'Rookie Blue' on ABC HD. - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 66 Old 08-09-2014, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I'm still enjoying this show and look forward to seeing it as part of my summer viewing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 08-09-2014, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I missed part of episode 8 due to a Presidential announcement that could have waited for the 11 PM news. There was a discontinuity when they cut away/cut back to the show but less than the 10 min or so for the announcement. Then ABC apparently let the episode overrun to finish, but my DVR cutoff. And, damn ABC won't let me view it for 8 days.
post #63 of 66 Old 08-10-2014, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS-MI View Post
I missed part of episode 8 due to a Presidential announcement that could have waited for the 11 PM news. There was a discontinuity when they cut away/cut back to the show but less than the 10 min or so for the announcement. Then ABC apparently let the episode overrun to finish, but my DVR cutoff. And, damn ABC won't let me view it for 8 days.
Same thing happened in my market but because we enjoy the show so much and not a whole lot else to watch we started watching it <30 minutes into the program. Luckily nothing else was set to record on my Tivo so after watching RB I just went to the beginning of my Tivos 30 minute buffer and was able to finish it that way
post #64 of 66 Old 08-26-2014, 07:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Wow, no traffic in this thread. An excellent series and no discussion.

I did catch a major flaw in the first of two episodes this past Thursday. The bomb squad guy told Collins that he could not cut the wires to the blasting cap. Unless my knowledge of blasting caps is way off, all he had to do was cut the wires, or just one of the two, to the blasting cap. Blasting caps are safe as long as they to do receive the required voltage, and current, to set them off. Blasting caps to not self ignite when the wire(s) is(are) cut. Oops.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #65 of 66 Old Yesterday, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post
Wow, no traffic in this thread. An excellent series and no discussion.

I did catch a major flaw in the first of two episodes this past Thursday. The bomb squad guy told Collins that he could not cut the wires to the blasting cap. Unless my knowledge of blasting caps is way off, all he had to do was cut the wires, or just one of the two, to the blasting cap. Blasting caps are safe as long as they to do receive the required voltage, and current, to set them off. Blasting caps to not self ignite when the wire(s) is(are) cut. Oops.
Yeah, this show has to be popular or ABC wouldn't keep bringing it back year after year. I look forward to seeing it each summer and always hate to see the time when the finale rolls around. At this point "Rookie Blue" seems somewhat of a misnomer, but that's a really minor "flaw" and in no way lessens my enjoyment of the series.
post #66 of 66 Old Today, 04:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 86
The screwup with the blasting cap also did not lessen my enjoyment of the episode.

There were 13 episodes produced for the season, yet Canada is not airing the last two this season, which means that ABC isn't either. They are being held over for next season.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page