'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD *** WARNING - Spoilers allowed *** - Page 70 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2071 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 08:42 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 159
TV watching is serious business.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

I don't even know why, but I loved that!smile.gif

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #2073 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:

As General Ripper would say, TV watching is too important to be left to politicians.
post #2074 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycruiser View Post

You could always do it here. Rather than padding posts here to help avoid the spoilernazis from the other thread getting spoiled, you can post fake spoilers here as the first sentence of your post, which can be seen from the index,

For example from the above: "I can't wait to see the reaction when Ned comes back this week" could be the post. And then see if anyone comments on it on the other thread.

tongue.gif

You mean Ned ISIN'T DEAD?!!! Oh my, that is a shocker! wink.gif
post #2075 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

I haven't been here for awhile but what happened over in the other thread? It's obvious from the discussions here but was there some nasty finger pointing? I've read the books and have posted in both threads but have been very careful not to post anything OVER THERE that could be construed as a spoiler. I've mentioned that I've read the books but only as far as to say I think it's nice having read the books and then follow the posts there to see who is and who isn't close to what is happening in the book story. Now, I'm not so sure about visiting and posting there anymore. Don't want to be tarred and feathered just because I'm known to have read the books.

The "Spoiler Nazies" have lost their minds... "Burn the books and those who have dared read them in the pyre!". ...It is all too juvanile.
post #2076 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

"They really should banish anybody that knows how to read from that thread just to be safe.".

Yes, that is where this line of thinking ends up: "Burn the witch (book reader) because their 'spoiler' turned me into a NEWT!" (For all you Holy Grail fans out there)
post #2077 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member

Oh my goodness, you should be flayed alive for the massive "spoiler" you have posted which clearly presents how Martin deals with nearly all of the main characters that his readers become attached to and view as beloved in the books... "Oh you like and care about them do you?" Chunka, chunka, chunka... "They are beetles to be CRUSHED!". Chunka, chunka
post #2078 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Alright book readers, get over yourselves. I haven't read the books but frequent both threads. You guys have been treated unfairly by the spoiler nazis but "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". If you keep going over there, knowing the hostile landscape, and getting slapped, then that's your fault and can't complain. Unfortunately, there's nothing anyone can really do about the "closet" readers who post remarkably prescient guesses. And this "post nonsense spoilers" so they show up in the preview lines of the summary lists is rather petulant.

I know Oink stirred the pot by his burn all the book readers post, but now this thread is just full of bellyaching about the other thread.
post #2079 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

A lot of it is just having some fun...its not to be taken too seriously. But yeah, the horse is dead. There's no reason to keep beating it. (possible spoiler about Belmont cleverly hid in this post. biggrin.gif )

post #2080 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 220
.....but everyone knows the Belmont was fixed wink.gif
post #2081 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Loved the battle scenes in tonight's episode. There was an epic feel to it that was missing from the episode with the battle of Blackwater.
post #2082 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Left lots to do for the finale. Storylines to resolve: Arya and the Hound, Bran and company, Tyrion and Tywin and Shae, the Wall, Brienne and Lady Stoneheart. Plus we might see where Dani and Sansa are headed.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #2083 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Did they just change it up?

I forget. Did Jon do this asinine maneuver in the books?

Been a while, but I thought Stannis had sailed up the coast and aided them to victory, when all appeared lost.
post #2084 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post

Loved the battle scenes in tonight's episode. There was an epic feel to it that was missing from the episode with the battle of Blackwater.

The continuous pan around the battle in the castle was amazing.
post #2085 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 09:17 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCrow View Post

Did they just change it up?

I forget. Did Jon do this asinine maneuver in the books?

Been a while, but I thought Stannis had sailed up the coast and aided them to victory, when all appeared lost.

This was only the first day. They were at the fight for a long time, and the description can give you a tipoff that Stanis will show up next week.

There is definitely a lot to wrap up. The title tells of Bran, the description tells of Stannis. The preview showed Arya. Are we even going to see Tyrion next week?

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #2086 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:

This was only the first day. They were at the fight for a long time, and the description can give you a tipoff that Stanis will show up next week.

There is definitely a lot to wrap up. The title tells of Bran, the description tells of Stannis. The preview showed Arya. Are we even going to see Tyrion next week?

We will see Tyrion next week. The previews were very clear on that and Tywin.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #2087 of 2221 Old 06-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks.

Yeah, your right... too soon for that bit. With this episode being all wall, had hoped they would get it all in. Sure wish they had a longer season, or 1.5 hr episodes!
post #2088 of 2221 Old 06-09-2014, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
What an awesome episode. LOVED the giant scythe on used for wall clearing and loved the scene with the giant archer.
post #2089 of 2221 Old 06-09-2014, 06:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 814
GRRM is a very cool dude:

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #2090 of 2221 Old 06-09-2014, 07:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 523
It's going to be very, very tough to wrap this season up this coming Sunday .. where it goes is anyones guess at this point but I expect we'll have probably more than one cliffhanger ..

I can't believe we've got one episode left .. this season just flew by ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #2091 of 2221 Old 06-09-2014, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

It's going to be very, very tough to wrap this season up this coming Sunday .. where it goes is anyones guess at this point but I expect we'll have probably more than one cliffhanger ..

I can't believe we've got one episode left .. this season just flew by ..
Well, the preview shows someone approaching a door with a crossbow, which does imply the T-T confrontation.
post #2092 of 2221 Old 06-09-2014, 07:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post

Well, the preview does show someone approaching a door with a crossbow, which does imply the T-T confrontation.

I don't watch the teaser .. it's a spoiler .. wink.gif

I've been waiting all season for the non-gold poop to hit the chamberpot .. I kinda figured it would be held till the end ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #2093 of 2221 Old 06-09-2014, 08:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

post #2094 of 2221 Old 06-09-2014, 08:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

post #2095 of 2221 Old 06-09-2014, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

GRRM is a very cool dude:

I'm confused. oink wants all book readers banished from the other thread and yet he posts in the spoiler thread? Either he's pulling an elaborate prank, or he's offering an olive branch...anyways, agree with all the praise, this was one of the greatest hours I've ever seen on a screen. The perfect mesh of the best aspects of a tv show and a movie. It combined the intimacy of the small screen with the epic spectacle of film, I was in awe from the get go.

And how the heck are they going to get in everything next week? Its gonna be one game changer after another, but with this show's track record I'm sure they can handle it. I don't regret reading the books, but I envy those who are going to be experiencing the events for the first time. I predict it surpasses the red wedding in shock value.

Neil, I didn't think it was possible, but I think you even surpassed The Descent with this episode. Maybe the best battle ever put on film.

post #2096 of 2221 Old 06-09-2014, 09:25 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycruiser View Post

I will disappointed if they don't end the season with Lady Stoneheart.

They should take a page out of the Marvel playbook & make Lady Stoneheart a post-credits scene. Make everybody think they're not doing it & then surprise them with it after the credits.

After watching the "Previously on..." montage (& knowing that the episode was going to be wall to wall Wall), I thought it would've been funny if they made the shortest credit sequence ever, just zoomed into The Wall since that's the only location we'd be seeing this week & cut immediately to the title.
post #2097 of 2221 Old 06-09-2014, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I am not sure I agree with the decision to keep 100% of last night's episode at the wall. Even Helm's Deep cut away from time to time, and there were a lot of scenes of unknown guys dying or stunt men fighting each other.

Due to that decision, next week, I fear, is going to feel like a very quick around-the-horn catch up with everyone -- a lot of breadth without a lot of depth:

- Jon, Mance, Stannis, Sam, Gilly (possibly revealing Janos as coward?), maybe all the way up through a very simplified Choosing

- King's Landing -- Cersei, Tyrion, Tywin, Jaime, Shae, fight aftermath stuff with Ellaria and maybe the Mountain and Qyburn; plus maybe Tommen, Varys, Margaery, Loras.

- Arya and the Hound, all the way up to her departure?

- Bran and co. and the Weirwood and the CotF

- Dany and her children-eating dragons

- Whether we see LS or not (I guess yes), at least a check-in with Pod and Brienne; reintroduction of the BwB, dead Freys

- Establishing Theon, Roose & Co. at Winterfell; maybe fake Arya is introduced

- Maybe something with Yara? Maybe Balon will finally fall?

IMO the only major characters who really feel "done" for the season are Jorah and LF/Sansa, and I think we still might get a quick scene with the Vale group descending to the valley.

Even at their usual pace, it's an awful lot for one episode.
post #2098 of 2221 Old 06-09-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Some unconfirmed casting and location info for next season ..

We're likely to be getting into much more of Dorne, which makes sense .. HBO is said to be slated to film in Spain on this round ..

Characters that are rumored to be in casting now are : Prince Doran Martell, Prince Trystane Martell, The Sand Snakes, High Sparrow, Septa Unella, The Waif ..

post #2099 of 2221 Old 06-09-2014, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitearrow View Post

I am not sure I agree with the decision to keep 100% of last night's episode at the wall. Even Helm's Deep cut away from time to time, and there were a lot of scenes of unknown guys dying or stunt men fighting each other.

Due to that decision, next week, I fear, is going to feel like a very quick around-the-horn catch up with everyone -- a lot of breadth without a lot of depth:

- Jon, Mance, Stannis, Sam, Gilly (possibly revealing Janos as coward?), maybe all the way up through a very simplified Choosing

- King's Landing -- Cersei, Tyrion, Tywin, Jaime, Shae, fight aftermath stuff with Ellaria and maybe the Mountain and Qyburn; plus maybe Tommen, Varys, Margaery, Loras.

- Arya and the Hound, all the way up to her departure?

- Bran and co. and the Weirwood and the CotF

- Dany and her children-eating dragons

- Whether we see LS or not (I guess yes), at least a check-in with Pod and Brienne; reintroduction of the BwB, dead Freys

- Establishing Theon, Roose & Co. at Winterfell; maybe fake Arya is introduced

- Maybe something with Yara? Maybe Balon will finally fall?

IMO the only major characters who really feel "done" for the season are Jorah and LF/Sansa, and I think we still might get a quick scene with the Vale group descending to the valley.

Even at their usual pace, it's an awful lot for one episode.

I agree - before the season started I wasn't sure how they could have prevented Arya's storyline from progressing to Book 4, and now with one episode left I'm not sure how they can get her on a ship to Braavos without it seeming rushed!
post #2100 of 2221 Old 06-09-2014, 11:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromkamp View Post

I agree - before the season started I wasn't sure how they could have prevented Arya's storyline from progressing to Book 4, and now with one episode left I'm not sure how they can get her on a ship to Braavos without it seeming rushed!

I was hoping not only Arya, but Tyrion as well would begin their journeys .. I'm doubtful we'll get both, but hopeful we'll get at least one .. wink.gif

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page