'Nikita' on The CW HD - Page 12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 446 Old 05-20-2012, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 247
I'm having a hard time accepting how the show will go on without Percy. I doubt they'll be able to replicate his effect, but I'm hoping that what they have in store for season 3 will somehow overshadow it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 446 Old 05-20-2012, 02:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 382
I agree that Percy's death was in some ways disappointing. I loved the guy! He was a liar, cheat, and stone killer but he was a charming, funny fellow nonetheless. Percy did need killin', though. The Bitch Goddess Amanda does less for me. She's sexy but she certainly isn't funny very often.
post #333 of 446 Old 05-20-2012, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

... The Bitch Goddess Amanda does less for me. She's sexy but she certainly isn't funny very often.

As my wife said, Percy was evil, Amanda's just a bitch
post #334 of 446 Old 05-20-2012, 03:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 496
I don't know who I'm going to miss more, Percy or uber assassin Roan. He reminded me of those super villains from the Bond movies who just can't be killed. It did look like he had a tinge of remorse right there at the end as he was setting his plutonium charge to commit mass murder. Too little, too late buddy.

It seemed to me Percy went out a little too cocky. He really had no more cards to play there at the end, so why did he attack Nikita, in front of all those Marines? What could he have hoped to gain at that point? An honorable death?

My guess is next year Amanda takes center stage again as she tries to resurrect Division, or Gogol just becomes the Division stand-in with Amanda and Tasarov stepping in for Percy. Glad we get another season - this show is one of my guilty pleasures.
post #335 of 446 Old 05-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Are we sure Percy is dead?? It's TV, weirder things have happened.. Percy is great, he was mutttering the whole time, shot the Marine and said he was in a hurry... Come on... He was getting into the the Great "Habib Marwan" from 24 territory as a great bad guy..
Roan is one tough guy, he kicked "The Seal's" A**, and happily broke an arm. Glad Nikita is coming back although it will be on at the same time as Fringe.... HMMM, which one to watch first???
post #336 of 446 Old 05-20-2012, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

My guess is next year Amanda takes center stage again as she tries to resurrect Division, or Gogol just becomes the Division stand-in with Amanda and Tasarov stepping in for Percy.

While I'm sure Amanda will (sadly) take up some of the slack left by Percy's death, I have a feeling Percy's accomplice will play a role, too. I doubt Captain Eyebrows will be able to fill his shoes, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post

Are we sure Percy is dead?? It's TV, weirder things have happened..

If he had just fallen into the abyss, I would agree that they were probably going to bring him back, but looking at his bloodied body as he crashed through the glass of his containment cage seemed pretty final (not to mention symbolic) to me. Combined with the fact that he was largely absent from the beginning of the season (during his confinement) leads me to believe that Xander Berkeley was already looking for a way to exit the show, so he probably wanted the writers to kill Percy.

Either way, it looks like Percy's comment to Nikita about her inability to let Division go was true. He meant it in the context of him joining his new secret society buddies while Nikita felt rudderless in the wake of Division's destruction, and instead Nikita is stuck at Division trying to clean up the mess in the wake of Percy's own death. Poor Nikita, even in death, Percy still ensures that her struggle against Division continues.
post #337 of 446 Old 05-21-2012, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:

I don't know who I'm going to miss more, Percy or uber assassin Roan. ...Glad we get another season - this show is one of my guilty pleasures.

+1 on both!

Pure escapist fun but very enjoyable. The only current network show left I can watch. The wife is into Touch and it's a decent but slow paced drama - I think I can finally can enjoy it more with the corporate conspiracy angle being introduced

I thought this was a pretty good season finale for Nikita, setting the stage for Amanda's return. Glad it got renewed

Steve
post #338 of 446 Old 05-25-2012, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:

My guess is next year Amanda takes center stage again as she tries to resurrect Division, or Gogol just becomes the Division stand-in with Amanda and Tasarov stepping in for Percy. Glad we get another season - this show is one of my guilty pleasures.

it's not even a guilty pleasure I just love that show. I still can't believe Percy's gone. I liked him! Actually I liked how Xander Berkeley played it. When he was in his cage we got some cool Hannibal-Lecterian exchanges. Still it's nice to have that story arc somewhat closed. It makes room for some freshness which I'm looking forward too. Amanda is back and from we saw in the finale, she doesn't look too happy ...The dynamic will change and after all that's for the best I guess. Can't wait for next season!
post #339 of 446 Old 05-25-2012, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
The last few episodes were rapidly slipping into a leap to the totally implausible vs the earlier (and more interesting) somewhat explainable. The finale not only continued the total unbelievability (even in this leap-of-faith world) but expanded it. And, to top it off, the killing of Percy is equivalent to me of the killing of Batiatus in Spartacus. They took a non-star who blossomed and became a near-star on the sheer ability of his performance and character development and allowed him to be killed. Both Percy and Batiatus became more vital to the interest level than the original plan/characters and now that is gone. I predict the same fate for the show -gone after next year.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #340 of 446 Old 05-25-2012, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

The finale not only continued the total unbelievability (even in this leap-of-faith world) but expanded it. And, to top it off, the killing of Percy is equivalent to me of the killing of Batiatus in Spartacus.

The third season renewal notice of Nikita came very late- so the season two finale' was written as a possible series finale' just in case. The writers wanted to give some satisfaction to the loyal viewers- after all, is there even one episode where Nikita doesn't mention killing Percy as her ultimate goal? Thing is- they had to leave some opening for a next season if it was renewed, I think it was pretty cleverly done- all in all.

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #341 of 446 Old 05-25-2012, 11:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

The third season renewal notice of Nikita came very late- so the season two finale' was written as a possible series finale' just in case. The writers wanted to give some satisfaction to the loyal viewers- after all, is there even one episode where Nikita doesn't mention killing Percy as her ultimate goal? Thing is- they had to leave some opening for a next season if it was renewed, I think it was pretty cleverly done- all in all.

I think that's definitely the case. They've extended it somewhat unexpectedly, but in the only way they could. Next season likely will be the last.
post #342 of 446 Old 05-25-2012, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
I liked both Percy and Roan. They were great "villains". Not sure Amanda can fill those shoes. But I do enjoy this show. And Lyndsy Fonseca just keeps getting hotter with every episode.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #343 of 446 Old 05-25-2012, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

And Lyndsy Fonseca just keeps getting hotter with every episode.

So true!

post #344 of 446 Old 05-26-2012, 04:01 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I liked both Percy and Roan. They were great "villains".

Both irreplaceable. Despite their deaths, I believe they will have future appearances, in Season 3.

Quote:

Not sure Amanda can fill those shoes. But I do enjoy this show.

Regardless of how weak the character is compared to Percy, Amanda plays an intrical part of Nikita's past, present, and obviously future to come. Amanda is totally awesome, when she completely "loses it" and is out of her shell, opposite from her calm "Birds of Paradise" profile in Season 1. LOL

She surely gets a nomination, for "Best Bitch In A Television Series".

Quote:

And Lyndsy Fonseca just keeps getting hotter with every episode.

Not really into her AS MUCH, since she's out of her Season 1 element, all dolled up in her new Couture lifestyle. Now, she's just another rogue agent w/ available funds for resources, picking up where Birkhoff left off. For that, she'll probably be calling the shots more often, than usual. However, she's still got it.

I've also started to digg Sonya, since the beginning of Season 2.
post #345 of 446 Old 10-18-2012, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Nikita's finally coming back @ 9 P.M. biggrin.gif
post #346 of 446 Old 10-19-2012, 05:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

Nikita's finally coming back @ 9 P.M. biggrin.gif

Yea! Love this show; it's my guilty pleasure. And Lyndsy Fonseca has one of TV's best bodies, as has been mentioned. Like how her "change of circumstances" puts her into more revealing clothing. Does that make me a bad Percy-like person? redface.gif

I'll miss Rhone if he's really gone for good. Great villains have a way of surviving to menace another day, so maybe he's still around and even more scarred up now. tongue.gif
post #347 of 446 Old 10-19-2012, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

And Lyndsy Fonseca has one of TV's best bodies, as has been mentioned. Like how her "change of circumstances" puts her into more revealing clothing. Does that make me a bad Percy-like person? redface.gif
Yes!!

"But I didn't do it...!"
"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #348 of 446 Old 10-19-2012, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Did anyone else notice a change in the picture quality? Nikita always had top quality picture, very sharp and great contrast picture. Tonight the picture wasn't as sharp and the contrast was off. By off I mean washed out whites and too dark darks frown.gif Outdoor scenes looked good but indoor looked really quite poor.
I sure hope this isn't the future of Nikita.....picture quality was always one of my favorite parts, oh and no nothing has changed with my display or even station playing Nikita, other programs(even on the CW) look great.
I wonder if they switched how Nikita was filmed?
post #349 of 446 Old 10-20-2012, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe they had to return their old cameras for a reduced-budget third season? :P I'm still not sure how well this show will work with Percy gone. The premiere was good enough, but they could really use someone to help fill the hole that Percy left. One of Nikita's strong suits was its sense of mission and purpose, and now that sense of urgency is gone. I wonder if they will just leave the whole Evil League of Evil plot dangling, or if we'll see more of the group Percy was trying to join before his death.
post #350 of 446 Old 10-21-2012, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I mentioned several pages back that Nikita was shot to film, but wouldn't be surprised if that changed soon. They need to copy the digital visual style of Smallville. I've missed quite a few eps from last season to now, so I can't truly comment on pic quality changes.

"But I didn't do it...!"
post #351 of 446 Old 10-21-2012, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Whats odd is the outside shots looked very clear and had great contrast, just the interior shots that very sub par. Do you think some scenes may have been shot on film while others(inside) were shot on video?
Oh and I agree with some of the others, Percy is really missed, a show like Nikita really needs a villain and Percy was about as good as they come.
post #352 of 446 Old 10-21-2012, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

Whats odd is the outside shots looked very clear and had great contrast, just the interior shots that very sub par. Do you think some scenes may have been shot on film while others(inside) were shot on video?
Ha! Like the British used to do? I'll try and watch more this season.
biggrin.gif

"But I didn't do it...!"
post #353 of 446 Old 10-22-2012, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
The season premiere of Nikita scored what we believe is a series low 0.3 adults 18-49 rating, down 50% from a 0.6 for the last season premiere on September 23, 2011 and down 25% from a 0.4 for the season finale on May 18, 2012

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/10/20/tv-ratings-friday-shark-tank-hits-series-high-nikita-premieres-low-grimm-csi-ny-blue-bloods-down/154036/

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #354 of 446 Old 10-23-2012, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, we can't watch Nikita (or Vampire Diaries) via Cablevision in the NY area because of an ongoing carriage dispute between Tribune and Cablevision.
Cablevision has 3'000'000+ subscribers in the NY area... I'm sure that contributed to the low ratings.

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #355 of 446 Old 10-23-2012, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 275
...I liked the fresh start, sorta, of season 3. But I can't wait to see Amanda back (and while we're at it her russian boyfriend I don't remember his name). If the CIA dude keeps running things like he did here he's gonna get on my nerves real quick! tongue.gif I miss Percy already.
post #356 of 446 Old 10-23-2012, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I also hope Ari makes more appearances and that Peter Outerbridge's apparent involvement with Beauty and the Beast doesn't prevent him from maintaining a presence on Nikita this season.
post #357 of 446 Old 10-23-2012, 03:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Nice start to the new season. Nikita and Michael engaged, although I don't see the necessity unless they're going to off Michael at some point for dramatic purposes. If they were getting another season you know they'd play the preggers card. Now we need us some more Amanda! And Rhone, love that guy.

And how about Charlie frakkin' Jade! Whenever Jeffrey Pierce appears on TV (he was the dispatched villain last week), an angel gets its wings. Ironically, he appeared in a similar role in 'Alcatraz' last season -- as a former prisoner who came out of the cold and started causing trouble.
post #358 of 446 Old 10-23-2012, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
A decent episode to kick off the season. Although Birkoff kicked up the annoying meter a bit too high. I miss Percy.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #359 of 446 Old 10-24-2012, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Nice start to the new season....And how about Charlie frakkin' Jade! Whenever Jeffrey Pierce appears on TV (he was the dispatched villain last week)...
Oh yeah.... I knew I recognized him from somewhere! I only watched a few eps of Charlie Jade- the dude is awesome. He could have easily replaced Rhone as a cleaner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

If the CIA dude keeps running things like he did here he's gonna get on my nerves real quick! tongue.gif I miss Percy already.
If he continues like he did in the first ep- the relationship with Nikita will go south real quick!

post #360 of 446 Old 10-24-2012, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe they're setting him up for a slow decline into Percyism. I doubt they could pull that off in only one season, though.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page