Old 11-12-2014, 09:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
Once again Young Darmody did not go live with a stranger family. He left to go live with a family that Richard Harrow knew. Richard could easily have told the mother all about Nucky. Our 30+ year old kids remember crap when they were five years old that I can't remember. All the 7 year later kid had to know was who his father was. He could have looked up the rest from there. That aside, it would not have been big twist if they fed it to us.
Yes ..

And I'll add .. whenever a show we like, have invested in, know the characters, etc, ends it's run, which they all do, the finale or even the final season, for that matter, always leaves us wanting for more, because it's like we've suddenly lost something .. which, of course, we have .. could it have been ended better.. ?? Of course, that can be said of any .. do many of us have a wish list of how this and that could have been handled .. ?? Certainly ..

However, IMO, the final season was great .. it tied it all together, it brought finality, the end of an era and more .. I hope that Boardwalk takes it's place among the list of TV's greatest shows ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2014, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Yes ..

And I'll add .. whenever a show we like, have invested in, know the characters, etc, ends it's run, which they all do, the finale or even the final season, for that matter, always leaves us wanting for more, because it's like we've suddenly lost something .. which, of course, we have .. could it have been ended better.. ?? Of course, that can be said of any .. do many of us have a wish list of how this and that could have been handled .. ?? Certainly ..

However, IMO, the final season was great .. it tied it all together, it brought finality, the end of an era and more .. I hope that Boardwalk takes it's place among the list of TV's greatest shows ..
I've been holding out for the be-all end-all entire series bluray set, I'll definitely be picking that up. Hopefully it'll have nice packaging similar to the recent Sopranos series set. I haven't seen any announcements so it probably won't be out until 2015
Old 11-12-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post
I've been holding out for the be-all end-all entire series bluray set, I'll definitely be picking that up. Hopefully it'll have nice packaging similar to the recent Sopranos series set. I haven't seen any announcements so it probably won't be out until 2015
Yup .. although the HBO PQ / SQ was OK .. I watch at 120" and I'm really, really wanting a true HD set with some HD audio to go along with it .. in my HT, it was always a little soft and not as vibrant as I know it could be ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Tags
Boardwalk Empire Seasons 1 3 Blu Ray