"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 251 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1427Likes

post #7501 of 8239 Old 03-01-2015, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
My thoughts on this new compound:
Why didn't they ask the requirements of the "audition?" What happens when someone doesn't pass? Are they going to leave that person outside the gate? Are they going to cook them? Do they get the janitor job? What will our group do if they find one or two of them unfit?.
Those were my very first thoughts when I heard the word "audition." To me, the most likely to fail the audition is Rick. His completely unnecessary violence towards his new host may be his undoing. No way they just let someone loose outside the gate if he/she fails the audition. That is just asking for a revenge assault on the compound or anybody leaving on a mission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7502 of 8239 Old 03-01-2015, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
Since it's fresh in my head, I'll comment about people dieing overnight in their sleep. Just handcuff themselves to something. One hand in a cuff with the key sitting easily in reach. Zombies can't unlock themselves. Or straps like in mental hospital, locking someone in their bed. Just one strap should do.
That's why I say everyone should lock themselves in a room at night... live in homes with locked doors to the outside AND to each individual room.

You don't want to strap yourself down or handcuff yourself... that would slow you down in an emergency. Imagine being startled awake in the night and you can't find the key in the dark or loosen the strap... meanwhile you could have gotten up and out of your room to help someone else before it was too late... You want to be freely mobile within your secured room, but secure within the room from surprises from outside AND yourself secured inside the room if you die at night so you don't get out and harm others.

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #7503 of 8239 Old 03-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Cold rolled steel eh, looks more like galvanized steel panels...
post #7504 of 8239 Old 03-01-2015, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan View Post
Cold rolled steel eh, looks more like galvanized steel panels...
Stolen from a shopping center building material pile that was just about ready to start going up....
post #7505 of 8239 Old 03-01-2015, 08:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 232
I liked the episode tonight. How has someone not forced Daryl take a shower already?
mike1812, gwsat and phildaant like this.
post #7506 of 8239 Old 03-01-2015, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Of course I can be totally wrong, but I feel like we've seen this before...

Group finds good spot to hang out at
Someone lets walkers in
Crazy shtuff happens, lose a few main characters
Back we go to the outside, struggling to survive (even though the winters have been no problem)
phildaant likes this.
post #7507 of 8239 Old 03-01-2015, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Carl saw a girl out side the gates who quickly disappeared like a ninja, was that the girl who stepped out who, and totally awkward!

To me I think there are a few security issues, I don't see any look out especially on the front gate! Also I would think Rick would come in and consult the senate about any flaws of the place!

Good episode

Djoel
phildaant likes this.

My sacd collection Speaker Ascend Tower RAAL, Horizon RAAL center, Tower NrT rears Pre/Pro XPS-1 G2 Amplification XPA-5 G2 Display Samsung PN64D7000Source Oppo 103 HTPC 16TB Jriver 19 Tivo Premier Apple TV2g Roku 2Power Panamax M5300-PM
post #7508 of 8239 Old 03-01-2015, 09:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1681 Post(s)
Liked: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
Carl saw a girl out side the gates who quickly disappeared like a ninja, was that the girl who stepped out who, and totally awkward!

To me I think there are a few security issues, I don't see any look out especially on the front gate! Also I would think Rick would come in and consult the senate about any flaws of the place!

Good episode

Djoel

Are we missing some of your 1st question? He didn't just see her outside, he saw her go outside and followed her. She's the one that is most like the group and has seen and lived in the real world.

There is a lookout, they mentioned it once or twice. As far as consulting I think his best advice was to not let anyone from the outside in. The biggest security threat they'll have is from outsiders.

I really liked the episode, don't trust Deanna as she's a Politician AND wanted to be a poker player which means she should be good at lying as well not showing her hand. Her induction method is a perfect way to disarm most people and find out what makes them tick or the best way to "disarm" them. The only one not fully buying in is Daryl which is something I would expect. I saw shades of the governor in Ricks last statement.

Sent from nowhere
post #7509 of 8239 Old 03-01-2015, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Slow episode, but not a bad one/1.
post #7510 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 649
Yeah kind of slow, but this time it had a point in building the mystery and ambiguity. So I thought it was interesting in exploring this new place through the eyes of paranoia. Plus, new locations and people! And Rick unbearded. Very weird.

WTF moments were still in evidence though.

They drive the vehicles to the gates and leave them outside? Eh? Do they have valet service too?

Reinforced walls with the support beams on the outside? Unless they are expecting to recruit The Hulk at some point thats not a good defense suggestion from an engineer. Not cold steel either. Looked like corrugated roofing. I guess we can put that down to Aaron not knowing anything about construction.

Under attack by zombies Rick pulls out a tiny knife. Even though he has a massive bowie knife strapped to his hip. Sure it's a good looking knife Rick, but unless the blade falls off I would use that as my first option to prevent an eating death. You can't use it for special occasions when you're dead.
Sonyad and phildaant like this.

Last edited by VisionOn; 03-02-2015 at 03:07 AM.
post #7511 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 03:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
The only one not fully buying in is Daryl which is something I would expect. I saw shades of the governor in Ricks last statement.
You did notice that Carol lied about everything? Even disarming she seemed to feign weakness.

So that means she is trying to start fresh and pretend everything so far never happened, or she's hiding her capabilities and personality in order to avoid showing her hand to people she is not sure of yet.

In that respect she is being far more cautious than Daryl. They know he's a potential threat already by not trying to assimilate.
phildaant likes this.

post #7512 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
You did notice that Carol lied about everything? Even disarming she seemed to feign weakness.

So that means she is trying to start fresh and pretend everything so far never happened, or she's hiding her capabilities and personality in order to avoid showing her hand to people she is not sure of yet.

In that respect she is being far more cautious than Daryl. They know he's a potential threat already by not trying to assimilate.
Carol is a better Poker Player than the Congresswoman IMO.
Sonyad and phildaant like this.

All Comments made are my own and not of my employer.
post #7513 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
When she said she always had dinner ready for Ed when he got home from work and missed him so much, I realized she was putting on an act.
Ph8te and Djoel like this.
post #7514 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 50
.. The girl who went outside was the "you don't like me, do you" quiet girl on the bed ..
Perhaps she is meeting with her "family" outside, or even those that were mentioned "banished" were her people , & she was allowed to stay / left there by them ...

It's odd that the question hasn't been asked to these Alexandria people, if they have/ how they would ward off or defend against "bad guys" in a speeding school bus or dump truck, or attracting large giant "herds" of "roamers", which seems to have always become a big problem when they stay in 1 place too long ....
post #7515 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Are we missing some of your 1st question? He didn't just see her outside, he saw her go outside and followed her. She's the one that is most like the group and has seen and lived in the real world.

There is a lookout, they mentioned it once or twice. As far as consulting I think his best advice was to not let anyone from the outside in. The biggest security threat they'll have is from outsiders.

I really liked the episode, don't trust Deanna as she's a Politician AND wanted to be a poker player which means she should be good at lying as well not showing her hand. Her induction method is a perfect way to disarm most people and find out what makes them tick or the best way to "disarm" them. The only one not fully buying in is Daryl which is something I would expect. I saw shades of the governor in Ricks last statement.

Sent from nowhere

Pardon, those question should have remain in my head, what I wrote was more of observations more than anything else. I rewatched the epi again and I saw it was clear as day it was the same girl, and I suppose she took Ricks gun as well.

Good epi.

DJoel
Ph8te likes this.

My sacd collection Speaker Ascend Tower RAAL, Horizon RAAL center, Tower NrT rears Pre/Pro XPS-1 G2 Amplification XPA-5 G2 Display Samsung PN64D7000Source Oppo 103 HTPC 16TB Jriver 19 Tivo Premier Apple TV2g Roku 2Power Panamax M5300-PM
post #7516 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 07:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Of course I did I also noticed how she was playing a role as soon as she met people (struggling with her gun). I was referring to outward facing emotions only. Daryl is the only one "outwardly" fighting the new place. They had a good discussion about it on "Talking Dead".

Sent from nowhere
post #7517 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 07:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
Pardon, those question should have remain in my head, what I wrote was more of observations more than anything else. I rewatched the epi again and I saw it was clear as day it was the same girl, and I suppose she took Ricks gun as well.

Good epi.

DJoel

No need to pardon, sometimes we all miss stuff the 1st part of your question seemed "disjointed" which is why I asked .

I wouldn't put it past her to take it as we know that the Alexandria group has been watching them for awhile without being noticed.

Sent from nowhere
post #7518 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked: 1093
Best episode in a long time IMO.

Carol is doing it right. Surprised she didn't council the others to do the same.

Michonne is way too happy. I predict she is next to die.

I wonder if the little girl who sneaks out of the compound is visiting parents or relatives who didn't "pass" the audition. I need to watch it again and see if her backpack is less full than when she left. I'm almost positive she has Rick's gun.

Darrell's "dinner" line was classic.

As far as "cold rolled steel", maybe they're bringing in Chevy Trucks as a sponsor.
Kingram likes this.
post #7519 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Both Carl and the gloomy teen girl slipped over the fence yet no one asked why they were outside when everyone came wondering back in. Rick didn't say a thing to Carl when he showed up around the corner as Rick was doing his rounds.
post #7520 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked: 671
They mentioned on Talking Dead that several scenes had to be cut due to time. However, I suspect it's more likely lazy writing. As usual.

Selden

Marantz SR7009+MM9000/Atmos 7.1.4 (FH+TM:DefTech PM1000)/LCR+TM amped
post #7521 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Yeah like "Carl how the heck did you get out?" and response would be "I followed that girl I just met, she climbed the wall easily, she's up to something", maybe next episode?

Was it some chemistry between Rick and Samantha? I thought she was single mother but the husband was creeping outside at night, but I think they'll will fight each other over jealousy
Djoel likes this.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #7522 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post
Yeah like "Carl how the heck did you get out?" and response would be "I followed that girl I just met, she climbed the wall easily, she's up to something", maybe next episode?

Was it some chemistry between Rick and Samantha? I thought she was single mother but the husband was creeping outside at night, but I think they'll will fight each other over jealousy

Yup, Rick nearly cried getting a hair cut He would love her long time, or no time at all

Did yoiu see Rick's face when the husband told him my wife gave you a hair cut! he was wtf, did I get those signals wrong!

Djoel
phildaant likes this.

post #7523 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Did I imagine that Carl saw someone in the "abandoned" house just outside the gates right before they all went inside? Was she the same as the gloomy girl that he met inside? Perhaps she's sneaking food out to her parents that failed the auditions?

And there's bound to be something going on between Rick and his stylist. I hate to see a soap opera love triangle story line happen. It was bad enough with Shane and Lori.
post #7524 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
Did I imagine that Carl saw someone in the "abandoned" house just outside the gates right before they all went inside? Was she the same as the gloomy girl that he met inside? Perhaps she's sneaking food out to her parents that failed the auditions?
Yup same gloomy emo girl..

Quote:
And there's bound to be something going on between Rick and his stylist. I hate to see a soap opera love triangle story line happen. It was bad enough with Shane and Lori.
Well it was done to Rick( which is debatable him being thought for dead), so he's probably thinking it's better to be the cheater and the cheatie

Djoel

post #7525 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Under attack by zombies Rick pulls out a tiny knife. Even though he has a massive bowie knife strapped to his hip. Sure it's a good looking knife Rick, but unless the blade falls off I would use that as my first option to prevent an eating death. You can't use it for special occasions when you're dead.
Rick and Carl were hoping they were being watched by their future gf's in there lifes

Those two, muy macho!

DJoel

post #7526 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Or she is a spy for a group wanting to overthrow the community.
Ph8te and Djoel like this.
post #7527 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Ok guys where is the priest? He was in the RV last week and nowhere to be seem in this week’s episode at Alexandria. The whole gang was at Alexandria, but not the priest. Where is he?
phildaant, gprace and Djoel like this.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"

post #7528 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 11:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post
Ok guys where is the priest? He was in the RV last week and nowhere to be seem in this week’s episode at Alexandria. The whole gang was at Alexandria, but not the priest. Where is he?

I was thinking the same thing, I thought I missed/forgot his death....

Sent from nowhere
post #7529 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legairre View Post
I noticed that too. Hopefully, they left him on the side of the road when he had to go take a leak.

Or he will be banished after his audition for being worthless.
post #7530 of 8239 Old 03-02-2015, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Yeah something is up with the priest. He's too weak to survive on his own and I can't see the group leaving him as a scout. Not sure what happened or where he is. if he was dead they would have shown his death. You really can't expect the priest to save them like Carol did at Terminus.
phildaant likes this.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page