post #91 of 277 Old 09-09-2010, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

"24" was a kiddie cartoon in comparison, not even in the same universe as "Rubicon".

Well, 24 was a different type of show in that it was much more commercial and action oriented, and only gave a passing nod to intelligence gathering and realistic protocal.

However, calling it a "kiddie cartoon" compared to Rubican is not a fair comparison. When 24 was at it's finest, it was one of the most exciting shows on TV. (Well, except for the mountain lion thing.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 277 Old 09-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post

Well, 24 was a different type of show in that it was much more commercial and action oriented, and only gave a passing nod to intelligence gathering and realistic protocol.

However, calling it a "kiddie cartoon" compared to Rubican is not a fair comparison. When 24 was at it's finest, it was one of the most exciting shows on TV. (Well, except for the mountain lion thing.)

Repeat after me, "There was no mountain lion" - it was a group hallucination. That was never part of the show.

In any case, I agree that you can't compare 24 and Rubicon - they are completely different types of shows.
post #93 of 277 Old 09-10-2010, 12:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Critic's Notes
How 'Rubicon' became much more than a conspiracy thriller
By Alan Sepinwall, HitFlix.com - September 10th, 2010

"I want to know what it all means," insists "Rubicon" hero Will Travers (James Badge Dale) late in the conspiracy thriller's next episode (Sunday at 9 p.m., AMC).

"It means you're getting closer," Will is told.

Ordinarily, that kind of exchange on a puzzle show like this would drive me nuts. (It reminded me of half the conversations Jack and Juliet had while he was a prisoner at the start of "Lost" season three.) The more we see of series that are built around withholding information from the main characters and the audience, the less patience I have for them.

And yet even though I'm still not sure if "Rubicon" knows where it's going, it's quickly become one of my favorite dramas on television. And before I get too bogged down in the launch of all the broadcast network shows, I wanted to throw a little love at "Rubicon" for the benefit of those of you not reading the weekly episode reviews (because you're likely not watching).

Like I said, this show should be setting off alarm bells left and right for me. The creator, Jason Horwitch, left after the pilot over creative differences, which generally doesn't sound like a recipe for success for a show as story-driven as this one. The pace is incredibly slow - like one of the '70s films like "The Parallax View" or "The Conversation" that inspired it, only with the plot stretched out over 13 hours - and there's one subplot in particular, involving Miranda Richardson as a wealthy widow looking into the circumstances of her husband's suicide, that moves even more glacially, and only occasionally feels connected to the rest of the series. Eight episodes in (counting Sunday's episode), I'm as in the dark about what the big conspiracy is about as Will is, and I have a more omniscient view of this world than he does.

But Henry Bromell, who took over as showrunner from Horwitch, has done a lot of very smart things. First, he reconceived the show's workplace setting, the American Policy Institute, from an amorphous think tank into an independent part of the American intelligence community, which considerably raises the stakes of the conspiracy, and which allows some of the show's non-conspiracy stories to have greater weight. One of the more memorable episodes of the season saw the members of Will's team - Grant (Christopher Evan Welch), Miles (Dallas Roberts) and Tanya (Lauren Hodges) - having to issue a ruling on whether a terror suspect should be assassinated with a remote drone, and Sunday's episode sees Miles and Tanya conscripted into a related operation taking place in an undisclosed location where another terrorist is suffering through an "enhanced interrogation." By making API a part of the larger spy world, Bromell has created the framework for the series to easily tell compelling stories that don't have anything to do with the main arc (or at least don't seem to), and to keep the series going whenever Will finally unravels the big mystery.

Along similar lines, those standalone stories have helped make all the characters deeper and more engaging. Where a lot of these shows (I'm looking in your direction, "FlashForward") fall down is in dwelling so much on the mechanics of the big story that they give us no reason to care about any of the people trapped inside it. James Badge Dale stood out even in the pilot - he's so good at looking twitchy and/or angry that he's the perfect leading man for this kind of story (someone ought to clone him to appear in future versions of it many decades from now) - but through the course of watching them work, we've gotten to know the other people at API very well. As Kale Ingram, the boss who claims to be helping Will but whose motives remain unclear, Arliss Howard has been fantastic, all casual menace and unexpected charm. (Sunday's episode is a big one for Kale.) The three members of the team are all illustrating in different ways how this kind of work can easily drive anyone crazy, and I relish every carefully-chosen pause in the dialogue of API's Dick Cheney-esque leader, Truxton Spangler (Michael Cristofer).

Third, Bromell brought in Michael Slovis, the genius director of photography of AMC's "Breaking Bad," and Slovis has turned the show's lower Manhattan setting (including the API building itself, which is a real office building overlooking the East River that the production took over) into a disturbing character itself. As with "Breaking Bad," this is a show that looks so good I'd watch it even if the actual storytelling was a snooze - which it thankfully isn't.

Again, the key to making this kind of show work is to make sure that the parts that have nothing to do with the mystery are so strong on their own that viewers won't feel ripped off if the solution isn't wholly satisfactory. I didn't love the direction "Lost" went in its final season, but that series had so much to offer - the characters, the action and suspense, the imagery and comedy and more - that I never felt like I had just wasted six years watching it.

I'm fully prepared for "Rubicon" to not stick this landing. I have no idea if Bromell knows what Horwitch's plan was, or if he cares, or if I'll ultimately care when I find out what Spangler and his shadow cabinet are up to. But I've come to enjoy this world - the characters and the look and the atmosphere - so much that I'll accept it if the whole crossword puzzle thing is ultimately a bust.

And I'll hope that AMC can overlook the so-so ratings and order a second season. The parts of "Rubicon" that work are too good to give up on out of fear over the parts that might not.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...iracy-thriller
post #94 of 277 Old 09-10-2010, 01:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 396
dad -- Thanks for posting the review. It is a relief to know that there is a critic out there who is as puzzled by the show's story arc, if any, as I am but also is enjoying it as much as I am.
post #95 of 277 Old 09-13-2010, 05:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^ Two critics actually. From Fredfa's "HOTP" thread at the top of 'HDTV Programming' thread:

TV Notes
'Rubicon' Is the Addictive Anti-'24'
By Maureen Ryan, AOL.com - September 13th, 2010

Until recently, I was ambivalent about AMC's 'Rubicon,' but the last couple of episodes have turned me into a solid fan. Sunday's episode and the Sept. 5 outing didn't just have the effective atmosphere, excellent acting and memorable characterizations I'd come to expect.

In the last couple of weeks, the pace notably quickened as well, and the show featured the kind of multi-layered, ambiguous yet compelling storytelling that is that hallmark of AMC's flagship dramas, 'Mad Men' and 'Breaking Bad.' Star James Badge Dale had a featured arc in the third season of '24,' another intelligence-oriented drama, but 'Rubicon' is the show that has really allowed the actor to shine.

Normally I'm all about the mythology, and it's good that 'Rubicon' finally seems to have gotten a handle on the show's overarching conspiracy, which seems a lot less opaque now.

And while it does need some kind of story engine to keep it perking along, lest it become the Show About People Who Stare Out Windows, 'Rubicon' actually works best as a nuanced, subtly observed and wonderfully acted character drama.

So many dramas have trouble creating characters that feel specific and real, but 'Rubicon's' done a stellar job in that department. Sure, there's a hydra-headed conspiracy afoot and a cabal of wealthy men probably doing terrible things, but I really care about whether the brilliant but broken retired analyst Ed will go completely off the rails. I want to see what weirdly ominous pronouncement Truxton Spangler will make next. I'm wondering about Kale Ingram and what he's really after and why he thinks Will can get it for him.

There are so many questions of trust that reverberate through every episode. Can the analysts trust the data in front of them? Can the API employees trust each other? Themselves?

In the past few years, shows about people who work in intelligence have proliferated like crazy and there are more coming down the pike this fall. But very few of them show the personal and emotional cost of having this kind of information inside one's head.

For people who are at all sensitive or thoughtful -- as API employees Will (James Badge Dale), Tanya (Lauren Hodges), Miles (Dallas Roberts) and even Grant (Christopher Evan Welch) are -- the sheer weight of the information they process, as well the consequences of the decisions they make, eventually burns a hole in their soul.

The evidence isn't hard to see -- Tanya drinks and takes drugs to forget the things she reads and thinks about, and I'd bet more substance abuse is ahead after what she saw in Sunday's episode. The look on her face says she will never forget the image of the terrorist being tortured by Jordanian operatives. She stays and she does her job, but it costs her part of her soul.

Miles is extraordinarily good at his job and more able to keep himself steady in difficult situations like that, but he can barely admit that he's lost his family, and it's not hard to surmise that his job had something to do with the split. It's not like you can leave the job at work (though he learned the hard way that you really shouldn't take files home). The one thing that Miles is really good at has put a wedge between him and the people he cares about most.

Will also throws himself into the job rather than face his empty personal life. And while Grant still has an intact family unit, his polygraph results deeply unsettled him. Apparently he's already mentally committed infidelity, all that remains is for him to get around to the actual deed. If the staff is searching for role models, Kale (the terrific Arliss Howard) isn't exactly someone to look up to. He's efficient, but scary-efficient. He doesn't seem quite human on some level, and is that any way to live?

All these people have given up part of themselves to do something really difficult -- to find patterns and clues about the threats to America. What 'Rubicon' makes clear is their analysis comes at a price. This isn't Jack Bauer kicking down doors, but it's every bit as gripping as that, if not moreso, given the ambiguous yet urgent nature of their jobs and the layers of fluctuating trust among the characters.

The Sept. 5 episode, which had the FBI investigating a leak, recalled the Aug. 15 episode, 'The Outsider,' in which the group had to decide whether a certain terrorist target should be bombed (collateral damage among innocent civilians would be unavoidable). Both episodes had self-contained elements that wrapped up by the end of the hour, and both focused intently the effect of those situations on the characters. In the case of the Sept. 5 episode, the leak was a MacGuffin that allowed us to see Miles' nerves over the lost file, Tanya's jitters over her drug test, and the group's profound relief at being able to focus on their most recent case in order to get their minds off everything else.

In Sunday's episode, when Miles and Tanya debated the implications of what they were doing at that rendition site, their conversation had a moral urgency that is often missing from shows about intelligence work. It wasn't always the case, but '24' eventually fell into a pattern of showing Jack's "whatever it takes" methods to be the right ones.

Knowing as much as they do, Miles and Tanya can't see everything as black and white. They certainly know more than most of us do about the evil that people are capable of, and they are willing to live with the decisions they make about the responses to those threats. But they also know that they themselves and the people being investigated are usually pawns in much bigger games. Smiling Bob from the CIA wasn't exactly telling them the whole truth about anything.

I don't mean to beat up on '24' too much; it certainly worked as both a character drama and an adventure serial for a surprising number of years. Yet the Fox show's increasingly simplistic answers to complex questions was problematic (though its biggest problem was that it simply repeated the same kinds of situations and threats too many times). And it showed what his job cost Jack, though in later seasons, that aspect of the show got melodramatic to the point of tediousness.

Another issue was that over time, '24' killed off a lot of good characters and left its lead character increasingly isolated and alone, whereas in 'Rubicon,' you sense that Will would very much like to make a real connection with another person, not just connect the dots of fiendishly difficult intelligence puzzles. Like 'Burn Notice,' 'Rubicon' wisely realizes that the stakes only matter when the hero's family (biological or otherwise) is under threat.

If I have one concern about 'Rubicon,' it's that I'm not sure where it would go if it gets another season. The conspiracy that Will is investigating appears to be very insidious indeed. Would they continue to tolerate a Mulder in their midst? It seems doubtful, as doubtful as the idea that Will and Kale could bring down such a powerful and connected cabal.

Having said that, 'Rubicon' has developed to an addictive character drama, and if the writing keeps up with the abilities of the stellar cast as the rest of season 1 unfolds, it'll be well worth our while. If the show continues to focus on fussy Grant, lost Tanya, twitchy but lovable Miles, chilly Kale, scary/weird Truxton and brooding, evasive Will, I'll keep watching.

The secrets they choose to keep and reveal are getting more interesting by the week.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/09/13/rubicon/
post #96 of 277 Old 09-14-2010, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Another great episode last night, the show is getting paced faster as we go on, even if its still slow compared to the other shows on TV. I thought it was really interesting that the wife got the boyhood picture with the four leaf clover on the back , she may be one of the next to go as she was digging too much.
post #97 of 277 Old 09-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Another great episode last night, the show is getting paced faster as we go on, even if its still slow compared to the other shows on TV. I thought it was really interesting that the wife got the boyhood picture with the four leaf clover on the back , she may be one of the next to go as she was digging too much.

I thought he was giving her a clue and not a warning. He was getting a bit spooked by whoever was watching him.
post #98 of 277 Old 09-14-2010, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottenst View Post

I thought he was giving her a clue and not a warning. He was getting a bit spooked by whoever was watching him.

Clue\\Warning, the "group" as Ill call them were wondering how she was and if she was still digging. If she gets to close she might be dealt with. The Clover is the warning symbol to those that know it, as everyone so far whos gotten it has either comitted suicide or been killed. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
post #99 of 277 Old 09-20-2010, 07:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I really enjoyed this week's episode. Annie Parisse, as Will's neighbor Andy, is a welcome addition to the cast. I hope she stays around for awhile. Andy seems to be as weird as Kale Ingram and Truxton Spangler, which is saying something. This episode, like many of the others is packed with clues, which may be genuine or may be red herrings. Anyway, I am enjoying the show and look forward to what will be coming.
post #100 of 277 Old 09-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I wonder if Spangler had anything to do with Grant's wife's job loss. Looks like he wants to use Grant to spy on Will.

post #101 of 277 Old 09-20-2010, 12:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 316
I'm beginning to think that the subject of the team's focus, this Iranian businessman/terrorist or whatever he/she is, is all tied in with what the shadow group is doing. Doing the intelligence work for the government, but using it for their own benefit as well, even to the point of killing people to manipulate events to their gain.
post #102 of 277 Old 09-20-2010, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I really enjoyed this week's episode. Annie Parisse, as Will's neighbor Andy, is a welcome addition to the cast. I hope she stays around for awhile.

I first thought Will's neighbor was working for the "bad guys" as one of the surveillance people keeping tabs on him.

Great show, I'm really enjoying it.

Larry

I thought we were cool de la?
post #103 of 277 Old 09-22-2010, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL3HD View Post

I first thought Will's neighbor was working for the "bad guys" as one of the surveillance people keeping tabs on him.

I'm still not sure she doesn't.
post #104 of 277 Old 09-23-2010, 03:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

I'm beginning to think that the subject of the team's focus, this Iranian businessman/terrorist or whatever he/she is, is all tied in with what the shadow group is doing. Doing the intelligence work for the government, but using it for their own benefit as well, even to the point of killing people to manipulate events to their gain.

Your not the only one to think this . Especially with the meeting they showed them playing both sides of the fence. I said almost the same exxact thing to my Fiancee after watching the past two weeks back to back so that she could see them.

Quote:

Great show, I'm really enjoying it.

I agree that she may still be working with someone, she kind of brushed off the intruder and the gun a little too easily for someone who really doesnt know Will at all.
post #105 of 277 Old 09-25-2010, 10:01 AM

Seeing James Badge Dale with Annie Parisse gave me a "Pacific" flashback, not that I minded. Another terrific episode, I'm glad I gave this show a chance.
post #106 of 277 Old 09-26-2010, 09:18 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Same here. Question now is: Does Will also think she is part of the surveillance team, and is he working her for more intelligence?

jdg
post #107 of 277 Old 09-27-2010, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Another great episode, the show is really turning up the suspense as the season comes to a close.
post #108 of 277 Old 09-29-2010, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
This is really and truly a fine show. May be too slow moving and dark and complicated for most people to get into it, but the writing is wonderful, the actors are appealing, the suspense is genuine, the story is fascinating, and there's something about the acting of James Badge Dale that makes me think he's going to be a major actor for a long time.
post #109 of 277 Old 09-29-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson View Post

This is really and truly a fine show. May be too slow moving and dark and complicated for most people to get into it, but the writing is wonderful, the actors are appealing, the suspense is genuine, the story is fascinating, and there's something about the acting of James Badge Dale that makes me think he's going to be a major actor for a long time.

+1. Nailed it.
post #110 of 277 Old 09-29-2010, 01:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I agree that for those of us who are being patient with Rubicon it is getting better and better. I love the ambiguity of so many of its characters. The last episode's revelation of just how ruthless Truxton Spangler is willing to be made my hair stand on end. I think that Michael Cristofer's performances as Spangler have been stunning. Of course, the writing wasn't half bad, either. By the way, Cristofer is just one of several Broadway people who appear in the show.
post #111 of 277 Old 10-01-2010, 07:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Critic's Notes
Six Reasons to Save 'Rubicon'
By Maureen Ryan, AOL.com

Enough with the angst about 'Lone Star,' a short-lived Fox drama about a deceptive man.

Instead, let's direct our energies at saving 'Rubicon' (9PM ET Sunday, AMC), a complex drama that also examines truth, lies and trust. 'Rubicon,' a gripping combination of character drama and espionage thriller, has emerged as one of 2010's best shows.

I've seen the next two episodes of 'Rubicon,' and I wouldn't dream of revealing any of the classified contents of those hours. But they're terrific.

The bottom line is, I'll be tremendously disappointed if this show doesn't get a second season. Here are six (non-spoilery) reasons to watch and save 'Rubicon':

6. Truxton Spangler is one of the greatest TV names of all time.

Come on, say it out loud: "Truxton Spangler, Truxton Spangler, Truxton Spangler." It's fun to say! And the character, as played by the terrific Michael Cristofer, reminds me of a boss I once had, a long time ago -- a WASP who was socially inept, self-absorbed, fearsomely connected and sharp as a whip. He was the eccentric boss we could all tell stories about for hours, but the key difference between him and Spangler was that I knew my former boss had a good heart. Truxton's, I fear, is a solid chunk of black granite. And Truxton, who's the head of an intelligence agency called API, is just one of 'Rubicon's' many memorable characters.

5. It is one of the most distinctive-looking shows on TV.

Many have said that the TV is consistently better than film these days, and AMC's 'Mad Men,' 'Breaking Bad' and now 'Rubicon' -- which have different aesthetic styles -- all supply backing for that claim. Michael Slovis, 'Breaking Bad's' outstanding director of photography, helmed the Oct. 10 episode of 'Rubicon,' and it's a beautifully crafted melange of the sepia tones, unsettling angles and evocative compositions that have made the spy drama stand out from the cable crowd. Not only that, Slovis and his fellow 'Rubicon' directors shot New York City -- one of the most filmed cities of all time -- in a fresh way that reflects the isolation and paranoia that the characters feel.

4. Kale Ingram is one of the best TV characters of all time.

As the manager of a bunch of twitchy intelligence analysts, Ingram -- 'Rubicon's' Ben Linus -- is the epitome of cool, resourceful control. Yet Arliss Howard gives him so many levels that you believe that the enigmatic Ingram does actually stand for something, even though you're never quite sure what that something is. Just watching this guy sweep his apartment for listening devices is somehow fascinating.

3. These aren't the same old spy stories.

On other shows, operations take place in glamorous foreign locales, high-tech devices and/or fisticuffs save the day and information is available with the swoosh of a computer mouse. 'Rubicon' manages to build excitement around what API's scruffy, office-bound analysts do all day -- they sift through mountains of files, records and clippings to make educated guesses about what very bad people might do in the future. It took a few episode for 'Rubicon' to find ways to make that exciting, but now the sight of Miles running through the halls holding an important document is more exciting than an explosion on '24.'

2. All the characters are fascinating.

As I said in a previous feature about 'Rubicon,' the show is often at its best when it is depicting the toll that the job takes on these analysts. You want people with compassion, determination and intelligence to do these kinds of difficult jobs, but all those qualities get worn down by the constant knowledge that a wrong guess could leave innocent people dead. API staffers Tanya (Lauren Hodges), Miles (Dallas Roberts), Grant (Christopher Evan Welch) and Will (James Badge Dale) deal with this pressure in different ways, and each survival method ends up being intriguing to watch, thanks to the show's great writing and the finely detailed work of the cast.

1. The show figured out what it's good at midway through season 1, and it deserves a chance to hone those skills in a second season.

Executive producer Henry Bromell said in this feature that the show would recalibrate things slightly in a potential second season, focusing a bit more on week-to-week stories rather than an overarching, season-long mystery. Given how well 'Rubicon' is acquitting itself now, it deserves a chance to impress us even more next year.

And Robert Seidman of TV by the Numbers, my go-to site for analysis of Neilsen ratings, says my hopes for 'Rubicon' aren't entirely unrealistic. To be clear, they're somewhat unrealistic -- 'Rubicon's' ratings have not been great, and Seidman didn't seem to think a renewal was likely. But he didn't rule out the idea of the show getting a second season.

Here's what Seidman said when I asked him if the low-rated 'Rubicon' had a chance of coming back:

"Cable shows are hard to predict because there are so many different variables from network to network," Seidman wrote. "If 'Rubicon' was on USA, TNT or FX with those ratings, I don't think it would stand a chance of being renewed. Without a ratings turnaround, I'd bet against 'Rubicon' being renewed, even on AMC. But since it is on AMC, hoping that it has a puncher's chance isn't completely insane.

"Separately, I wonder if the performance of 'Walking Dead' [which premieres on AMC Oct. 31] will influence AMC's decision," Seidman continued. "I'm guessing 'Walking Dead' will wind up AMC's highest-rated original ever. But if it pulls only a 0.4 adults 18-49 rating, the 0.2 'Rubicon' has typically been pulling might not look as bad."

If you want to support 'Rubicon,' watch the show. Tell your friends to watch it. Watch it quickly if you use your DVR to record it. Send an email to AMC at amccustomerservice@rainbow-media.com telling the network you want it to come back.

You can also Tweet and Facebook your love. Hit up your favorite message boards and tell the world to spy on Will, Truxton and the rest of the API gang. Networks monitor social media and the Web, and that kind of buzz is really important to the survival of cable shows.

If you have creative suggestions on how to help 'Rubicon,' leave them in the comment area!

I will now resume work on today's New York Times crossword puzzle. Curse you, 'Rubicon,' for re-addicting me to those!

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/09/30/rubicon/
post #112 of 277 Old 10-01-2010, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Pretty much agree with all of the above......This show isnt for everyone, but it IS great TV, minus the few reality checks we have discussed here. Hopefully it sticks around for another season.
post #113 of 277 Old 10-01-2010, 08:46 AM
AVS Club Gold

I hope it does too, it's intelligent, high quality TV, something that's becoming increasingly rare these days.
post #114 of 277 Old 10-01-2010, 08:54 AM

As long as it ends gracefully instead of getting the plug yanked out of it midway through a story arc, I don't care how long it lasts. However, I would prefer it last as long as possible!
post #115 of 277 Old 10-02-2010, 06:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I have really enjoyed Rubicon and hope that it gets picked up for a second season. It is smart and, as the AOL.com critic said, is filled with great characters, particularly Truxton Spangler and Kale Ingram. The demise of Lone Star was predictable and perhaps deserved. Rubicon, though, is an exponentially better show so I hope it doesn't suffer the same fate.
post #116 of 277 Old 10-04-2010, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Wow, last nights episode really moved things into high gear. The final two episodes this season should be nail bitters.
post #117 of 277 Old 10-04-2010, 05:41 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

Wow, last nights episode really moved things into high gear. The final two episodes this season should be nail bitters.

Indeed, this show has done a perfect job of ramping up the story and the suspense that goes with it through it's run so far, an outstanding job.
post #118 of 277 Old 10-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
One of my favorite shows. Rubicon is really fascinating because it has the ability to engage and suck you into the world of espionage, lies, secrets etc without even telling you anything. Everything is basically a smoke screen on the show but it is all done so well. We really have not uncovered much about anything or anybody but it hooks you so well. AMC nailed it again with this show and I have no doubt it will be back for Season 2.
post #119 of 277 Old 10-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Love, love, love this show. So well acted and well written. This has become one of my favorite shows this season.
post #120 of 277 Old 10-05-2010, 04:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Holy crap, where are they going to go with this now?? Will can't just waltz into API and pretend that nothing happened, Kale and Will know that Truxton and friends are behind everything, so what's left?

OK, Kateb and the terrorist plot, but what else? Truxton dying or getting removed somehow? That's the only play I see to keep this going at API. What an intense ep this was.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page