"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 217 - AVS Forum
First ... 215  216  217 218  219  ... Last
HDTV Programming > "The Walking Dead" on AMC HD
Tack's Avatar Tack 09:19 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post
the walking dead...

Interesting. You'd think that sort of thing would be locked down by the studio.

phildaant's Avatar phildaant 09:21 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
has anyone calculated how long it would actually take someone to walk from atlanta to DC?
http://www.google.com/maps/dir/Atlan...ashington,+DC/ says about 627 miles and 207 hours (nonstop).
Ph8te's Avatar Ph8te 09:22 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post
Nope, not in the least. The whole point of being spoiler free is not seeing any if that. By your logic, it would have been fine to post about the Red Wedding before it happened, since all that info was out there already.

According to the rules here the previews shown after the show are not spoilers nor is anything shown during the 1st airing. If someone does post a spoiler we have a report post button so that the mods can handle that situation. While most posters hope not to have actual spoilers posted they do happen and mods in the past have been quick to act.

Sent from an system/360
sirjonsnow's Avatar sirjonsnow 09:25 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerguy View Post
I liked the scene in which Rick says he's in for going to DC. I'm wondering if that was a bit of improv on his part when his daughter was making some noise and he said, "If she's in, then I'm in." Nice moment and nice ad lib, if so.

Was there a post credits scene on the previous episode showing Lennie James on the railroad tracks by the No Sanctuary sign? I didn't see it when I watched the previous ep last week (I always stop at the credits because I don't watch previews), but saw it this week in between the repeat of last week's ep and the previouslies on this week's ep. Now I feel like I need to check for post credit scenes.
Yes, there was. I only knew because a friend told me. Now I have to let the credits play, on mute and hand up to block the preview video, just to see if there's a post-credits sequence :\
Se7enPtOne's Avatar Se7enPtOne 09:25 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post
Nope, not in the least. The whole point of being spoiler free is not seeing any if that. By your logic, it would have been fine to post about the Red Wedding before it happened, since all that info was out there already.
the season trailers are pretty vague..especially with the editing...honestly it made episode 1 seem like gareth freed rick n co and joined the group to go to Washington....and we all know THAT didn't happen

I am surprised they haven't been in a vehicle in so long...is it a filming restriction? season 1 they were in the RV until the massive roadblock but have not had any transport since...
VisionOn's Avatar VisionOn 09:31 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post
"On the next episode of the Walking Dead, the group will encounter the greatest evil they've ever faced!"
And on TNT it would be ...

"With an ending you won't see coming. And a twist. That. Will. Leave. You. Breathless."
Se7enPtOne's Avatar Se7enPtOne 09:34 AM 10-22-2014
its just like they tease the "Exclusive sneak peek" during talking dead and it always turns out to be 30 seconds of a stupid conversation in the woods
hall's Avatar hall 09:34 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
I am surprised they haven't been in a vehicle in so long...
It would take away too much "action". There'd almost be no more walker encounters - just blow past them, run them over, etc. They'd only have to potentially deal with other people (and finding fuel).
hall's Avatar hall 09:36 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
http://www.google.com/maps/dir/Atlan...ashington,+DC/ says about 627 miles and 207 hours (nonstop).
I'm surprised that Google hasn't added a "zombie-infested walking option" and adds time for fending off zombie attacks. Speaking of heading to DC, why not head for the Atlantic and commandeer a boat ? Wouldn't that be a real safe option ?
Waboman's Avatar Waboman 09:36 AM 10-22-2014
The trailers for TWD are always deceptive. What you think you see happen in a trailer almost never happens on the show. They're quite masterful at it.
phildaant's Avatar phildaant 09:37 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
its just like they tease the "Exclusive sneak peek" during talking dead and it always turns out to be 30 seconds of a stupid conversation in the woods
I don't even bother to watch The Talking Dead. Do you guys watch it?
phildaant's Avatar phildaant 09:38 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
I'm surprised that Google hasn't added a "zombie-infested walking option" and adds time for fending off zombie attacks. Speaking of heading to DC, why not head for the Atlantic and commandeer a boat ? Wouldn't that be a real safe option ?
Maybe one day, Google will add it. Any Google employees in this thread?

How about flying? Do any of those people know how to fly?
Tack's Avatar Tack 09:41 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
the season trailers are pretty vague..especially with the editing...honestly it made episode 1 seem like gareth freed rick n co and joined the group to go to Washington....and we all know THAT didn't happen

I am surprised they haven't been in a vehicle in so long...is it a filming restriction? season 1 they were in the RV until the massive roadblock but have not had any transport since...

Not only are they vague, they seem to go out of their way to misdirect. The worst ones are the "Previously on Walking Dead" ones before the ep. They kind of give away the direction the ep is going to take.
VisionOn's Avatar VisionOn 09:42 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
It would take away too much "action". There'd almost be no more walker encounters - just blow past them, run them over, etc. They'd only have to potentially deal with other people (and finding fuel).
It would add more "action" in that they would arrive at new and more diverse locations faster and less time trudging through the woods hitting a stray zombie in the head occasionally. At this point zombie encounters in the woods are just there to break up the trees. They are no threat.

It took them all last season to get to Terminus. In a car they would have been there in one episode.
Tack's Avatar Tack 09:42 AM 10-22-2014
By the time I can hit post, everyone has got my points covered.
mbroadus's Avatar mbroadus 09:45 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post
I'm pretty sure Bob was going into the woods to off himself when he got caught. There was way too much screen time for him and his girl. And that last kiss seemed to be over emphasized.
That's what I'm thinking too.
Tack's Avatar Tack 09:48 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:

I always record it, sometimes watch it. Depending on my mood the host can drive me out of my skin and it has to get shut off. This last one I shut off the third time he cupped his hand to his mouth and said whatever it was he kept repeating.
calculon68's Avatar calculon68 10:08 AM 10-22-2014
Never saw an episode of Talking Dead.(cordcut, I purchase TWD via Amazon and view day after broadcast) But I've never heard *good* things about the commentary/discussion unless it's a mid-season or end-season finale.
phildaant's Avatar phildaant 10:12 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by calculon68 View Post
Never saw an episode of Talking Dead.(cordcut, I purchase TWD via Amazon and view day after broadcast) But I've never heard *good* things about the commentary/discussion unless it's a mid-season or end-season finale.
Yeah, I saw a few minutes of it and already got bored. I do like to watch behind the scenes and stuff though.
drummerguy's Avatar drummerguy 10:16 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
I can't stand the guy who hosts it. He talks too much and tries to overshadow the guests. He needs to take lessons from Carson and Letterman about how to host a talk show.
Archaea's Avatar Archaea 10:16 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post
I think one of the water walkers that got shelved turned into an ankle biter, and that's what got Bob.

That decision to push the shelves on them was dumb.

There were three humans behind the shelf and three zombies left on the other side. 1 stab each, could be done in less time than it takes to push the shelf over, and not be trying to figure out where the head of a zombie is under some cruddy water if you needed to take care of them later.
VisionOn's Avatar VisionOn 10:19 AM 10-22-2014
Yeah but Talking Dead isn't a talk show. It's basically an hour long puff piece infomercial that fills air time cheaply and can be used as a platform for marketing social media hashtags.

#tweetingdead #followmeoneatyourfacebook #dcorbust #eugeneshoulddienext

drummerguy's Avatar drummerguy 10:21 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
Yeah but Talking Dead isn't a talk show. It's basically an hour long puff piece infomercial that fills air time cheaply and can be used as a platform for marketing social media hashtags.
How true!
mbroadus's Avatar mbroadus 10:23 AM 10-22-2014
In the back of my mind, I'm thinking Bob and Gareth met before Terminus, maybe Bob was in their group and escaped? There's a backstory here that we haven't heard.
NetworkTV's Avatar NetworkTV 10:25 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
And on TNT it would be ...

"With an ending you won't see coming. And a twist. That. Will. Leave. You. Breathless."
Followed immediately by:

Boom!

phildaant's Avatar phildaant 10:41 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerguy View Post
I can't stand the guy who hosts it. He talks too much and tries to overshadow the guests. He needs to take lessons from Carson and Letterman about how to host a talk show.
Co(nan/co) should have hosted it when he was a guest in the season premiere!
hall's Avatar hall 10:51 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
In the back of my mind, I'm thinking Bob and Gareth met before Terminus, maybe Bob was in their group and escaped? There's a backstory here that we haven't heard.
Bob or Father Gabriel ? My quoted post was in reference to Gabriel.
mbroadus's Avatar mbroadus 11:00 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Bob or Father Gabriel ? My quoted post was in reference to Gabriel.
My mistake....maybe both now that I think about it! The church being so close to Terminus and the conversation between Bob and Gareth.
curtlots's Avatar curtlots 11:09 AM 10-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
The better hurry up with that backstory, Bob is dying from consumption.
Josh Z's Avatar Josh Z 11:42 AM 10-22-2014
Personally, I enjoy The Talking Dead. It's a nice cool-down after watching the show, especially during stressful/suspenseful episodes. When the guests are producers, they often point out things I wouldn't have noticed on my own. How many people would ever have realized that the first victim in the trough was Sam the Hippie if that hadn't been revealed on Talking Dead?

That said, I think it was better when it was only half an hour. It strains to fill an hour most weeks, and the segments where they have viewers come up to ask questions are painful.

The quality of the show also varies greatly with the quality of the guests. The last episode with the dipshit comedian guy who was on Breaking Bad was not very good. ("Wait, the Terminus people were cannibals? I had no idea!")

The Marilyn Manson episode... holy crap, that was an awkward hour of television!
Tags: The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
First ... 215  216  217 218  219  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop