'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD *** WARNING - Spoilers allowed *** - Page 75 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #2221 of 2235 Unread 06-28-2014, 09:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 579
"Dangerous Women" an anthology co-edited by GRRM now has a companion additional Targaryen novelette (prequel) as part of the "Rogues" anthology co-edited by GRRM ... came out on June 17th .. besides the GRRM stories, both of these books are a pretty good read with a good selection of authors .. the GOT material is written a bit differently than what we are used to in Fire & Ice .. presented as the writing of an Archmaester ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2222 of 2235 Unread 07-28-2014, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Whitearrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Major casting information for season 5.
Whitearrow is offline  
post #2223 of 2235 Unread 07-28-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitearrow View Post


High Sparrow .. now that's a tip off on what direction Season 5 is going ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #2224 of 2235 Unread 07-28-2014, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hernanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 2,444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
High Sparrow .. now that's a tip off on what direction Season 5 is going ..
He did appear in the 4th book (Feast for Crows), so it seems the right time. Especially if the series is going to intermingle books 4 and 5 over the next couple of years.

I'm just wondering where Arianne Martell is.
hernanu is online now  
post #2225 of 2235 Unread 07-28-2014, 01:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
He did appear in the 4th book (Feast for Crows), so it seems the right time. Especially if the series is going to intermingle books 4 and 5 over the next couple of years.

I'm just wondering where Arianne Martell is.
I've contended for some time that Book 4 / 5 have to be co-mingled .. it's really impossible to maintain the continuity of the show .. Book 4 (Feast) primarily deals with Sam Tarley, Cersei, Brienne, Arya, Seastone Chair, Dorne , Jaime Lannister, Sansa, Victarion Greyjoy, Areo Hotah ..etc .. the two most popular characters on the show are missing ..

the good news is GRRM has finally, finally decided to get back to work on "The Winds of Winter" ..
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=24742321

As well, we can put to bed all the speculation that surrounded "Lady Stoneheart" ..
http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/game_of_...airley-2014-06

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #2226 of 2235 Unread 07-28-2014, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hernanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 2,444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I've contended for some time that Book 4 / 5 have to be co-mingled .. it's really impossible to maintain the continuity of the show .. Book 4 (Feast) primarily deals with Sam Tarley, Cersei, Brienne, Arya, Seastone Chair, Dorne , Jaime Lannister, Sansa, Victarion Greyjoy, Areo Hotah ..etc .. the two most popular characters on the show are missing ..

the good news is GRRM has finally, finally decided to get back to work on "The Winds of Winter" ..
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=24742321

As well, we can put to bed all the speculation that surrounded "Lady Stoneheart" ..
http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/game_of_...airley-2014-06
All good news (except for Stoneheart) since I'm <spoiler alert> A BOOK READER <\spoiler alert>
hernanu is online now  
post #2227 of 2235 Unread 07-28-2014, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Whitearrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
I'm just wondering where Arianne Martell is.
Yeah, me too. I do not at all like the idea of her being written out.
Whitearrow is offline  
post #2228 of 2235 Unread 07-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
wdkerbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 727
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Trystane Martell is Prince Doran’s son and heir to Dorne.


Well, I think that pretty much tells us what happened to Arianne (written out).

-- David
wdkerbow is offline  
post #2229 of 2235 Unread 07-29-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
drhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,693
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
That quote from Fairley is months old. (edit: a month and 4 days)
drhill is offline  
post #2230 of 2235 Unread 07-29-2014, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hernanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 2,444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhill View Post
That quote from Fairley is months old. (edit: a month and 4 days)
But.... it's new to me, and since I'm the center of the universe it's by definition.... new.
hernanu is online now  
post #2231 of 2235 Unread 07-29-2014, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
drhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,693
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
But.... it's new to me, and since I'm the center of the universe it's by definition.... new.
Yeah I forgot rule #1 .

I'm still holding out hope, but it isn't promising. The last straw would be the show runner's flat out denying it.
drhill is offline  
post #2232 of 2235 Unread 07-29-2014, 07:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdkerbow View Post
Trystane Martell is Prince Doran’s son and heir to Dorne.


Well, I think that pretty much tells us what happened to Arianne (written out).
Yes, I'm thinking the same thing .. also no Aerys Oakheart is mentioned ..

It's sad really .. Arianne is a major character and quite a few plot twists revolve around her, not to mention another great strong female character .. perhaps we are seeing the beginning of further consolidation in order to get it finished in 7 seasons ..

On the other hand, maybe they are still casting .. ??

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #2233 of 2235 Unread 07-29-2014, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hernanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 2,444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Yes, I'm thinking the same thing .. also no Aerys Oakheart is mentioned ..

It's sad really .. Arianne is a major character and quite a few plot twists revolve around her, not to mention another great strong female character .. perhaps we are seeing the beginning of further consolidation in order to get it finished in 7 seasons ..

On the other hand, maybe they are still casting .. ??
One can hope. I can't get enough of fallen Kingsguard members:

Jaime Lannister, Barristan Selmy, Mandon Moore, Osmund Kettleblack and... (woof) Sandor Clegane.

I can't take it. I want me more Kingsguard follies.
hernanu is online now  
post #2234 of 2235 Unread Yesterday, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
edpowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I've contended for some time that Book 4 / 5 have to be co-mingled .. it's really impossible to maintain the continuity of the show .. Book 4 (Feast) primarily deals with Sam Tarley, Cersei, Brienne, Arya, Seastone Chair, Dorne , Jaime Lannister, Sansa, Victarion Greyjoy, Areo Hotah ..etc .. the two most popular characters on the show are missing ..

the good news is GRRM has finally, finally decided to get back to work on "The Winds of Winter" ..
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=24742321

As well, we can put to bed all the speculation that surrounded "Lady Stoneheart" ..
http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/game_of_...airley-2014-06
I don't have a big problem with omitting Lady Stoneheart. I never really though much of that storyline and it will be fun to see how they fill the gaps with the other characters like Brienne and Jaime.
edpowers is online now  
post #2235 of 2235 Unread Yesterday, 07:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post
I don't have a big problem with omitting Lady Stoneheart. I never really though much of that storyline and it will be fun to see how they fill the gaps with the other characters like Brienne and Jaime.
I really only added that info since prior to season end, some thought Stoneheart was a sure thing because there was supposedly a "Stone Heart" on a promo poster ...

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread

User Tag List



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off