'Chase' on NBC HD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 30 Old 09-01-2010, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 36
This show was really played up during the Emmy's and I have to say, the previews made me pretty interested. Having lost a few shows that ended, there's a little room on my watching schedule. I've had my fill of serialized dramas. So I decided to catch up on Castle--it's a little too formulaic but the dynamic of Stana and Nathan keep me interested. Then I saw the previews for this show. Chase brings a new element to crime drama...a federal marshal pursuing the bad guys.

So who else is gonna give this an episode or two? What is your anticipation of this show?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 09-02-2010, 03:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'll give it a go. Also stars Cole Houser who I think is a good actor just can't find the right show/role and the dude from prison break.
post #3 of 30 Old 09-02-2010, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

Chase brings a new element to crime drama...a federal marshal pursuing the bad guys.

I suppose, unless you've ever seen In Plain Sight or Justified. Not that this couldn't be a fine show (the scripts and the character and the acting are what matter), but why the sudden interest in the US Marshals, I wonder?

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #4 of 30 Old 09-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
pursuit of bad guys is inherently more dramatic and interesting than after the fact investigations (CSI) or courtroom dramas.
post #5 of 30 Old 09-02-2010, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post

pursuit of bad guys is inherently more dramatic and interesting than after the fact investigations (CSI) or courtroom dramas.

For sure. I was actually expecting a spate of US Marshal-focused TV series after "The Fugitive" and "US Marshals." The only thing that occurs to me is that a TV series about pursuit of fugitives will probably be inherently more expensive to produce -- requiring more location shooting and more new sets, and less use of standing sets -- than a procedural that spends a lot of time in the same offices, labs, apartments, etc every week.

But if there's one thing we know, you can't judge a new show by the subject matter.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #6 of 30 Old 09-02-2010, 09:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

I suppose, unless you've ever seen In Plain Sight or Justified. Not that this couldn't be a fine show (the scripts and the character and the acting are what matter), but why the sudden interest in the US Marshals, I wonder?

Oh, it's nothing new. Remember The Fugitive and Karen Sisco, just to think of two? Basically, the people that develop TV shows are only interested in any branch of law enforcement that requires its officers to carry a gun and potentially shoot people. 'Cause America just can't seem to get enough of crime. All crime, all the time.

I've said it before: if an alien species were to try to learn about humanity from American television shows, they would undoubtedly conclude that our culture consists almost solely of serial killers and the cops who try to catch them. And that it only takes 42 minutes to do so. On the upside, I guess they'd probably be too frightened by all that mayhem to bother with us.
post #7 of 30 Old 09-02-2010, 11:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I've said it before: if an alien species were to try to learn about humanity from American television shows, they would undoubtedly conclude that our culture consists almost solely of serial killers and the cops who try to catch them.

Don't forget about the lawyers who defend them and the D.A.'s that prosecute them.

On the other hand, if they try to invade us based on knowledge gained from sitcoms and commercials, they'll be easily warded off when they encounter real life men that aren't morons...
post #8 of 30 Old 09-02-2010, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've said it before: if an alien species were to try to learn about humanity from American television shows, they would undoubtedly conclude that our culture consists almost solely of serial killers and the cops who try to catch them. And that it only takes 42 minutes to do so. On the upside, I guess they'd probably be too frightened by all that mayhem to bother with us.

I rather suspect that the popular entertainment of any culture you care to name would present a very skewed view. The Greeks fornicated with their mothers and various gods; the Romans spent all their time in brothels; the British killed all their rulers; the Italians sang to each other instead of speaking.

Nobody seeks diversion from their humdrum daily existence by listening to stories about other peoples' humdrum daily existence. Which is why nobody tells them.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #9 of 30 Old 09-02-2010, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

I've said it before: if an alien species were to try to learn about humanity from American television shows, they would undoubtedly conclude that our culture consists almost solely of serial killers and the cops who try to catch them.

And people who will do almost anything to themselves for money (Wipeout, Survivor, Bachelor Pad, etc.) Oh, and cooking competitions
post #10 of 30 Old 09-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Advanced Member

something about the weirds me out. i cant take her face seriously

Flickr ::[color=Blue][b][Blog]
Xbox Live and PSN: Lockeskidney
post #11 of 30 Old 09-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member

pretty bad; turned it off
post #12 of 30 Old 09-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member

It was better than I thought. Soon as I saw a blonde lead named Annie I'm thinking... oh nice, a Covert Affairs rip. It basically is, but set in TX, the supporting cast isn't as good, and dumbed down writing for broadcast. Oddly enough I plan to watch next week.
post #13 of 30 Old 09-22-2010, 12:19 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 40
From all the previews I expected to not like this show at all. Then I saw a little promo piece with the lead actress on the Today show and thought I really wouldn't like her either. So I was surprised to find I didn't hate it at all, and I actually kind of liked her in the role . Not sure if I'll have time to watch it but I wouldn't be opposed to it if I do.

I would worry about having her being the one who just happens to nab the bad guy each week, and then the whole office applauding her good work afterward each time though... The other thing that bugged me is the same thing that I always find annoying with some of these ensemble "team" shows like Criminal Minds. As they are all standing around discussing their strategy on the case of the day several of them have to chime in with exposition on "how these bad guys work", under the guise of enlightening the team with their expertise. Of course it's done as an indirect way of informing the audience but it always seems so awkward, forced and contrived it just takes me out of the flow..

ron
post #14 of 30 Old 09-29-2010, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Nice little twist in the 2nd episode. Decent little show to me.

Peachtree City Golf Cart Rider
post #15 of 30 Old 09-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Also liked the 2nd episode. Whereas with Event I could only watch in five minute blocks (alternated with the Rockford Files on RTV)

The films of De Sica, of Welles, of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger made little money and endure as spiritual delights.
--David Mamet
post #16 of 30 Old 09-30-2010, 12:43 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Liked: 40
2nd ep better than the first to me. Actually kind of like the vibe of this show I think.

ron
post #17 of 30 Old 10-01-2010, 11:30 AM

It amuses me that the marshals can teleport around Texas like that - in the 2nd episode they went from HQ in Houston to Odessa/Midland (where it had just rained? really?) to Dallas to Galveston (then flew to Vegas) all in the same day! Or it looks like the same day, Annie wears the same shirt throughout and the cast are not shown going to bed or checking out of a hotel in between. And the bad guy can also drive from Galveston to Vegas in seemingly a few hours. Anyone who has actually spent any time living in Texas or the West will know that it's several solid days of driving to duplicate either of these paths. The marshals just "poof" appeared in El Paso in the pilot, as well.

I understand that viewers probably don't want to watch a boring drive between cities, but it seems like the writers are just picking familiar city names off a list without looking at a map. Or if they do have a map the scale is missing...Texas is *big*, I've spent a lot of time driving across it although I don't live there any more.

Other than that though, the show is watchable for what it is. Not terrible.
post #18 of 30 Old 10-01-2010, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 59
A simple answer. At auction the bought the fleet of ultra-fast autos used in FOX's 24 (especially the ones used in and around Los Angeles).
post #19 of 30 Old 10-19-2010, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Chase gets full season order.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...ase_Chuck_.php

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #20 of 30 Old 10-19-2010, 12:42 PM

Liked: 19
Annie Oakley what will jump out/off of next?
post #21 of 30 Old 12-03-2010, 01:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 164
post #22 of 30 Old 12-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 22
That picture of Flagstaff in last week's episode was definitely the real Flagstaff.
post #23 of 30 Old 12-04-2010, 04:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
"Chase" should have always been airing on Friday night where it might have had a chance.

I like watching on my NBC HD OD and will watch the last 8 episodes via that service.
post #24 of 30 Old 01-13-2011, 06:06 PM

It looks like the episode that was supposed to air on 1/12 will be airing on 1/19.

http://www.nbc.com/chase/
post #25 of 30 Old 01-13-2011, 06:25 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatski View Post

It looks like the episode that was supposed to air on 1/12 will be airing on 1/19.

http://www.nbc.com/chase/

Thanks, because guide data was not updated prior to the changes in broadcast schedule last night, TiVo will assume this is a repeat and not record it, a manual recording will need to be set. Same problem with several other shows from last night. Not sure if it's an issue with other DVRs.
post #26 of 30 Old 01-21-2011, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Has everyone bailed already? Or did the hiatus/move to a different night leave everyone at the train station?

I thought the episode was pretty good. 2 parter as well. I thought Amaury Nolasco's character grew a little this week. Liked the way they ended it as well to lead into next week.

But is it all too little, too late?

post #27 of 30 Old 01-21-2011, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypb View Post

Has everyone bailed already? Or did the hiatus/move to a different night leave everyone at the train station?

I thought the episode was pretty good. 2 parter as well. I thought Amaury Nolasco's character grew a little this week. Liked the way they ended it as well to lead into next week.

Probably is a little late to save this show. Personally, I missed the episode and I don't even recall seeing any ads/promos for it on NBC announcing its return this week.
post #28 of 30 Old 01-21-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypb View Post

I didn't even know a new episode aired.....
post #29 of 30 Old 01-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I like this show.. but Ive already bailed out. The show isn't getting another season, and will likely be pulled off the air soon. So no reason to watch now.
post #30 of 30 Old 04-06-2011, 06:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 164
TV Notes
'Chase' Returning to NBC
By Philiana Ng, The Hollywood Reporter's 'Live Feed' Blog - April 6th, 2011

Chase is back!

But not for long. The freshman police procedural, which was taken off the NBC primetime schedule in early February due to low ratings, will air the rest of its episodes beginning Saturday, April 23 at 8 p.m. for five weeks.

The network ordered a full 22-episode season, but cut the number to 18 in December. The most recent episode drew 4.2 million viewers and a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demo.

Led by Kelli Giddish and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, Chase follows a group of U.S. Marshals based in Texas.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ing-nbc-175743
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page