Forum Jump: 
 661Likes

Old 04-01-2014, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 796
You know on their empty stomachs that BBQ smelled awfully darn good. "Come on, dad. Just one burger."

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2014, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

So, I have some questions.

If Rick and crew truly scouted the area, how did they miss all the gunmen around the perimeter?
- Rick told his crew to spread out to check things out, but keep close together. I assume they only checked out a small section where they were and not the whole perimeter. The guards might have seen them coming and pulled back so they were not detected.

If Rick and crew are truly careful, why did they all go in? Why not just have Rick go in to see what is up?
- Bad judgment or "stick together mentality - don't separate".

Why does Joe let Rick get close enough to rip out his throat? Rick is basically on his last legs.
- I think your last statement answers your question. Joe thought Rick was beaten and who would think that a person would rip you throat out with his teeth?

Why does Darryl put down his crossbow?
- Darryl put down his bow to be non-threatening to Joe. He tried to reason with him.

Why are these guys okay to let Darryl in but immediately get to raping and killing Michonne and Carl as if that were SOP?
Seems like a bit of a change in character.
- Joe group were hunting Rick because he killed one of them. Rick was already condemned to death for that action. It seems that all women they encounter suffer the same fate. And I guess it's the same for young boys too. If there were any other men in Rick's group, they'd probably be guilty by association. Plus would you really want to welcome somebody into the group after you kill his buddy?

I don't think this was a very good half season.
- Take the show for what it is. An hour of escapism. There are huge plot holes large enough to drive a tank through, but in the end, it's about fun. You can groan about the stupid things that the people do, but don't get bogged down with the details.

Tack likes this.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 42
That was it... ? -.-

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
Old 04-01-2014, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

A good Q&A with Kirkman and Gimple. No season 5 spoilers.

'Walking Dead' Dissection: Robert Kirkman, Scott M. Gimple Talk Terror at Terminus, Preview Season 5

Quote:
What kind of discussions did you have with AMC about telling a cannibalism story?

Gimple: I don't believe we've totally, completely, definitively described or illustrated those people as
cannibals. They're up to no good, but I saw no people being eaten. There are absolutely piles of human
bones there. That doesn't necessarily mean that they ate those people. People have died there, and they
are up to awful things there; whether or not it's cannibalism, we'll find out pretty quickly. That episode does
not definitively tell you whether or not they're cannibals.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Most of that interview boils down to "It might be, or it might not."

A bit stupid of the interviewer to keep asking questions about upcoming stories and mysteries that they know will not be answered by the showrunners. The writers probably don't even know themselves how some of it will play out yet.

Old 04-02-2014, 01:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Of course. They're just trying to keep the interest/hype high.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Quote:

So, I have some questions.

If Rick and crew truly scouted the area, how did they miss all the gunmen around the perimeter?
If Rick and crew are truly careful, why did they all go in? Why not just have Rick go in to see what is up?

Why does Joe let Rick get close enough to rip out his throat? Rick is basically on his last legs.
Why does Darryl put down his crossbow?
Why are these guys okay to let Darryl in but immediately get to raping and killing Michonne and Carl as if that were SOP?
Seems like a bit of a change in character.

I don't think this was a very good half season.

This review is appropriate:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/01/the-walking-dead-season-four-finale-shows-dip-in-quality-could-mean-this-is-the-last-episode-many-people-watch-4683819/

The gunman were not there when they scouted. NO ONE was out and about. The gunmen appeared once the leader gave the signal, they were hiding on purpose so the whole place would seem peaceful and OK to enter. No one would enter if there were gunman all over the place. They want to trap people.

They went in as they should, carefully and spread out and armed. The place was clear and they went into one building and surprised everyone, they didn't even know they were in there until they announced themselves, just sending Rick in would of led to the same situation and Rick would of gave the all clear because everyone was just standing around in that building they went into.

Daryl put it down because he was asked to and Rick gave the OK.

Joe's group was not OK. They killed one of their own, they got in a fight over a bed and almost choked a man to death. They beat a man senseless, they have crazed rules. The clearly stated they were hunting someone for pay back. Everything they did with Rick and Michone and Carl was exactly what they showed them capable of and doing already.

No way will viewer ship drop like that article suggests. Whoever wrote that article is an idiot. If he doesn't know why Hershel is in the episode then he truly should stop writing articles. It was clearly showing why Rick became a farmer and how he was trying to embrace the peaceful side and how Hershel was the reason for that, and it book ends nicely with Rick trying to embrace peace to becoming the dark and mean Rick he now much embrace.
Tack, raaj and Djoel like this.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked: 917
Yeah that metro review is junk. I disagree with every point I think except the rabbit being silly fake.

I thought the episode was clever, and it definately left me eager to see more.

Joe's gang exists in the story arc to prove Rick has a dark, dangerous survival instict and is a fierce protector to his own. That he isn't just a soft leader.

The "you okay" dialogue with michonne was establishing that michonne had also done dark things and moved forward. It may have been also a dual meaning to say she knew rick would be okay because rick was okay and he was a strong leader and protector.

The terminus groups herding the group through the maze I suspect will have the logic explained next season. Its another cliff hanger mystery that leaves the audience interested. All we know is they wanted to shuffle ricks group to A and keep them away from B.

I loved the second part of this season and think season four is the best since season 1. The finale was great, IMO and represents what the show is about. Living in a twisted inhuman world and balancing between still being human and turning into a monster.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
Old 04-02-2014, 07:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 734
One thing I couldn't figure was how Joe's group knew it was Rick who killed their buddy back in the house? Rick ran away after the newly created zombie distracted Joe and the rest of them's attention. They never saw him. Yet, in the ambush scene in this last episode, Joe somehow knows it was Rick. How? confused.gif

As to the spoiler regarding an upcoming character from the comic and his disposition within the show, I tried to warn that poster about it the first time he mentioned it. And dang if he didn't do it again a few pages later. But it's okay because he didn't think it was a spoiler. rolleyes.gif
Old 04-02-2014, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

One thing I couldn't figure was how Joe's group knew it was Rick who killed their buddy back in the house? Rick ran away after the newly created zombie distracted Joe and the rest of them's attention. They never saw him. Yet, in the ambush scene in this last episode, Joe somehow knows it was Rick. How? confused.gif

Last week Joe mentioned that one of his crew (don't remember the name, but he's dead now so it doesn't matter biggrin.gif ) was the only person who saw Rick and that was "enough for a reckoning."

The posse was spread throughout the house so it is plausible one of them caught sight of Rick as he was running away.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 158
I like it how different points of views are accepted so nicely. rolleyes.gif

I do appreciate The Walking Dead for the fairly mindless diversion it is. That isn't going to stop me from pointing out some of problems. I do like discussion of these shows otherwise I wouldn't be on this site. There is always the hope that someone from the show monitors the talk about it and maybe takes some advice.

I am worried that there will be some deus ex machina like something that happened off camera such as meeting up with another group that wasn't shown.
Glen's rescue by Maggie's group the week before already was straining things.

The Terminus group certainly wasted a lot of bullets herding Rick and crew. Can't imagine that the group can afford to do that.
If they are cannibals, wouldn't they want people fattened up prior to creating entres? Rick and crew seem pretty thin and meager.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
Old 04-02-2014, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

If they are cannibals, wouldn't they want people fattened up prior to creating entres? Rick and crew seem pretty thin and meager.

I mentioned it before but they might be feeding the crate prisoners powdered milk to do just that. They want their humans on the veally side, full of creamy fats and milky goodness.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

As to the spoiler regarding an upcoming character from the comic and his disposition within the show, I tried to warn that poster about it the first time he mentioned it. And dang if he didn't do it again a few pages later. But it's okay because he didn't think it was a spoiler. rolleyes.gif

When they were fighting over the bed in the house that Rick was hiding under the guy was looking right at Rick before he passed out from being choked... He clearly saw him.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikr1 View Post

When they were fighting over the bed in the house that Rick was hiding under the guy was looking right at Rick before he passed out from being choked... He clearly saw him.

Yeah that was the guy. I completely forgot he survived. Well, until recently anyway. smile.gif

Old 04-02-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikr1 View Post

I thought that guy got munched by the newly created zombie after Rick jumped out the window. But those characters were so interchangeable and disposable (as it turned out), I admit I didn't remember what he looked like, or whether he was one of the "claimers" that survived until the end.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 95
I don't think they ever really accounted for all the ammo.

They have to trap little bunnies for food but they always have ammo for these big bursts of gunfire.

In some scenes here and there, you see them going for supplies, including ammo, such as when the Governor ambushed that military unit.

Only concession to the ammo is when they kill zombies by hand, unless really surrounded by a lot of them.

But this takes place in Georgia so there should be plenty of ammo here and there for them to scavenge.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 273
Yep, the use of ammo is just another one of those suspension of disbelief things you have to get over. But that's true of use of ammo in pretty much any show with action. Even a highly rated show (critically) like Justified goes Wild West all the time.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

Yep, the use of ammo is just another one of those suspension of disbelief things you have to get over. But that's true of use of ammo in pretty much any show with action. Even a highly rated show (critically) like Justified goes Wild West all the time.

On the other hand, with what appears to be the few surviving humans, ammunition should be plentiful (gun shops, police stations, armed forces locations, etc.).
Old 04-02-2014, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprace View Post

On the other hand, with what appears to be the few surviving humans, ammunition should be plentiful (gun shops, police stations, armed forces locations, etc.).

As Rick found out in the first season, it depends who gets there first.

During an evac out of the murderbowl that is apparently Georgia, military and LE would have taken the supplies with them.

Everything else got collected and stockpiled by Morgan. wink.gif

Old 04-02-2014, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I agree with the opinion of the interview with Kirkman and Gimple. They are not going to give you anything, sometimes the actors/actresses don't even know the future..
"That episode does not definitively tell you whether or not they're cannibals." True quote, you see bones and somebody barbequing but no real cannibalism..All this food talk is making me hungry, going to lunch now..smile.gif

Old 04-02-2014, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

Yeah but Justified exists in a world with ammo available everywhere and no need to fire it unless you are at a crime scene.

On TWD the typical problem is never conserving what could be the last round you ever find. It's just pull the trigger until you kill a truck or manage to hit the barn.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 203
The real problem would be transporting all of the ammo not whether or not there would be enough. There is so much ammo in circulation that a shortage of ammo for a relatively small number of surviving humans isn't remotely plausible--it's a laughable assertion. Not that long ago, the military was still firing munitions produced in the Vietnam era and you can still buy cases of this surplus ammo in 1000 round lots (probably more if desired).
Old 04-02-2014, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.kingsley View Post

The real problem would be transporting all of the ammo not whether or not there would be enough. There is so much ammo in circulation that a shortage of ammo for a relatively small number of surviving humans isn't remotely plausible--it's a laughable assertion.

As I said, it depends who gets to it first.

The Terminators could have collected every crate in the immediate area, so the amount available isn't the problem. It's the guys with the ammo pointing weapons at guys without ammo. One dude with all the bullets can defend his stash quite easily against several without. Morgan managed to collect a sizeable amount of explosives, firearms and ammo by himself just for his own benefit, but If you are the ones not sitting on a big crate of bullets then firing everything on full auto is a stupid thing to be doing and we see our plucky band of heroes doing that all the time.

So the Terminus residents were definitely going wild with their ammo but it might not be a problem for them. We don't really know what they have lying around under a pile of bones. Plenty of still working vehicles around so if they've been doing the smart thing that Rick and co. never did at the prison they could have been sending out scout parties to bring back every scrap of useable weaponry and equipment they found for a long time.

Plus, you know, taking it from all the cattle who walk in through the front door. wink.gif

Old 04-02-2014, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 205
They're in a freight yard, and apparently have been since shortly after the ZA began. Entire trains full of supplies. They could potentially have immense supplies of almost anythign non-perishable.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

Old 04-02-2014, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 95
What were they doing in that back room when Rick and crew entered?

Like doing arts and craft or something.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 207
They were doing the signs that the crew has been seeing.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Old 04-02-2014, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Next season someone in the boxcar will start to turn and thus they'll get their revenge on the cannibals wiping them out. It'll probably be Glen since he was sick and that would make for a good tear jerker with Maggie. wink.gif
Old 04-02-2014, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

Next season someone in the boxcar will start to turn and thus they'll get their revenge on the cannibals wiping them out. It'll probably be Glen since he was sick and that would make for a good tear jerker with Maggie. wink.gif
No, When the season returns, Richard Dean Anderson will be seen walking out of the shadows of the back of the train car.
He will then , by using Carl's beltbuckle, Maggie's bra, some paper on the floor, friction & a filling from darryl's tooth, cause the train car to resonate at a frequency that knocks out the cannibal clan & busts open the lock ... biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Old 04-02-2014, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post

But this takes place in Georgia so there should be plenty of ammo...

If no ammo, there's always banjos to duel with. It is GA after all.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Are you suggesting that Rick and crew will be made to squeal like pigs?

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread