'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD *** WARNING - Spoilers allowed *** - Page 109 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 480Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3241 of 3324 Old 06-27-2016, 09:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChldsPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 1,535
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 730 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
I haven't read the books but from what I read that happened a while ago and most of S5 was ahead of the books.

S6 was all about getting rid of characters. S6 also was the first finale with no cliffhanger or doubts. The stage has been cleared of all extras. The only new character they introduced is Euron (and thats only because of his damn Horn). They've killed off tons of major characters. There are no side plots left. Its all about WW invasion + KL invasion now. Not because there's no story to tell, but because they want to wrap up the show as fast as they can. Makes me a bit sad really to see it end like this.
No, most of season 5 was behind the books still. I think the Riverrun "siege" may have been the last thing to catch up from the books, though that seems fairly pointless at this point in time on the show.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3)
Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4); Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4)
Subwoofers - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2) - Powered by Crown XLS 5000.
Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
ChldsPlay is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3242 of 3324 Old 06-28-2016, 04:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,202
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1363 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
I know a lot more time passes on the show than is shown, but it seems like LF let Varys borrow his teleporter

Mereen -> Dorne -> back on the ship, that's a lot of miles to cover! Couldn't Dany have lent him a dragon at least
Actually he went Mereen to Dorne and then got on the Dorne fleet that met up with Danny's crew. He didn't go back to Mereen to get on the ship, all of the Dorne fleet met up with the main group for the epic final shot.
TitusTroy likes this.

WilliamR is offline  
post #3243 of 3324 Old 06-28-2016, 04:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,202
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1363 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
did the reddit guy who was posting spoilers get everything right as far as the last few episodes?
Yes, he was dead on accurate.

WilliamR is offline  
 
post #3244 of 3324 Old 06-28-2016, 08:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dcowboy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pequannock, NJ
Posts: 5,944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Yes, he was dead on accurate.
Only slight hiccup was originally Wun Wun made it but then before the ep aired he said he may have misremembered & wasnt sure either way.

Ep10 was most watched ever 8.9 million.
Also was most watched season ever 7.7m - every season has beaten the previous season.
Avg ep runtime was 55 min 50 sec puts it 3rd - #1 still is season 1 at 56 min 08 sec.

Be interesting to see now with the shorter ep seasons if they do more longer eps.

dcowboy7 is offline  
post #3245 of 3324 Old 06-28-2016, 10:56 AM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 3,804
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Well Sam still had a smidge in the books not covered. That can probably be taken care of in a few scenes.

I thought it implied he would be able to use magic eventually.
Yrd is offline  
post #3246 of 3324 Old 06-28-2016, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hernanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 3,734
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked: 1192
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
We don't know how many people she had to kill to get into the Twins or take care of the two sons. How many in the kitchen? How many in other parts of the castle? Why is she the only one there with Walder? For all we know, she killed a flock of Freys (or is it a murder of Freys?).

For the most part, I am talking about the glee she gets in the killing similar to last week and Sansa's enjoying of the mutilation and death of Ramsay. I understand that the show makes these characters almost one dimensional and evil but there should be something else there, morals?
I think there are morals in there, but can you not cut the lass a bit of slack?

The Freys sliced up Rob, his wife Oona, their future child, her mother, many of their soldiers, captains and even Rob's direwolf for goodness sake. And she witnessed it.

I'd think a little glee if not a happy jig or two would be in order if I could get a little back from those who did my family in under the covenant of protection of bread and water.

I'm surprised she skipped the fireworks and sky writing (well, for that she'd need a dragon, and those seem to be dear right now).
oneeyeblind likes this.
hernanu is offline  
post #3247 of 3324 Old 06-28-2016, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wco81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 6,380
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Eh the only thing I got out of the Sam scenes is that Gilly cleaned up nicely and back in these days of crude warfare and medieval attitudes, they built giant structures like that tower that looked as tall as modern skyscrapers, maybe taller. That's a lot of stairs to climb.

How would the Dothraki build that giant horse sculpture? That looked like it was metallic. Do they even have metallic weapons?
wco81 is offline  
post #3248 of 3324 Old 06-28-2016, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hernanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 3,734
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked: 1192
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Eh the only thing I got out of the Sam scenes is that Gilly cleaned up nicely and back in these days of crude warfare and medieval attitudes, they built giant structures like that tower that looked as tall as modern skyscrapers, maybe taller. That's a lot of stairs to climb.

How would the Dothraki build that giant horse sculpture? That looked like it was metallic. Do they even have metallic weapons?
Simple. Do it like the Mongols did (who I think they're patterned after).

Take a city, raze it to the ground if they resist, if not, take every learned person (artisan, engineer, poet, priest, teacher... ) and make them do stuff you don't know how to do for you - while they teach you how to do it.

Voila problem solved.
hernanu is offline  
post #3249 of 3324 Old 06-28-2016, 11:42 AM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 3,804
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Maybe they forced their slaves to do the big horse. Maybe it's ancient and they have devolved over time making that horse the focus of their culture.

For Arya who's to say the only body part in the pies was a hand or two. Not like she needed to hack an entire body for the effect.
When she was telling Frey where his kids were I didn't realize she was pointing to the pie. I was thinking, has he gone senile or maybe he's in some kind of 3 eyed raven matrix mind game. Then he opened the finger pie.
oneeyeblind likes this.
Yrd is offline  
post #3250 of 3324 Old 06-28-2016, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Defcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,419
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Liked: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Actually he went Mereen to Dorne and then got on the Dorne fleet that met up with Danny's crew. He didn't go back to Mereen to get on the ship, all of the Dorne fleet met up with the main group for the epic final shot.
There's no reason for the Martell fleet to make round trip to Mereen. Unless they didn't have enough ships for Dothraki to begin with, which I doubt. I didn't pick up the 2 banners some are talking about.
Defcon is offline  
post #3251 of 3324 Old 06-28-2016, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hernanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 3,734
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 663 Post(s)
Liked: 1192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
There's no reason for the Martell fleet to make round trip to Mereen. Unless they didn't have enough ships for Dothraki to begin with, which I doubt. I didn't pick up the 2 banners some are talking about.
It depends on where they are. I'd assume they are north of Dorne since Varis is on board.

The Tyrell ships could also be there, since I thought they took over some of the Baratheon land. Looks to me like they are not just leaving Mereen but heading to at least the general area of King's landing.

I'd assume they won't sail into King's landing since Tyrion already showed that wasn't the best idea.
hernanu is offline  
post #3252 of 3324 Old 06-28-2016, 02:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 4,562
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
Liked: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
Well Sam still had a smidge in the books not covered. That can probably be taken care of in a few scenes.

I thought it implied he would be able to use magic eventually.

Sam is going to turn into Harry Potter?...cool
TitusTroy is offline  
post #3253 of 3324 Old 06-29-2016, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChldsPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 1,535
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 730 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
There's no reason for the Martell fleet to make round trip to Mereen. Unless they didn't have enough ships for Dothraki to begin with, which I doubt. I didn't pick up the 2 banners some are talking about.
Tyrell ship(s):



Martell (Dorne) ships:


The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3)
Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4); Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4)
Subwoofers - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2) - Powered by Crown XLS 5000.
Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
ChldsPlay is offline  
post #3254 of 3324 Old 06-29-2016, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 4,562
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
Liked: 1156
I'm fairly certain GRRM will be releasing Book 6 (The Winds of Winter) before Season 7 begins...
TitusTroy is offline  
post #3255 of 3324 Old 06-29-2016, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Defcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,419
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Liked: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
I'm fairly certain GRRM will be releasing Book 6 (The Winds of Winter) before Season 7 begins...
It is Known ?
Defcon is offline  
post #3256 of 3324 Old 06-29-2016, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 13,519
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2005 Post(s)
Liked: 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
I'm fairly certain GRRM will be releasing Book 6 (The Winds of Winter) before Season 7 begins...
It is a very slim possibility .. approximately 1/7th of the book has been released thru GRRM blog posts over the years as well as him reading chapters to the public that were transcribed ..


Martin will only announce a release date if he has completely finished, and there has been no release date, he admitted in January he was not close to finished .. at that point, editing, which can take months, and printing come into play .. if April, 2017 is the premier of Season 6, he's got about 10 months to get it done and on the shelf ..


I'm not holding my breath ..
oneeyeblind likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #3257 of 3324 Old 06-29-2016, 03:52 PM
Senior Member
 
DarenG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I don't give a damn about the differences. I am enjoying the show just the same. Can't wait for the last two seasons. That finale was great!
oneeyeblind likes this.
DarenG is online now  
post #3258 of 3324 Old 06-29-2016, 04:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 4,562
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
Liked: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Martin will only announce a release date if he has completely finished, and there has been no release date, he admitted in January he was not close to finished .. at that point, editing, which can take months, and printing come into play .. if April, 2017 is the premier of Season 6, he's got about 10 months to get it done and on the shelf ..

I'm not holding my breath ..
I remember GRRM stating before Season 6 started that there was a way of fast-tracking the printing part...apparently his publishers anticipated him missing his deadlines and were ready to fast-track the book to shelves whenever he finished...this was all discussed in relation to him releasing Book 6 before Season 6 started but I'm sure the same applies to any future season...GRRM even released a blog about this a few months back
TitusTroy is offline  
post #3259 of 3324 Old 06-29-2016, 06:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TimV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Posts: 1,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet:

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/p...oy-infographic

Just some official confirmation of what many of us already suspected.

Tim Vickroy

"Besides, there's no reason we can't be civil, is there?"
TimV is offline  
post #3260 of 3324 Old 06-29-2016, 09:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 3,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1004 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV View Post
I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet:

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/p...oy-infographic

Just some official confirmation of what many of us already suspected.
Well, even though there was no reveal of the father, there is no way the Kingsguard are there if it isn't Rhaegar and most likely they aren't there if Jon isn't an official heir as opposed to a bastard.
acebreathe likes this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
daryl zero is online now  
post #3261 of 3324 Old 06-29-2016, 10:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Defcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,419
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)
Liked: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV View Post
I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet:

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/p...oy-infographic

Just some official confirmation of what many of us already suspected.
They couldn't have made that graphic harder to read if they tried. And if you're color blind, forget it. I think they could've done much better.
TitusTroy likes this.
Defcon is offline  
post #3262 of 3324 Old 06-30-2016, 06:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
c.kingsley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,932
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 365
I'm not holding my breath either, but it would be great if TWoW came out around Christmas or any time before season 7.

Let's go George!
c.kingsley is offline  
post #3263 of 3324 Old 07-01-2016, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
John dhein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 'Sconsin
Posts: 1,144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Well, even though there was no reveal of the father, there is no way the Kingsguard are there if it isn't Rhaegar and most likely they aren't there if Jon isn't an official heir as opposed to a bastard.
Wrong. They were there because Rheagar told them to be there. Why he did does not matter to them. There boss told them to stay there, and defend the the tower. They would not care if it was empty.
John dhein is offline  
post #3264 of 3324 Old 07-01-2016, 10:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 3,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1004 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
Wrong. They were there because Rheagar told them to be there. Why he did does not matter to them. There boss told them to stay there, and defend the the tower. They would not care if it was empty.
I don't agree. Plus Rhaegar wasn't even the King so I don't even know what control he had over them. Anyhow, logic is lacking in your comments. Do you think Rhaegar would tell them to guard an empty tower? There had to be a very good reason why he didn't bring them to the Trident.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
daryl zero is online now  
post #3265 of 3324 Old 07-01-2016, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
John dhein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 'Sconsin
Posts: 1,144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
I don't agree. Plus Rhaegar wasn't even the King so I don't even know what control he had over them. Anyhow, logic is lacking in your comments. Do you think Rhaegar would tell them to guard an empty tower? There had to be a very good reason why he didn't bring them to the Trident.
They did what he told them to do because their duty was to do whatever the Crown Prince told them to do. Logical? Yes.
Rhaegar told them to guard the Tower of Joy because that was where his heavily pregnant lover was stuck in a bed giving birth to his bastard son. Logical? Yes.
Until Ned and Howland and the rest arrived, they would have had no idea what was going on in The Trident, because dead Crown Princes do not send ravens. Logical? Yes!

What part of this seems to you to lack logic?
John dhein is offline  
post #3266 of 3324 Old 07-01-2016, 09:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 3,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1004 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
They did what he told them to do because their duty was to do whatever the Crown Prince told them to do. Logical? Yes.
Rhaegar told them to guard the Tower of Joy because that was where his heavily pregnant lover was stuck in a bed giving birth to his bastard son. Logical? Yes.
Until Ned and Howland and the rest arrived, they would have had no idea what was going on in The Trident, because dead Crown Princes do not send ravens. Logical? Yes!

What part of this seems to you to lack logic?
Almost everything.

They knew Rhaegar was dead and yet they stayed. Go back to the first flashback. They said had they been at the Trident, Robert would be dead.

Once Rhaegar was dead, why would they stay?

Why are you assuming his son is a bastard? Targaryens have a history of polygamy. Lyanna and Rhaegar may have married.
oneeyeblind likes this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
daryl zero is online now  
post #3267 of 3324 Old 07-02-2016, 07:12 AM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 3,804
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked: 433
He already had a wife.
Yrd is offline  
post #3268 of 3324 Old 07-02-2016, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 3,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1004 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
He already had a wife.
Polygamy means more than 1 wife.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/polygamy

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
daryl zero is online now  
post #3269 of 3324 Old 07-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 3,804
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked: 433
I know polygamy, but where is it ever said they had multiple wives. Every other place in this world frowns on it.
Yrd is offline  
post #3270 of 3324 Old 07-02-2016, 08:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 3,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1004 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
I know polygamy, but where is it ever said they had multiple wives. Every other place in this world frowns on it.
The Targaryens practiced several things that were frowned on in Westeros. Probably because they came from Essos.

The main one I knew of not just polygamy but incest. King Aegon I Targaryen took to wife both his sisters, Visenya and Rhaenys.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Polygamy

Here is also a forum discussion on this same issue I found after googling Targaryen polygamy.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...ryen-polygamy/

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
daryl zero is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off