'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD *** WARNING - Spoilers allowed *** - Page 81 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2401 of 2410 Old Yesterday, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post
You are very correct on that. Rhaegar Targaryen did not just take and rape. She went with him willingly. Rhaegar was not getting the son from his wife from Dorn that he wanted plus he did not love her. They went to the tower of Joy and then he went to led the army and fight the war they started by running away. At the wars end Ned went to the tower of Joy with 5 knights and fought and killed 3 from the Kings Guard.
They were left there by Rhaegar to guard his lover and the baby she was with. Ned found her dying in a bed of blood and she had promise her something. After she died Ned returned the Arthur's family sword, Dawn to his sister. I think Ned and the sister were an item but because he married Kat after the mad king killed Ned's brother. She, Ashara Dayne killed herself after the meeting with Ned. By the way the baby boy is Jon, the promise was to raise him as his own and knowing the hate Robert Baratheon had for anything Targaryen the boy became Jon Snow.
By the way one of Ned's bannermen Howled Reed I think was the only one that lived of Ned's Knight's so is the only other one to know the truth.

Still a theory though - George R. R. hasn't come on stage, screamed it out and dropped the mike as he left, but definitely is getting ready in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2402 of 2410 Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
You are very correct on that. Rhaegar Targaryen did not just take and rape. She went with him willingly. Rhaegar was not getting the son from his wife from Dorn that he wanted plus he did not love her. They went to the tower of Joy and then he went to led the army and fight the war they started by running away. At the wars end Ned went to the tower of Joy with 5 knights and fought and killed 3 from the Kings Guard.
They were left there by Rhaegar to guard his lover and the baby she was with. Ned found her dying in a bed of blood and she had promise her something. After she died Ned returned the Arthur's family sword, Dawn to his sister. I think Ned and the sister were an item but because he married Kat after the mad king killed Ned's brother. She, Ashara Dayne killed herself after the meeting with Ned. By the way the baby boy is Jon, the promise was to raise him as his own and knowing the hate Robert Baratheon had for anything Targaryen the boy became Jon Snow.
By the way one of Ned's bannermen Howled Reed I think was the only one that lived of Ned's Knight's so is the only other one to know the truth.
That is the theory. Promise me Ned.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #2403 of 2410 Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 367
^^
I guess I need to re-read Dance with Dragons

I read it over a yr ago ballpark and have forgotten details. I only remembered the "other woman" who Ned was supposedly having affair with while away fighting Robert's war. You guys have it all over me on recalling these details.

I also don't recall Martin actually saying this in the book so you guys must be pretty good at figuring out what he was hinting at or I missed something

Steve

Last edited by ss9001; Yesterday at 02:02 PM.
post #2404 of 2410 Old Yesterday, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 206
If I recall correctly, a large chuck of this material originates in Ned Stark's fever dream in a Game of Thrones (story about going to save Lyanna in the tower).
post #2405 of 2410 Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post
^^

I read it over a yr ago ballpark and have forgotten details. I only remembered the "other woman" who Ned was supposedly having affair with while away fighting Robert's war. You guys have it all over me on recalling these details.

I also don't recall Martin actually saying this in the book so you guys must be pretty good at figuring out what he was hinting at or I missed something
I have read them twice and watch the show's before the start of each new season. There are things that jump out at you with every time you see or read it. What was very noticeable is the look on Melisandre face as she watch Jon through the fire that was burning the Night's Watch died. With her attempted seduction of Jon in the most resent episode, we all know what see fells about Kings blood, and what did she say to Jon with his had felling her heart beat, there is power in you, you resit it and thats your mistake. Jon tells her he still loves Ygritte even if she is died. Where did that power come from that Melisandre fells? One last thing I like to consider is this there are only 2 men in the books or the shows that we never see after the girls, Ned, Jaime and now Jon. Jaime has only eye's for Cersei, Ned was the same with Kat and now Jon can't let go of Ygritte. I don't buy Ned's infidelity, not a bit.
post #2406 of 2410 Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post
^^

Most of the clues are actually early in the 1st book other than the story of Ned "saving" his sister with Howland Reed. Also, a lot of the clues are at the beginning of the book before Robert comes for a visit. You would not have necessarily noticed them the first time as there are too many characters you are getting to know. Reed, if you don't know, is the father of Jojen and Meera Reed who accompanied Bran (RIP Jojen). It is possible that they know this secret too if their father passed it along.

Here is a nice video that lays it out if you want to look at it and it refers to direct lines in the books. Its a fan theory but an accepted one. Isn't really a spoiler though spoilers are allowed here because it is not known, it is a theory.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #2407 of 2410 Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
That is the theory. Promise me Ned.
It's all theory, and makes the show more fun to watch, looking for hints to what is to come.
post #2408 of 2410 Unread Today, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
It's all theory, and makes the show more fun to watch, looking for hints to what is to come.
The cynical half of me says last week's episode was a giant mindf*** by Martin+B&W to throw off the book readers, and that Jon's parentage is something further afield than R+L=J.
post #2409 of 2410 Unread Today, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by rflor View Post
The cynical half of me says last week's episode was a giant mindf*** by Martin+B&W to throw off the book readers, and that Jon's parentage is something further afield than R+L=J.
Could be. Remember the stoneheart in the final credits on season 3's last episode?

I remember. The north (northeast actually, Boston area) remembers.
post #2410 of 2410 Unread Today, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflor View Post
I wonder what Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson would come up with.

As for me I enjoy the speculation, that what keeps the hook set. Speculation is the forming of a theory or conjecture without
firm evidence=debate=fun.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page