"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 232 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #6931 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6932 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
So Carol could get inside the hospital...
That's painful. Is that really worth it? She could have died.
post #6933 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
I thought this episode was average at best, but at least it kept moving and we saw new locations. It was full of padding and then as if the show remembered plot progression it had to rush through the end scene in the space of a few seconds. But at least we got to see Carol remove her poncho to bridge the gap between shooting up Terminus and then encountering Rick just outside in the woods. Valuable information.

Everything about the van on the bridge scene was just terrible. The stunt clearly failed and needed an abrupt edit to make it land wheels up. The characters who are so careful everywhere else decided they didn't need a lookout. Both of them sitting in the front of a van hanging off a bridge was a smart move instead of one sitting on the rear bumper to add at least a bit of counterbalance. They could have kept a lookout too and then they wouldn't have got suddenly trapped by the surprisingly fast moving slow zombies. They must jog off camera.
Totally agree about the van on the bridge. Even now, 13 hrs after having watched the episode, I still can't think of a reason why that entire scene was necessary, or even a good idea. Maybe that was bring your kids to work (and let them direct the scene) day. Daryl had just told Carol that the van would fall, and she said she's lighter, but then they both proceed to climb into the front of the van. Why did anyone think that in the known universe, a van hanging off the edge of a bridge with two front seat passengers should've landed flat on the ground below in the 1st place? That made about as much sense as speeding cars in action movies that ram into the rear corner of a parked car, and launch 20 feet into the air. I also thought it was comical that "Everybody hates Chris" had noted in a previous episode that the hospital people thought he was weak, and now we see him trapped under a bookshelf, looking totally helpless (and weak). If zombies were trying to get me, intending to eat my exposed face, I think I'd be able to lift a stupid bookshelf, or at least scoot out from under it and free myself. Go figure.
Sonyad and phildaant like this.
post #6934 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 09:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
That's painful. Is that really worth it? She could have died.
She made a quick decision as the car was speeding and they\she needed to take advantage of the situation. If she had discussed it with Daryl then he would have never let her do it.
phildaant likes this.
post #6935 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
She made a quick decision as the car was speeding and they\she needed to take advantage of the situation. If she had discussed it with Daryl then he would have never let her do it.
True and no one dies on a popular tv show!
phildaant likes this.

Last edited by mbroadus; 11-17-2014 at 09:20 AM.
post #6936 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 09:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
True and no one dies on a popular tv show!

I guess you haven't watched GoT

Sent from an system/360
taxman48 and phildaant like this.
post #6937 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 974 Post(s)
Liked: 1480
Somedays I don't know what the hell to think
-Daryl

I liked the use of flashbacks last night. Can't believe there's only 2 episodes left. Seems we were just at Terminus getting ready for lunch.
phildaant likes this.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
post #6938 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I guess you haven't watched GoT

Sent from an system/360
Everyone dies on HBO! Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood, GoT, etc. Can't wait for the new season to begin.

In news articles, it says that the walking dead is taking a break for the holidays, when does the next season or half-season begin?
gwsat and phildaant like this.
post #6939 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan View Post
Talking Dead just bought up the camp site scene in the tunnel between buildings, walkers trapped in tents and sleeping bags, just amazing effects.
Brings back memories of my scout troop camping out..

post #6940 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
...in news articles, it says that the walking dead is taking a break for the holidays, when does the next season or half-season begin?
2/8/2015.
post #6941 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 09:36 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1238 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Matter View Post
Totally agree about the van on the bridge. Even now, 13 hrs after having watched the episode, I still can't think of a reason why that entire scene was necessary, or even a good idea. Maybe that was bring your kids to work (and let them direct the scene) day. Daryl had just told Carol that the van would fall, and she said she's lighter, but then they both proceed to climb into the front of the van. Why did anyone think that in the known universe, a van hanging off the edge of a bridge with two front seat passengers should've landed flat on the ground below in the 1st place? That made about as much sense as speeding cars in action movies that ram into the rear corner of a parked car, and launch 20 feet into the air. I also thought it was comical that "Everybody hates Chris" had noted in a previous episode that the hospital people thought he was weak, and now we see him trapped under a bookshelf, looking totally helpless (and weak). If zombies were trying to get me, intending to eat my exposed face, I think I'd be able to lift a stupid bookshelf, or at least scoot out from under it and free myself. Go figure.
The bookshelf was supposed to be very heavy. Even though it obviously wasn't. Even Daryl had a hard time lifting it. And even then only up a little bit.
phildaant likes this.

53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3--32TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #6942 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 09:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1238 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post
So why doesn't Daryl shoot the 2 guards who ran over and picked up Carol?? He was fully armed.
Did you watch the episode? Didn't you see Noah stop him and tell him not to shoot? That they would take carol and give her medical attention.
Sonyad and phildaant like this.

53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3--32TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #6943 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
The bookshelf was supposed to be very heavy. Even though it obviously wasn't. Even Daryl had a hard time lifting it. And even then only up a little bit.
I guess. If it was heavy enough that a zombie almost got to enjoy an open face sandwich (so to speak), then he should've at least been injured from the impact. I could just be nitpicking, though; I suppose I can't rightfully expect realism from a drama with zombies in it. I do love me some zombies, so I'll forgive them for this transgression.
phildaant likes this.
post #6944 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
2/8/2015.
Nice...thanks!
phildaant likes this.
post #6945 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Immediately Darryl and Carol assume the hospital group are adversaries. Once they get Carol, Daryl knows he has to get reinforcements for battle.

I know they've encountered *******s before but they seem to assume they will have to fight every other group they face. Noah hasn't told them what they're like inside, just that they have guns and people.

Was there any thought about negotiating, like hey you have our people, we want them back?

No, the previews suggest they want to ambush them, assume that they will have to take the hospital group out. They don't know about the mega bitch running the hospital, the sex slavery, etc.

They're going to prepare to kill dozen or more people to get Beth and now Carol back.

They could for instance say, if you don't give our people back, we'll systematically hunt your people down, so every time they leave the hospital, we'll whittle their group down, which would affect their survivability.

Or better yet, capture these cops whenever they leave and do a prisoner exchange.

But no, they're going to take all of them out at once, even if it means a big confrontation often results in casualties, including death.
phildaant likes this.
post #6946 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I did watch and "remembered to forget" Noah stopping Daryl. Not sure I fully agree, as we don't know how badly injured she was. Good to see everyone straightening me out. Should be a good final 2 fall episodes. BTW, have they wrapped filming for the year yet?? Thanx
post #6947 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 161
The shelf must have been the same heavy duty brand as the one that trapped Bob in the store with the collapsed roof and zombies raining down.

Noah told D&C that he and Beth tried to escape from the hospital and that she was recaptured. I think that's reason enough for D&C to assume that the cops are bad.

And laying siege to the hospital sounds like the Governor and the prison again. No bueno.
Ph8te and phildaant like this.
post #6948 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 10:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Seems we were just at Terminus getting ready for lunch.
We were. It was 2 days ago in the storyline.

At the rate they're going Carl "Poppa" Grimes is going to be sporting a full on beard like Rick when he graduates middle school.
phildaant likes this.
post #6949 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 11:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

At the rate they're going Carl "Poppa" Grimes is going to be sporting a full on beard like Rick when he graduates middle school.

They save the "big" breaks in time for inbetween season breaks. You know when nothing eventful happens [emoji23]

Sent from an system/360
phildaant likes this.
post #6950 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Immediately Darryl and Carol assume the hospital group are adversaries. Once they get Carol, Daryl knows he has to get reinforcements for battle.

I know they've encountered *******s before but they seem to assume they will have to fight every other group they face. Noah hasn't told them what they're like inside, just that they have guns and people.
The producers/writers and Kirkman have been stating that the show is clearly moving more towards human vs human stories instead of human vs zombies. At this point, the presumption is any other humans or groups of them are "bad" or enemies.
phildaant likes this.
post #6951 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Somedays I don't know what the hell to think
-Daryl

I liked the use of flashbacks last night. Can't believe there's only 2 episodes left. Seems we were just at Terminus getting ready for lunch.
There are not 2 episodes left to the season, they are simply taking a break for the holidays.
phildaant likes this.

post #6952 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
There are not 2 episodes left to the season, they are simply taking a break for the holidays.
This is break is good IMO. To give TWD people a break. Also, no lame reruns for new episodes.
post #6953 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post
I did watch and "remembered to forget" Noah stopping Daryl. Not sure I fully agree, as we don't know how badly injured she was.

Discussion about a preview for next weeks episode:

Spoiler!
post #6954 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Prisoner Swap

Quote:
Was there any thought about negotiating, like hey you have our people, we want them back?
Or better yet, capture these cops whenever they leave and do a prisoner exchange.
I would leave the prisoner exchanges with Homeland..Lets have a big assault!!

post #6955 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

New photo of Carl has been leaked.

Spoiler!
aaronwt and phildaant like this.

post #6956 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Quote:

No, the previews suggest they want to ambush them, assume that they will have to take the hospital group out. They don't know about the mega bitch running the hospital, the sex slavery, etc.

They're going to prepare to kill dozen or more people to get Beth and now Carol back.

They could for instance say, if you don't give our people back, we'll systematically hunt your people down, so every time they leave the hospital, we'll whittle their group down, which would affect their survivability.

But no, they're going to take all of them out at once, even if it means a big confrontation often results in casualties, including death.

I hear what you're saying quite diplomatic, but I think they're scorned by the Gov, getting him to lay down his weapons which didn't go to well for both groups.

It's the wild wild east now!
phildaant likes this.

My sacd collection Speaker Ascend Tower RAAL, Horizon RAAL center, Tower NrT rears Pre/Pro XPS-1 G2 Amplification XPA-5 G2 Display Samsung PN64D7000Source Oppo 103 HTPC 16TB Jriver 19 Tivo Premier Apple TV2g Roku 2Power Panamax M5300-PM
post #6957 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I realize that. There's 2 left in 2014. I should have been more specific.
phildaant likes this.

post #6958 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Question

Quote:
New photo of Carl has been leaked.

Spoiler!
How long will we have to wait to see old Carl? [grin]
post #6959 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
... It's the wild wild east now!
Rick and Carl are perfect for that with their cowboy hats, guns, etc.
Djoel likes this.
post #6960 of 7607 Old 11-17-2014, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Hey a little off topic here well kind of, you diffusing, acoustic panel folks on here. Have you noticed in Talking Dead, behind Chris they have this wooden looking fixture do you guys think it's decoration, or actual diffusing purpose? Looks really cool, I would mind having a piece like that, if it's cheap or Diy and I could afford it that is.

DJOel

My sacd collection Speaker Ascend Tower RAAL, Horizon RAAL center, Tower NrT rears Pre/Pro XPS-1 G2 Amplification XPA-5 G2 Display Samsung PN64D7000Source Oppo 103 HTPC 16TB Jriver 19 Tivo Premier Apple TV2g Roku 2Power Panamax M5300-PM
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page