"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 276 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #8251 of 8271 Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Thing I don't get is how Lennie tracks or happens to run into the group in Alexandria. Last time he was on their trail was in Terminus, in Georgia. He's suppose to have found them several hundred miles north? And he wasn't tracking some trail of bodies the group left in its wake, at least not in a car.
My wife says, and she's the smart one! When Rick last saw Morgan, I don't think they had met Eugene yet. But the map Morgan found was from when half the group (Glenn/ Maggie Eugene, Redhead dude) went north to DC and the other half went into Atlanta to save Beth. Redhead dude gave Rick the map and circled DC and highlighted their route. That’s the map Morgan found…. He found it at the library near the church Gabrielle was living in.

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B / Marantz NR-1504 / SVS PC-2000 / Velodyne CHT Front Row / AppleTV 3 / Sony PS4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8252 of 8271 Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
He had the map with their path to D.C.
But that was the map where the route was blocked by that zombie horde Abraham and gang couldn't get through. Although Alexandria is part of the DC metro area, this particular detour is due to Aaron, so I don't know how Morgan got so close. Secondly how do you get from Georgia to Alexandria, yet "get lost" when everything in Alexandria will point you towards D.C.?
post #8253 of 8271 Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I don't know if they will make Morgan a regular cast member -- until they kill him off. I guess they have to rotate in new characters to tell their backstories.

And how stupid was Glenn, following Nicholas and then attacking him after being shot, with walkers all around?

Yeah everyone is suppose to be badass and can singlehandedly survive a horde of walkers but it's a stupid risk to take.
AlexanderDelarg likes this.
post #8254 of 8271 Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad View Post
But that was the map where the route was blocked by that zombie horde Abraham and gang couldn't get through. Although Alexandria is part of the DC metro area, this particular detour is due to Aaron, so I don't know how Morgan got so close. Secondly how do you get from Georgia to Alexandria, yet "get lost" when everything in Alexandria will point you towards D.C.?
Hmm good point, forgot that part... so we are back to it's TV they can do whetever the hell they want even if it makes no sense
post #8255 of 8271 Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

But Morgan had a rabbit's foot.

When he meets his demise, it will be because he will have lost it.
post #8256 of 8271 Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1292 Post(s)
Liked: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
It was an after the end scene.
Crap. I missed it. I switched to watching the Talking Dead.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #8257 of 8271 Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad View Post

So, if Morgan also came upon the impassible section, maybe he tried to get around it using some other route and lost his bearings. Presumably, he had a vehicle at some point and probably followed the same transportation technique of not hoarding gas when possible, so he just ran out and abandoned the vehicle. The map was not very detailed, so if he had to go on foot away from the main roads, it's possible to get lost. No recollection of him being an Eagle Scout or Military Tracker.
post #8258 of 8271 Old Yesterday, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I have to add that Carol's Casserole Delivery to Pete was one of my favorite scenes in the entire season ..
And I bet that bastard didn't clean it.
phildaant and Djoel like this.
post #8259 of 8271 Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Another record setting finale!!

Another viewing record for the WD: The Walking Dead" Sunday night drew the largest live audience for a finale in series history: 15.8 million total viewers.. Delayed viewing should push it to over 20 million..

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2167469
aaronwt and phildaant like this.

post #8260 of 8271 Old Today, 12:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I didn't quite understand the ability of honking of the horn though. Wouldn't the battery have been dead? I also thought it was for the Walkers.
We don't know how long the car had been unused. People have been driving on the show, apparently with magic gasoline... but still, if anyone had driven the car recently, no problem working the horn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
I'm sure I'm going to be wrong because on 50/50 chances I usually am, but I'm going to say that Rick actually put the bullet in Deanna's husband's head before he turned and not the other guy.
Rick was looking at Deanna when she said "do it"... he turned to take the shot. IF he shot her husband, he wouldn't have needed to turn... he turned to shoot drunk dude.

Meanwhile...

The comic was a little different... but on the TV show, the way this played out... It's really all Carol's fault you know. Carol stole the guns, lied about it, threatened the kid of the abuser... then tells Rick to kill the abuser... then she goes and threatens the abuser herself just to stir the pot some more! Basically, Carol caused all of the mess... well, except for Glenn's problem and Gabriel's problem... but the stuff that led to drunk dude getting killed by Rick and Deanna's husband being killed by the drunk dude... that's on Carol.
Turrican4D likes this.

Me do not have signature.
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #8261 of 8271 Old Today, 12:36 AM
AVS Special Member

So in the comics, Rick didn't have a hard on for Jessie, the drunk abuser's abused wife?

In the show, Abraham was holding the guy down, including a hand on his head. Did Rick shoot with Abraham so close to the guy? Yikes, Abraham should be pissed.
post #8262 of 8271 Old Today, 02:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
So, if Morgan also came upon the impassible section, maybe he tried to get around it using some other route and lost his bearings. Presumably, he had a vehicle at some point and probably followed the same transportation technique of not hoarding gas when possible, so he just ran out and abandoned the vehicle. The map was not very detailed, so if he had to go on foot away from the main roads, it's possible to get lost. No recollection of him being an Eagle Scout or Military Tracker.
It still has the effect of Morgan teleporting from Georgia to Virginia yet getting lost when he could look over the Potomac. Anyway it was the show's awkward way of Morgan showing the map to Daryl.
post #8263 of 8271 Old Today, 04:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 106
C'mon, Morgan was lost because he's clearly blind
aaronwt likes this.
post #8264 of 8271 Old Today, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Regarding Morgan honking the horn in the car after dumping the "W"'s in there, I thought his plan was to put the guys in the back seat, honk the horn to attract walkers, then close the door and get as far away as he can. Honking the horn would attract some walkers and guarantee that he had some time to get far away from the two "W" guys.

Lennie James said, on the Talking Dead, that honking the horn was to make sure that no walkers were around. That doesn't make sense to me. How long do you wait there after honking the horn?

Regarding Glenn, they didn't show his escape from the gaggle of walkers. At the end of one scene, he was on the ground and clearly overwhelmed. In a following scene, he's alive and well. I was glad he was ok, but felt a little like a victim of the old Saturday afternoon serial trick. You know, where the good sheriff is surrounded by a tribe of angry Indians with the arrows ready to fly at him but then after the commercial, the Sheriff is magically back in town. Cheap trick.

Cary
Sonyad and AlexanderDelarg like this.
post #8265 of 8271 Old Today, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmccorm View Post
Regarding Glenn, they didn't show his escape from the gaggle of walkers. At the end of one scene, he was on the ground and clearly overwhelmed. In a following scene, he's alive and well. I was glad he was ok, but felt a little like a victim of the old Saturday afternoon serial trick. You know, where the good sheriff is surrounded by a tribe of angry Indians with the arrows ready to fly at him but then after the commercial, the Sheriff is magically back in town. Cheap trick.
Not the first time TWD did this. Tyrese in the prison comes to mind. (or was that in the comics?)

I see it as Zombie Apocalypse shorthand rather than a cheap trick. Seeing Glenn escape the walkers is inconsequential (just proves what we already know, Rick's clan knows what they're doing) and we go straight to the confrontation with Nicholas.
post #8266 of 8271 Unread Today, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I liked the finale, but the part where the idiot guard left the gate open and asked Gabriel to close it behind him was a ridiculously contrived excuse to let Walkers in the community. That was just weak writing.
On one hand, I agree with you, but on the other hand, the Alexandria people are not hardcore survivors, and Gabriel was suffering from an emotional breakdown of sorts, so maybe it wasn't all that far-fetched.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
post #8267 of 8271 Unread Today, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 229
How much leeway does Gabriel get with all of his crap? The dude basically tried to kill the community and has been acting awful for some time. He locked his flock out of the church and yet he gets kumbayaas with Maggie and Sasha. I don't know if that is because he is supposed to be a priest or some real cynicism from the writers about religion. Either way its creepy.

Rick's mantra about "how things are now" is also lame to an extent. But a walker comes in or a perfectly timed murder by Pete makes the Ricktatorship seem all but a done deal. The guy is an eyelash away from being the Governor. Instead of being evil, he just is stubbornly wrong half the time.

The shot of Sasha lying with the deadzombs was pretty visually impressive although kinda gross if you think about the smell they would have thrown off. Its okay to smell bad as long as you look good?

I thought Daryl wouldn't have fallen into the trap set. He usually is sharper than that. He had to see trip wires somewhere.

Glenn's little story was almost ridiculous. How could anyone not know that was a trap. Why would he follow Nicholas? Just for the show to prove that Glenn still has his humanity intact? Well that makes everyone but Rick and Carol who have a heart.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #8268 of 8271 Unread Today, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
How much leeway does Gabriel get with all of his crap? The dude basically tried to kill the community and has been acting awful for some time. He locked his flock out of the church and yet he gets kumbayaas with Maggie and Sasha. I don't know if that is because he is supposed to be a priest or some real cynicism from the writers about religion. Either way its creepy.

Rick's mantra about "how things are now" is also lame to an extent. But a walker comes in or a perfectly timed murder by Pete makes the Ricktatorship seem all but a done deal. The guy is an eyelash away from being the Governor. Instead of being evil, he just is stubbornly wrong half the time.

The shot of Sasha lying with the deadzombs was pretty visually impressive although kinda gross if you think about the smell they would have thrown off. Its okay to smell bad as long as you look good?

I thought Daryl wouldn't have fallen into the trap set. He usually is sharper than that. He had to see trip wires somewhere.

Glenn's little story was almost ridiculous. How could anyone not know that was a trap. Why would he follow Nicholas? Just for the show to prove that Glenn still has his humanity intact? Well that makes everyone but Rick and Carol who have a heart.
And Rick and Carol may end up living the longest among the group.....

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
post #8269 of 8271 Unread Today, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by calculon68 View Post
Not the first time TWD did this. Tyrese in the prison comes to mind. (or was that in the comics?)

I see it as Zombie Apocalypse shorthand rather than a cheap trick. Seeing Glenn escape the walkers is inconsequential (just proves what we already know, Rick's clan knows what they're doing) and we go straight to the confrontation with Nicholas.

Tyrese was surrounded by Walkers when he and Darryl, Michonne and Bob went on a medicine run when the Prison had it's Ebola outbreak. The car was surrounded by Walkers and everyone else scampered for the woods, but Tyrese stood next to the car and was engulfed in Walkers. Then after the other 3 dispatch the Walkers in the woods, Tyrese comes strolling up after bashing his way through the hordes with his skinny little hammer. I believe they showed some flashbacks this season of him doing the actual bashing that was not seen when it actually went down.
post #8270 of 8271 Unread Today, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Season 5 Bluray in August

Looks like we'll be able to buy Season 5 Bluray in August. I like being able to watch with better pictures and sound plus without commercials. And this will give me back a lot of space on my PVR when I delete the entire saved hi-def Season 5!

http://dailydead.com/the-walking-dea...ate-announced/

Last edited by DoDaLeCa; Today at 11:51 AM.
post #8271 of 8271 Unread Today, 02:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 1407
I want to see the next season !

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page