'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD *** WARNING - Spoilers allowed *** - Page 86 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #2551 of 2556 Old Today, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandOG View Post
I've been debating how they're going to handle Jon at the end of the season. The fact that Melisandre isn't at Castle Black takes away the possibility of her saving him after they attack him. Do they have Ollie stab him alone so that there's a chance of Jon living? If he's attacked like he is in the books with no Red Priestess to save him then how the hell could he survive? I'm sure Jon is not going to die. Besides the fact that he's signed for 2 more seasons we all know that an awful lot of overall book plot speculation revolves around him.
I probably should have put "die" in sarcastic air quotes.

Btw, here is a nice article about the book's description of the Night King which raises questions whether it is the White Walkers behind this or the Night King with some aide of the White Walkers:

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...d-dragonglass/

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC

Last edited by daryl zero; Today at 08:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2552 of 2556 Old Today, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzycat View Post
I don't understand why they didn't give Arya the name she used in the books, "Cat of the Canals" while she's out peddling oysters. What is the point of changing her name to Lanna, which is suspiciously close to Alyane, which is the name Sansa was using when traveling with Littlefinger? It seems to me they're changing things just for the sake of changing them now, instead of for some reason of efficiency. Did this annoy anyone else?
I don't think it's all that close to Alayne at all. Some of the same letters, but the sound is distinctly different. If anything, it is very close to Lyanna.
Phil17108 likes this.

The Hodor Theater - In Progress
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT
Surround/Back Speakers - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M
Subwoofers - Dual Passive JTR Captivator Pros
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR608
post #2553 of 2556 Old Today, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I don't think it's all that close to Alayne at all. Some of the same letters, but the sound is distinctly different. If anything, it is very close to Lyanna.
I think they should name her Francesco. That was the name of a guy who sold me some bad oysters at an Italian street fair and ... I figure she's doing the same kind of thing.
JudgeSmails likes this.
post #2554 of 2556 Old Today, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I am with you on that. Arya had I think 3 names in Braavos, Cat of the Canals, a street urchin, the name I can't come up with that was the seller of the sea food. After she killed the insurance sales men she becomes and apprentice of another. The one I liked the best, Blind Beth. As Blind Beth her green seeing ability is developed and she uses it to look at the Braavos through the eyes of a cat. As I recall she did not inform the kindly man of her ability to do that. All of the Stark kids have it yet there has been no evidence of Sansa having it. Maybe next year.
post #2555 of 2556 Old Today, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 249
It looks like Arya is simply going to poison the vinegar instead of putting the poison on the coin since they never showed him doing the bite check.

post #2556 of 2556 Old Today, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
So what are the head WWs suppose to be?

Some different race and their plan is to what convert all the living to the dead army?

And once they do that, then what?

They certainly have an advantage since they don't have to worry about pesky things like having resources -- money, food, inspiration -- to raise and sustain an army through arduous campaigns.

Say the WW are the biggest threat to KL and the known world, the biggest, baddest contender in the GoT. Other than the revelation of their supernatural powers, they're not as interesting as all the individuals and families which the series has been concentrating on for 5 seasons.

Unlike zombies in other movies, these boss WW seem to have some kind of sentience, so presumably they could have the same kind of motivations, ambitions, hubris, etc. as the other contenders?

A couple of seasons ago, one of the WW took a baby to some ice palace and then did they turn the baby into a WW (with the glowing eyes)?
I have not read the books on purpose. I am going to wait until after the series. I am not sure "what" the WW are. I don't think they really care about the "dead army". They are just a means to an end. It's probably their own "race" they care about and it appears they want the same as all the families. Power.

In terms of the baby, I think that is how they propagate their race. It appears if they take a baby they can turn the baby into a WW. If they kill you, you are just a future part of their zombie army.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page