post #421 of 446 Old 10-06-2013, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post

If you're like me and have been waiting eagerly for the premiere date of Nikita's final mission, it was finally announced yesterday. Nikita returns on November 22 and will run its last six episodes every Friday to conclude its run on December 27.
Nice! A guilty pleasure for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 446 Old 10-06-2013, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 373
I'm also curious to see how they'll handle the home video release for season four. The BD box "set" might be a single disc. tongue.gif I'll hope for two discs, though, as that would make more room for special features.
post #423 of 446 Old 11-21-2013, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Nikita returns at last tomorrow night for her final six missions! biggrin.gif
post #424 of 446 Old 11-22-2013, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

It's on my to do list, thats for sure :cool:

Speaking of Nikita, I sure miss Percy :( he really added to the show in a way that Amanda just doesn't cut it. I've been seeing the Percy actor on the Mentalist(as a crooked sheriff) and every time I see him I'm reminded of his time on Nikita. IMO his talents are kind of wasted in the Mentalist but thats for another thread.

post #425 of 446 Old 11-22-2013, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:

Nikita returns at last tomorrow night for her final six missions! biggrin.gif
Thanks!
It popped up on my Sickbeard "coming episodes" list this morning too....

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #426 of 446 Old 11-22-2013, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 331
I'm really looking forward to the fast & furious wrap-up! cool.gif
I've enjoyed this series.

Steve
post #427 of 446 Old 11-22-2013, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

I sure miss Percy frown.gif

I do, too, but I'm still thrilled that we get enough episodes for a proper ending. Having a six-episode final season seems pretty unprecedented to me.

I still wonder if Alexander Berkeley got a better offer to do another show, if he got tired of his role as Percy, or if he got written out. His reduced role in season 2 puzzled me, but I expect his death was the result of the haphazard way American networks handle cancellation notices: the writers wanted some kind of closure for season 2 (since the ratings were bad and they expected a cancellation notice), but they had to keep things open for a potential season 3. My guess is that had Nikita been renewed sooner, Percy wouldn't have died when he did, but who knows.
post #428 of 446 Old 12-04-2013, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow, no comments on the two new episodes (of the final six in the series) that have aired so far?
Guess y'all are as underwhelmed as I've been... frown.gif

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #429 of 446 Old 12-04-2013, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

Wow, no comments on the two new episodes (of the final six in the series) that have aired so far?
Guess y'all are as underwhelmed as I've been... frown.gif

Eh ... haven't watched them yet ... There's no point in being hasty. At this point, it's not like we'll be able to save it from "concluding." I'd just as soon through my two TiVo cents toward other "on the fence" shows.

The December doldrums are nigh, fortunately, I have lots of shows spooled up on the DVRs. wink.gif
post #430 of 446 Old 12-04-2013, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

I've just been enjoying it without feeling the need to discuss it, but since you asked... wink.gif

The pacing is obviously rushed, what with the whiteboard, er, clearboard (?) of conspiracies to enable rapid exposition to advance the plot, and major twists getting revealed and resolved in succession, (Birkhoff's a clone! "Hey guys, I'm a clone!") but I can't really complain. Six episodes is far more than most shows with Nikita's ratings get to wrap things up. I am glad that Michael isn't being a pushover and taking Nikita back right away, and I thought forging the FBI guy's assassination video was clever. I'm trying to remember when Birkhoff had the opportunity to get switched... I recall he got captured and tortured at some point last season, so I guess it was then?
post #431 of 446 Old 12-07-2013, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff 
Speaking of Nikita, I sure miss Percy he really added to the show in a way that Amanda just doesn't cut it. I've been seeing the Percy actor on the Mentalist(as a crooked sheriff) and every time I see him I'm reminded of his time on Nikita.
Every time I see him, I'm reminded from his time on 24.

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #432 of 446 Old 12-08-2013, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member

The writers get kudos for the La Femme Nikita reference this week. biggrin.gif
post #433 of 446 Old 12-09-2013, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

I guess Kia isn't a sponsor this season?
We never see anyone driving around any more, just seem to be held up mostly in that jet in permanent orbit above the US.

post #434 of 446 Old 12-09-2013, 06:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Quote:

The writers get kudos for the La Femme Nikita reference this week. biggrin.gif

Help a brother out...? confused.gif And they played you pretty good about Birkhoff, didn't they? wink.gif Me too. redface.gif

One thing that I thought was jarring was how Michael and Sam/Owen blew away those CIA agents. The lead chick got referred to as an "accountant" and merely cold-cocked on the noggin but the other dudes were shot! eek.gif Aren't they crossing a red line there, shooting our own guys who simply don't know that Alex is really a good gal?

And why would Birkhoff's dad rat him out there at the end, after being told that playing along was his only shot at getting out of this? I know it furthers the plotline for the coming endgame by raising the stakes for Nerd, but it didn't ring true. Guy's still got to have a survival instinct that would kick in and cause him to keep his mouth shut.

Little nits, admittedly. I'm just glad we're getting closure for this little guilty pleasure of mine. smile.gif
post #435 of 446 Old 12-09-2013, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

And why would Birkhoff's dad rat him out there at the end...
I was shouting at the TV "Dude... shut your f'ing mouth!".....mad.gif

post #436 of 446 Old 12-09-2013, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
 I know it furthers the plotline for the coming endgame by raising the stakes for Nerd, but it didn't ring true.....

When and why did Nikita start calling Birkhoff "Nerd"? I think it was just this season but I can't remember just why, it seems to be all she calls him now, kind of a departure from previous seasons....

post #437 of 446 Old 12-09-2013, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Help a brother out...? confused.gif

The reference came in the first minute of the show from one of the newscasters. La Femme Nikita was the name of the Luc Besson film that started the Nikita franchise, as well as the older USA TV series based on the film. CW's Nikita is the third incarnation. wink.gif
Quote:

And they played you pretty good about Birkhoff, didn't they? wink.gif Me too. redface.gif

He's still a clone! I just know it! biggrin.gif

They fooled me on that one, but I'm glad we finally got some backstory on Birkhoff in the process.
Quote:

And why would Birkhoff's dad rat him out there at the end, after being told that playing along was his only shot at getting out of this?

He wasn't being a rat, he was just careless. He's used to being a CIA desk drone, not a prisoner, and until today, he thought his son was dead. IMO the real problem with the whole thing was Nikita telling Birkhoff to reveal himself to his dad in the first place. If he hadn't started sending secret messages, the plan would have worked. Amanda fell for it until Birkhoff's dad slipped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

When and why did Nikita start calling Birkhoff "Nerd"? I think it was just this season but I can't remember just why, it seems to be all she calls him now, kind of a departure from previous seasons....

He's had that nickname since season 1, IIRC. She used to tease him back when she was a cadet and he was Division's head hacker. She does use it a lot more this season, but the group has become a much closer team in the face of losing all its Division assets.
post #438 of 446 Old 12-09-2013, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
He's had that nickname since season 1, IIRC. She used to tease him back when she was a cadet and he was Division's head hacker. She does use it a lot more this season, but the group has become a much closer team in the face of losing all its Division assets.

OK, I had just remembered Nikita calling him Birkhoff but this season she says Nerd basically every time.

post #439 of 446 Old 12-28-2013, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 324
….Well… I liked the finale but it's still kinda frustrating they had to rush things quite a bit with just 6 episodes. The last twist in the prison was cool - I was hoping for a magical Percy reappearance of some sorts but well that's how it is. I will miss this show and Maggie's purrfect body wink.gif This series was the best portrayal of this character imo. The storylines might have been completely absurd at times, but it was fun to watch. smile.gif
gwsat and jjeff like this.
post #440 of 446 Old 12-28-2013, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

I'll miss this show, too. I had some mixed reactions to the finale. On the plus side, the writers get kudos for pairing Nikita and Alex one last time to mirror the way the show started out, and adding in some final Division flashbacks from when Nikita first came in added a nice sense of continuity for the way Nikita chose to take out Amanda. I'm also glad that the fate of Alex and Sam's relationship was left ambiguous and that Nikita wasn't willing to just sit on a beach, which would have been out of character for her.

On the other hand, I wish the entire Alex + Sam angle hadn't happened at all, because after everything that Alex has been through, it doesn't seem like she'd be so eager to just plug someone else into her life as a replacement for Sean: she's become stronger than that, so I didn't buy that storyline. I'm also not entirely sure I approve of Nikita being the better woman and imprisoning Amanda instead of killing her, since she killed Percy. On the other hand, it is appropriate that "Helen" got trapped in another basement at the end. I was miffed that Ryan got a cameo in the finale, despite being dead, yet Sonya was nowhere to be seen and only got mentioned by the other cast members. Perhaps Lyndie Greenwood had other obligations for Sleepy Hollow, but her omission felt unfair to me after everything she contributed in seasons 2 and 3.

I'm a bit confused as to how the whole military capture went down, though. If Nikita, Alex, and Birkhoff knew that the soldier in charge was one of Amanda's moles and let themselves get captured to draw Amanda out, how did they escape from the military prison to get the drop on her? They specifically told the senator at the end that they had kept everyone in the dark to ensure Amanda didn't detect their plan, but their escape didn't seem plausible if we're supposed to believe that they did it on their own. Maybe Sonya was supposed to have hacked into the prison from the outside to release them, but I don't recall anyone saying that she did.
post #441 of 446 Old 12-28-2013, 03:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

….Well… I liked the finale but it's still kinda frustrating they had to rush things quite a bit with just 6 episodes. The last twist in the prison was cool - I was hoping for a magical Percy reappearance of some sorts but well that's how it is. I will miss this show and Maggie's purrfect body wink.gif This series was the best portrayal of this character imo. The storylines might have been completely absurd at times, but it was fun to watch. smile.gif

I agree with you that Nikita was a lot of fun despite how preposterous it was from beginning to end. It had long been one of my favorite guilty pleasures so I hated to see it go. Fortunately,the equally preposterous but about as much fun Strike Back is still around. Unfortunately, though, few if any members of the Strike Back cast have bodies in a league with the luscious Maggie's. smile.gif
post #442 of 446 Old 12-29-2013, 04:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Haven't watched it yet...still on DVR smile.gif
But as soon as Xmas visiting relatives leave tomorrow, guess what I'll be watching? wink.gif

I too liked this show a lot, even though it required a big suspension of disbelief.

Steve
post #443 of 446 Old 12-29-2013, 06:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 676
I just watched the penultimate episode, finale still on the machine. All's I know is I've enjoyed this show, as I have the 3 previous iterations of the Nikita saga (2 films and one earlier TV series), and will miss her. I'll also miss Lyndsy Fonseca - damn that girl is fine. Hopefully, her next show will be set on a beach and she can spend much of her screen time in a bikini. smile.gif
post #444 of 446 Old 01-01-2014, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

just watched the finale today. it was a bit rushed with a few holes that were glossed over...what do some of you call it when the plot all comes together in the last few minutes, a MacGuffin?

but I did really like the finale and enjoyed seeing Amanda in her own prison chamber, a fitting end. I'm glad they left Nikita & Michael to not only enjoy the beach but carry on with Truth, Justice and the American Way wink.gif

Good show, going to miss it...and I second Lyndsy in a show in a bikini or Maggie, either one...bring it on biggrin.gif

Steve
post #445 of 446 Old 01-01-2014, 11:53 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

I just watched the penultimate episode, finale still on the machine. All's I know is I've enjoyed this show, as I have the 3 previous iterations of the Nikita saga (2 films and one earlier TV series), and will miss her. I'll also miss Lyndsy Fonseca - damn that girl is fine. Hopefully, her next show will be set on a beach and she can spend much of her screen time in a bikini. smile.gif
I always thought she should have played her own mother in How I Met Your Mother. She's only two years younger than the actress they chose.
post #446 of 446 Old 01-09-2014, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by balboa dave View Post

I always thought she should have played her own mother in How I Met Your Mother. She's only two years younger than the actress they chose.

Not that would have been fantastic!

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page