"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 242 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #7231 of 7260 Old 12-30-2014, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
http://www.deathbulge.com/comics/180


There's the first one with the bass he's probably returning.

http://www.deathbulge.com/comics/28
Funny and thanks.
phildaant is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7232 of 7260 Old 12-31-2014, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Viventis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hickory, NC
Posts: 1,263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 25
AMC has been showing all seasons in order in their New Years marathon. I did not realize that I was set to record them until I saw that I had a dozen on my hard drive. Always fun to watch early episodes again. The one thing I noticed from the first two episodes was how the walkers seemed to have more human qualities. The very first scene is a little girl walker picking up a doll. There is a walker in Atlanta using a rock to break a store window. It will be fun to watch for other things that didn't seem important the first time through.
phildaant likes this.
Viventis is offline  
post #7233 of 7260 Old 12-31-2014, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dayton
Posts: 2,671
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I saw that yesterday as well. Saw that TWD was playing so I checked it -- not even sure what season or episode it was. It showed Daryl passed out in a riverbed or similar and he was dreaming that Merle was there. When he woke up, it was a walker and this one seemed to "fight" vs than how they typically just lean forward now with their mouths open.
phildaant likes this.
hall is offline  
post #7234 of 7260 Old 01-03-2015, 08:42 AM
Member
 
tonycsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I've been catching some of the episodes here and there. It's amazing how many great moments that I forgot about. How many characters are now dead.
tonycsmoke is offline  
post #7235 of 7260 Old 01-03-2015, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hooked01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post
AMC has been showing all seasons in order in their New Years marathon. I did not realize that I was set to record them until I saw that I had a dozen on my hard drive. Always fun to watch early episodes again. The one thing I noticed from the first two episodes was how the walkers seemed to have more human qualities. The very first scene is a little girl walker picking up a doll. There is a walker in Atlanta using a rock to break a store window. It will be fun to watch for other things that didn't seem important the first time through.
One explanation is that early on, the Walkers were "fresh" so they were more human-like. As time passes, most of the Walkers are decaying. Another is that they're just getting better with the Walker makeup.
phildaant likes this.
hooked01 is offline  
post #7236 of 7260 Old 01-03-2015, 01:18 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 3,090
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Maybe the different show runners had different ideas on how a walker should be, too.
phildaant and stevew24963 like this.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Yrd is online now  
post #7237 of 7260 Old 01-03-2015, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
One explanation is that early on, the Walkers were "fresh" so they were more human-like. As time passes, most of the Walkers are decaying. Another is that they're just getting better with the Walker makeup.
If they are decaying, what happens in the future then? They all fall?
phildaant is offline  
post #7238 of 7260 Old 01-03-2015, 11:46 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 3,090
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
If they are decaying, what happens in the future then? They all fall?

As long as the living are still around, there's going to be fresh zombies comin up.
phildaant likes this.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Yrd is online now  
post #7239 of 7260 Old 01-04-2015, 12:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 2,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
As long as the living are still around, there's going to be fresh zombies comin up.
Less and less though. Less people around to make new zombies (#1) and more people know to poke the brains of the newly dead (#2).
phildaant likes this.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
daryl zero is offline  
post #7240 of 7260 Old 01-04-2015, 03:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,476
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Liked: 786
I feel like according to the Law of Entropy, all zombies, absent a food source, will eventually decay to the point where they no longer pose a threat because they're too decayed (ick), or finally die for good. So the living humans just have to wait them out and not get bitten. Hope that eventually somebody finds a cure before you yourself die and get head-staked by the remaining humans.
phildaant likes this.
archiguy is online now  
post #7241 of 7260 Old 01-04-2015, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
I feel like according to the Law of Entropy, all zombies, absent a food source, will eventually decay to the point where they no longer pose a threat because they're too decayed (ick), or finally die for good. So the living humans just have to wait them out and not get bitten. Hope that eventually somebody finds a cure before you yourself die and get head-staked by the remaining humans.
I wonder if TWD ending will be to wait it out? That's like impossible? Did TWD comics even end?
phildaant is offline  
post #7242 of 7260 Old 01-04-2015, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,696
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Did TWD comics even end?

No. Still going strong. With no end in site, according to Kirkman (the creator).
phildaant likes this.
zeus33 is online now  
post #7243 of 7260 Old 01-04-2015, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
No. Still going strong. With no end in site, according to Kirkman (the creator).
I wonder which version will last longer. I know both of them are on separate paths in terms of story/plot.
phildaant is offline  
post #7244 of 7260 Old 01-04-2015, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wco81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 4,620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Well when living organisms die, they do not have some magical energy making them re-animate and have this voracious appetite for fresh.

So science is not at play here.

You would think though that when they were using flamethrowers and even an atomic bomb, that would have thinned out the zombie herd at least tempoarily.

Of course, there area always more joining their numbers as humans die out.

But humans should be dying in large numbers, with no semblance or normal agricultural production or livestock, no electricity. Only so much processed foods they can scavenge. Eventually they get caught by zombies or they die prematurely from eating bad food.
phildaant likes this.
wco81 is online now  
post #7245 of 7260 Old 01-04-2015, 10:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 7,524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Also, no or very scarce antibiotics. They're not even taking multivitamins. I'm surprised more haven't gotten Scurvy and died. Arrr! Ye Scurvy dog. To the plank with ye! Sorry. Can't resist using the word Scurvy and not talking like a pirate.
phildaant likes this.

__________________________________________

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Waboman is online now  
post #7246 of 7260 Old 01-07-2015, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 7,524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 984
‘The Walking Dead’ Unveils Season 5B Key Art

AMC has released the key art for the second half of The Walking Dead’s fifth season,
which debuts Sunday, February 8 at 9 PM. It features a wrinkled map with the
words “The New World’s Gonna Need Rick Grimes.” The series picks up with
Grimes’ band of survivors on the road, surviving day-to-day and just trying to hold
on to what little they have left following the tragic events of the midseason finale.


phildaant likes this.

__________________________________________

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Waboman is online now  
post #7247 of 7260 Old 01-13-2015, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
timick1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Albany (area), NY
Posts: 646
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just got caught up with the episodes and this thread. There is mention on here about seeing Morgan at the end of this last episode. I don't remember seeing him. The fire truck pulled up and Rick and crew came out of the hospital (with Noah). Where was Morgan?
phildaant likes this.
timick1 is offline  
post #7248 of 7260 Old 01-13-2015, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Selden Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 8,056
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by timick1 View Post
I just got caught up with the episodes and this thread. There is mention on here about seeing Morgan at the end of this last episode. I don't remember seeing him. The fire truck pulled up and Rick and crew came out of the hospital (with Noah). Where was Morgan?
Later. After the credits. Your DVR might be stopping too soon.
phildaant likes this.

Selden

Marantz SR7009/7.1.4/FH+TM/DefTech PM1000/LCR+TM amped
Selden Ball is offline  
post #7249 of 7260 Old 01-14-2015, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
timick1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Albany (area), NY
Posts: 646
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
Later. After the credits. Your DVR might be stopping too soon.

I never watch the credits... or next weeks previews. Looks like I'll be doing some from now on.
Thanks.
phildaant likes this.
timick1 is offline  
post #7250 of 7260 Old 01-14-2015, 12:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,476
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Liked: 786
I think the post-credit coda with Morgan caught everyone by surprise. Shades of Marvel movies! They had never done anything like that before, I don't think. I know I didn't see all of it because my TWC DVR typically cuts a recording off some seconds -- 10 or 15, sometimes more -- before the precise end of the hour. It's really annoying.

Since TV shows are now typically running the next-week's previews at the very end of the hour, leading directly into the next show (better to keep you locked into their channel), I hardly ever see a complete preview anymore. I've mostly stopped watching them.
phildaant likes this.
archiguy is online now  
post #7251 of 7260 Old 01-14-2015, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
I think the post-credit coda with Morgan caught everyone by surprise. Shades of Marvel movies! They had never done anything like that before, I don't think. I know I didn't see all of it because my TWC DVR typically cuts a recording off some seconds -- 10 or 15, sometimes more -- before the precise end of the hour. It's really annoying.

Since TV shows are now typically running the next-week's previews at the very end of the hour, leading directly into the next show (better to keep you locked into their channel), I hardly ever see a complete preview anymore. I've mostly stopped watching them.
This is why I add about five/5 minutes of padding for each recording if possible.
phildaant is offline  
post #7252 of 7260 Old 01-14-2015, 02:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,476
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Liked: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
This is why I add about five/5 minutes of padding for each recording if possible.
Yeah, I can do that, but because that causes the recording to lap over into the next hour, it creates occasional conflicts and missed recordings. A whole 'nother set of annoyances.
gwsat and phildaant like this.
archiguy is online now  
post #7253 of 7260 Old 01-14-2015, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Yeah, I can do that, but because that causes the recording to lap over into the next hour, it creates occasional conflicts and missed recordings. A whole 'nother set of annoyances.
Yeah. Dual tuners isn't enough. Haha.
phildaant is offline  
post #7254 of 7260 Old 01-14-2015, 02:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,476
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Liked: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
Yeah. Dual tuners isn't enough. Haha.
Not anymore, unfortunately. Or fortunately, depending on how you look at it. TV is no longer a vast wasteland; rather an embarrassment of riches with all the great new serialized dramas that have exploded on the scene in recent years.

I'm moving next month (goodbye and good riddance TWC!!) and my new Moxi DVR will have six tuners!
phildaant likes this.
archiguy is online now  
post #7255 of 7260 Old 01-14-2015, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 7,524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Yeah, my X1 has 6 tuners and they're gonna be pushed hard this Friday.

Maybe it's 5 tuners. It all blends together after awhile.
phildaant likes this.

__________________________________________

When life gives you limes, make margaritas

Last edited by Waboman; 01-14-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Waboman is online now  
post #7256 of 7260 Old 01-15-2015, 09:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
NetworkTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 15,750
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Yeah, I can do that, but because that causes the recording to lap over into the next hour, it creates occasional conflicts and missed recordings. A whole 'nother set of annoyances.
You should be able to catch the re-air, which would avoid the conflict.
phildaant likes this.
NetworkTV is offline  
post #7257 of 7260 Old 01-15-2015, 10:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,476
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Liked: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post
You should be able to catch the re-air, which would avoid the conflict.
It happens on every show, and all that conflict avoidance and re-scheduling is more hassle than I need. Fortunately, in another couple of weeks it won't matter anymore. Six tuner DVR's -- what a boon to mankind!
phildaant likes this.
archiguy is online now  
post #7258 of 7260 Old 01-15-2015, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
phildaant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An Ant Farm
Posts: 2,991
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Yeah, my X1 has 6 tuners and they're gonna be pushed hard this Friday.

Maybe it's 5 tuners. It all blends together after awhile.
No kidding. My Friday nights are BUSY too. I thought Friday nights were bad for new episodes.
phildaant is offline  
post #7259 of 7260 Old 01-15-2015, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 7,524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
No kidding. My Friday nights are BUSY too. I thought Friday nights were bad for new episodes.
I know! Friday seems to be the busy night. My DVR is set to record 4 of my shows and 2 of my wife's. Madness!

__________________________________________

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Waboman is online now  
post #7260 of 7260 Unread Today, 06:17 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 28,661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Keenan is online now  
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off