'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD *** WARNING - Spoilers allowed *** - Page 112 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 481Likes

post #3331 of 3332 Old 08-25-2017, 06:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Come on fat old man! Get cracking!

We need more fantasy stories!
Old Fat Man replies, " I'll get into it in my good time and if it runs out before I end, You can fill in the blanks dear spoiled reader. I am enjoying my spoils and hold no debt to those who think I owe them more than I've given to this point"

Gotta say, I agree with GRRM's attitude in this instance, The entertainment world made him rich beyond belief for a story he'd yet to finish. Is it his fault there's no end to his story on our schedule? No, it's not.

Did the new found fame and wealth slow him down? You bet, as it would anybody. Hey, while you're in this mode, can you stop by and talk for 2 years about how great you are? We'll pay tons of money for you to stop writing and travel all over to tell your story and give us hints of what's to come (He never does) so what do you think - can we pay you to stroke your ego for a while? I promise, it's just this one time (BS) and you can go back home and write (Mega BS)

The damn TV show will likely fit most people's desires for story. Mr. Martin's take will be an afterthought in a sense, but there is always another film company waiting in the wings to solve the problem when money is on the table.

My Take on the situation

Last edited by thedeskE; 08-26-2017 at 02:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3332 of 3332 Old 08-26-2017, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1023 Post(s)
Liked: 1009
Great recap:

Tack likes this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page