"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 226 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #6751 of 8403 Old 11-04-2014, 02:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1954 Post(s)
Liked: 1096
The hospital was in Atlanta wasn't it? Wouldn't Altanta have a couple orders of magnitude more walkers err.. Rotters than Ricks crew had to deal with in the suburbs/ country?
phildaant likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6752 of 8403 Old 11-04-2014, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
The hospital was in Atlanta wasn't it? Wouldn't Altanta have a couple orders of magnitude more walkers err.. Rotters than Ricks crew had to deal with in the suburbs/ country?
In the first episode the city center was fairly packed but we saw in this episode the area and building wasn't. The basement had a handful that Beth shot in the dark (just one step away from her! ) and the outside was fairly empty apart from a few that the cops took care of.

Over a year even a building could be cleared out floor-by-floor. The corridors are not wide and linear, the stairwells are easy choke points. Just push them back with gurneys and keep stabbing and axing. Since they are working their way down they cannot be flanked, so unlike the prison they cannot get attacked from behind by ninja zombies walking in the unlocked gates.

Guess the cops were too busy with all the raping.

post #6753 of 8403 Old 11-04-2014, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Where was the hospital in the very first episode where Rick first wakes up from his coma?

Sent from a mobile device.
phildaant likes this.
post #6754 of 8403 Old 11-04-2014, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 151
THat was near his home.

Because he makes it to his home after he gets out of the hospital.

Then he rides a horse into Atlanta to find it's overrun, barely gets out alive, only because Glen helped him.
phildaant likes this.
post #6755 of 8403 Old 11-04-2014, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Kinda a yawner episode except for the very end. Not very interesting with many obvious flaws, but good to see beth again......hopefully next episode will be faster paced. 1 thing about the WS is sometimes the glacial pace in developing the story arc.......
phildaant likes this.
post #6756 of 8403 Old 11-04-2014, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
In the first episode the city center was fairly packed but we saw in this episode the area and building wasn't. The basement had a handful that Beth shot in the dark (just one step away from her! ) and the outside was fairly empty apart from a few that the cops took care of.

Over a year even a building could be cleared out floor-by-floor. The corridors are not wide and linear, the stairwells are easy choke points. Just push them back with gurneys and keep stabbing and axing. Since they are working their way down they cannot be flanked, so unlike the prison they cannot get attacked from behind by ninja zombies walking in the unlocked gates.

Guess the cops were too busy with all the raping.

I believe Dawn said that the city had been napalmed.
phildaant likes this.

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Marantz NR-1504
GoldenEar SuperSat 50s
SVS PC-2000
AppleTV 3
Sony PS4
post #6757 of 8403 Old 11-04-2014, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
they showed the city being napalmed in season 2...
phildaant likes this.
post #6758 of 8403 Old 11-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post

Yes, even the skyscrapers looked like they had been bombed out, living just north of Atlanta, that scene was pretty jarring.
phildaant likes this.
post #6759 of 8403 Old 11-05-2014, 04:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
The mystery door they use - right by their car stockade is locked. That's why Beth had to go to the office to get the key.

My question is why did they steal Beth in the first place? I don't recall the ending to that season I guess, but I thought that scene seemed like a trap for Darryl and Beth - that the (at that time, unknown) group just came up, caused a zombie distraction, and kidnapped her in the black hearse with the cross on the window. Was she knocked out in trying to escape the walkers that were attacking the house? Why was her wrist broken? There are still a lot of questions that either I've forgotten were explained or haven't been explained. The whole hospital place where a woman in charge lets seedy men take advantage of other women makes no sense. What kept Gorman from having his way with the boss female cop? I found the whole hospital group scenario very unbelievable. A place like that would need a strong leader to hold the reigns, not a woman who was barely in control, like they kept saying was the current situation. She wouldn't last long at all on empty pep talks that fix none of the groups issues and make all feel like hostages/subordinates.
The producer said the house was not a trap for Daryl and Beth and truly someone's house that was not there.

Beth ran out of the house to meet Daryl on the road. In this episode Beth clearly said she was being attacked by Zombies on the road after she left the house. She then blacked out. The hospital group rescued her from the zombies and took her so she would owe them and they could put her to work in the hospital.

Like they said in the episode a couple times they wouldn't rescue Daryl as he would be a threat, they rescued Beth because she looked like someone they could control, weaker, etc.

They said that Dawn barely has control over the security/police officers. They said she let Gormon have her way with the women because it was a way for Dawn to control them, let them do that and look the other way instead if stopping them (like a disgusting perk for the men). The men let her be in charge as they get what they want, but they said numerous times that Dawn barely has control and things could be changing soon.
Archaea likes this.

post #6760 of 8403 Old 11-05-2014, 05:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
The producer said the house was not a trap for Daryl and Beth and truly someone's house that was not there.

Beth ran out of the house to meet Daryl on the road. In this episode Beth clearly said she was being attacked by Zombies on the road after she left the house. She then blacked out. The hospital group rescued her from the zombies and took her so she would owe them and they could put her to work in the hospital.

Like they said in the episode a couple times they wouldn't rescue Daryl as he would be a threat, they rescued Beth because she looked like someone they could control, weaker, etc.

They said that Dawn barely has control over the security/police officers. They said she let Gormon have her way with the women because it was a way for Dawn to control them, let them do that and look the other way instead if stopping them (like a disgusting perk for the men). The men let her be in charge as they get what they want, but they said numerous times that Dawn barely has control and things could be changing soon.
I think that things are going to change sooner than they think now that Beth and Carol are being reunited. Their little system is about to be turned upside down, lol.
aaronwt likes this.

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Projector____Paradigm 9SE MK II Main LR
Yamaha RX-V667 AVR_______________Paradigm CC-270 V.3 Center
Emotiva UPA-5 Amplifier______________Dual Stereo Integrity 18" Infinite Baffle
Sony BDP-570 Blu Ray_______________DIY Sound Group Volt 10
post #6761 of 8403 Old 11-05-2014, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I thought this episode was rather boring with nothing really to advance any kind of story or plot along other then Beth. While she is fine in her role on the show, I don't think she can hold an entire episode.
I love Beth.
phildaant likes this.
post #6762 of 8403 Old 11-05-2014, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post
they showed the city being napalmed in season 2...
Also, didn't most of the walkers that made up the monster herd that wiped out Hershel's farm come from Atlanta? They saw/heard a chopper, I think.
phildaant likes this.
post #6763 of 8403 Old 11-05-2014, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 356
They didn't do a very good job (IMHO) of defining Dawn and the rest in terms of character backstory or development. They just seemed like a bunch of jerks for no reason I could tell. Instead of "Slabtown" they should have called it "Jerksville."

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #6764 of 8403 Old 11-05-2014, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Be careful what you all for or we'll get an episode explaining all that !

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
post #6765 of 8403 Old 11-05-2014, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post

Exactly...I think we know all that we need to know about them! Move on with the story!
post #6766 of 8403 Old 11-05-2014, 12:45 PM

I wish Gimple didnt like to mess with time so much...we could have had the beth episode spliced in when sgt abrahams group leaving..but as i layed out my opinion on the timeline they are not occurring at the same time and the whole beth angle has happened already...
post #6767 of 8403 Old 11-06-2014, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 355
Quote:
Yep, especially after just finishing off the Terminus a-holes I really don't give a crap about a new bunch of losers running a hospital. Too soon to bring in a new group that Rick has to kill, give the man a rest.
Archaea likes this.
post #6768 of 8403 Old 11-06-2014, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Maybe Dawn will join the group. She's obviously a survivor and able to do whatever it takes to survive. She's just a bit naive, thinking they'll still be rescued.

Sent from a mobile device.
post #6769 of 8403 Old 11-07-2014, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I really enjoyed this week's episode. We finally find out where Beth is. And, the idea of a woman cop creating a mini-fascist state where everyone agrees to abide by her rules because it's better than the outside world is a nice commentary on the real world. Did you notice how they make sure everything is completely orderly (not a hair out of place on the cops' heads)?
Turrican4D likes this.
post #6770 of 8403 Old 11-07-2014, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post
And, the idea of a woman cop creating a mini-fascist state where everyone agrees to abide by her rules because it's better than the outside world is a nice commentary on the real world.
You did get the part about the male cops only following her lead because she was allowing them to rape the women patients didn't you?

post #6771 of 8403 Old 11-07-2014, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
You did get the part about the male cops only following her lead because she was allowing them to rape the women patients didn't you?
No, I didn't hear any dialogue stating that they were 'only' following her for that reason. I might have missed it.

However, it's a characteristic of a totalitarian police state that the thugs supporting the ruler get 'perks' like that.
post #6772 of 8403 Old 11-07-2014, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
The mark or carving that Morgan saw was a circle with an "x" inside. The carvings that they showed in the tree behind Bob was simply a horizontal line with a very short leg (like a backwards "7" rotated 90° clockwise). I think Sasha saw one as well. Not sure I'd there were others...

All of the markings on the trees were from Gareth's group. He even said so in the previous episode. He said they marked the trail so they could find the way back. Yes, the markings were different at the church than they were on the trail. The markings have different meanings. When asked about them, Gimple even said that the markings would be explained in an upcoming episode and then Gareth did.
Tack likes this.
post #6773 of 8403 Old 11-07-2014, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post
No, I didn't hear any dialogue stating that they were 'only' following her for that reason. I might have missed it.
When Dawn kept intervening in Beth's harrassment there were multiple comments and threats made by Evil Guard that maybe it was time someone else was in charge.

Dawn killed the original guy in charge so she was not the ranking officer.

post #6774 of 8403 Old 11-08-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 256
It was my impression that Dawn and the original guy were in command positions, so when Dawn put down the guy, she was "in charge". That's why she calls the shots, but she doesn't have any backup to maintain control over the other cops. So she allows them to do what they want to the prisoners.
post #6775 of 8403 Old 11-09-2014, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Finally! Eugene got punched in his stupid annoying face! He was so ingratiating this episode that the ending turned it all around.

Even though he sabotaged the bus giving me another reason to hate his stupid annoying face, they did find a fire truck as a result, so I'll give him that. Fire truck seems like a pretty useful ride in a zombie apocalypse when you get around the fuel issue. Crew seats, storage lockers, heavy duty build, tools and water storage and cannon.

However this episode did feature multiple instances of zombies being felled by not-killing blows as pointed out previously. Several went down with throat side stabs and up through the jaw with a little knife. They need to make the effort to at least get them in the brain area.
phildaant likes this.

Last edited by VisionOn; 11-09-2014 at 07:21 PM.
post #6776 of 8403 Old 11-09-2014, 07:32 PM

side note: the talking dead should not show the episode deaths in slo-mo anymore..it makes the CG look TERRIBLE!!!
phildaant likes this.
post #6777 of 8403 Old 11-09-2014, 08:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1982 Post(s)
Liked: 1267
Quote:
Finally! Eugene got punched in his stupid annoying face! He was so ingratiating this episode that the ending turned it all around.
I bet all the viewers were trying to figure out why the DC crew couldn't tell that he was full of crap. It seemed so obvious.

Quote:
Fire truck seems like a pretty useful ride in a zombie apocalypse when you get around the fuel issue. Crew seats, storage lockers, heavy duty build, tools and water storage and cannon.
Except when it doesn't run.
post #6778 of 8403 Old 11-09-2014, 08:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1982 Post(s)
Liked: 1267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post
side note: the talking dead should not show the episode deaths in slo-mo anymore..it makes the CG look TERRIBLE!!!
Wait, people watch that? I'd turn the TV off before watching it. The host is a tool bag.
phildaant likes this.
post #6779 of 8403 Old 11-09-2014, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Except when it doesn't run.
Yeah, need to do something about the intake. It's like a vent port on a moon-sized battle station. Maybe add some mesh or a bit of shielding.

But how fast were the previous owners driving to splatter zombie guts up on the roof? Slow down there, Rescue 911! Truck that big could roll through them at even low speeds like water through a decaying skull.

post #6780 of 8403 Old 11-09-2014, 08:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 327
I'm going to say this here, but I think Eugene is dead! Dropped like a 220 lbs bag of potato

DJoel

My sacd collection Speaker: Ascend Tower RAAL, Horizon RAAL center, Tower NrT rears SSP: XMC-1 Amplification: XPA-5 G2 Display: Samsung PN64D7000 Source: Oppo 105D, HTPC 16TB Jriver 20, Tivo Premier, Apple TV2g ,Roku 2 Power:Panamax M5300-PM
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page