'Curb Your Enthusiasm' on HBO HD - Season Eight - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

Old 12-24-2014, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 306
So my friend doesn't like 'Curb or It's Always Sunny!

I don't understand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2015, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

'Curb Your Enthusiasm' movie in the works? Larry David reportedly working on a film and season 9
By Aric Suber-Jenkins | Wednesday, September 16, 2015 | idigitaltimes.com

Seinfeld creator Larry David is such a genius that he arranged an open deal with HBO that allows him to make seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm whenever he’s feeling "creatively motivated." The cult series has been on hiatus since 2011, but finally now in 2015 it appears that David is once again feeling inspired. The one exception, however, is that the comedian seems to think that another season isn’t just enough to satisfy his artistic urges. Turns out he wants to go even better, as there are rumors swirling around that Larry David wants to make a Curb Your Enthusiasm movie.

Sports radio host Chris Law and apparent friend of Jeff Schaffer, the co-creator of The League, recently tweeted that Schaffer mentioned he had dinner with David over the weekend and "a Curb movie was discussed, as was another season."

If that doesn’t convince you, note that Schaffer and David have a professional history together. According to Complex Magazine, Schaffer “worked as an executive story editor on Seinfeld for four years, collaborated on the stories for all of Curb season 8 as well as the HBO movie Clear History.”

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/curb-yo...eason-9-475444
Gov and hunter65 like this.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:27 AM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post
'Curb Your Enthusiasm' movie in the works? Larry David reportedly working on a film and season 9
By Aric Suber-Jenkins | Wednesday, September 16, 2015 | idigitaltimes.com

Seinfeld creator Larry David is such a genius that he arranged an open deal with HBO that allows him to make seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm whenever he’s feeling "creatively motivated." The cult series has been on hiatus since 2011, but finally now in 2015 it appears that David is once again feeling inspired. The one exception, however, is that the comedian seems to think that another season isn’t just enough to satisfy his artistic urges. Turns out he wants to go even better, as there are rumors swirling around that Larry David wants to make a Curb Your Enthusiasm movie.

Sports radio host Chris Law and apparent friend of Jeff Schaffer, the co-creator of The League, recently tweeted that Schaffer mentioned he had dinner with David over the weekend and "a Curb movie was discussed, as was another season."

If that doesn’t convince you, note that Schaffer and David have a professional history together. According to Complex Magazine, Schaffer “worked as an executive story editor on Seinfeld for four years, collaborated on the stories for all of Curb season 8 as well as the HBO movie Clear History.”

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/curb-yo...eason-9-475444

Bring it on!! Boy I miss this show!
Young C likes this.

Main HT Room: Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV3, Sony BDP-S5100, Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers, Sierra Horizon and HTM-200SE, Dual Power Sound Audio XV15 Subwoofers
Basement HT Room: Panny TC-P58V10 (Black Level Restored!), Denon AVR-E300, Comcast X1 STB, Sony BDP-S590, Speakers: Wave Crest Audio HVL-1 (L/C/R), Pioneer SP-BS 22 (Surr) and Power Sound Audio XV15 Subwoofer
Old 06-10-2016, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Curb Your Enthusiasm May Finally Come Back, Here's What We Know
By Nick Venable | Thursday, June 09, 2016 | cinemablend.com

In a few months, it will be five years since Larry David last made everyone in every room uncomfortable as the pret-ty good lead in HBO's modern classic Curb Your Enthusiasm. Though conversations have flown over the years in which a ninth season for the comedy was rumored to be a possibility, David himself has always been in the "never say no, but probably not" camp. Until recently, it seems, according to the hilarious JB Smoove, who says he checks in with David all the time.

So I called Larry like two weeks ago and I said, 'Hey, Larry man.' I just talk about regular stuff with him. It's not always Curb stuff. But this time, aha! This time, he brings up Curb Your Enthusiasm...He starts out with his little 'Ehhh.' You know, he always does that. 'Ehhh. You know. I'm thinking about coming back.'

Now, this isn't a reason to drop everything to commission an artist to paint a picture of you shaking Larry David's hand while holding a copy of Season 9 on Blu-ray, since minds can change all the time. But it's definitely a good sign that David is at least talking to one other person about getting another season off the ground. It's proof things may one day be cheerier than Marty Funkhouser's marriage.

Sure, we don't know how many people have been in on this news - it's impossible not to assume Jeff Garlin has gotten a phone call - but it makes total sense that Larry David is chatting up JB Smoove about a possible Curb Your Enthusiasm return. The comedian became Larry's second banana on the show after joining it in Season 6 and is one of the biggest reasons why the later seasons stand up to the early ones, even as viewers became somewhat immune to the imploding plotlines. Leon brings the ruckus.

The conversation went a little further than just David saying he's weighing his options. He also put out feelers for whether or not Smoove would be down with returning. Here's what else the actor shared on The Rick Eisen Show.

He said, 'If I do come back, you're going to be available?' I said, 'You know something, Larry? I will be available. Just call me and give me early notice and I'll be here.' I'll move anything I'm doing to the side for Curb Your Enthusiasm, which would be a fabulous thing to do. Season 9 would be fabulous.

That's the understatement of the year, Mr. Smoove. The understatement indeed. Now all that needs to be done is contacting the huge ensemble of actors and making sure they'll all be back, too. Make it happen, HBO.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...s-what-we-know
Old 06-10-2016, 01:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2942 Post(s)
Liked: 2522
Larry looks to be having the time of his life playing Bernie Sanders nearly every week on Saturday Night Live. He's been sidesplittingly funny. It's the only reason I'm still watching that show.

Since he's got more money than God thanks to 'Seinfeld' residuals, HBO is going to have to do more than just back a Brinks truck up to his front door. But after 5 years, you'd think Larry would have had his 'Curb' batteries sufficiently recharged to do another season. C'mon Larry, do it!
Young C likes this.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 793 Post(s)
Liked: 631
it's now official...HBO has confirmed that Curb Your Enthusiasm will be returning for Season 9...no word yet on how many episodes or when the new season will premiere...“We’re thrilled that Larry has decided to do a new season of Curb and can’t wait to see what he has planned,” Casey Bloys, president, HBO programming, said in a statement...the official release also included David’s thoughts on the new episodes: “In the immortal words of Julius Caesar, ‘I left, I did nothing, I returned.'”...

http://tvline.com/2016/06/14/curb-yo...n-larry-david/
archiguy, acebreathe and YoungC55 like this.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 716
I think with his outstanding spots on SNL the election season made Larry realize he still had plenty of gas left in the tank. Definitely looking forward to Larry and the gang's next outing.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1418
Honestly without a premiere date nothing has really changed. LD has never ruled out season nine and frequently mentioned he has been thinking about it for years.

Could be 2017, 2018 ...

He could be dead before it airs and plenty of time for the world to end before that.
YoungC55 likes this.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
Honestly without a premiere date nothing has really changed. LD has never ruled out season nine and frequently mentioned he has been thinking about it for years.

Could be 2017, 2018 ...

He could be dead before it airs and plenty of time for the world to end before that.
Yes, something has changed, he's made to HBO and I would imagine to the cast members involved.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Taken from the HOTP thread on top of the "HDTV Programming" page

TV Notes (Cable)

‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ To Return For Season 9 On HBO
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Jun. 14, 2016

He’s back! After a five-year hiatus, Larry David has agreed to do another installment of his signature HBO comedy series Curb Your Enthusiasm.

“We’re thrilled that Larry has decided to do a new season of Curb and can’t wait to see what he has planned,” said HBO president of programming Casey Bloys.

Asked why he decided to come back, David said, “In the immortal words of Julius Caesar, ‘I left, I did nothing, I returned.’”

No cast has been confirmed but virtually all original cast members, including Jeff Garlin and J.B. Smoove have said that they would return for another season.

While the most recent eighth season of Curb had a final scene of Larry (David) in France that could serve as a series ending, HBO brass had kept up the hope that David would do another season eventually.

HBO’s previous president of programming Michael Lombardo last year spoke of a meeting he had had with David before the premiere of the Seinfeld co-creator’s play Fish In The Dark. At that meeting, David pulled out a notebook. “Do you know what this is?” he asked. “This is the ‘next season’ notebook.”

“I don’t think it’s out of his system,” Lombardo said at the time. “When he has something to say, he will come back. I certainly see this as a continuing dialogue with him – a long one, but a continuing one.”

Curb Your Enthusiasm stars David as an over-the-top version of himself in an unsparing but tongue-in-cheek depiction of his life. With 80 episodes to date, the show is HBO’s longest-running scripted comedy or drama series. Following Season 8 of Curb, David starred in and co-wrote the 2013 HBO Films presentation Clear History.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/curb-you...bo-1201772412/

Edit: I'm late. Sorry.

I want my original user name back.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:42 AM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungC55 View Post

TV Notes (Cable)

‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ To Return For Season 9 On HBO
By Nellie Andreeva, Deadline.com - Jun. 14, 2016

He’s back! After a five-year hiatus, Larry David has agreed to do another installment of his signature HBO comedy series Curb Your Enthusiasm.

“We’re thrilled that Larry has decided to do a new season of Curb and can’t wait to see what he has planned,” said HBO president of programming Casey Bloys.

Asked why he decided to come back, David said, “In the immortal words of Julius Caesar, ‘I left, I did nothing, I returned.’”

No cast has been confirmed but virtually all original cast members, including Jeff Garlin and J.B. Smoove have said that they would return for another season.

While the most recent eighth season of Curb had a final scene of Larry (David) in France that could serve as a series ending, HBO brass had kept up the hope that David would do another season eventually.

HBO’s previous president of programming Michael Lombardo last year spoke of a meeting he had had with David before the premiere of the Seinfeld co-creator’s play Fish In The Dark. At that meeting, David pulled out a notebook. “Do you know what this is?” he asked. “This is the ‘next season’ notebook.”

“I don’t think it’s out of his system,” Lombardo said at the time. “When he has something to say, he will come back. I certainly see this as a continuing dialogue with him – a long one, but a continuing one.”

Curb Your Enthusiasm stars David as an over-the-top version of himself in an unsparing but tongue-in-cheek depiction of his life. With 80 episodes to date, the show is HBO’s longest-running scripted comedy or drama series. Following Season 8 of Curb, David starred in and co-wrote the 2013 HBO Films presentation Clear History.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/curb-you...bo-1201772412/

Edit: I'm late. Sorry.

I want my original user name back.
Woo Woo!!!!!

Main HT Room: Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV3, Sony BDP-S5100, Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers, Sierra Horizon and HTM-200SE, Dual Power Sound Audio XV15 Subwoofers
Basement HT Room: Panny TC-P58V10 (Black Level Restored!), Denon AVR-E300, Comcast X1 STB, Sony BDP-S590, Speakers: Wave Crest Audio HVL-1 (L/C/R), Pioneer SP-BS 22 (Surr) and Power Sound Audio XV15 Subwoofer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement