'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD *** WARNING - Spoilers allowed *** - Page 64 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1891 of 2267 Old 05-12-2014, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

I'm not going to spend time typing crap as I'm watching. I want to be engrossed in the show.

Wow, that last scene was just amazing. I think it played much better than the book. This episode was the best of the season, for me.

I watch well after - normally the next day, soo wink.gif

Agree - PD put on the ugly face with bravado. Very well done.
His character is supposed to be ugly, but on TV it's much different and
I think we all love the performance and the actor.

They kept Shae in a very different mode for effect and it worked to feed the scene.
It should be interesting to see how they handle the escape, murders, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 2267 Old 05-13-2014, 11:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post

Agree - PD put on the ugly face with bravado. Very well done.
His character is supposed to be ugly, but on TV it's much different and
I think we all love the performance and the actor.

Well, I'd guess Dinklage flat out refused to have his nose cut off for the part .. method acting can only be taken so far .. wink.gif

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1893 of 2267 Old 05-13-2014, 11:25 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 207
They could have made the makeup a little more extreme. He has the tiniest of scars.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #1894 of 2267 Old 05-13-2014, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Well... it's not tiny, just didn't carve up his nose.

post #1895 of 2267 Old 05-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 186
I hate to be that guy. But I'm really finding this season to be lacking. This feels like such a transition season. I think the last few epsdiodes will be great but so far this is for me the worst season of the show so fair.

ShaunH
post #1896 of 2267 Old 05-13-2014, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeyeblind View Post

I hate to be that guy. But I'm really finding this season to be lacking. This feels like such a transition season. I think the last few epsdiodes will be great but so far this is for me the worst season of the show so fair.

Oh no.. it's that guy eek.gifsmile.gif

Another guy
another....................

There is such flux with all of the characters right now, only Jon is where he "belongs". Sansa is on the move, Tyrion is out of power for the first time, Arya and the Hound are definitely on the move, Daenerys is NOT moving, Bran and Hodor are progressing, but slowly. The only constant are Reek and his buddy and I'm not caring greatly about them.

We know huge things are coming up, but right now to me the setup is actually been pretty good. The wedding and the trial were both better than the books, I've truly enjoyed the byplay with Arya and the Hound, even Sansa is beginning to learn some survival skills. I love the wits being matched between Varys and Littlefinger.

So - for me, it actually has been a slower beginning but excellent in that the characters are being allowed to grow a bit before the swordplay. I thought Dinklage was great in this episode and Rory McCann (the Hound) is stealing scenes from a scene stealer (Arya).

The swordplay, drama and rest will come. The Reek scenes (just like in the books for me) are weaker, but hey... I'll take it.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #1897 of 2267 Old 05-13-2014, 02:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

There are no bad GOT episodes .. some are just simply better than others ... tongue.gif

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1898 of 2267 Old 05-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post

Oh no.. it's that guy eek.gifsmile.gif

Another guy

There is such flux with all of the characters right now, only Jon is where he "belongs". Sansa is on the move, Tyrion is out of power for the first time, Arya and the Hound are definitely on the move, Daenerys is NOT moving, Bran and Hodor are progressing, but slowly. The only constant are Reek and his buddy and I'm not caring greatly about them.

We know huge things are coming up, but right now to me the setup is actually been pretty good. The wedding and the trial were both better than the books, I've truly enjoyed the byplay with Arya and the Hound, even Sansa is beginning to learn some survival skills. I love the wits being matched between Varys and Littlefinger.

So - for me, it actually has been a slower beginning but excellent in that the characters are being allowed to grow a bit before the swordplay. I thought Dinklage was great in this episode and Rory McCann (the Hound) is stealing scenes from a scene stealer (Arya).

The swordplay, drama and rest will come. The Reek scenes (just like in the books for me) are weaker, but hey... I'll take it.

I agree, you pointed out what I was thinking. This season has been way to much setup and transition and not enough important issues be setup. I feel like we are all holding our breath for the end of the season...

ShaunH
post #1899 of 2267 Old 05-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Tyrion's meltdown on the stand was probably the best scene of the entire series. I'm happy with this season.
gwsat likes this.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #1900 of 2267 Old 05-13-2014, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 427
When it comes to Tyrion and drama, the best is yet to come!
post #1901 of 2267 Old 05-14-2014, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Tyrion is the only good bad guy.
post #1902 of 2267 Old 05-14-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Tyrion's meltdown on the stand was probably the best scene of the entire series. I'm happy with this season.

Dinklage showed a lot of emotion, in fact, you could cut it with a knife ..

Looking forward to seeing him in X‑Men: Days of Future Past

Uncle Willie

post #1903 of 2267 Old 05-14-2014, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpillar View Post

Tyrion is the only good bad guy.
I've never thought of him as a bad guy. At heart, he's a fundamentally decent man who's had to endure cruelty and injustice from his own family. He also has to put up with cruelties for being a dwarf. All he's ever wanted is to be loved, respected, and accepted for who he is. I feel considerable empathy towards him.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #1904 of 2267 Old 05-14-2014, 11:42 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

I agree, I would actually consider him a good guy.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #1905 of 2267 Old 05-14-2014, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 80
I wonder how they are going to handle Jamies lie to Tyrion. Without the internal dialog, it will be difficult to present.
post #1906 of 2267 Old 05-18-2014, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 68
And On

We Go

To Spoil

And (No ryme - darn)

Where was I - Oh Yeah

Typing This Shite

For ??????

Tyrion-Oberyn scene - Fantastic!! Not that "Your Sister" wasn't darn good, but that was kinda easy to see coming, no?
post #1907 of 2267 Old 05-23-2014, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Looks like Prince Doran and the sand snakes are on their way! Some casting news...

Meet The New Characters Who Will Join Game Of Thrones In Season 5
post #1908 of 2267 Old 05-23-2014, 12:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

Looks like Prince Doran and the sand snakes are on their way! Some casting news...

Meet The New Characters Who Will Join Game Of Thrones In Season 5

Nice catch ..

It's still chapping my ass that on the other thread, the so called "speculation" seems to still hit spot on book .. and if had been me posting it, I would have been roasted ..
Wytchone likes this.

Uncle Willie

post #1909 of 2267 Old 05-23-2014, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Willie,

None of the book readers over there (and there are some, if you ask me) will admit to it unless caught red handed. The "spear" stuff, and for that matter knowing Oberyn was going to be Tyrions' champion, And HOW"D THEY KNOW ABOUT THE FREAKING MOUNTAIN? But if they think they can fool some folks.......
Wytchone and mgkdragn like this.
post #1910 of 2267 Old 05-23-2014, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Nice catch ..

It's still chapping my ass that on the other thread, the so called "speculation" seems to still hit spot on book .. and if had been me posting it, I would have been roasted ..
I was thinking the same thing.
Wytchone and mgkdragn like this.
post #1911 of 2267 Old 05-23-2014, 02:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Willie,

None of the book readers over there (and there are some, if you ask me) will admit to it unless caught red handed. The "spear" stuff, and for that matter knowing Oberyn was going to be Tyrions' champion, And HOW"D THEY KNOW ABOUT THE FREAKING MOUNTAIN? But if they think they can fool some folks.......

John, I know there will be no admissions, and the rules Panther posted a while back are, I guess fair enough .. but if I recall correctly, one of the rules was "Don't admit you're a book reader so your posts will be considered pure speculation" .. so in a nutshell, to me anyway, the big bru ha ha on "We demand a clean thread and violators will be executed" does not mean much of nothing .. the "speculators" continue to feed the "virgin watchers" .. which I myself never, ever did ..

What spikes me is my only "crime" was spotting the missing jewel in Sansas necklace, using ONLY aired info to do it and posted a day or two after the episode aired .. yet I was nailed to the spoiler whipping post .. OK, OK .. rant over .. smile.gif

Has anyone read GRRM "Fevre Dream" .. ??

Uncle Willie

post #1912 of 2267 Old 05-23-2014, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

John, I know there will be no admissions, and the rules Panther posted a while back are, I guess fair enough .. but if I recall correctly, one of the rules was "Don't admit you're a book reader so your posts will be considered pure speculation" .. so in a nutshell, to me anyway, the big bru ha ha on "We demand a clean thread and violators will be executed" does not mean much of nothing .. the "speculators" continue to feed the "virgin watchers" .. which I myself never, ever did ..

What spikes me is my only "crime" was spotting the missing jewel in Sansas necklace, using ONLY aired info to do it and posted a day or two after the episode aired .. yet I was nailed to the spoiler whipping post .. OK, OK .. rant over .. smile.gif

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Whipping post.... wasn't that in one of the books!?!? rolleyes.gif

Agree completely, and also agree that some 'speculation' is dead on.

Why I (mostly) post here now.
post #1913 of 2267 Old 05-23-2014, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
WINTER

IS

COMING.

Yep, they have some good speculation over there. But so far no one has speculated that Oberyn (a.k.a. The Viper) will be using poison on his spear, and that both men will die. But they still have 9 days to further speculate.

-- David
post #1914 of 2267 Old 05-23-2014, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Let's see

about this

And that

and the

Other thing.

If they started talking about Tyrion getting really, REALLY pissed at Tywin, it'll get very fishy.
post #1915 of 2267 Old 05-23-2014, 07:23 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have to disagree with you on this.

You have foreknowledge of what is happening. The fact that they changed the jewelry doesn't matter at all. I don't think a single person would have even suspected it without being pointed in the direction of the necklace. Leaving them to speculate on other characters.

It's like watching the Sixth Sense for just an hour with people that have not seen it, and don't know the twist ending. You can tell them now, before it ends, and it all makes sense because you can see it clearly with that foreknowledge.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #1916 of 2267 Old 05-23-2014, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 205
Quote:

A lot of his earlier stuff is very good. My favorite is "The Armageddon Rag," which is energetic and edgy and youthful in a way I've missed in his later, more mature work. (I was a fan of Martin's since "Sandkings," and read "Game of Thrones" when it came out just because it was the new book by a favorite author).

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #1917 of 2267 Old 05-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Now the other thread has people making fun of others for watching previews. Apparently if you watch previews, you're a novice TV watcher. I guess I need to practice watching more TV to get on the pro TV watcher level.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #1918 of 2267 Old 05-24-2014, 10:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I have to disagree with you on this.

You have foreknowledge of what is happening. The fact that they changed the jewelry doesn't matter at all. I don't think a single person would have even suspected it without being pointed in the direction of the necklace. Leaving them to speculate on other characters.

It's like watching the Sixth Sense for just an hour with people that have not seen it, and don't know the twist ending. You can tell them now, before it ends, and it all makes sense because you can see it clearly with that foreknowledge.

Yeah, you posted your viewpoint previously, and I read it .. but, if you want to beat that dead horse a bit more, I'll bite ..

The point is, various "Easter Eggs" are placed in various shows .. discovering those, in and of itself, is not an exclusive club .. in fact, within 48 hours of the airing of that particular episode, the same info was all over the Web ..

Like I said, my info was clearly available to see and was not discussed on the other thread until at least the day after the show first aired, thus, it does not fall into any possible area of spoiler .. and thus, held with the spirit of the other thread .. whether or not I had any sort of previous knowledge of anything is irrelevant since the info was posted AFTER the episode aired .. Capiche .. ??

Uncle Willie

post #1919 of 2267 Old 05-24-2014, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 131
You know, the bigger issue is how quickly people get angry, using any pretense to vent their spleen...IMO you were unjustly accused and the insults were uncalled for. Its human nature to respond to personal attacks, so I understand your reaction mgkdragn...but that only led you deeper into the swamp. really, there is nothing you can do about it but ignore it, which is why I seldom go to that thread anymore.

The funny thing is there are those there who have "speculated" about plot points and have been uncanny in how they get it right down to the smallest detail. At least one has been doing it for several seasons while denying any book knowledge, and getting away with it. At first I thought that was a shame. After the attacks on you and others, I think its funny, and that those in that thread are getting what they deserve.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #1920 of 2267 Old 05-24-2014, 11:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

You know, the bigger issue is how quickly people get angry, using any pretense to vent their spleen...IMO you were unjustly accused and the insults were uncalled for. Its human nature to respond to personal attacks, so I understand your reaction mgkdragn...but that only led you deeper into the swamp. really, there is nothing you can do about it but ignore it, which is why I seldom go to that thread anymore.

The funny thing is there are those there who have "speculated" about plot points and have been uncanny in how they get it right down to the smallest detail. At least one has been doing it for several seasons while denying any book knowledge, and getting away with it. At first I thought that was a shame. After the attacks on you and others, I think its funny, and that those in that thread are getting what they deserve.

I've said it before .. my only "crime" was having admitted (honestly) to being a book reader .. yet, no matter how well I kept away from any speculation, and really limited my comments to the past events in the show that had already clearly aired, it did not matter .. even when the mod on the thread agreed with me .. I still visit the thread, and I would like to participate more in the discussion, but, Winter Came and I got pretty cold when the wind blew through ..

It's old news, and I'm over it, it's just when I do take a look "over there" it still sometimes raises my blood pressure ..

Uncle Willie

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page