AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
... I said the same thing. Where's the parking lot? This place is in the middle of nowhere. Being Georgia it might be one of those dueling banjos churches....
"It's a trap!" --Admiral Ackbar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6422 of 6438 Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 868 Post(s)
Liked: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
I was thinking lava moat? Or are they immuned to fire?

And how are you supposed to procure this lava and transport it in enough quantity to make a difference. The zombies keep on going even if on fire as shown in the week before lasts episode and the Terminus "break".

Sent from an system/360
phildaant likes this.
post #6423 of 6438 Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
And how are you supposed to procure this lava and transport it in enough quantity to make a difference. The zombies keep on going even if on fire as shown in the week before lasts episode and the Terminus "break".

Sent from an system/360
That is why I asked if they are immuned to fire forever. Flaming zombies are nastier than without flames.
post #6424 of 6438 Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That is why I asked if they are immuned to fire forever. Flaming zombies are nastier than without flames.

Lava would work as it would melt them, but getting the lava and transporting it would be the issue. Not to mention you would need to find a way to keep it flowing else it would cool and solidify.

Sent from an system/360
phildaant likes this.
post #6425 of 6438 Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 737
Quote:
"It's a trap!" --Admiral Ackbar

phildaant likes this.
post #6426 of 6438 Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Yeah, the scratchings on the outside of the church and the message carved in "you'll burn for this" makes me think he locked out his flock. Perhaps even the lady with glasses in the picture with him.
That's what I am thinking as well. Some have suggested he was working with Gareth and the Terminus folk but that doesn't seem likely. I'm still skeptical on him surviving for as long as he did in the way he did it - he has zero survival skills.
phildaant likes this.
post #6427 of 6438 Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
That's what I am thinking as well. Some have suggested he was working with Gareth and the Terminus folk but that doesn't seem likely. I'm still skeptical on him surviving for as long as he did in the way he did it - he has zero survival skills.
I am surprised he survived that long if he is telling the truth.
post #6428 of 6438 Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Haven't seen WW Z but heard about the scene where they scale the wall using each other as ladders. Like they communicate with each other?

They're also way more athletic, like they see faster and got some vertical and long jump ability.

The ones in TWD are positively couch potatoes in comparison.
phildaant likes this.
post #6429 of 6438 Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
love that show
post #6430 of 6438 Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Haven't seen WW Z but heard about the scene where they scale the wall using each other as ladders. Like they communicate with each other?

They're also way more athletic, like they see faster and got some vertical and long jump ability.

I haven't seen WWZ as well. I did see the trailer(s) with them running fast and climbing the walls. One/1 day, I will see this movie. So, no spoilers please for us.
post #6431 of 6438 Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post

WWZ's zombies were closer to 28 days zombies. Maybe even faster.The wall scale scene was a little too CGI'd to have much impact though.WD knows what they want and are doing it very well IMO.
Ph8te likes this.
post #6432 of 6438 Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Liked: 263
I'm assuming the black guy, Ben?, was bit while retrieving the food.
Problem is, the zombie looked like something out of evil dead, but without a lower jaw
Not sure how a zombie without a jaw can bite
phildaant likes this.
post #6433 of 6438 Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
I'm assuming the black guy, Ben?, was bit while retrieving the food.

Problem is, the zombie looked like something out of evil dead, but without a lower jaw

Not sure how a zombie without a jaw can bite

All that needs to take place is broken skin. The look of those zombies was an homage to another movie (they showed the info during the Talking Dead) and it was purposefully different than the well walker from season 1.

Sent from an system/360
phildaant likes this.
post #6434 of 6438 Old Today, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Lots of people mention islands, but watching walkers cross streams in several episodes and actually persist alive underwater(like the leader that the Govenor killed and sunk on chains right off the fishing dock - is it possible a heard might just walk into the water and walk along the bottom of the lake bed or ocean floor to find your island?
Nope, we covered this before. Georgia like NC and SC has many coastal islands. Find an island surrounded by a current or on the coast or in the middle of a deep lake. Large lakes for the most part go down a long way.

Even a relatively shallow lake is an easy natural defence. Natural mud and silt would slow down and rot any zombie wading in. Hershel's farm managed to defend itself with a muddy strip!

Seriously go look at Jekyll Island on Google. It's about three hours drive from Atlanta, is accessed by a single bridge, has multiple docks, many facilities ... once they systematically cleaned out the previous residents they would have a great natural defense from zombies and road traffic and surrounded by fishing. And escape yachts.

Last edited by VisionOn; Today at 01:34 AM.
post #6435 of 6438 Old Today, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
I said the same thing. Where's the parking lot? This place is in the middle of nowhere. Being Georgia it might be one of those dueling banjos churches.
Based on what we've seen that would fit right in. They may have made a Wrong Turn looking for some Southern Comfort and Deliverance from evil.

Squeal like a long piggy!

post #6436 of 6438 Old Today, 03:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I re-watched the episode - Bob gave zero indication that he got hurt in the basement scene at all. Later, while leaving the church, he had a very, slight limp and while outside, at times he looked completely normal and other times like he was *thinking* about something that was causing him (emotional) pain.

My son had an interesting theory: He (Bob) had an open wound that got "dirty" while in that water.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
phildaant likes this.
post #6437 of 6438 Old Today, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post
The Show has been way too different from the comics. Yes they are taking a few events from the comics, but since the roster has been vastly different they are using character swaps. Reading them wont really spoil the fun of watching the show.(considering there was no terminus in the comics and last weeks episode was one of the best)

Non-Spoiler instances: We meet Tyreese early in the comics and is Rick's right hand man. But his fate by the Governor was substituted with Herschel at the Prison.

Bob was switched for Dale with this weeks episode. Dale was written off early because he was not happy that Frank Darabont was no long with the show.

Sophia is alive in the comics to this point, but I believe her parents did not want her in the television show anymore due to the violence so they wrote her character out, violently.

Daryl is not in the comics at all so any tv story involving him is original.

Shane was not around for a long time at all in the comics. And many characters did not make it out of the prison alive.
On the Talking Dead, showrunner Scott said that they were going to be weaving more closely with the comics, but would also weave in and out. Greg also said that the comic book fans would be happy because they were going to be taking a lot from the comics this season.

post #6438 of 6438 Old Today, 06:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
I re-watched the episode - Bob gave zero indication that he got hurt in the basement scene at all. Later, while leaving the church, he had a very, slight limp and while outside, at times he looked completely normal and other times like he was *thinking* about something that was causing him (emotional) pain.

My son had an interesting theory: He (Bob) had an open wound that got "dirty" while in that water.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I wonder if Bob was just upset because of his alcoholism. The others were drinking wine.
I dunno. I thought he was hiding a bite as well.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page