post #901 of 1460 Old 10-24-2012, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post

i don't understand why Rosetti wasn't in this week's episode at all, especially how the previous one ended

From the looks we got in the previews, Rosetti may be in hiding......They need to stretch some storilines out wink.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1460 Old 10-24-2012, 02:56 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypb View Post

In season 1 (I think?) didn't Nucky set fire to his parents old house right in front of the kid? And didn't the kid get caught playing with matches at school in season 2? Seems ol' Margaret is in denial about many things...this latest one just being a little closer to home then the rest of the things she's *ignoring*.....

Boy's got some issues...and a track record....so I'm guessing he's GUILTY!
Nice connection, definitely remember the house burning scene but the school incident is lost in my grey matter somewhere I can't readily access.

When I saw the boy with the knife talking to his sister, and then a bit later Margaret heard some noise, what sounded like a stabbing sound to me, I thought the boy was sticking his sister with the knife.
post #903 of 1460 Old 10-24-2012, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Nice connection, definitely remember the house burning scene but the school incident is lost in my grey matter somewhere I can't readily access.
When I saw the boy with the knife talking to his sister, and then a bit later Margaret heard some noise, what sounded like a stabbing sound to me, I thought the boy was sticking his sister with the knife.

don't you watch the 'previously on Boardwalk Empire' scenes right before the episode airs?...they showed the school scene where the kid's teacher talks to Margaret about the fire setting...the 'previously on' scenes are put there for a reason- to remind viewers of things they may have forgotten from previous seasons
post #904 of 1460 Old 10-24-2012, 04:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

don't you watch the 'previously on Boardwalk Empire' scenes right before the episode airs?...they showed the school scene where the kid's teacher talks to Margaret about the fire setting...the 'previously on' scenes are put there for a reason- to remind viewers of things they may have forgotten from previous seasons
Typically I don't watch those in fact. In anycase, it's not really that important, the kid's got issues and that was pretty well established even before this last episode.

I suspect that when he does go off the rails the fire and the knife may turn out to be a misdirect and it will be something else he does that causes someone extreme pain or even death, maybe he'll stumble across a gun and shoot his sister, or mother.
post #905 of 1460 Old 10-25-2012, 12:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Well remembered! I'm going to take your word for it because it sounds very familiar.
Yeah, it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

maybe he'll stumble across a gun and shoot his sister, or mother.
We can only hope...

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #906 of 1460 Old 10-27-2012, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Richard Harrow + Really Good Plastic Surgery & A Time Machine =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6e0N6c4K3k

Its kinda disturbing....biggrin.gif
post #907 of 1460 Old 10-28-2012, 08:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

Richard Harrow + Really Good Plastic Surgery & A Time Machine =
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6e0N6c4K3k
Its kinda disturbing....biggrin.gif
You're right!eek.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #908 of 1460 Old 10-28-2012, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Who's sicker..Gyp Rosetti or Gillian Darmody ? eek.gif

Joe Masseria is some presence...now I know why Rothstein shows respect.

Nucky and Eli seem to patch things up....
post #909 of 1460 Old 10-29-2012, 01:28 AM
AVS Special Member

looks like they're gonna slow burn the whole Gyp revenge storyline until the end of the season...in a way they rushed things in the first few episodes where they should have spread it out more
post #910 of 1460 Old 10-29-2012, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

looks like they're gonna slow burn the whole Gyp revenge storyline until the end of the season...in a way they rushed things in the first few episodes where they should have spread it out more

Maybe..maybe not...notice that Joe Masseria was about to wack Gyp.

Gyp is now motivated by fear and revenge.
post #911 of 1460 Old 10-29-2012, 07:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:

Who's sicker..Gyp Rosetti or Gillian Darmody ? eek.gif

If it was set in modern times Gillian would be diagnosed with some form of clinical depression. She couldn't admit Jimmy was dead until she saw a body and that guy was the closest thing she had. I don't think she's going to be setting people on fire next week.

post #912 of 1460 Old 10-29-2012, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If it was set in modern times Gillian would be diagnosed with some form of clinical depression. She couldn't admit Jimmy was dead until she saw a body and that guy was the closest thing she had. I don't think she's going to be setting people on fire next week.

I think her plan was more sinister...produce a body to gain control of the estate.

Looks like Nucky Thompson will be disturbed by "Dead Jimmy 2.0" based on the preview.
post #913 of 1460 Old 10-29-2012, 09:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:

I think her plan was more sinister...produce a body to gain control of the estate.

No need. She had been offered the estate a few episodes back, but she refused to sign the papers because then she would have had to acknowledge Jimmy was dead.

post #914 of 1460 Old 10-29-2012, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

No need. She had been offered the estate a few episodes back, but she refused to sign the papers because then she would have had to acknowledge Jimmy was dead.

True, she may have had some issues with accepting Jimmy's demise but without a body she then she has to wait what, 7 years to claim the estate?

Now that she can produce "Poor Dead Jimmy" (complete with dogtags) she can solve her money problems before she goes bankrupt.

Small problem I see with this plan......
Quote:

Looks like Nucky Thompson will be disturbed by "Dead Jimmy 2.0" based on the preview.

Nucky knows Jimmy is already dead - well he should since he is the one who shot him - and should have no trouble figuring out what Gillian is up to. I don't think Nucky will be so much disturbed as he will be wondering how he can work this "insider information" to his advantage.

Gillians going to S%&$ a brick when Nucky drops this one on her.............cannot wait for that scene smile.gif

There are no stupid questions. Stupid answers on the other hand....that's a whole other story...........
post #915 of 1460 Old 10-29-2012, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 36
How did Harrow know Jimmy was dead? He told Nucky he knew. And it blew me away to see Gyp take $hit from his sister like that! The look she gave him!! Classic! This guy is a loose cannon. But he took it from massaria too, I thought for sure he was toast. Yeh, Nuky gonna $hit when he hears about Darmody 2.0
What a great show!! It just gets better and better.
post #916 of 1460 Old 10-30-2012, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Am I the only one who thinks this guy doesn't look like Jimmy at all? confused.gif
post #917 of 1460 Old 10-30-2012, 08:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 453
I thought the scene in the church in which Gyp berated the Holy Trinity and then knocked down a priest was wonderful. Gyp is a walking talking bomb. I also liked the insight we got at Gyp's dinner table in which the women of the house actually got Gyp to do their will. We've seldom if ever seen anything like that from Gyp.

I believe Gillian's motive in killing her Jimmy-look-alike lover in her bathtub and hanging Jimmy's dog tags around his neck was to be able to produce "Jimmy's" body immediately so that she could sell the Commodore's house and thereby solve her financial problems. That said, Gillian's incestuous relationship with Jimmy was so weird, I admit that other factors could have been at play, which induced her to kill the Jimmy-look-alike. I don't know whether bearing a child at 13 and then having intercourse with him when he reached puberty would make any woman nuts, but it clearly wasn't good for Gillian's mental health.
quad4.0 likes this.
post #918 of 1460 Old 10-30-2012, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
While only a guess, I think Masseria is seizing a potential opportunity to push Rothstein aside and become the boss of organized crime in NYC. First, he gets word to Rothstein that Rosetti has gone off the deep end and is beyond his control. By warning Rothstein he's appearing to wash his hands of Rosetti. By maintaining plausible deniability he can watch Rosetti fail and lose nothing. If he succeeds, Masseria moves in and grabs the spoils.

Gillian's significance to the story died when Jimmy did. Her current state of mind, whatever it is, is immaterial to the big picture. The impending conflict in Chicago and NYC will hopefully take center stage sooner rather than later.
post #919 of 1460 Old 10-30-2012, 09:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egrady View Post

Gillian's significance to the story died when Jimmy did. Her current state of mind, whatever it is, is immaterial to the big picture. The impending conflict in Chicago and NYC will hopefully take center stage sooner rather than later.

I agree that Jimmy's death made Gillian a lot less central to the story than she had been when Jimmy was alive. Nevertheless, Gillian, as played by the beautiful and talented Gretchen Mol, continues to fascinate me, so I hope that she remains in the show for a while longer at least. Who knows, though? Jimmy's death established beyond serious argument to the contrary that any of Boardwalk Empire's central characters can go at any time,
post #920 of 1460 Old 10-30-2012, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I agree that Jimmy's death made Gillian a lot less central to the story than she had been when Jimmy was alive. Nevertheless, Gillian, as played by the beautiful and talented Gretchen Mol, continues to fascinate me, so I hope that she remains in the show for a while longer at least. Who knows, though? Jimmy's death established beyond serious argument to the contrary that any of Boardwalk Empire's central characters can go at any time,

Not Nucky.
post #921 of 1460 Old 10-30-2012, 10:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Not Nucky.

Obviously, without Nucky there would be no Boardwalk Empire but anybody else, including Margaret, could be eliminated at any time, without my being surprised in the least.
post #922 of 1460 Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBuzzard View Post

Small problem I see with this plan......
Nucky knows Jimmy is already dead - well he should since he is the one who shot him - and should have no trouble figuring out what Gillian is up to. I don't think Nucky will be so much disturbed as he will be wondering how he can work this "insider information" to his advantage.
Gillians going to S%&$ a brick when Nucky drops this one on her.............cannot wait for that scene smile.gif

Why would Nuck have a problem with what Gillian did? Will he go to the authorities and say, "That ain't Jimmy, I killed him!"??? It takes a murder rap off his head, and gives Gillian access to Jimmy's inheritance. The two don't even interact anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad4.0 View Post

And it blew me away to see Gyp take $hit from his sister like that! The look she gave him!! Classic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I also liked the insight we got at Gyp's dinner table in which the women of the house actually got Gyp to do their will. We've seldom if ever seen anything like that from Gyp.

We've already seen that he doesn't hurt animals or women. It appears his submissive upbringing has lead him to rid himself of his frustrations by beating other men to a pulp though. wink.gif
post #923 of 1460 Old 11-01-2012, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

Why would Nuck have a problem with what Gillian did? Will he go to the authorities and say, "That ain't Jimmy, I killed him!"??? It takes a murder rap off his head, and gives Gillian access to Jimmy's inheritance. The two don't even interact anymore.

Maybe, or somebody finds out that Jimmy 2.0 ain't the real Jimmy and starts an investigation.
post #924 of 1460 Old 11-01-2012, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

Maybe, or somebody finds out that Jimmy 2.0 ain't the real Jimmy and starts an investigation.

Huh? It's well known that the coroner is bribable. That's how they hid the Commodore's murder. The coroner will issue an accidental overdose death certificate for Jimmy and that will be that!
post #925 of 1460 Old 11-04-2012, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

The Boardwalk shocks....at least three times in this episode.

Nucky finally wises up concerning the Mistress...

Looks like everyone is losing their fears and going for what they really want.

The battle-lines are drawn....how does this show just keep getting better?
quad4.0 likes this.
post #926 of 1460 Old 11-04-2012, 11:19 PM
AVS Special Member

I hope they keep Gyp around next season...he's one of my all time favorite gangster characters on TV or film...hopefully they won't just make him a 1 season villian and kill him off in the season finale

loved the Van Alden scenes this week...the iron scene was a classic...I was half expecting him to say 'Kneel before Zod' at the end...Capone seemed to be eyeing Torrio in a weird way at the end...looks like he's thinking about offing him and becoming the top dog
post #927 of 1460 Old 11-05-2012, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I hope they keep Gyp around next season...he's one of my all time favorite gangster characters on TV or film...hopefully they won't just make him a 1 season villian and kill him off in the season finale
loved the Van Alden scenes this week...the iron scene was a classic...I was half expecting him to say 'Kneel before Zod' at the end...Capone seemed to be eyeing Torrio in a weird way at the end...looks like he's thinking about offing him and becoming the top dog

+1 on all comments....but its going to be great seeing the way Gyp dies.
post #928 of 1460 Old 11-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 35

"Unlike steam irons, aquavit sells itself."

NorthSeaSurfRadio.org - 100% Instrumental Surf Music. Commercial Free.
post #929 of 1460 Old 11-05-2012, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Th war is on! RIP Billie Kent! OMG! I knew there was an attack coming, but holy cow bells! Then you consider Gyp and how mad he really is- yeh he has it coming now.
post #930 of 1460 Old 11-05-2012, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

+1 on all comments....but its going to be great seeing the way Gyp dies.

I know it's to much to hope for, but my first choice is to see Van Alden and Rosetti go at it. Those two psychos deserve each other.

Regarding the explosion, the lack of certainty coupled with the monumental collateral damage seems over the top, even for Rosetti. While I realize it's strongly implied Rosetti was behind it, I could believe a boiler explosion much easier than this being Rosetti's choice of weapons.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Boardwalk Empire Seasons 1 3 Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Boardwalk by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page