would see no harm.

As much as this has been allowed to continue, I'm guessing at least one mod. has seen it and concurred (hoping so, at least). IF, all the L2D posts get moved to a thread dedicated to that show, I hope at least whoever moves them posts a link to that thread, because I haven't even bothered to look. I figured I had enough fellow dance-lovers here to satisfy my need for discussion.

And as you said, Scowl, YOU would have never known about SYTYCD had it not been for a posting about THAT show on the AI thread (a thread I've NEVER poked my nose into -- not even now that J-Lo and Steven Tyler are judges -- haven't watched ONE MINUTE of the new show, either). Just because you like the judges -- and I DO -- doesn't mean you have to like the show, the format, the whole concept -- and I DON'T.
Jeff

Life is the only constant...

post #935 of 944 Old 02-03-2011, 06:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I believe that if your post is moved and you're subscribed the thread it's in, your subscription moves with it.

post #936 of 944 Old 02-03-2011, 07:48 PM

Liked: 123
Why the hell would anyone want an email when every single new post is made on every single thread they like? Me, I simply check AVS and look at my subscribed threads. If they are highlighted, there are new posts. Easy!

Now, I could maybe see doing the email notification thing on a thread that has a specific question you're desperately seeking an answer to, but in a thread that has 20+ posts per day (when the show is airing) just seems ridiculously silly.
post #937 of 944 Old 02-04-2011, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Well you're SUPPOSED to just get ONE new notification per thread until you visit that thread again.

That IS the way it works for me with some threads (like this one). With some others I DO seem to get a separate email for EVERY SINGLE POST. No big deal to me, either way. It's REALLY easy to do type into my search box "AVS" and ALL the emails pop up, and I can scan through them all and delete ALL but the most recent one for each thread, which I do periodically. It IS a pain, however, when the thread notification doesn't work like it's supposed to, however. But since I routinely have email subscriptions from all kinds of non-profits and places like ZDNet and CNET, which I ALSO seldom have time to get to, I just don't let it bother me...

When your emails pile up into the thousands, periodically you go through and do MASS PRUNINGS via the method I described above. I took mine from almost 4,000 to under 500 in a couple hours a few months back, lol.
Jeff

Life is the only constant...

post #938 of 944 Old 09-11-2011, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Creative Emmy wins on 09/10/2011 for season 7: Mia Michaels and NappyTabs for choreography, win also for part 2 of the season 7 finale.
post #939 of 944 Old 09-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 24
That is great to hear. They also received an emmy for lighting design/direction.
post #940 of 944 Old 09-12-2011, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Well deserved for both choreographers (or all 3, I suppose).
post #941 of 944 Old 09-12-2011, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

That is great to hear. They also received an emmy for lighting design/direction.

That Emmy for the season 7 finale was for lighting design/direction.

Sorry, Cat Deeley did not win for reality show host (Survivor's Jeff Probst won).

Here's a link to the full list of winners:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...inners/103238/
post #942 of 944 Old 09-12-2011, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Well, I think it's a shame that Travis got passed over. But I must admit the competition was really tough with Otta My Mind and This Bitter Earth in there.

At least Alex Wong can now say he was in an Emmy winning performance from the show that probably ended his career.
post #943 of 944 Old 09-12-2011, 01:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

That Emmy for the season 7 finale was for lighting design/direction.

Sorry, Cat Deeley did not win for reality show host (Survivor's Jeff Probst won).

Here's a link to the full list of winners:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...inners/103238/

Impressive that Fox lead the way among Emmy winning commercial networks, though they didn't have any awards for a series.

post #944 of 944 Old 09-12-2011, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Big congrats to Nappytabs.
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page