post #6511 of 6531 Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post
The better hurry up with that backstory, Bob is dying from consumption.

Just a flesh wound. He should have plenty of fight left in him

AlexanderDelarg likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6512 of 6531 Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
When the guests are producers, they often point out things I wouldn't have noticed on my own. How many people would ever have realized that the first victim in the trough was Sam the Hippie if that hadn't been revealed on Talking Dead?
Like when Rick gave him the watch...and Carol gave it back...then he says "The Kid who I gave this too, I saw them kill him"?
post #6513 of 6531 Old Yesterday, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
The quality of the show also varies greatly with the quality of the guests. The last episode with the dipshit comedian guy who was on Breaking Bad was not very good. ("Wait, the Terminus people were cannibals? I had no idea!")

The Marilyn Manson episode... holy crap, that was an awkward hour of television!
Yes, Matt Jones, aka "Badger" from Breaking Bad was terrible. Next week is Slash and Mary Lynn Rajskub from 24. The only time I pay attention is when the writers and producers are on, they tell a lot of backstory and give great insight into where the show and characters are headed. A Director's Cut would be cool, not for each episode but for major turning points or season premieres or finallies.
post #6514 of 6531 Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 137
At this point in the timeline, shouldn't the zombies be pretty much decomposed or eaten by wildlife? Anything alive has to have sustenance and there is going to be less and less zombies other than the remaining population who die via natural or unnatural causes.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #6515 of 6531 Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
At this point in the timeline, shouldn't the zombies be pretty much decomposed or eaten by wildlife? Anything alive has to have sustenance and there is going to be less and less zombies other than the remaining population who die via natural or unnatural causes.
if you die of natural causes you are coming back anyway...so with reproduction and babies like judith, there will always be walkers...
post #6516 of 6531 Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post
if you die of natural causes you are coming back anyway...so with reproduction and babies like judith, there will always be walkers...
I'm not saying that all the walkers would be gone. I'm saying that all the walkers that were around at the beginning and soon after shouldn't still be around. Since the human population has gone down significantly, the amount of walkers should be pretty low at this point.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #6517 of 6531 Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Quote:
At this point in the timeline, shouldn't the zombies be pretty much decomposed or eaten by wildlife?
Well we saw one of the more rotted zombies in the flooded basement. Not all animals will eat rotting food and the bigger question should be where are all the animals? The deer population should be booming and is not as if zombies can outrun a deer to catch them.

post #6518 of 6531 Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 91
They are definitely more decomposed looking now, generally. They might also just rot at a slower rate.
post #6519 of 6531 Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Quote:
That said, I think it was better when it was only half an hour. It strains to fill an hour most weeks, and the segments where they have viewers come up to ask questions are painful.
I was about to post the same thing.

Quote:
The Marilyn Manson episode... holy crap, that was an awkward hour of television!
Yeah, that was so awful I'm surprised it didn't doom the entire television industry and send people back to their radios.

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
post #6520 of 6531 Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Animals won't eat rotting flesh but maggots and similar will. I saw something on TV where a deer carcass was recorded over a period of time and all tissue, skin/fur, etc was eaten and even bones were carried away. Seems to me it was in something like 2-3 weeks...

As far as walkers decomposing and no longer functioning (like, really dead), I believe it was Robert Kirkman who said (on Talking Dead) that he won't explain that (if they do or not).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
post #6521 of 6531 Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post
Like when Rick gave him the watch...and Carol gave it back...then he says "The Kid who I gave this too, I saw them kill him"?

Not to mention the way that he and Rick looked at each other when they were brought to the trough. It was obvious that they knew each other. If that didn't trigger your memory, then the exchange that you mentioned should have.
post #6522 of 6531 Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I'm not sure if Rick remembered him or it was nothing more than he looked vaguely familiar.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
post #6523 of 6531 Old Today, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
I'm not saying that all the walkers would be gone. I'm saying that all the walkers that were around at the beginning and soon after shouldn't still be around. Since the human population has gone down significantly, the amount of walkers should be pretty low at this point.
Don't bring reality into this. If you did then most of the zombies wouldn't be able to do anything, especially the ones with lacerations/missing limbs.
Ph8te likes this.
post #6524 of 6531 Old Today, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 119
A crazy show just crazier....between the cannibals and the anxious preacher the zombies seem less threatening.
post #6525 of 6531 Old Today, 06:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhill View Post
Don't bring reality into this. If you did then most of the zombies wouldn't be able to do anything, especially the ones with lacerations/missing limbs.
Well, if you really want to get real with it, it's silly they can kill a zombie by stabbing or shooting one in the forehead.

Clearly, it was shown at the CDC that the only active part of a zombie brain is the lower portion around the brain stem. Therefore, destroying that portion should be the only thing that kills them regardless of how damaged the rest of the head is.

In short, it's not the brain you need to destroy: it's the brain stem. The rest of the brain is already dead.

That inconsistency bothers me far more than any other silliness I encounter on the show. I can deal with rotting flesh walking around despite not breathing or having any blood pressure, but I want the lore to be consistent.
post #6526 of 6531 Old Today, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post
Well, if you really want to get real with it, it's silly they can kill a zombie by stabbing or shooting one in the forehead.

Clearly, it was shown at the CDC that the only active part of a zombie brain is the lower portion around the brain stem. Therefore, destroying that portion should be the only thing that kills them regardless of how damaged the rest of the head is.

In short, it's not the brain you need to destroy: it's the brain stem. The rest of the brain is already dead.

That inconsistency bothers me far more than any other silliness I encounter on the show. I can deal with rotting flesh walking around despite not breathing or having any blood pressure, but I want the lore to be consistent.
True. I guess it falls into the category of not really setting up their own rules and sticking with it. In all fairness though, the CDC storyline was not in the comics and I could see why things that happened there may not mesh with the overall comic storyline perfectly. That is if we feel that Kirkman really fleshed out his rules that much.

In the end I just try to shut off my brain... and enjoy the show for what it is. As long as they don't do anything too outlandish I'm happy with it.
post #6527 of 6531 Old Today, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Usual TV laziness. After a couple of seasons it becomes too much work to make the earlier threats still difficult to kill so they keep nudging the previous encounters aside until the audience forgets they existed. Falling Skies, Supernatural, Stargate ...

post #6528 of 6531 Old Today, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhill View Post
True. I guess it falls into the category of not really setting up their own rules and sticking with it. In all fairness though, the CDC storyline was not in the comics and I could see why things that happened there may not mesh with the overall comic storyline perfectly. That is if we feel that Kirkman really fleshed out his rules that much.
Not being in the source is no excuse. Neither is Daryl. A good writer deals with the hand they are dealt. Kirkman was involved in the first season so he should be able to build on that, but to be honest I think he is vastly overrated.

Not establishing the rules for the world your characters occupy is just lazy. Especially the world you made. But it doesn't seem to me Kirkman is very interested in details.

post #6529 of 6531 Old Today, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 778
Midiclorians and light sabers. And Clone Trooperrs...ughh I mean Storm Troopers. And General Grevious.

Star Wars didn't have all its facts together, but is probably the most widely popular franchise.
post #6530 of 6531 Old Today, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

Yes, its not that big of a deal so long as they're shooting or stabbing them in the head, I can look past it.
Tack likes this.
post #6531 of 6531 Old Today, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Midiclorians and light sabers. And Clone Trooperrs...ughh I mean Storm Troopers. And General Grevious.

Star Wars didn't have all its facts together, but is probably the most widely popular franchise.
Just because something's popular doesn't mean Jar Jar Binks is good.

If you are going to pull up the name of a franchise then at least pick one that George Lucas hasn't continuously tried to destroy. Although that is a good example of a creator peaking early and then everyone eventually realizing he didn't really have anything in reserve beyond the original concept.
mike1812 likes this.

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread