"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 268 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #8011 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itwillneverend View Post
On my DVR I can extend the end time of shows I record, maybe you can do the same on yours. Try editing your recording settings on your box.
Thanks. Yeah, I will do that, I guess. Typically, I extend a minute or two on both ends anyway just to be sure I catch it all.
phildaant likes this.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8012 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Ha just watched an episode of Blue Bloods the other night and my son was hey isn't that Diana. Sure enough she was a guest star.
post #8013 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 10:13 AM

The bg question...are we going to see Morgan this season?
post #8014 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 10:19 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
Lennie James(Morgan) is currently starring in a SkyHD medical drama called "Critical" which runs for 13 episodes. I'm not sure when or if all the episodes of "Critical" have been filmed yet, but my guess is that unless it's for a very brief appearance, the season finale maybe, Morgan will not be seen again this season on The Walking Dead.
post #8015 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I Know what the w's mean. But I can't release such information without releasing many spoilers.

Vizio M501d-A2R(Calibrated), LG BD-330, Pioneer VSX-524-K, Custom DIY LCR Mains, DIY Sub ( Kicker 10c124, 1 ft3, 25 hz tune, powered by xm-sd46x(using only rear channel in bridge mode, 150watts), powered by 400w atx power supply.) Work in progress.
post #8016 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
It was. I think someone had too much time on their hands though.
I believe those YouTube artists get paid.
post #8017 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 11:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
That would be nice. I remember, I think it was a preview on TTD, that they showed him in the forest all geared up but then never seen him in an episode yet. Does anyone else remember that? Maybe like 4 episodes ago. No wait, we also saw him in Gabriel's Church where he found a note that mentioned Rick's name.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Morgan-The-Walking-Dead-Season-5-1.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	610937  
phildaant likes this.

Last edited by Itwillneverend; 03-18-2015 at 11:52 AM.
post #8018 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 11:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Quote:
See my Post #8006 on the previous page .. I think so ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #8019 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
See my Post #8006 on the previous page .. I think so ..
ah...seems that site is blocked at work
post #8020 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 12:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary147852 View Post
I Know what the w's mean. But I can't release such information without releasing many spoilers.
Yes .. I have to catch myself sometimes too ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #8021 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 234
So, to recap...

Kid catches Carol stealing guns... Carol threatens to drag him from his bed in the middle of the night, tie him to a tree, and let him be eaten alive by zombies IF he tells anyone about what he saw.

BUT...

Carol suspects kid's father might be an abusive dad... so now Carol wants to protect the kid?

Wait... what?

I am SOOOOOOO not in support of abusive parents... but as far as we know, the parent isn't threatening to drag his son out to have him eaten alive...

Carol seems to be on the path to becoming the screwed-up Carol from the comics.

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #8022 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
So, to recap...

Kid catches Carol stealing guns... Carol threatens to drag him from his bed in the middle of the night, tie him to a tree, and let him be eaten alive by zombies IF he tells anyone about what he saw.

BUT...

Carol suspects kid's father might be an abusive dad... so now Carol wants to protect the kid?

Wait... what?

I am SOOOOOOO not in support of abusive parents... but as far as we know, the parent isn't threatening to drag his son out to have him eaten alive...

I took the threat toward the kid as a way of just scaring him from not to say anything about the guns not as a real serious threat to hurt him like his own father is doing to him and his mom. Carol's little talk with the kid in the kitchen made her feel bad, especially since her husband was abusive as well. IMO...

Last edited by Itwillneverend; 03-18-2015 at 06:28 PM.
post #8023 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 208
OK you know what I don't get about TDW? How in all this time they haven't designed a system for taking down the walkers without getting so up close and personal? Like I don't know, a spear? A bayonet?

Second how do they still get sneaked up on by the walkers. These things are not exactly stealthy. You think the smell alone would tip them off.
Turrican4D likes this.
post #8024 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 02:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked: 856
Quote:
So, to recap...

BUT...

Wait... what?

Carol came from an abusive relationship. Once she saw/heard the signs that he may be beating the kids wife and maybe the kid her sympathy for them kicked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post
OK you know what I don't get about TDW? How in all this time they haven't designed a system for taking down the walkers without getting so up close and personal? Like I don't know, a spear? A bayonet?

Second how do they still get sneaked up on by the walkers. These things are not exactly stealthy. You think the smell alone would tip them off.

I think with most people not taking baths or having a ample supply of deodorant the smells all blend together. Also the lakers only really make audible noises when they see/hear humans. Otherwise they are fairly quiet besides the walking.

As far as a weapon you make what you can and while a spear would be ok for at distance, you would be vulnerable when dealing in close quarters and large groups. They do use poles, katanas, etc when available however. Of course all long range kills don't create that much drama or suspense either.

Sent from nowhere
post #8025 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 03:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
For the safest possible Vacation, Foraging Trip, Sightseeing Tour or trip to visit the neighbors, I always recommend :

Ph8te likes this.

Uncle Willie

post #8026 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesmarais View Post
And the older sister is way hotter anyways!
Without question
post #8027 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 202
I find it interesting that TWD's "Walkers" seem to differ from the usual fictional zombies. The latter are usually shown as "must eat brains" types which gives the viewer the impression that their feeding is needed to exist. Walkers, on the other hand, can be stranded in a locked room for who knows how long since the actual passage of time hasn't been revealed. Even Walkers lacking limbs seem to exist without feeding. If it's not an eat or expire situation why all the angst. They should just chill.
post #8028 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 06:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
I find it interesting that TWD's "Walkers" seem to differ from the usual fictional zombies. The latter are usually shown as "must eat brains" types which gives the viewer the impression that their feeding is needed to exist. Walkers, on the other hand, can be stranded in a locked room for who knows how long since the actual passage of time hasn't been revealed. Even Walkers lacking limbs seem to exist without feeding. If it's not an eat or expire situation why all the angst. They should just chill.
I deleted mine as you had it fixed when I posted, and then I saw your post about Win 10 in the email notification. There was a poster in the HOTP thread that had a similar issue earlier but he only double-posted, also on Win 10.
post #8029 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

I'm sure everything smells like that.

Vizio M501d-A2R(Calibrated), LG BD-330, Pioneer VSX-524-K, Custom DIY LCR Mains, DIY Sub ( Kicker 10c124, 1 ft3, 25 hz tune, powered by xm-sd46x(using only rear channel in bridge mode, 150watts), powered by 400w atx power supply.) Work in progress.
post #8030 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

True Dat! But this is TWD, lol...

I always wondered how some of the walkers became Ninjas...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesYRGPFGWD.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	611721  
post #8031 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
I took the threat toward the kid as a way of just scaring him from not to say anything about the guns not as a real serious threat to hurt him like his own father is doing to him and his mom. Carol's little talk with the kid in the kitchen made her feel bad, especially since her husband was abusive as well. IMO...
But from the kid's perspective... his dad is apparently abusive, and the adult who asks him about it is herself an adult who threatened to kill him! So... what's the kid supposed to feel? That's why Carol threatening the kid is such a dick move... besides being mean, she of all people ought to know better than to threaten a kid.

IF it had been an adult who followed Carol, and she threatened an adult... it would still be mean, but it would be a whole lot more defensible as at least she was threatening a potential equal. She ought to know better about being in a position of weakness relative to someone abusing or threatening to abuse you in order to get compliance from you.

Quote:
Thinking logically, though... a spear, you throw it... then what? How many spears can you realistically carry around? Then you have to go get them... and then you'll be in close-quarter fighting proximity... so better to have the swords like Michonne or the bow & arrow or crossbow like Darryl.... and also carry smaller knives or a machete. A gun with a bayonet is a good idea, though... in the olden day when guns had to be loaded & packed after each shot... the bayonet helped you fight off people in close quarters in between reloads where necessary.

Quote:
In a world like that... you quickly adjust to the smell. Now, if they start living in homes with solar powered electricity and have central air for heat/cool and can spend significant time indoors and sealed off from the outside smell... then being out in the smell would be new again... Think anytime you've been around a bad smell... it doesn't suddenly smell like roses, but you slowly adapt and your brain ignores the smell somewhat after a point.

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #8032 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
But from the kid's perspective... his dad is apparently abusive, and the adult who asks him about it is herself an adult who threatened to kill him! So... what's the kid supposed to feel? That's why Carol threatening the kid is such a dick move... besides being mean, she of all people ought to know better than to threaten a kid.
I don't even know anymore. The writers are crazy that's all I can say and that's all I will say about that because crazy **** happens in this show and I enjoy almost every moment of it, its like watching the Twilight Zone all over again....

Well I do not know why the kid came back to Carol and opened up, I guess it was them cookies. Those F'n cookies much be F'n delicious.
post #8033 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
Think men and sex.
post #8034 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thinking logically, though... a spear, you throw it... then what? How many spears can you realistically carry around? Then you have to go get them... and then you'll be in close-quarter fighting proximity... so better to have the swords like Michonne or the bow & arrow or crossbow like Darryl.... and also carry smaller knives or a machete. A gun with a bayonet is a good idea, though... in the olden day when guns had to be loaded & packed after each shot... the bayonet helped you fight off people in close quarters in between reloads where necessary.

Well I'm not thinking about throwing it. Just stab them with it while they are at a distance. Should not be hard since they are not terribly coordinated. Not like they will dodge and weave. Up close, you need to drop the spear and go for something else of course.

Good point about the smell. It is unclear what the walkers are supposed to smell like. Since, you know, they pretty much defy the laws of thermodynamics.
post #8035 of 8322 Old 03-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well I'm not thinking about throwing it. Just stab them with it while they are at a distance. Should not be hard since they are not terribly coordinated. Not like they will dodge and weave. Up close, you need to drop the spear and go for something else of course.

Good point about the smell. It is unclear what the walkers are supposed to smell like. Since, you know, they pretty much defy the laws of thermodynamics.
I thought about using a spear to and have some backup, maybe even some mini-close- quarter spears and make a holder for them for easy access. At least they are free to make as long as you have something sharp to cut tree branches with.
post #8036 of 8322 Old 03-19-2015, 06:29 AM

Did everyone talking about spears and such forget fence clearing in the prison with all the long sharp objects? Crowbars, sharpened canes, long sharp sticks?
Ph8te likes this.
post #8037 of 8322 Old 03-19-2015, 06:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Did everyone talking about spears and such forget fence clearing in the prison with all the long sharp objects? Crowbars, sharpened canes, long sharp sticks?
OK.. So what are you trying to say?
post #8038 of 8322 Old 03-19-2015, 06:46 AM

Quote:
OK.. So what are you trying to say?
Saying that they have used those items before. Also lets not forget that they have been on the road since Terminus for a considerable amount of time, limited water, food, rest etc. They are traveling light. Barley the clothes on their backs and minimal weapons. Not sure they are going to be carrying stacks of sharpened metal rods, besides they barely had the strength to continue walking I don't see them entering the javelin event at the Olympics
Ph8te likes this.
post #8039 of 8322 Old 03-19-2015, 06:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked: 856
Quote:

Spears however are much slower than other melee objects and you would need to take the time to grab another weapon if there is a large group of them. In close quarters I'm not sure they want to take the risk.

Quote:

Yes for fence clearing it worked well, out in the open it may not be the same.

Sent from nowhere
post #8040 of 8322 Old 03-19-2015, 07:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The fence clearing at the Prison really required a longer, stabbing weapon .. the use of short blades, swords, small axes, hammers, baseball bats, etc would all seem, to me anyway, the most efficient way to dispatch a slow moving target with a soft head .. when it's possible to foot stomp a Walker head and pulp it ..

And then, of course, there is this :

Ph8te likes this.

Uncle Willie

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread