"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 223 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #6661 of 6690 Old 10-27-2014, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 798
My question is why didn't Garreth and the termite gang continue eating Bob, instead of returning him. Go to the church and set fire to it, then kill or capture the exiting members of Ricks gang as they fled the fire and smoke. Makes a whole lot more tactical sense than what they did?

I liked the episode, but........
phildaant likes this.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint

Last edited by Archaea; 10-27-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6662 of 6690 Old 10-27-2014, 05:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
My question is why didn't Garreth and the termite gang continue eating Bob, instead of returning him. Go to the church and set for to it, then kill or capture the exiting members of Ricks gang as they fled the fire and smoke. Makes a whole lot more tactical sense than what they did?

I liked the episode, but........
They waited until most of the group left(at least they thought they left) before attacking the church. That made tactical sense. And that was the reason for returning Bob.
MJConnel and phildaant like this.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #6663 of 6690 Old 10-27-2014, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 443
Quote:
My question is why didn't Garreth and the termite gang continue eating Bob, instead of returning him. Go to the church and set for to it, then kill or capture the exiting members of Ricks gang as they fled the fire and smoke. Makes a whole lot more tactical sense than what they did?
For once Rick's group severely outgunned the bad guys, so the Termites knew they had to split them up and knew Bob would be able to tell Rick where he had been kept.

There's no way of knowing if Gareth could get close enough to set the place on fire. It would take a while for the church to burn.

I'm more surprised Rick didn't have a lookout in the spire.
phildaant likes this.

post #6664 of 6690 Old 10-27-2014, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
Huh? Didn't he explain that the he locked up the church at night and in the morning when his parishioners came knocking for help he wouldn't unlock the doors?

They were the ones who carved the message. The same people who created the scratch marks as they tried to break in and escape the zombies.
I couldn't see if there were any titanium blast shutters protecting the windows from being broken by the church goers that wanted desperately to get into the church at the start of the crisis.

Don't worry, I didn't let that interfere with my enjoyment of the episode. Just thought it was funny that his congregation couldn't get into any of the windows...on a one story building.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #6665 of 6690 Old 10-27-2014, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post
I couldn't see if there were any titanium blast shutters protecting the windows from being broken by the church goers that wanted desperately to get into the church at the start of the crisis.
The church definitely has shutters because you can see them on the inside. Even locked wooden shutters would be hard to break in with just your hands and no tools. Especially if you were old.

They obviously didn't go prepared to break in because they never figured their priest would be a cowardy food hoarder.

post #6666 of 6690 Old 10-27-2014, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
For once Rick's group severely outgunned the bad guys, so the Termites knew they had to split them up and knew Bob would be able to tell Rick where he had been kept.

There's no way of knowing if Gareth could get close enough to set the place on fire. It would take a while for the church to burn.

I'm more surprised Rick didn't have a lookout in the spire.
They had time to drop off Bob, and draw a big A on the side of the church (in memory of terminus). They could easily have set it on fire instead in that time. Then hide in the woods surrounding the chapel and off'ed Ricks gang as they came out of the church one by one, confused by the smoke and fire.
phildaant likes this.

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
post #6667 of 6690 Old 10-27-2014, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
They had time to drop off Bob, and draw a big A on the side of the church (in memory of terminus). They could easily have set it on fire instead in that time. Then hide in the woods surrounding the chapel and off'ed Ricks gang as they came out of the church one by one, confused by the smoke and fire.
Possibly, but Gareth also walked in the front door like the place was empty and didn't keep a lookout for Rick coming back either, so it makes a change for Rick not to be the most stupid person in the room.

If some of Rick's group had been behind the altar pointing at the door the remainder could have killed everyone who walked in. Another missed tactical opportunity there.

It's still not that easy to burn a building without gasoline though and if the motivation was to capture most of them alive then a big shootout wasn't going to be the best option.

Last edited by VisionOn; 10-27-2014 at 07:11 PM.
post #6668 of 6690 Old 10-27-2014, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 139
I thought it was one of the better episodes. I liked the theme (four walls and a roof) and the fact that they took care of the Hunters in a savage way. Gareth was a bit too too with his talking so was a never-ending monologuing villain. I also liked the infighting with the groups with Glen and others breaking in and stopping violence and telling Rick that it wasn't up to him. Gabriel's story is a little meh.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #6669 of 6690 Old 10-27-2014, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

I think the termites were motivated by revenge to continue to attack Ricks big group with only five or six attackers. (Gareth's brother and mother were killed by Ricks group so that is significant motivation right there) Gareth knew they were well armed, he also had to know they'd like to kill him if they could. The whole concept of dropping Bob off makes 0 sense to me. You alert Ricks group to your presence, you tick them off further, and you elevate hostilities at first sight even more. (If that is even possible). Bob would have fed them for quite a while. Meanwhile, they could have scoped out the church over a couple weeks - lessening their disadvantage in initial numbers against Ricks group. Gareth would have to be smarter than he played that scenario to have run terminus, as effectively as he did.

I also think that church would go up in flames like a pile of old dry sticks if exposed to flame. A torch, and some alcohol... That's all she wrote.

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout

Last edited by Archaea; 10-27-2014 at 07:33 PM.
post #6670 of 6690 Old 10-27-2014, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I also think that church would go up in flames like a pile of old dry sticks if exposed to flame. A torch, and some alcohol... That's all she wrote.
Did they have any alcohol? That would work but I didn't see them with any.

Of course given they were homeless since Terminus went up on flames, maybe they wanted the church for a base while they ate the prisoners.

post #6671 of 6690 Old 10-27-2014, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
The whole concept of dropping Bob off makes 0 sense to me.
The idea was (I think someone already said this above) that Bob would tell Rick where Gareth and company were and Rick's group would come after them. Conveniently, well, they can write the show any way they want, they did exactly that, or so Gareth thought.

What if Gareth's group stayed at the school ? Would Rick's group have went there and fought them ? Seems as though they wouldn't as they were counting on Gareth's group to come to the church....
post #6672 of 6690 Old 10-28-2014, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
The idea was (I think someone already said this above) that Bob would tell Rick where Gareth and company were and Rick's group would come after them. Conveniently, well, they can write the show any way they want, they did exactly that, or so Gareth thought.

What if Gareth's group stayed at the school ? Would Rick's group have went there and fought them ? Seems as though they wouldn't as they were counting on Gareth's group to come to the church....
Gareth has a big ego and want to taunt Ric and the group.
post #6673 of 6690 Old 10-28-2014, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post
So, Gabriel locked the doors....of a one story church...that has large windows on both sides...that no one could break and climb into...but had enough time....after escaping a Walker herd...to come back...and carve "you'll burn for this", on the side of the wall?

Disengage nitpicking mode.

He clearly said he locked up the church and he even pointed out how they tried to break the shutters to get in but couldn't. So he obviously had the windows locked up too.

post #6674 of 6690 Old 10-28-2014, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
A fire would have alerted Rick's group to return; they were only a 10 minute walk away. The Terminans could not eat any more of Bob's tainted meat, fully cooked or not. You can't cook and safely eat any meat that has gone bad in your fridge, let alone the meat of a bite victim.
post #6675 of 6690 Old 10-28-2014, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post
A fire would have alerted Rick's group to return; they were only a 10 minute walk away. The Terminans could not eat any more of Bob's tainted meat, fully cooked or not. You can't cook and safely eat any meat that has gone bad in your fridge, let alone the meat of a bite victim.

The fire suggestion was at return visit to the church after snatching Bob and realizing it was Rick's group at the church. I was saying tactically - they could have set fire to the church, instead of dropping off Bob and whistling -- this was before Rick's team was even aware of their presence, or knew what happened to Bob. Rick and his crew wouldn't have known the church was going to be set on fire - because they didn't eeven know the group was there dropping off Bob and writing a big A on the side of the church until Gareth's team whistled to draw their attention.

And we don't know if Bob's meat was bad to eat when cooked. The show doesn't go there, neither does the comic. Gareth says it's okay beause it's cooked, but they don't really know.

Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
post #6676 of 6690 Old 10-28-2014, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The fire suggestion was at return visit to the church after snatching Bob and realizing it was Rick's group at the church. I was saying tactically - they could have set fire to the church, instead of dropping off Bob and whistling -- this was before Rick's team was even aware of their presence, or knew what happened to Bob. Rick and his crew wouldn't have known the church was going to be set on fire - because they didn't eeven know the group was there dropping off Bob and writing a big A on the side of the church until Gareth's team whistled to draw their attention.

And we don't know if Bob's meat was bad to eat when cooked. The show doesn't go there, neither does the comic. Gareth says it's okay beause it's cooked, but they don't really know.
But if Gareth sets the church on fire and Rick's posse burn to a crisp, they will not taste very good. Everyone knows that!
post #6677 of 6690 Old 10-28-2014, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I posted this in another forum:
Quote:
Think about it - they had plenty of captives that they could "test" this on. Take a prisoner out, allow them to be bitten or scratched and wait for the symptoms (acting strange, high fever), then fire up the grill. Take that "beef" and feed it to another prisoner and see what happens.
phildaant likes this.
post #6678 of 6690 Old 10-28-2014, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Their own reactions show they never tried that, or they wouldn't have panicked.
post #6679 of 6690 Old 10-28-2014, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
And we don't know if Bob's meat was bad...
Sasha liked it.
Spoiler!
phildaant likes this.

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
post #6680 of 6690 Old 10-28-2014, 05:41 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 186
I think it was on Talking Dead, they explained the termites intention was to take Bob back, to keep the group scared.

Just catching up on about 2 weeks of posts I haven't read until now

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
I think it was Hall who said cooking kills the virus, to which I asked for an example of when they said that. That's how this discussion started. Seems to me if you and I have the same virus, eating you would not give me the virus, or at least not give more virus, cooked or raw.
This made me laugh, because it does not make sense, but I still understand how TWD world expects us to accept what is happening.

Ebola victim bites another ebola victim. Congratulations, you've reached ebola rank 2!

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #6681 of 6690 Old 10-28-2014, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone thing Eugene is lying about having or knowing of a cure?
post #6682 of 6690 Old 10-28-2014, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
Anyone thing Eugene is lying about having or knowing of a cure?
Eh? Have you read this thread?

Easier to ask the reverse.

post #6683 of 6690 Old 10-28-2014, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Eh? Have you read this thread?

Easier to ask the reverse.

Didn't start from the beginning. Only found this thread a couple days ago.
post #6684 of 6690 Old 10-28-2014, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Didn't start from the beginning. Only found this thread a couple days ago.
Then start from the new season posts and you'll get the idea.

Mullets don't lie. But the people with them do. Especially if they are supposed to be scientists.

post #6685 of 6690 Old 10-28-2014, 11:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
The others certainly acted very repulsed when Bob told them/showed them his wound but Gareth immediately yelled that it's okay since they cooked it (him). Certainly sounds like it's something they've dealt with before and know that it's okay.

Maggie presumes that Beth is dead.
To me it appeared Gareth was trying to convince himself as much as the others.

I don't know about Maggie, but no way would I assume my sibling was dead and agree to go to Washington. I'd like to help stop the plague, but my brother or sister first. Especially when there are others who could go. And Tripley if my dad had been murdered recently.

Sent from a mobile device.
post #6686 of 6690 Old Yesterday, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
To me it appeared Gareth was trying to convince himself as much as the others.

I don't know about Maggie, but no way would I assume my sibling was dead and agree to go to Washington. I'd like to help stop the plague, but my brother or sister first. Especially when there are others who could go. And Tripley if my dad had been murdered recently.

Sent from a mobile device.
I believe Daryl told Maggie that Beth had been captured.
post #6687 of 6690 Old Yesterday, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I believe Daryl told Maggie that Beth had been captured.
Yes, he did. Maggie has to, or does, presume the worst in that case and could be why she was willing to leave.
post #6688 of 6690 Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Then start from the new season posts and you'll get the idea.
I may skim through but sometimes its torture reading through some of these posts. I don't understand why people have to pick apart every last detail. Speaking of inaccuracies, why are there no fat walkers or cute college coed walkers?
post #6689 of 6690 Old Yesterday, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Yes, he did. Maggie has to, or does, presume the worst in that case and could be why she was willing to leave.

But she was hell bent on finding Glenn even though all signs pointed to him being dead. But Nooo, she just knew he was alive.

I guess we know how she really felt about Beth. She probably thinks she's the weak, bratty little sister.
post #6690 of 6690 Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Anyone else noticed that Ford always looks like he comes right out of a barber's shop?
At least the rest of them doesn't look like they are coming fresh out of the bathroom.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page