'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD *** WARNING - Spoilers allowed *** - Page 88 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2611 of 2824 Old 06-06-2015, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
It was a joke post .. don't get all serious on me now .. ... although I will say I'd just as soon not know what leaks on the Web as far as what an unaired episode contains .. if people want to post that info, that's up to them .. I just don't go looking for it .. and in my case, I don't believe it until I see the episode anyway ..
I understood you weren't really serious, it just seemed like an odd place to make that joke.
I don't know what's coming up even though I've read the books. Kinda interesting though this place is alright with spoilers from the web. We don't have to read them if we don't want to of course, but that would take self-control which would mean I would have to make an effort. Naaah.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2612 of 2824 Old 06-06-2015, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandOG View Post
But's he's half Stark, half Targaryen so he's got that going for him.
Targaryens have had even worse luck lately than the Starks.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #2613 of 2824 Old 06-06-2015, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
If he dies then gets brought back somehow, red priest kind of way, maybe, will that release him from his vows to the watch? He can go lording it up, sire children, whatever he wants.
Thats what I have been thinking. When a member of the watch dies they say his watch is over, I would think that would free Jon of the Night's watch vows. A few books back just before the red wedding Rob and his Lords of the North made Jon a Stark and then sent the document someplace for safe keeping. With Jon Free of the Watch's vow he can become a Stark just like Ramsy became a Bolton. What did the note Stannes got back from the Mormont's of Bear Island. The North only has one King and his name is Stark. That is what I think could happen.
jazzycat likes this.
post #2614 of 2824 Old 06-07-2015, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 165
IF the leaks for tonite are correct....

internet go BOOM !!

post #2615 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 185
GOT was Epic last night. OMG. I had to rewatch the last 20mins 3 times.. What a scene OMFG!!! Loved it.......
jazzycat likes this.
post #2616 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 06:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post
IF the leaks for tonite are correct....

internet go BOOM !!
I think the leaks were correct. I am glad I didn't read any... It made the episode more epic...
post #2617 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Another fantastic ending to an episode!!!

One thing I wasn't clear about - When Dany closed her eyes near the end, was she just calmly accepting her impending doom, or was she connected to, and trying to summon Drogon?

Stannis is a dork. Unfortunately I saw the Shireen thing coming a long time ago. As soon as they had they heart-to-heart where Stannis explained how he saved Shireen from the greyscale, I told my wife that Shireen is doomed - Stannis is going to sacrifice her. Really hating that guy now.
Turrican4D and jazzycat like this.
post #2618 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

While the two parts, Shireen's death and the attack on Danaerys were epic, I'm not sure about the rest. Dorne is a real disappointment and Arya's hanging around where she obviously shouldn't be was almost epically bad. Having Trout keep asking for younger girls is about as bad and as boring a trope could be. How about having him kick some blind men too while your at it? What was the point of the hand slapping game? They needed to use screen time?

post #2619 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

One thing I wasn't clear about - When Dany closed her eyes near the end, was she just calmly accepting her impending doom, or was she connected to, and trying to summon Drogon?

Stannis is a dork. Unfortunately I saw the Shireen thing coming a long time ago. As soon as they had they heart-to-heart where Stannis explained how he saved Shireen from the greyscale, I told my wife that Shireen is doomed - Stannis is going to sacrifice her. Really hating that guy now.
Yes, she was accepting her impending doom but then Drogon came and saved the day because they have a strong connection with each other since she is the mother of dragons, he must have sense her in trouble, loved that part, made me tear

Yea, I kind of saw that coming myself eventually.
jazzycat likes this.

Last edited by Itwillneverend; 06-08-2015 at 07:54 AM.
post #2620 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 07:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 916 Post(s)
Liked: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

The HBO GO regular segment at the end of the episode with B&W indicated Dany was trying for a moment of tranquility before what she feared was her impending death ..

I think we can safely say we have now firmly entered Book 6 territory with Stannis ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #2621 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
While the two parts, Shireen's death and the attack on Danaerys were epic, I'm not sure about the rest. Dorne is a real disappointment and Arya's hanging around where she obviously shouldn't be was almost epically bad. Having Trout keep asking for younger girls is about as bad and as boring a trope could be. How about having him kick some blind men too while your at it? What was the point of the hand slapping game? They needed to use screen time?
Yea the Arya situation thing is really dragging out week after week with nothing happening, boring...I like the Dorne scene but the hand slapping scene was lame. I was hoping Arya would change her face and appear in front of Trout and kill him but maybe that will happen next week, Arya will be the next girl since he said "you will have a new girl for me tomorrow, right?".... I guess we shall see.
post #2622 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 478
I had been anticipating the scene where Drogon swoops in and carries off Dany. Exciting and epic. The only thing I wished for was making Drogon bigger, as in casting a shadow over most of the arena.
post #2623 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 08:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
I had been anticipating the scene where Drogon swoops in and carries off Dany. Exciting and epic. The only thing I wished for was making Drogon bigger, as in casting a shadow over most of the arena.
I thought exactly the same thing .. then, I figured Drogon had to be able to navigate the arena and the larger they made him, the harder it would be .. he had to be able to land and pick up Dany, and then have enough take off room as well ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Last edited by mgkdragn; 06-08-2015 at 09:05 AM.
post #2624 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I don't think they are fully grown yet. He did look vulnerable with all the spears thrown at him though. I wonder how they, the dragons will handle the cold if Winter is Comming.
post #2625 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpillar View Post
I don't think they are fully grown yet. He did look vulnerable with all the spears thrown at him though. I wonder how they, the dragons will handle the cold if Winter is coming.
They go to Florida for the winter..

post #2626 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
Yea they made him look tiny in the arena and then larger in other scenes that was not kool. I was like why so small now, oh well. It was still epic and great scene, I love Tyrion's look on his face while watching her fly away on Drogon's back.
post #2627 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 08:53 AM
Advanced Member

I hope Drogon doesn't get killed off from all them spears in him

Last edited by Itwillneverend; 06-08-2015 at 08:58 AM.
post #2628 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 08:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I was a bit disappointed in last night's episode. It just seemed pretty 'meh' for the most part, especially after last weeks. Really, I thought the last 3-4 weeks were really good (outside of a couple of Dorne scenes). The dialogue tonight just wasn't all that great. The Stannis part was better (though I'm not sure how Davos knew it was 20 men that did it...did they leave a note?). The Pit part was my biggest letdown. The fighting in the Pit was pretty poor. Not quite Dorne bad, but definitely far from the shows best work. Jorah fought really well a couple episodes ago, and this episode he's falling all over himself (and somehow still wins?). The music was pretty lackluster for this scene that is supposed to be epic. Drogon was a mixed bag. Some CGI was very well done (his close up). Other parts (or at least the blending) were not all that great. Dany flying away was the worst part visually. It looked very cheap. His burning wasn't all that great either. A few here, a few there. He should have been able to do more damage than that. A quick circle pass would have allowed him to take out most of the harpies surrounding them. That would have made it more believable for those remaining getting out alive after she leaves.

The Hodor Theater - In Progress
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT
Surround/Back Speakers - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M
Subwoofers - Dual Passive JTR Captivator Pros
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR608
post #2629 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I was a bit disappointed in last night's episode. It just seemed pretty 'meh' for the most part, especially after last weeks. Really, I thought the last 3-4 weeks were really good (outside of a couple of Dorne scenes). The dialogue tonight just wasn't all that great. The Stannis part was better (though I'm not sure how Davos knew it was 20 men that did it...did they leave a note?). The Pit part was my biggest letdown. The fighting in the Pit was pretty poor. Not quite Dorne bad, but definitely far from the shows best work. Jorah fought really well a couple episodes ago, and this episode he's falling all over himself (and somehow still wins?). The music was pretty lackluster for this scene that is supposed to be epic. Drogon was a mixed bag. Some CGI was very well done (his close up). Other parts (or at least the blending) were not all that great. Dany flying away was the worst part visually. It looked very cheap. His burning wasn't all that great either. A few here, a few there. He should have been able to do more damage than that. A quick circle pass would have allowed him to take out most of the harpies surrounding them. That would have made it more believable for those remaining getting out alive after she leaves.
You are a hard man to please my friend. Do not forget they have budget to work with. This is not a huge motion picture where they have millions of dollars to spend on one episode. Please take this into consideration when viewing this show. With that said, I think it was just right.
post #2630 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itwillneverend View Post
You are a hard man to please my friend. Do not forget they have budget to work with. This is not a huge motion picture where they have millions of dollars to spend on one episode. Please take this into consideration when viewing this show. With that said, I think it was just right.
Oh I do. I was surprised at how good the quality was at some points. I would have preferred more of a middle ground of quality that was consistent as opposed to the jarring contrast between the high and low quality shots. I really think it was just poor compositing in some areas. I feel like they wasted some budget on a fairly pointless scene earlier in the year with Drogon and Dany. Get rid of that and use more resources on this scene.

post #2631 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Some CGI was very well done (his close up). Other parts (or at least the blending) were not all that great. Dany flying away was the worst part visually.
Agree - they likely had to pick where to spend money. The entrance was pretty good.
This was the most "In camera" of a Dragon I can remember, give credit for what was good on a low budget.
post #2632 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 09:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I think Drogon torched a good number of the Harpy's based on his position in the arena .. He would have had to be dead center with no "good guys" between him and the targets in order to do a circle flame throw, although I admit it would have been better visually that way .. B&W on the after show discussion were very proud of the CGI work done with the arena ..

IMO, the show has still not exceeded the "Red Wedding" or the "Battle of Blackwater" based on the impact of the episode ..

Uncle Willie

post #2633 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 45
How vulnerable are the dragons in the books? I'd like to think a few spears do no harm to a dragon.

One thing I couldn't help but think was "I wonder if the two dragons she has chained up would protect her like that." And now I'm wondering if Dany even remembers she has two other dragons. It's been so long since they showed them.

Stannis is a dick. I think Ollie is going to be doing some shanking of a certain Lord Commander and I can't get enough of the scenes Tyrion and Dany share together.

post #2634 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

IMO, the show has still not exceeded the "Red Wedding" or the "Battle of Blackwater" based on the impact of the episode ..
Well, seasons 2&3 are hard to beat in general. Last week was darn close
post #2635 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I think Drogon torched a good number of the Harpy's based on his position in the arena .. He would have had to be dead center with no "good guys" between him and the targets in order to do a circle flame throw, although I admit it would have been better visually that way .. B&W on the after show discussion were very proud of the CGI work done with the arena ..

I meant that he should do that while he was still airborne. Circle around while flying and flame them. Then land and deal with stragglers.

post #2636 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Alot to get to in the barely over 60min finale:

cersei - walk of shame
arya/trant - task not completed / lie consequences
sansas/ramsay/brienne/pod - has to finally come to a head
littlefinger/varys - have to finally show up
stannis - sacrifice payoff
tyrion,daario,jorah - now what
dany - back to square 1
jon snow - does that event happen
myrcella/trystane/jaime - seemed too clean an ending

that doesnt even account for gendry still rowing that boat & blackfish still taking that piss.
daryl zero and Turrican4D like this.

post #2637 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I meant that he should do that while he was still airborne. Circle around while flying and flame them. Then land and deal with stragglers.
Nice concept - like an attack chopper. Bet the CG guys were on it, but the bank was a little short
post #2638 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 09:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

cersei - walk of shame
dany - back to square 1

that doesnt even account for gendry still rowing that boat & blackfish still taking that piss.
Yep, it's gonna be tough .. I'd speculate they will concentrate on Jon, Stannis, Sansa and Cercei ..

Uncle Willie

post #2639 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

cersei - walk of shame
dany - back to square 1

I think the Dany, Tyrion, Daario & Jorah finale was last night.

Yea, where the hell is Varys, we haven't seen him in what, 3 weeks now?

Hopefully, they will give up more than 60mins on this finale, like in TWD finale was 90mins. Lets see.
post #2640 of 2824 Old 06-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post
Nice concept - like an attack chopper. Bet the CG guys were on it, but the bank was a little short
Drogon does not seem agile enough to do those maneuvers in that arena. He was barely able to take off.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com