'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD *** WARNING - Spoilers allowed *** - Page 75 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2221 of 2249 Old 06-28-2014, 09:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 621
"Dangerous Women" an anthology co-edited by GRRM now has a companion additional Targaryen novelette (prequel) as part of the "Rogues" anthology co-edited by GRRM ... came out on June 17th .. besides the GRRM stories, both of these books are a pretty good read with a good selection of authors .. the GOT material is written a bit differently than what we are used to in Fire & Ice .. presented as the writing of an Archmaester ..

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2222 of 2249 Old 07-28-2014, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Major casting information for season 5.
post #2223 of 2249 Old 07-28-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitearrow View Post

High Sparrow .. now that's a tip off on what direction Season 5 is going ..

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #2224 of 2249 Old 07-28-2014, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
High Sparrow .. now that's a tip off on what direction Season 5 is going ..
He did appear in the 4th book (Feast for Crows), so it seems the right time. Especially if the series is going to intermingle books 4 and 5 over the next couple of years.

I'm just wondering where Arianne Martell is.
post #2225 of 2249 Old 07-28-2014, 01:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
He did appear in the 4th book (Feast for Crows), so it seems the right time. Especially if the series is going to intermingle books 4 and 5 over the next couple of years.

I've contended for some time that Book 4 / 5 have to be co-mingled .. it's really impossible to maintain the continuity of the show .. Book 4 (Feast) primarily deals with Sam Tarley, Cersei, Brienne, Arya, Seastone Chair, Dorne , Jaime Lannister, Sansa, Victarion Greyjoy, Areo Hotah ..etc .. the two most popular characters on the show are missing ..

the good news is GRRM has finally, finally decided to get back to work on "The Winds of Winter" ..
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=24742321

As well, we can put to bed all the speculation that surrounded "Lady Stoneheart" ..
http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/game_of_...airley-2014-06

Uncle Willie

post #2226 of 2249 Old 07-28-2014, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I've contended for some time that Book 4 / 5 have to be co-mingled .. it's really impossible to maintain the continuity of the show .. Book 4 (Feast) primarily deals with Sam Tarley, Cersei, Brienne, Arya, Seastone Chair, Dorne , Jaime Lannister, Sansa, Victarion Greyjoy, Areo Hotah ..etc .. the two most popular characters on the show are missing ..

the good news is GRRM has finally, finally decided to get back to work on "The Winds of Winter" ..

As well, we can put to bed all the speculation that surrounded "Lady Stoneheart" ..
All good news (except for Stoneheart) since I'm <spoiler alert> A BOOK READER <\spoiler alert>
post #2227 of 2249 Old 07-28-2014, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Yeah, me too. I do not at all like the idea of her being written out.
post #2228 of 2249 Old 07-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Trystane Martell is Prince Doran’s son and heir to Dorne.

Well, I think that pretty much tells us what happened to Arianne (written out).

-- David
post #2229 of 2249 Old 07-29-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
That quote from Fairley is months old. (edit: a month and 4 days)
post #2230 of 2249 Old 07-29-2014, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhill View Post
That quote from Fairley is months old. (edit: a month and 4 days)
But.... it's new to me, and since I'm the center of the universe it's by definition.... new.
post #2231 of 2249 Old 07-29-2014, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
But.... it's new to me, and since I'm the center of the universe it's by definition.... new.
Yeah I forgot rule #1 .

I'm still holding out hope, but it isn't promising. The last straw would be the show runner's flat out denying it.
post #2232 of 2249 Old 07-29-2014, 07:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdkerbow View Post
Trystane Martell is Prince Doran’s son and heir to Dorne.

Well, I think that pretty much tells us what happened to Arianne (written out).
Yes, I'm thinking the same thing .. also no Aerys Oakheart is mentioned ..

It's sad really .. Arianne is a major character and quite a few plot twists revolve around her, not to mention another great strong female character .. perhaps we are seeing the beginning of further consolidation in order to get it finished in 7 seasons ..

On the other hand, maybe they are still casting .. ??

Uncle Willie

post #2233 of 2249 Old 07-29-2014, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes, I'm thinking the same thing .. also no Aerys Oakheart is mentioned ..

It's sad really .. Arianne is a major character and quite a few plot twists revolve around her, not to mention another great strong female character .. perhaps we are seeing the beginning of further consolidation in order to get it finished in 7 seasons ..

On the other hand, maybe they are still casting .. ??
One can hope. I can't get enough of fallen Kingsguard members:

Jaime Lannister, Barristan Selmy, Mandon Moore, Osmund Kettleblack and... (woof) Sandor Clegane.

I can't take it. I want me more Kingsguard follies.
post #2234 of 2249 Old 07-30-2014, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

I don't have a big problem with omitting Lady Stoneheart. I never really though much of that storyline and it will be fun to see how they fill the gaps with the other characters like Brienne and Jaime.
post #2235 of 2249 Old 07-30-2014, 07:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpowers View Post
I don't have a big problem with omitting Lady Stoneheart. I never really though much of that storyline and it will be fun to see how they fill the gaps with the other characters like Brienne and Jaime.
I really only added that info since prior to season end, some thought Stoneheart was a sure thing because there was supposedly a "Stone Heart" on a promo poster ...

Uncle Willie

post #2236 of 2249 Old 07-31-2014, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 202
I hope Lady Stoneheart is not omitted. Her story arc isn't complete yet in the books but I can't help but feel like it is going somewhere important. She's definitely important to Brienne's arc. It's entirely possible that she is in and that the show runners are keeping Michelle Fairley's role secret. Or, it could have already been filmed last season and didn't make the cut. She isn't a new addition to the cast and announcing her involvement again would only confuse people who haven't read the books and possibly spoil the reveal.
post #2237 of 2249 Old 08-01-2014, 07:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.kingsley View Post
I hope Lady Stoneheart is not omitted. Her story arc isn't complete yet in the books but I can't help but feel like it is going somewhere important. She's definitely important to Brienne's arc. It's entirely possible that she is in and that the show runners are keeping Michelle Fairley's role secret. Or, it could have already been filmed last season and didn't make the cut. She isn't a new addition to the cast and announcing her involvement again would only confuse people who haven't read the books and possibly spoil the reveal.
Michelle Fairley confirmed that Catelyn's Red Wedding death was her final appearance ...

"The character's dead," Fairley says. "She's dead."

Myself, I never expected her to be written in after Red Wedding .. it's just a plot deviation that does not really merit any screen time based on the limited time available .. that's not to say it's not an interesting character ..

And on a side note, I'm really curious what HBO will do with the Kingsmoot, since if D & D want to really streamline the narrative, the Ironborn sideplots are an obvious one to slim down although I thought it was one of the best sections of "A Feast for Crows" .. which I also consider the weakest of the series so far ..

Uncle Willie

post #2238 of 2249 Old 08-01-2014, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Michelle Fairley confirmed that Catelyn's Red Wedding death was her final appearance ...
"The character's dead," Fairley says. "She's dead."
One could attribute a certain degree of deviousness to the terms of Fairley's NDA and say (1) she didn't actually say it was her own last appearance, and (2) you could take the spin that (a) yes, the character is dead, but in the book is reanimated after death, or (b) that LS is a different character.

I agree that LS is not critical to the narrative -- there's not much that can't be written around, when you come right down to it -- but LS would make great TV -- better than some of the stuff that has been shown ::cough:: Theon torture ::cough:: -- and I'm still surprised at the notion they would omit it. And Fairley would kill in the role. So to speak.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #2239 of 2249 Old 08-01-2014, 02:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
One could attribute a certain degree of deviousness to the terms of Fairley's NDA and say (1) she didn't actually say it was her own last appearance, and (2) you could take the spin that (a) yes, the character is dead, but in the book is reanimated after death, or (b) that LS is a different character.

I agree that LS is not critical to the narrative -- there's not much that can't be written around, when you come right down to it -- but LS would make great TV -- better than some of the stuff that has been shown ::cough:: Theon torture ::cough:: -- and I'm still surprised at the notion they would omit it. And Fairley would kill in the role. So to speak.
RD, I agree completely .. and the sheer shock value to the non-readers would be priceless as well .. although I'd like to see it happen, I'm probably 90% sure it won't ..

Did you see her in "24" .. ??

Uncle Willie

post #2240 of 2249 Old 08-01-2014, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Did you see her in "24" .. ??
Yes, and I felt like she was tuning up certain aspects of her Lady Stoneheart characterization even then.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #2241 of 2249 Old 08-01-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
Yes, and I felt like she was tuning up certain aspects of her Lady Stoneheart characterization even then.

Sansa is the new Lady Stoneheart. Whatever acts of revenge Catelyn Stoneheart would have taken on, is now Sansa's role ..

Uncle Willie

post #2242 of 2249 Old 08-01-2014, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Sansa is the new Lady Stoneheart. Whatever acts of revenge Catelyn Stoneheart would have taken on, is now Sansa's role ..
No. Now Arya has some folks to kill before she gets to Dany.
post #2243 of 2249 Old 08-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

What is Arya going to do with Dany's Become her point lady? Ride one of the dragons or become the Queens Hand on Dragonstone.
post #2244 of 2249 Old 08-02-2014, 10:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not speculating on anything that's that far off into the future ..

Sansa and her new "Maleficent" look has to mean something .. I'm figuring she's moved into the Dark Side ..

Uncle Willie

post #2245 of 2249 Old 08-02-2014, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post
What is Arya going to do with Dany's Become her point lady? Ride one of the dragons or become the Queens Hand on Dragonstone.
Arya is going to kill Dany. Why else would she be preparing to be an assassin?
post #2246 of 2249 Old 08-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Does not fit the story arc from my stand point.

Danenerys IS a full blooded Targaryen maybe the last one. Is unfazed by fire, maybe there is also far more magic in her blood then anyone suspects.

I could see Arya becoming under the influence of Dany, or retiring to the Vale were her sister Sansa is, becoming Sansa's instrument of revenge and helping in her rise to power.
I think another real long shot, real real long is Arya somehow getting to the Wall and finding Jon Snow still alive, after all did not the Red women get a look at him through the fire, and what did you think she saw, I think it was a Targaryen/Stark blood line.
post #2247 of 2249 Old 08-03-2014, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Arya doesn't need Daenerys, Jon Snow, Tyrion or Dragons. Maybe she would deal with Bran, since he's about to become at least omniscient, we'll see about potent.

My preference? She heads the faceless men, an implacable and undetectable guild of assassins that permeates the world. If you have unseen, lethal henchmen and women who can take out any ruler, banker or Khal at any time, why do you need to be a ruler. You already rule.

So she becomes the head of the guild and decides who lives or dies. Starting with the people in her list. Melisandre was certainly taken aback by her. Her day of reckoning would put the end of Godfather I to shame.

Last edited by hernanu; 08-03-2014 at 05:33 AM.
post #2248 of 2249 Old 08-03-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:

She heads the faceless men, an implacable and undetectable guild of assassins that permeates the world. If you have unseen, lethal henchmen and women who can take out any ruler, banker or Khal at any time, why do you need to be a ruler. You already rule.

Dragons, zombies, and now...ninjas. No wonder I love this show.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #2249 of 2249 Old 08-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Sam's gonna be a wizard.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page