'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD *** WARNING - Spoilers allowed *** - Page 67 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1981 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

For some reason, I felt like the line was setting up what's coming on the finale .. since next episode apparently takes place fully at the Wall ..

My prediction on the last two episodes .. ?? Tywin / Shae / Ygritte leave us ...

Final Scene / Finale Tyrion begins his journey .. which if I remember correctly, was the last section on Tyrion in "A Storm of Swords"
I've been hoping all season that they get to the Tywin/Shae stuff with Tyrion. As I recall, Book 3 ends with the appearance of Lady Stoneheart. I wonder if they'll have time for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
My guess is that they'll show Stoneheart as the last scene.
post #1983 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:

For some reason, I felt like the line was setting up what's coming on the finale

that's my take...if they wait until next year to show it, the inside meaning of the line will be lost. the line definitely was a setup for book fans or there was no need to specifically mention chamberpot. I predict we'll see Tyrion's escape as part of the finale and next year's opener starts his journey. it kind of makes a logical breakpoint & cliffhanger finale. but we'll see soon.

my wife was surprised at the red wedding, not so much for Joffrey's demise. but I'm willing to bet Tywin/Shae/Lady Stonehart will really catch her off-guard wink.gif

Steve
post #1984 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 188
I think Stoneheart is less surprising because they didn't show the corpse laying mangled on the riverbed.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #1985 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Spoiler space :-|
post #1986 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:

For some reason, I felt like the line was setting up what's coming on the finale .. since next episode apparently takes place fully at the Wall ..

My prediction on the last two episodes .. ?? Tywin / Shae / Ygritte leave us ...

Final Scene / Finale Tyrion begins his journey .. which if I remember correctly, was the last section on Tyrion in "A Storm of Swords"

Space

The

Final

Spoiler

Saver

I don't think Baelish's line was spoilery. Tywin is on the privy IIRC. I presume that, aging in medieval times was dangerous without the medical knowledge/treatment and diets we have and one could easily stroke or bleed out in the act of pooping.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1987 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 11:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

Space

The

Final

Spoiler

Saver

I don't think Baelish's line was spoilery. Tywin is on the privy IIRC. I presume that, aging in medieval times was dangerous without the medical knowledge/treatment and diets we have and one could easily stroke or bleed out in the act of pooping.

I don't think I'd call it spoilery either .. but I would strongly suspect it was a slyly inserted bit to tweak the book readers just a tad .. all I can say is, it stood out to me and I could not help but slightly smile when he said it ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1988 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 12:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Space

in

case

anybody

thinks what follows

is a spoiler

As was the case with Tyrion after his grievous injury following the Blackwater, I suspect that the Game of Thrones version of Lady Stoneheart will have her looking far better than GRR's version does. Considering what can be done with CGI these days, though, Lady Stoneheart may look pretty bad at that.
post #1989 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Space

in

case

anybody

thinks what follows

is a spoiler

As was the case with Tyrion after his grievous injury following the Blackwater, I suspect that the Game of Thrones version of Lady Stoneheart will have her looking far better than GRR's version does. Considering what can be done with CGI these days, though, Lady Stoneheart may look pretty bad at that.
No reason why she can't look at least as bad as the White Walkers. smile.gif
post #1990 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

I don't expect much. Heavy use of a scarf, done. No need to waste money on CGI.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #1991 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Space

in

case

anybody

thinks what follows

is a spoiler

The complete loss of a nose in order to further whatever method acting Dinklage might be into was just too much a price to pay .. wink.gif

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1992 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:

The complete loss of a nose in order to further whatever method acting Dinklage might be into was just too much a price to pay .. wink.gif
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I think L.S. will just be a makeup job. Look at the zombies on TWD... She'll look great.
post #1993 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
ooooooooooooooo
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

And we see the return of my favorite Red Priestess Melisandre. Can't help it, I've fallen for disastrously evil witches since Maleficent.
post #1994 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
To change the subject a little, I've been a little surprised to find myself growing fond of Tywin in the show, much more than in the books. I give a lot of credit to the actor playing him for finding a basic humanity in a character that could easily have been portrayed as a monster. He's ruthless, and doesn't suffer fools gladly, but does seem to have a moral code of some sorts. He does in the books too of course, but in them what he does overshadows what he is. Somehow in the series he's much more sympathetic. Not that he's a good person-there is no excuse for the way he's treated Tyrion...but he isn't pure evil as much as someone willing to do whatever he thinks he has to do for family and the kingdom. I guess what I'm trying to say is I have mixed feelings about what's going to happen to him, even though he surely deserves it.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #1995 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

I disagree about Tywin. He's such an unfeeling *sshole, that I'll feel no regrets about his death, especially after Tyrion discovers the truth about the wife he had earlier.
post #1996 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post

I disagree about Tywin. He's such an unfeeling *sshole, that I'll feel no regrets about his death, especially after Tyrion discovers the truth about the wife he had earlier.

I did say he deserves it. And that his treatment of his son is unforgivable. I guess my only point is he is more "human" on the show than in the books.

post #1997 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

I did say he deserves it. And that his treatment of his son is unforgivable. I guess my only point is he is more "human" on the show than in the books.
Kudos go to Charles Dance for that. smile.gif
post #1998 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

^^
was channel surfing recently and caught Alien 3 at the scene where bald Sigourney is getting medically checked out by the prison doc & there was a clean shaven familiar face. unfortunately, Dance's part didn't last long wink.gif

from Alien food to hard-ass Tywin - that's moving up in the world. unfortunately, his latest part will also be coming to an end soon wink.gif

I agree that Charles Dance has done an excellent job portraying Tywin, showing his calculating ruthlessness, strategic thinking but also the moral complexities of the character. someone who will kill anyone standing in the way of the family's power & wish one son dead but rejects that his daughter & son could be guilty of incest because it's morally repugnant.

he definitely deserves his fate but IMO Cersei is the one character most corrupted by power, hate & jealousies. she's been the most morally bankrupt character in the story. IMO over Joffrey's cruelty & Baelish's scheming.

Steve
post #1999 of 2267 Old 06-04-2014, 09:34 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

I think Baelish is the most evil of them. He made sure Lysa knew he only loved Cat before he tossed her from the door. It had a more potent effect on me from the show, than the book. That's particularly wicked thing to do to someone.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #2000 of 2267 Old 06-05-2014, 09:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

I think Baelish is the most evil of them. He made sure Lysa knew he only loved Cat before he tossed her from the door. It had a more potent effect on me from the show, than the book. That's particularly wicked thing to do to someone.

I don't know .. myself, I'd put Ramsay Snow / Bolton at the top of the list ... "Flaying fell out of favor for a while" ..

Uncle Willie

post #2001 of 2267 Old 06-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Charles Dance was fantastic in that utter turd Last Action Hero. Great, great bad guy.

SPOILERY SPACE
YOU DON'T KNOW ME!
YOU CAN't JUDGE ME!!!!

Anyway, lots of talk about Jaime going to Dorne next season taking the place of the random Kingsguard in the books. If so, great idea. Have him and Trant go down and have Trant be the one who dies in the attack on Myrcella.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #2002 of 2267 Old 06-05-2014, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

^^

he definitely deserves his fate but IMO Cersei is the one character most corrupted by power, hate & jealousies. she's been the most morally bankrupt character in the story. IMO over Joffrey's cruelty & Baelish's scheming.
Not only is she morally bankrupt, but she's also petty, with no sense of responsibility to her family. She will also prove to be a clueless idiot when it comes to governing.
post #2003 of 2267 Old 06-05-2014, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

She will also prove to be a clueless idiot when it comes to governing.

true that. she makes some horrible decisions & manages to alienate just about everyone who could possibly help. she becomes her own worst enemy. even Jaime gives up on her. in the show, there are already signs he's turning away from her, trying to find his honor.

thinking about Cersei, I'm reminded of a line in an old Jefferson Airplane song "We Can Be Together" -

"In order to survive we steal cheat lie forge "fred" (=f*ck) hide and deal" wink.gif

looks like we have a 3 way tie for Most Evil:

Cersei-Baelish-Ramsey

any more nominees? wink.gif

Steve
post #2004 of 2267 Old 06-05-2014, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

LF is so relentlessly evil that I almost expect a twist coming in the future. Agree the Boltens are unredeemable.

How about Varys? His motivations are a mystery, although he claims he serves the kingdom's best interest. Hardest to figure of all the main characters for me.

post #2005 of 2267 Old 06-05-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Quote:

I don't know .. myself, I'd put Ramsay Snow / Bolton at the top of the list ... "Flaying fell out of favor for a while" ..

I agree. Littlefinger is ruthless, self-serving, and perhaps the most devious man in Westeros, save only Varys, but he only kills to further his plans, not for pleasure. In stark contrast, Ramsay is a sadistic psychopath who maims and kills because he likes it. Ramsay is a creepy fellow indeed!
post #2006 of 2267 Old 06-05-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Not only is she morally bankrupt, but she's also petty, with no sense of responsibility to her family. She will also prove to be a clueless idiot when it comes to governing.

What can be expected from a crazy person .. ?? wink.gif

Uncle Willie

post #2007 of 2267 Old 06-05-2014, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

LF is so relentlessly evil that I almost expect a twist coming in the future. Agree the Boltens are unredeemable.

How about Varys? His motivations are a mystery, although he claims he serves the kingdom's best interest. Hardest to figure of all the main characters for me.

he claims he does "what's best for the realm". he told Ned Stark that back in s1. his helping Tyrion escape, keeping tabs on Dany, leading Tyrion to find Dany...all for "the realm". I don't think he's evil but a masterful schemer/politician.

LF is all about LF. what's good for him moving up the ladder. a touch of megalomania because I think he's thinking if he can get everyone in war & kill each other off, he can step in as lord of the Vail & be king. at least, all his sayings about playing the game of thrones, working to undermine Jon Arryan, Stark, and even the Lannisters suggest that. I haven't decided if his helping Sansa is genuine, part of his game strategy or both smile.gif

yeah, he's a contender for most morally bankrupt wink.gif

he & Cersei deserve each other, the difference is Cersei will F everyone to get what she wants & LF will F-over everyone to get what he wants eek.gif plus LF is orders of magnitude smarter than Cersei.

Steve
post #2008 of 2267 Old 06-05-2014, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ramsay is a creepy fellow indeed!

he'd probably enjoy playing Saw wink.gif

Steve
post #2009 of 2267 Old 06-05-2014, 11:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

The real Varys was revealed when we discovered his years long, relentless pursuit and capture of the Sorcerer shipped back in a box ..

He tells Tyrion during the "unpacking" that Tyrion needs to be patient, and revenge will come eventually ..

Uncle Willie

post #2010 of 2267 Old 06-05-2014, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Just for fun, this is how I feel about characters coming off better/worse in the show as opposed to the books. I think most of the differences are caused by having a living breathing person playing the role as opposed to the printed word forming my impression. I don't claim that this is anything more than my opinion.

Cersei-worse
Joffrey-better
Hound -better, although I liked him a lot in the books too
Tywin-better

Most of the others are about the same, I think. Anyone else finding they like/dislike a character more in the show than in the books?

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page