"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 274 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #8191 of 8322 Old 03-29-2015, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Because it showed his character and that he wouldn't admit to his "fault". That last scene was her giving "forgiveness" because Gabriel finally admitted that he let them all die (which was what was driving him to his self destruct sequence). He finally let go of that pent up guilt and her giving him a hand up was part of the symbolism of giving forgiveness.

Sent from nowhere
I really liked that scene, especially since Maggie lost a sister and father. Its as if she was saying we've all been through the bad.. get up, brush yourself off and troop on.

That and when Morgan saw Rick? Like wtf man, what happened to you lol

Great episode and season, prob my favorite since S1
aaronwt, gwsat and Ph8te like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8192 of 8322 Old 03-29-2015, 09:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1839 Post(s)
Liked: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by calyco View Post
I really liked that scene, especially since Maggie lost a sister and father. Its as if she was saying we've all been through the bad.. get up, brush yourself off and troop on.

That and when Morgan saw Rick? Like wtf man, what happened to you lol

Great episode and season, prob my favorite since S1

It was a great scene as both him and Sasha were broken and couldn't forgive themselves. That scene was great. For Morgan it was in direct contract to the all life is precious/important line. He has been working hard not to kill anyone and didn't even kill the two wolves who tried to kill him.

Sent from nowhere
post #8193 of 8322 Old 03-29-2015, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1358 Post(s)
Liked: 2306
I enjoyed the finale. The first sight Morgan "every life is precious" sees of Rick is him covered in blood executing someone. Then again, when Rick last saw him, Morgan was in his crazy place. The tide ebbs and flows. So the Wolves are only those two nut jobs Morgan left in the wrecked car? Wait. No one answer. I don't want to know. The music seemed very Carpenter-esque. Which I thought was cool. Well, now the wait begins...
AlexanderDelarg likes this.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
post #8194 of 8322 Old 03-29-2015, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycsmoke View Post
Healthy....not once did they take Mary Ann or Ginger out behind the huts.
Or both.
post #8195 of 8322 Old 03-29-2015, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 158
I like the season 5 finale. Yay, Morgan finally returns to Rick but dang. I hope Morgan can fix him up.
post #8196 of 8322 Old 03-29-2015, 11:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
So the Wolves are only those two nut jobs Morgan left in the wrecked car? Wait. No one answer. I don't want to know.
You did see there were two others who set the booby trap at the food distributor right?
post #8197 of 8322 Old 03-29-2015, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson View Post
You did see there were two others who set the booby trap at the food distributor right?
Guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. Thought they were the same two. My bad.

post #8198 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Boy, some good info on The Talking Dead with an interesting peak at next season and the direction they are going to go.
gwsat and phildaant like this.

post #8199 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 68
On the Talking dead, the actor who played Morgan said that his scene where he honked the horn after putting them in the car, was meant to signify that Morgan feels " all life is precious", and that it would alert the friends of the 2 wolves to come get them.
I, like the host, assumed it was a dinner bell for Walkers ... The director sure didn't get that message across in filming the scene ....
post #8200 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 06:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1424 Post(s)
Liked: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post
On the Talking dead, the actor who played Morgan said that his scene where he honked the horn after putting them in the car, was meant to signify that Morgan feels " all life is precious", and that it would alert the friends of the 2 wolves to come get them.
I, like the host, assumed it was a dinner bell for Walkers ... The director sure didn't get that message across in filming the scene ....
I didn't quite understand the ability of honking of the horn though. Wouldn't the battery have been dead? I also thought it was for the Walkers.
phildaant likes this.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #8201 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I didn't quite understand the ability of honking of the horn though. Wouldn't the battery have been dead? I also thought it was for the Walkers.
Nay, the actor on TTD said it was make sure that there were no walkers around "because every life is precious" then the first thing he sees is limpdick kill the husband and then Rick put him down. Morgan (grasshopper) reminds me of the guy in Kung Fu, but he also brought a world of **** down on poor Alexandria now and I'm sure he wont be sticking around to help defend., but at least Rick has finally kicked some sense into them.

Last edited by zetachi; 03-30-2015 at 06:48 AM.
post #8202 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 60
the 2 wolves in the beginning were the same as the ones at the end...

Father Gabriel gets my vote for zombie kill of the week.
jamieva and Turrican4D like this.
post #8203 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 130
WOW Tension, Suspense, Action and Drama....

Classic Episode, I wonder how the Rick & Morgan dynamic will play out...
post #8204 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post

yeah that or Daryl's chains of love and ys was the same two wolves, not too bright wolves so I'm thinking they are not the leaders of that group. Hopefully the rest are just as dumb as sticks as these two yokels.
post #8205 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 88
I'm sure I'm going to be wrong because on 50/50 chances I usually am, but I'm going to say that Rick actually put the bullet in Deanna's husband's head before he turned and not the other guy.
hall and Djoel like this.
post #8206 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post

Yes, they were the same two. The one who talked to Morgan said the same words to the dude in the slicker before they slit his throat. Another group of cannibals?
post #8207 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
I'm sure I'm going to be wrong because on 50/50 chances I usually am, but I'm going to say that Rick actually put the bullet in Deanna's husband's head before he turned and not the other guy.
Not beyond the realm of possibilities.
post #8208 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 07:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Then the Talking Dead would be wrong too (they showed him as one of the casualties). Also the angle seemed to be wrong since Rick walked towards the other husband and Deanna was to his back then it was done.

Sent from nowhere
post #8209 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 07:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked: 973
A great finale to a great season that just went by way to fast .. hopefully "Fear the Walking Dead" will not only help with my WD fix between seasons but will be a great show as well ..

Rick has been right all along .. if Deanna had listened, her husband would still be alive .. the three head Walker head chain decapitation was. excuse me here, off the chain ..

“The new world is gonna need Rick Grimes.”
mike1812 and Ph8te like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #8210 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Snip:

Rick has been right all along .. if Deanna had listened, her husband would still be alive ..

“The new world is gonna need Rick Grimes.”
Annoying stretched out,"Yeeeeeeeah", but if Rick and gang had never been there her husband would have been alive. She could think of it that way, and think Father Gabriel was right after all.

Djoel

My sacd collection Speaker: Ascend Tower RAAL, Horizon RAAL center, Tower NrT rears SSP: XMC-1 Amplification: XPA-5 G2 Display: Samsung PN64D7000 Source: Oppo 103, HTPC 16TB Jriver 19, Tivo Premier, Apple TV2g ,Roku 2 Power:Panamax M5300-PM
post #8211 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 08:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
Annoying stretched out,"Yeeeeeeeah", but if Rick and gang had never been there her husband would have been alive. She could think of it that way, and think Father Gabriel was right after all.

Djoel

Well. there's always what if's .. Deanna wanted the group in, she got the group in, she wanted people with "experience surviving" and she got what she wanted .. she just ended up in denial because what she got did not fit her idea of the Utopian society she envisioned .. now that she's had a big taste of the Real World. she's gonna toughen up .. or die .. "Be careful what you wish for"

Point being, it was Deanna that "recruited" Rick and the crew .. they would not be there if not for her scouts ..

On Father Gabe .. I don't like him, I would not trust him .. a coward is a coward ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Last edited by mgkdragn; 03-30-2015 at 08:36 AM.
post #8212 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Well. there's always what if's .. Deanna wanted the group in, she got the group in, she wanted people with "experience surviving" and she got what she wanted .. she just ended up in denial beacause what she got did not fit her idea of the Utopian society she envisioned .. now that she's had a big taste of the Real World. she's gonna toughen up .. or die .. "Be careful what you wish for"

Point being, it was Deanna that "recruited" Rick and the crew .. they would not be there if not for her scouts ..

On Father Gabe .. I don't like him, I would not trust him .. a coward is a coward ..
Well Eugene is/was a professed coward, who may or may not have changed. Thinking that Gabriel was/is a coward ... maybe. That he is torn between what the Lord says and what he did that's a roger, but looks like him and Sasha may have worked through their inner demons. I have to say I have re-watched the entire show over the last few weeks and you can def. tell those that are trying to keep their humanity and those that are willing to do anything to anyone to survive. The looks on Glenn and maggies face after the massacre in the church is a prime example, plus the fact that Glenn would not kill coward not once but twice after he tried to kill glenn and that maggie would not let Sasha kill Gabriel shows how much they want to remain human. I think adding Zen Morgan to the mix is going to be very interesting dynamics.
post #8213 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I enjoyed the episode. I thought for sure that Glen was a goner when that d-bag coward guy (can't recall the character name) left him on the ground, shot, with a horde of walkers all over him. That d-bag needs to be put down.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
post #8214 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was Rick, and Hell followed with him.
Stereodude and dlep like this.

post #8215 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was Rick, and Hell followed with him.

I got that.

COMING SOONFinding the Ark of the Covenant by Brian Roberts, in the iBook Store on iTunes, a new investigation into the Hebrew’s Most Sacred Relic!
post #8216 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 08:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
Well Eugene is/was a professed coward, who may or may not have changed. Thinking that Gabriel was/is a coward ... maybe. That he is torn between what the Lord says and what he did that's a roger, but looks like him and Sasha may have worked through their inner demons. I have to say I have re-watched the entire show over the last few weeks and you can def. tell those that are trying to keep their humanity and those that are willing to do anything to anyone to survive. The looks on Glenn and maggies face after the massacre in the church is a prime example, plus the fact that Glenn would not kill coward not once but twice after he tried to kill glenn and that maggie would not let Sasha kill Gabriel shows how much they want to remain human. I think adding Zen Morgan to the mix is going to be very interesting dynamics.
Exactly why “The new world is gonna need Rick Grimes.”

And yes, Kung Fu Morgan was great .. if and when Michonne picks up the Katana again, the pairing of those two we could only hope for ..

Uncle Willie

post #8217 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Thumbs up

I was going to post the same question as a previous poster. Why didn't Maggie pass along the conversation she overheard with the preacher and Deanna? Also it would have been nice to see how Glenn got away from those walkers.. Series will be even better with Rick and Morgan.. Great finale!!

post #8218 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 08:43 AM

Quote:

And yes, Kung Fu Morgan was great .. if and when Michonne picks up the Katana again, the pairing of those two we could only hope for ..
Michone did put on the Katana again. But she and Morgan wont see eye to eye although for walker killing they do its only when humans are involved where his "views" will put them to the test
post #8219 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 08:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Did you miss the scene where she put the Katana on again? She was putting it on the wall then stopped sheathed it and put it on her back.

Sent from nowhere
AlexanderDelarg likes this.
post #8220 of 8322 Old 03-30-2015, 08:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I have to add that Carol's Casserole Delivery to Pete was one of my favorite scenes in the entire season ..
MJConnel, mike1812, Ph8te and 2 others like this.

Uncle Willie

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread