post #6571 of 6589 Old 10-24-2014, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
To simplify. There are 2 infectious elements. the B-virus that you get when a zombie bites you. You suffer a high fever and eventually die from it. Upon death, for any reason, the dormant Z-virus reanimates your body and you become zombified. The time it takes for reanimation varies depending on the episode's need for drama and suspense.
B-virus = Bite-virus? Funny.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6572 of 6589 Old 10-24-2014, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Been a huge Fan but man I don't know if I can handle much more of the people eating crap while their alive - Zombies aren't enough so we need to BBQ and savor? Gordon Ramsay gonna show and partake.

Sorry, but I draw the line at Living BBQ as being entertaining in any respect but of course Saw fans will probably love this but it's too soon for cannibalism especially since you'll eventually run out of people.

They must establish a sanctuary, like an Island with a tropical climate good soil - clean the island of walkers - walkers can't swim or operate watercraft and they have no frontal lobe to reason.

Fish, Shrimp, Stone Crab in unltd quantities now. Take a Ferry or other watercraft for temporary safe mobile transport.

What's with sticking with inland Georgia? SW FL has year round growing seasons no basements and hundreds of islands, and tens of thousands of water craft and several military bases. It's about time they got the hell out of Georgia and away from People Pulled Pork for all. Come on writers how gross must we get?

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
post #6573 of 6589 Old 10-24-2014, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 View Post
They must establish a sanctuary, like an Island with a tropical climate good soil - clean the island of walkers - walkers can't swim or operate watercraft and they have no frontal lobe to reason.

Fish, Shrimp, Stone Crab in unltd quantities now. Take a Ferry or other watercraft for temporary safe mobile transport.
Stop talking sense! Clearly the best plan is to follow a highly-suspect scientist with no proof across various states to visit a mysterious facility that could have been totally nuked in a Wildfire-type scenario anyway.

post #6574 of 6589 Old 10-24-2014, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
You mean, end the show once and for all ?
post #6575 of 6589 Old 10-24-2014, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
You mean, end the show once and for all ?
They have already approved a spinoff, haven't they?
post #6576 of 6589 Old 10-24-2014, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
They have already approved a spinoff, haven't they?
Yep.

'The Walking Dead’ spin-off taps ‘Fringe,’ ‘Parenthood’ director to helm pilot

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
post #6577 of 6589 Old 10-24-2014, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Zombies can walk through oceans and water on the bottom. You would have to create some sort of trap that didn't stop fish from getting in assuming that there are still fish.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #6578 of 6589 Old 10-24-2014, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Zombies can walk through oceans and water on the bottom.

Yeah, but they can't deal with currents. We've seen it before, when they try to cross creeks/rivers. They are too weak and uncoordinated to maintain their path and get swept away. The ocean sweeps away and knocks down strong, agile humans, so it would definitely wash away walkers.
post #6579 of 6589 Old 10-24-2014, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Yeah, but they can't deal with currents. We've seen it before, when they try to cross creeks/rivers. They are too weak and uncoordinated to maintain their path and get swept away. The ocean sweeps away and knocks down strong, agile humans, so it would definitely wash away walkers.
Plus they would have no reason to walk toward an island out of site and sound of the mainland. However, just like everywhere they end up now, they would still have to protect themselves from other people who might want to take the island from them.
Tack likes this.
post #6580 of 6589 Old 10-24-2014, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post
Plus they would have no reason to walk toward an island out of site and sound of the mainland. However, just like everywhere they end up now, they would still have to protect themselves from other people who might want to take the island from them.
And that is what this show is ultimately about. The Zs are a persistent danger but not the sole focus of the story. The struggle will go on.
post #6581 of 6589 Old 10-24-2014, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Ocean and lake beds are not necessarily flat or firm either. If zombies don't get trapped in the soft, shifting sea floor they could fall into a crevasse or chasm. The deeper it is, the worse the conditions and that's assuming the undead have the ability to navigate underwater to an island anyway. Not to mention being eaten by fish!

Besides humans the only danger to an island base would be the zombies that are occasionally washed ashore, but regular patrols could deal with those easily once the island is under control.

There is almost no downside to an island. Far better than any of the other choices the group have made so far.

post #6582 of 6589 Old Yesterday, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Zombies can walk through oceans and water on the bottom. You would have to create some sort of trap that didn't stop fish from getting in assuming that there are still fish.
The amusing part to your post is, how do they know what direction they are going in once they are under water? Being a diver it is easy loose direction with in 100 yards. Plus even though I love the show I am still amused how in the hot Georgia sun they have not dried up into a jerky like substance yet....

All Comments made are my own and not of my employer.
post #6583 of 6589 Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 109
I am still confused why Bob broke down outside before he was abducted. People say it was the alcohol being passed around inside, but there were no scenes of him lusting after it. Or that he was bitten during the food run. Possible, but very obscure.

Also, what was that mark in the tree after he was knocked out. Did he scratch the tree as he was falling? Was that there before? What does it mean?

Last edited by hooked01; Yesterday at 04:02 PM.
post #6584 of 6589 Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

People can only speculate why he broke down. I'm not so sure he got bit/scratched anymore. I even re-watched the part in the food pantry - he showed no indication that he was wounded by the underwater walker. I'm leaning towards something mental vs physical (wanting to drink with the others or if he did, regretting it, something else from his past, etc).

The mark in the tree isn't known yet either. Morgan saw one as well (a circle with an "x" inside).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
post #6585 of 6589 Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Morgan saw one as well (a circle with an "x" inside)

That was his mark that an area is clear from season 3 episode 12 called Clear

All Comments made are my own and not of my employer.
post #6586 of 6589 Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I think they would have brought up the alcohol if that is what he was crying about...that episode was over a season/year ago and I dont think they would expect the audience to remember that....I am sure he got bit going underwater and just hid it. Jim had hidden getting bit until someone else noticed blood. Maybe he went outside the doors just incase he turned he didnt want to attack sasha or anyone else in the middle of the night
post #6587 of 6589 Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post
I think they would have brought up the alcohol if that is what he was crying about...that episode was over a season/year ago and I dont think they would expect the audience to remember that....
The writers know there are a small number of viewers that (over) analyze the show but I hope they don't write the show with "us" in mind. We're trying to guess and odds are Bob will say something to Gareth that explains it.

You also say you don't expect the audience to remember something, well, I wouldn't expect Rick and the others to remember that Bob had an issue with alcohol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
post #6588 of 6589 Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Bob could have been overcome with relief that he's still alive and happiness in finding the chick and living through two close calls at terminus and in the basement.
post #6589 of 6589 Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
Bob could have been overcome with relief that he's still alive and happiness in finding the chick and living through two close calls at terminus and in the basement.
That was one of my first thoughts too, some happiness in one screwed up world. Emotional overload.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page