'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD *** WARNING - Spoilers allowed *** - Page 94 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-18-2015, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Ditto .. and as a side note, I owned a Cordoba in the 1980's .. the Corinthian Leather was nice, bucket seats, floor shift .. but it was the worst car I've ever owned mechanically ..
me too...in 1977.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2015, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post
I think martin said dany/pyre was an exception event cause it mixed in with the dragons birth & the witches blood magic.

Otherwise targs can be burned thats why even in the last book dany actually gets burnt by drogon.
Every other man or woman would have died by standing directly in the flames of Drogon. Only Dany's hair burned away completely and she had a few mild bruises, that was all harm she took from being torched.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 167
If jon snow really is part targ it seems you can still get burned too like when he burned his hand by grabbing & throwing the lantern at the undead dude in mormonts quarters.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post
If jon snow really is part targ it seems you can still get burned too like when he burned his hand by grabbing & throwing the lantern at the undead dude in mormonts quarters.
I just reread the book passage (end of Ch. 52 in the first book & early part of Ch. 60) out of curiosity and the books are consistent. During the action there's no reference to Jon being burned: "The heat of it on his face was sweeter than any kiss Jon had ever known." [...] "Jon plunged his hand into the flames, grabbed a fistful of the burning drapes, and whipped them at the dead man. Let it burn, he prayed as the cloth smothered the corpse, gods, please, please let it burn."

But to start Ch. 60 he's bandaged and the description is of a bad burn that was worse than he initially expected. Guess Jon wasn't the 4th child

PS3 ID: Mav_26_
Old 06-19-2015, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Seems Kit Harington was spotted in Belfast with several other cast members (Belfast is where they are filming scenes from the North).

From io9...

Quote:
Sources have told io9 that Kit Harington — whose character Jon Snow seemingly perished in the recent season finale — has been seen in Belfast with several other members of the cast. Belfast, of course, is home to much of the show’s filming for scenes set in the North and at The Wall. Production is already preparing to start on Game of Thrones’ sixth season, so our source speculates that Harington could be making appearances as Snow — either flashbacks, or scenes showing that he survived the seemingly fatal mutiny of the Night’s Watch.
So, Uncle Willie... Flashbacks, funeral, not dead, resurrection, or just an actor visiting friends?
Old 06-19-2015, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Where is the 4th child statement in the books? I would think if Jon's body is burn and I would bet it would be its out of the ashes a new leader would rise. I would expect that would not have anything to do with being a Targaryen or not although that would not hurt. Next book maybe. Next year or next season?
Old 06-19-2015, 09:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 962 Post(s)
Liked: 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post
Seems Kit Harington was spotted in Belfast with several other cast members (Belfast is where they are filming scenes from the North).

From io9...

So, Uncle Willie... Flashbacks, funeral, not dead, resurrection, or just an actor visiting friends?

Given that GOT doesn't start filming until mid July he's in Belfast pretty early .. an unsubstantiated rumor posted by "sources" on reddit during the continued heat of Snow's dead or alive speculation could be nothing more than a cry for attention .. I found the supposed pic as well .. of the side of someones head ..

Charles Dance was on set last year as well .. as a corpse ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 06-19-2015, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 91
So you are going with 'funeral' then? I still think some Lord of Light resurrection thing is coming.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post
So you are going with 'funeral' then? I still think some Lord of Light resurrection thing is coming.

It's all a guess .. given Haringtons high visibility during Season 5 on the talk show circuit, etc, maybe he was in Belfast, maybe he was there to just add fuel to the fire .. maybe he was not there at all .. all I know is, when Season 6 starts filming, it's about impossible to hide the cast from everyone all of the time .. and what's a Jon Snow pic on set or in the area worth to the tabloids these days .. ?? If he shows up for real, it will be a media mob ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 06-19-2015, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post
Where is the 4th child statement in the books? I would think if Jon's body is burn and I would bet it would be its out of the ashes a new leader would rise. I would expect that would not have anything to do with being a Targaryen or not although that would not hurt. Next book maybe. Next year or next season?
It's not - I was merely referencing this thread where it was brought up. There is no 4th child statement in the books or show. Although if in the next book there is, we'll know GRRM is watching.

The Lord of Light might create a Phoenix out of John's ashes. Maybe that's why he likes to have folks burned so much? He's looking for the one to be his champion who rises perhaps.

Should be interesting just what happens with Jon going forward. I can't fathom from a story perspective that he's just dead, but...

Old 06-19-2015, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Ditto - it was the worst car I've ever owned mechanically ..
Thus the smile - AM POS - The irony now is hilarious. That or the score for the commercial, which gets me goin' every time
Old 06-19-2015, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post
me too...in 1977.

OMG! 2 of you! I'm so sorry, but Khan would never except such a POS with his superior intellect. Right?
Old 06-19-2015, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMavs View Post
It's not - I was merely referencing this thread where it was brought up. There is no 4th child statement in the books or show. Although if in the next book there is, we'll know GRRM is watching.

The Lord of Light might create a Phoenix out of John's ashes. Maybe that's why he likes to have folks burned so much? He's looking for the one to be his champion who rises perhaps.

Should be interesting just what happens with Jon going forward. I can't fathom from a story perspective that he's just dead, but...
If you are saying Jon liked to burn the dead it's to stop them from becoming, I think the word was waites or weights that are under the control of the White Walkers. That is way the Rangers that are left will burn Jon's body to save him and not give the WW any more solders.
I would not bet that GRRM is reading any of this stuff to use in any book. As for me I only take from the history in the book to make predictions on whats next.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It's all a guess .. given Haringtons high visibility during Season 5 on the talk show circuit, etc, maybe he was in Belfast, maybe he was there to just add fuel to the fire .. maybe he was not there at all .. all I know is, when Season 6 starts filming, it's about impossible to hide the cast from everyone all of the time .. and what's a Jon Snow pic on set or in the area worth to the tabloids these days .. ?? If he shows up for real, it will be a media mob ..
Yes, true - but I don't think it will happen. It's obvious the "Game part is over" and TV script is taking over. I wish it were not so, but recent history is reliable.

Sometimes I think GRRM has it in for the viewer and loves the TV "Diversion" away from his next "Book?" assuming he ever finishes the damn thing. Jury's Still out on that. I wouldn't argue against ego/money/fame ruining this series - TV or book.

Last edited by thedeskE; 06-19-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:37 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 243
We are pretty much relying on the show guys to tell this story from this point on, I have faith they can do an admirable job. They have done fine so far.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Old 06-19-2015, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
If you are saying Jon liked to burn the dead it's to stop them from becoming, I think the word was waites or weights that are under the control of the White Walkers. That is way the Rangers that are left will burn Jon's body to save him and not give the WW any more solders.
Nah - I was referring to the Red God, the Lord of Light's penchant for having Melisandre burn everyone (the old hand in Season 2? when we first meet Melisandre, Mance & Shireen this year). Maybe he's looking for a chosen one to be reborn from fire?

But yes, Jon was burning the dead to prevent them from becoming Wights. Seems wise & does seem probable that the Watch may put a torch to Jon to start season 6, at least if he's not resurrected first...

Old 06-19-2015, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 813 Post(s)
Liked: 586
I haven't read the books, so I am probably way off base here, but I think there is going to be a good Red Fire Army of dead that fights against the evil White Ice Army of the dead. The White Walkers would be damn near invincible if they simply can keep adding to their army with the dead. It seemed like even the ones they beat down, still resurrected at Hardhome. In fact, the only one that seemed to "died" was one of the four horseman Jon hit with Longclaw. It would certainly give greater meaning to "All men must die". Maybe Jon Snow comes back as the Fire King and can start reclaiming the dead for the "good" side. So will we see Jon, Stanis, Ygritte, etc all back again?
Old 06-19-2015, 07:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post
Thus the smile - AM POS - The irony now is hilarious. That or the score for the commercial, which gets me goin' every time

When it ran well, it was, in all honesty, a great car .. smooth, quiet, great on the highway, very comfortable and stylish for the time ... 400 cubic inches of Detroit muscle ..

Quote:
Yes, true - but I don't think it will happen. It's obvious the "Game part is over" and TV script is taking over. I wish it were not so, but recent history is reliable.

Sometimes I think GRRM has it in for the viewer and loves the TV "Diversion" away from his next "Book?" assuming he ever finishes the damn thing. Jury's Still out on that. I wouldn't argue against ego/money/fame ruining this series - TV or book.
I can safely tell you that B&W will have full access to the current complete draft of Book 6 .. and the prime problem with GRRM besides fame and fortune is his personal need to top himself ..
thedeskE likes this.

Uncle Willie

Old 06-20-2015, 04:18 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post
me too...in 1977.
My '77 was a Pontiac Grand Prix and I loved everything about that car despite having only regular cow leather instead of the Corinthian variety.

I've only read this thread starting from after this year's HBO finale, so it may have been mentioned - but is the show caught up on the status of all the direwolves, or do we know more from the books?

Last edited by CPanther95; 06-20-2015 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
My '77 was a Pontiac Grand Prix and I loved everything about that car despite having only regular cow leather instead of the Corinthian variety.

I've only read this thread starting from after this year's HBO finale, so it may have been mentioned - but is the show caught up on the status of all the direwolves, or do we know more from the books?
The rare Corinthian Cow was near extinction after the Cordoba debut, and much of that has been blamed on Ricardo Montalban

The Direwolves have really been shuffled to the sidelines .. I think Ghost made a tiny appearance this season .. book wise, Nymeria is suspected as leading a pack that has no fear of humans .. a pack of hundreds of wolves around the Riverlands and the Trident .. Shaggydog is still with Rickon .. Summer is still with Bran .. Ghost did have a larger role in the book than on the show, although it was still not a lot ..

I suspect the lack of more CGI direwolf may just be another indication of budget contraints on the show ..

Uncle Willie

Old 06-20-2015, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The Direwolves have really been shuffled to the sidelines .. I think Ghost made a tiny appearance this season .. book wise, Nymeria is suspected as leading a pack that has no fear of humans .. a pack of hundreds of wolves around the Riverlands and the Trident .. Shaggydog is still with Rickon .. Summer is still with Bran .. Ghost did have a larger role in the book than on the show, although it was still not a lot ..

I suspect the lack of more CGI direwolf may just be another indication of budget contraints on the show ..
Hope they stick for many more epps - Love the way they developed Bran's connection in the first season
Old 06-20-2015, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The rare Corinthian Cow was near extinction after the Cordoba debut, and much of that has been blamed on Ricardo Montalban
And I thought it was just B&llSht.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Forgive me if this has been posted before but I just ran across it:
It's Cold Play's Game of Thrones Musical.
Gooddoc and mthomas47 like this.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I haven't seen it, so I thank you!
Old 06-21-2015, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
OMG! 2 of you! I'm so sorry, but Khan would never except such a POS with his superior intellect. Right?
I lived on the coast then...lots of fog...paint started oxidizing within a month, within 20k miles I was having mechanical problems within a year I fishtailed over 4 lanes on the Bay Bridge and told the insurance company to total the car...they refused...it was leased, so I allowed a voluntary repo rather than make another payment. Was really a nice ride for about 3 weeks...lol.
thedeskE likes this.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I hope they bring JS back somehow. Just when his character was making progress BAM. The writers I am sure are talking with Martin I am sure to stay within the confines of where he is taking the stories but damn. I just want the Starks to get a little damn revenge on some folks!
Old 06-23-2015, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG View Post
I hope they bring JS back somehow. Just when his character was making progress BAM. The writers I am sure are talking with Martin I am sure to stay within the confines of where he is taking the stories but damn. I just want the Starks to get a little damn revenge on some folks!
They had that conversation long ago, but think they would tell us, nope and I am glad because if we know all why watch. What ever happens it will make us happy or sad but that sure beats board. I would like to see that young prince of Dorne, Trystane I think, go back and whack that bitch Ellaria Sand head off then tell his dad about it. Then after that go to KL as the rep of Dorne. I am sure they have anther young Lannister or Baratheon girl to fill in for Myrcella. ant't gona happen
Old 06-23-2015, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
They had that conversation long ago, but think they would tell us, nope and I am glad because if we know all why watch. What ever happens it will make us happy or sad but that sure beats board. I would like to see that young prince of Dorne, Trystane I think, go back and whack that bitch Ellaria Sand head off then tell his dad about it. Then after that go to KL as the rep of Dorne. I am sure they have anther young Lannister or Baratheon girl to fill in for Myrcella. ant't gona happen
Taking out Lord Walder Frey might bring a little satisfaction.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG View Post
Taking out Lord Walder Frey might bring a little satisfaction.
Not much, he is to ugly to put in out of his suffering, I do not think Arya would give him the gift, let him suffer.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:12 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
We knew all and still watch. It's enjoyment to see some written work brought to life.

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com