post #6541 of 6553 Old Yesterday, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
My take is that a Walker's bite will infect you with something that causes high fever and then death. That's if the damage from the wound (blood loss, missing vital organs, etc) doesn't kill you first. Then, whatever is in your blood will cause you to turn. A Walker's bite by itself is not the cause of the zombification. Since everyone is infected with the "Z" virus, eating infected flesh will not cause you to turn.
Since we have to write the show lore because Kirkman couldn't be bothered, how about that everyone is infected but the virus is dormant until death occurs? At which point it becomes more virulent so that when introduced into someone else's bloodstream (zombie bite etc.) it activates the dormant infection prematurely and causes living humans to turn while still alive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6542 of 6553 Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I think with the show getting bit just speeds up the process...with the flu-like symptoms like Jim had in season 1...its not like they have enough spare water to stay hydrated or cleaning alcohol to clean the wound...its back to the old days where people died from the common cold
post #6543 of 6553 Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
...and causes living humans to turn while still alive.
When had that happened ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
post #6544 of 6553 Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
When had that happened ?
Every time someone does not die from mortal injury. A single bite would not be fatal unless someone got their jugular ripped out.

So an infected bite would activate the dormant virus which would then proceed to wake prematurely and destroy living cells. That necrosis would cause the person to die.

post #6545 of 6553 Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
I'm not sure, plus the hot Latino's response wasn't very upbeat either.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
You can have him. I prefer Latinas!

Sent from a mobile device.
post #6546 of 6553 Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
when introduced into someone else's bloodstream (zombie bite etc.) it activates the dormant infection prematurely and causes living humans to turn while still alive.
They don't. They die first. They never turn while still living.

post #6547 of 6553 Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
They don't. They die first. They never turn while still living.
Jeez, this is not a hard concept ...

Everyone is wondering how a bite will kill you. That's one way to answer the question.

Everyone is infected with a dormant Z-virus. When they suffer fatal injury or die of natural causes the Z-virus activates and starts turning them into zombies.

When bitten by a zombie carrying the rampant Z-virus it prematurely activates the dormant virus in living people. The activated virus then proceeds to do what it normally does of turning a living person into a zombie. However it also kills living tissue to get to that stage which results in their death. At which point they reanimate.

Just because bitten victims don't go from warm and laughing to dead and wanting brains instantly does not mean the virus is not necrotizing their internal organs. Which is the same for many viruses. The damage is already done internally before outward signs of an infection. Or in this case zombification.

Feel free to make up your own explanation.
daryl zero likes this.

post #6548 of 6553 Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM

Liked: 24
How many people have we seen get bit then die so far? Jim and Amy season 1 right? No one since then? Shane died of blood loss from knife, Randall had his neck snapped...Milton was left with Andrea but died form getting stabbed
post #6549 of 6553 Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Since we have to write the show lore because Kirkman couldn't be bothered, how about that everyone is infected but the virus is dormant until death occurs? At which point it becomes more virulent so that when introduced into someone else's bloodstream (zombie bite etc.) it activates the dormant infection prematurely and causes living humans to turn while still alive.
That's the theory I've been going with for a few years now. Even posted it way back when...

"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD
VisionOn likes this.

post #6550 of 6553 Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddUGA View Post
That's the theory I've been going with for a few years now. Even posted it way back when...

"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD
Ha, nice!

I must have missed that back then. Probably because I had the show on the backburner and wasn't reading the thread.

post #6551 of 6553 Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post
How many people have we seen get bit then die so far? Jim and Amy season 1 right? No one since then? Shane died of blood loss from knife, Randall had his neck snapped...Milton was left with Andrea but died form getting stabbed
A lot of zombies on screen but the death page isn't certain how many died of injuries and how many got zombie rabies.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Li...hs_(TV_Series)
Se7enPtOne likes this.

Last edited by VisionOn; Yesterday at 06:23 PM.
post #6552 of 6553 Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr View Post
As if they would show that in a commercial. Don't be ridiculous.
Don't stir up the spoilerphobics, they don't like it.
post #6553 of 6553 Old Yesterday, 11:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Jeez, this is not a hard concept ...

Everyone is wondering how a bite will kill you. That's one way to answer the question.

Everyone is infected with a dormant Z-virus. When they suffer fatal injury or die of natural causes the Z-virus activates and starts turning them into zombies.

When bitten by a zombie carrying the rampant Z-virus it prematurely activates the dormant virus in living people. The activated virus then proceeds to do what it normally does of turning a living person into a zombie. However it also kills living tissue to get to that stage which results in their death. At which point they reanimate.

Just because bitten victims don't go from warm and laughing to dead and wanting brains instantly does not mean the virus is not necrotizing their internal organs. Which is the same for many viruses. The damage is already done internally before outward signs of an infection. Or in this case zombification.

Feel free to make up your own explanation.
OK. So you're simply creating a possible explanation. I thought you meant that was actually said on the show.

To my memory, they've shown people get bit by a zombie and eventually die, then, after they're dead, they turn.

I think it was Hall who said cooking kills the virus, to which I asked for an example of when they said that. That's how this discussion started. Seems to me if you and I have the same virus, eating you would not give me the virus, or at least not give more virus, cooked or raw.

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page