"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 241 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #7201 of 7219 Old 12-09-2014, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 38
With their favorite Beth quotes on them. I don't remember 1 line she had the entire time she was on the show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7202 of 7219 Old 12-09-2014, 03:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 695
I know it's going to sound like a stretch to many, however, my take on Beth was and is "Suicide by Cop" ..

"You keep telling yourself you have to do whatever it takes just until this is all over. But it isn't over, this is it. This is who you are and what this place is until the end."

She had a relationship with Jimmy .. he died
She had a relationship with Zach .. he died
She watched her Walker Mother put down
She witnesses The Governor slicing Hershel's neck
She told Maggie at one point she wanted to commit suicide and actually made an attempt with a broken glass piece ..
She had inadvertently killed the guy at the Hospital after Steven told her the wrong medicine intentionally ..
She admitted to Daryl she did not have the skills to survive ..
She had always attempted to help keep hope alive for the group at the Prison .. yet her own hope had died ..

her last words were "I get it now" .. Beth knew the stab would be ineffective and Dawn would retaliate ..
I believe, taken within this context, Beth commited "Suicide by Cop" ..
archiguy likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Last edited by mgkdragn; 12-09-2014 at 04:33 PM.
post #7203 of 7219 Old 12-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I know it's going to sound like a stretch to many, however, my take on Beth was and is "Suicide by Cop" ..

"You keep telling yourself you have to do whatever it takes just until this is all over. But it isn't over, this is it. This is who you are and what this place is until the end."

She had a relationship with Jummy .. he died
She had a relationship with Zach .. he died
She watched her Walker Mother put down
She witnesses The Governor slicing Hershel's neck
She told Maggie at one point she wanted to commit suicide and actually made an attempt with a broken glass piece ..
She had inadvertently killed the guy at the Hospital after Steven told her the wrong medicine intentionally ..
She admitted to Daryl she did not have the skills to survive ..
She had always attempted to help keep hope alive for the group at the Prison .. yet her own hope had died ..

her last words were "I get it now" .. Beth knew the stab would be ineffective and Dawn would retaliate ..
I believe, taken within this context, Beth commited "Suicide by Cop" ..
Beth took a huge risk that suicide by cop would not end up with most if not all of her friends dead. It's a miracle nobody fired their assault rifles after Daryl killed the female cop. It could have easily ended up with several dead people on both sides. Selfish of her IMO and I liked her.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
post #7204 of 7219 Old 12-09-2014, 04:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderDelarg View Post
Beth took a huge risk that suicide by cop would not end up with most if not all of her friends dead. It's a miracle nobody fired their assault rifles after Daryl killed the female cop. It could have easily ended up with several dead people on both sides. Selfish of her IMO and I liked her.
If, what I think Angela Kang had in mind on the scene is true, then it would be plausible to believe Beth did not figure on anyone opening fire after the stabbing and subsequent shooting .. it was apparent Beth was not going for mortally stabbing Dawn .. and Dawns reaction was automatic and what a cop would do in a situation like that ..

It's also interesting to note that Maggie is now the last survivor of Hershel's family and this is the 4th time in a row where a woman dies at the end of the first half of the season ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #7205 of 7219 Old 12-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Carol will wake up from a nap and find Beth playing with Judith. It was all a dream. You watch. It'll happen. Bobby Ewing approves.
Or Carol wakes up from that dream still in the hospital, ready to do what we all though she was going to do. NinjaRambo time.

Or Beth wakes up from that dream, Carol was never there. No one is coming for her. Rapey cop is still rapey though.

Quote:

I took that line as either an insult to Dawn or her just telling her to accept reality.
Side note about Dawn - first show where people were saying her name I kept hearing Don. I thought it was a weird name or a nickname. Until someone here wrote it or I saw it in subtitles.

You may be right that it's suicide by cop, your evidence is pretty heavy.

Why would they spend so much time showing how strong she is? All these Beth moments where people are saying she's strong, people misjudging her for weak. To make her weak again and go for a suicide. To me it didn't add up. I think it's just dumb writing. It's like a comedy bit or a gimmick, at this point, to kill off people you've become invested in. I liked Beth's character and her singing. I thought she held up the show by herself when we were stuck with just her.
Turrican4D likes this.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #7206 of 7219 Old 12-09-2014, 04:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
I took that line as either an insult to Dawn or her just telling her to accept reality.
Side note about Dawn - first show where people were saying her name I kept hearing Don. I thought it was a weird name or a nickname. Until someone here wrote it or I saw it in subtitles.

You may be right that it's suicide by cop, your evidence is pretty heavy.

Why would they spend so much time showing how strong she is? All these Beth moments where people are saying she's strong, people misjudging her for weak. To make her weak again and go for a suicide. To me it didn't add up. I think it's just dumb writing. It's like a comedy bit or a gimmick, at this point, to kill off people you've become invested in. I liked Beth's character and her singing. I thought she held up the show by herself when we were stuck with just her.
Well, it's a theory just based on what I interpreted .. my take on the line to Dawn was Beth blowing out what Beth had come to realize ..

Uncle Willie

post #7207 of 7219 Old 12-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well, it's a theory just based on what I interpreted .. my take on the line to Dawn was Beth blowing out what Beth had come to realize ..
It all adds up to that being the case.

My take is what I was getting at the time of the show. All the while not expecting Beth to die in such a stupid way. I knew something was going to happen to close the show, but I didn't expect it the way they presented it.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #7208 of 7219 Old 12-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

It could be the anticlimactic way in which it happened that doesn't sit right with me, and the people that are forming that (lol)petition.

As a beloved character, I think Herschel (or even Dale) was higher on the list. His demise was more fulfilling and acceptable. I hated what happened to him, I miss him, but I can accept it. For some reason I can't accept what happened with Beth.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #7209 of 7219 Old 12-09-2014, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 93
YOu're all assuming that they killed Dawn for story reason.

Maybe with additions to the cast, they couldn't find room to work Beth into episodes. Rosita fills the role of the pretty young thing.

Or they just wanted to have a cast member death for the shock value.
post #7210 of 7219 Old 12-09-2014, 11:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1157 Post(s)
Liked: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderDelarg View Post

Beth also knew that the other cops wanted her dead or out of power. She was allowed to stay in power because she really had none and allowed most others to do what they want to "keep the peace". Killing her basically gave the other cops what they wanted without them having to do the dirty work which is why it was so easy for them to stand down. The risk Beth took was that she misread everything and the other cops actually liked her

Sent from an system/360
post #7211 of 7219 Old 12-10-2014, 01:43 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
YOu're all assuming that they killed Dawn for story reason.
Please explain this, I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Quote:
Or they just wanted to have a cast member death for the shock value.
This is exactly what I'm saying. It has become a gimmick to kill people, now. Especially this death.

Quote:
Maybe with additions to the cast, they couldn't find room to work Beth into episodes. Rosita fills the role of the pretty young thing.
I peg Beth for the person with high Morals, taking the place of her father. We have the priest now, he's such a twat, no one will care about him. Most people want to see him die already. Then there's Tyrese, but he isn't as cute and he can't sing like her.

Maggy is next, looks like they want to eradicate that bloodline. Turn Glenn crazy as a result.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #7212 of 7219 Old 12-10-2014, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 135
So much for Uncle Willy's theory on Beth's death.

Check out Scott Gimple's quote
post #7213 of 7219 Old 12-10-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Was Beth still alive at this point in the comics?

COMING SOONFinding the Ark of the Covenant by Brian Roberts, in the iBook Store on iTunes, a new investigation into the Hebrew’s Most Sacred Relic!
post #7214 of 7219 Old 12-10-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 41
The Beth character on the show didn't exist in the comics.
post #7215 of 7219 Old 12-10-2014, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Gimple already stated that Beth struck Dawn because she was angry that Noah was being left behind, so it wasn't suicide. Apparently Beth finally reached the point where she understood the world, the people living in it and was ready to face it at last. That was the "I get it now." remark.

post #7216 of 7219 Old 12-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

This is interesting.

Turrican4D likes this.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #7217 of 7219 Old 12-10-2014, 04:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
So much for Uncle Willy's theory on Beth's death.

Check out Scott Gimple's quote
Well, it's always fun to speculate .. it could have easily played as a suicide ..

All Hail Merle ..

Uncle Willie

post #7218 of 7219 Unread Today, 04:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post
With their favorite Beth quotes on them. I don't remember 1 line she had the entire time she was on the show.
"I get it now."

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #7219 of 7219 Unread Today, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
My thought while watching the episode was that Dawn did not mean to kill Beth at all. It was more like the gun went off by accident involuntarily as a result of the stab wound. The look on Dawn's face before Daryl shot her was the reason I saw it that way. It was like "I didn't mean it!" BLAM!
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page