'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD *** WARNING - Spoilers allowed *** - Page 85 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2521 of 2527 Unread Yesterday, 09:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post
I have read the books twice and it was an ordeal both times. The first time was more for the story and the second time I was more into looking for clues to the unanswered and the unasked question. Got pretty sharp with the material and can still recall it ok. It took me about 10 weeks or so plus I did go back to reread a lot and stop and think about what I had just read.

I know speed reading can devour a lot of ground but what is the use if a year later you end up with a green egg and rotten pork omelet, not a lot of enjoyment in that.
3 times for me .. just because I like the books (some more than others) .. I don't speed read, I savor it like a fine wine .. when it's good, anyway .. and at my age, it's not about the speed, it's about the flavor ..
Phil17108 and jazzycat like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 2527 Unread Yesterday, 10:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
3 times for me .. just because I like the books (some more than others) .. I don't speed read, I savor it like a fine wine .. when it's good, anyway .. and at my age, it's not about the speed, it's about the flavor ..
You could not have put it better. Its like a fine dinner in a top tier restaurant, it takes time. Speed reading is a value meal at jack in the box drive through.
post #2523 of 2527 Unread Today, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 71
The Watchers on the Wall have revealed some of the casting calls for Season 6 of Game of Thrones.

They didn't post names, but based on some of the descriptions, it is likely we will see Euron Greyjoy, Randyll Tarly, and Septon Meribald, among others.
post #2524 of 2527 Unread Today, 01:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post
The Watchers on the Wall have revealed some of the casting calls for Season 6 of Game of Thrones.

They didn't post names, but based on some of the descriptions, it is likely we will see Euron Greyjoy, Randyll Tarly, and Septon Meribald, among others.
In the comments following the article you posted there sure seemed a lot of love for the Ironborn. I was hoping that the TV series would leave them out, although it seems in Book 6 they plan an important part.
post #2525 of 2527 Unread Today, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post
You read 5,216 pgs in 14 days - thats 372 pgs a day.
Yep. Something like that (it might have been a little longer, but not by much). Once I start reading a book, I find it almost impossible to put it down. (if it's good, that is.) I can read fairly quickly when I'm interested in something. I admit I did skip over a few pages because of the endless exposition. I think some of the very lengthy description he used was unnecessary and boring. Just my opinion. But I really wanted to move on. I mostly did this in the fourth book, with all the stuff about the Iron Islands, Victorian, Euron, etc. I simply didn't care about those characters. I didn't find them at all interesting, and I thought they were the most evil ones in the book, and not in a fun way.
post #2526 of 2527 Unread Today, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCodger73 View Post
In the comments following the article you posted there sure seemed a lot of love for the Ironborn. I was hoping that the TV series would leave them out, although it seems in Book 6 they plan an important part.
ack. They were my least favorite characters in the books. Considering the changes they've made to other things, I was also hoping they would be left out.
post #2527 of 2527 Unread Today, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 158
You cannot left out the man, that will sit on the Iron Throne at the end.

P.S.: I just heard that GOT will be over after only sex seasons???!

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com