"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 304 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2128Likes

post #9091 of 9395 Old 11-18-2015, 02:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1264 Post(s)
Liked: 1405
Listen to Wabo, the Yoda of AVS .. Glenn is Dead ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9092 of 9395 Old 11-18-2015, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Listen it's the Walking Dead. Have they ever spent more than a season in one place. The walls are going to fail or someone is going to bring them down, most of the non-essential cast will be killed and/or eaten and we move off down the road with the survivors to some other temporary local for next season. End of story
leebo likes this.
post #9093 of 9395 Old 11-18-2015, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
Listen it's the Walking Dead. Have they ever spent more than a season in one place. The walls are going to fail or someone is going to bring them down, most of the non-essential cast will be killed and/or eaten and we move off down the road with the survivors to some other temporary local for next season. End of story
They did stay at the prison more than one season

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #9094 of 9395 Old 11-18-2015, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.kingsley View Post
It started so strong but since the Glenn episode all the momentum sputtered out. I'm sure the last episode will be good but I wish the pacing were more consistent.

agreed...they start out each season strong then the middle episodes before the 3 month hiatus sort of drag...things then pick up again in the mid-season finale...I'm hoping Glenn's fate will be revealed this coming week though and not in the mid-season finale
post #9095 of 9395 Old 11-18-2015, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1750 Post(s)
Liked: 2075
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
agreed...they start out each season strong then the middle episodes before the 3 month hiatus sort of drag...things then pick up again in the mid-season finale...I'm hoping Glenn's fate will be revealed this coming week though and not in the mid-season finale

I gotta feeling they're going to stretch the "Glenn Thing" out till the end of the season. I hope I'm wrong.

This would never happen, but if they really want to freak people out, reveal Glenn as a fresh and feisty Zom popping up out of the periphery and..... bite a preggo Maggie. Mass hysteria ensues.
post #9096 of 9395 Old 11-18-2015, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Glenn isn't really dead until the others know about it?

Maybe make Maggie shoot him through the head?

The fact that they're milking this shows a certain level of cynicism.
post #9097 of 9395 Old 11-18-2015, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
I gotta feeling they're going to stretch the "Glenn Thing" out till the end of the season. I hope I'm wrong.

This would never happen, but if they really want to freak people out, reveal Glenn as a fresh and feisty Zom popping up out of the periphery and..... bite a preggo Maggie. Mass hysteria ensues.

they followed the same pattern a few seasons back when Sophia disappeared before they revealed her as a walker in the mid-season finale...I think Glenn is alive (even though him escaping that situation sounds like a jump the shark moment)
post #9098 of 9395 Old 11-18-2015, 09:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3312 Post(s)
Liked: 6153
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Listen to Wabo, the Yoda of AVS .. Glenn is Dead ..
Wise mgkdragn is.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
post #9099 of 9395 Old 11-18-2015, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
they followed the same pattern a few seasons back when Sophia disappeared before they revealed her as a walker in the mid-season finale...I think Glenn is alive (even though him escaping that situation sounds like a jump the shark moment)

I definitely remember that. I quit the show for about a year after that reveal episode. Threw the remote and everything. I never saw it coming like a lot of people did and felt as used as a rental car. If Glenn isn't dead I'll crawl into the TV and take him out myself.

post #9100 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 02:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Subtitles lie.
Subtitles don't lie, anymore then guns kill people!
post #9101 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 02:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Glenn isn't really dead until the others know about it?
This theory was explained on Silicon Valley 😁
post #9102 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Thoughts:
* Glen was "filmed" as being too alert, screaming and alive while "his" guts, chest, lungs were being ripped out wholesale .. Either he's not dead, or bad production simply to let people wonder ..
* If Glen is dead, he surely (should have) been devoured by the hoard to the point of no return, or at least a completely unrecognizable carcass , No Zombie glen walking up to one of our heroes ..
I'm leaning 65/35 he's still alive ..
post #9103 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post
Thoughts:
* Glen was "filmed" as being too alert, screaming and alive while "his" guts, chest, lungs were being ripped out wholesale .. Either he's not dead, or bad production simply to let people wonder ..
* If Glen is dead, he surely (should have) been devoured by the hoard to the point of no return, or at least a completely unrecognizable carcass , No Zombie glen walking up to one of our heroes ..
I'm leaning 65/35 he's still alive ..
Yeah I don't get how people are refusing to believe Glen is alive somehow. Yeah they tried to make it look like he died, but he didn't.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
post #9104 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 07:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2416 Post(s)
Liked: 1881
I think we noted a possible solution to the Glenn survival issue some pages back. The other guy is the one getting his guts ripped out and while the walkers are feeding on him, Glenn quickly (very quickly) rolls under the dumpster which miraculously has just enough ground clearance to allow him to do so. He manages to kick away enough walkers while under there to survive until somebody or something distracts them enough to allow him to escape. Ta da!
post #9105 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 08:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I'm gonna post the clip one more time folks ... nobody fell on top of Glenn .. he's gone and all of you are in denial ... can you say Jon Snow .. ??

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #9106 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
I'm gonna post the clip one more time folks ... nobody fell on top of Glenn .. he's gone and all of you are in denial ... can you say Jon Snow .. ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybfGq9hkqUU
OK so look at about 1:50 s on that video. Can you explain how they are ripping Glens intestines out of his upper chest? It looks like the hands ripped right through his rib cage and pulled his intestines out of where his heart and lungs should be?
post #9107 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The overhead shot at the very end is really well done. All those walkers with their hands out in front of them. Very cinematic and creepy.
post #9108 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 09:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
[Yoda] Mistaken mgkdragan is. Alive Glenn is. Misdirect the writers do. Sneaky they are. [/Yoda]
post #9109 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 09:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
OK so look at about 1:50 s on that video. Can you explain how they are ripping Glens intestines out of his upper chest? It looks like the hands ripped right through his rib cage and pulled his intestines out of where his heart and lungs should be?

Since I was fortunately, not among the Walker crew at the time of the disembowelment, all I can do is guess .. and if I guessed, you'd say I was wrong ..

How about that's how the camera guy and the director framed the shot .. ??

Glenn is in agony, obviously .. however, you guys can choose to believe and hold out hope .. hell, I liked Glenn too and all indications are, we'll still see some of him in flashback ..

On the "roll under the dumpster theory" .. by some slim stretch, he might be able to wiggle under the dumpster ..

Uncle Willie

post #9110 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 09:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
On the "roll under the dumpster theory" .. by some slim stretch, he might be able to wiggle under the dumpster ..
It's a special TeeVee Dumpster™ that has bigger wheels, thus more clearance or "headroom" underneath, than ordinary, run-of-the-mill dumpsters.
post #9111 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Just look at that video. Look at where Glen's head is in relation to the "chest" that is being destroyed by the walkers. It's not his chest.

JoeTiVo likes this.
post #9112 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 09:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Whaaaaat?!?!? I haven't seen it yet. Waiting for the BD to be released. Don't need to buy it now. I know what happens. Lol.
mike1812 likes this.

post #9113 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 09:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Let me throw one more "Glenn is alive" theory at ya. I believe they ran out of bullets prior to climbing on the dumpster. So when what's his name shoots himself there shouldn't be any bullets in his gun. It's all a hallucination... or is it...?

post #9114 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 09:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson View Post
Just look at that video. Look at where Glen's head is in relation to the "chest" that is being destroyed by the walkers. It's not his chest.

Then who's chest is it .. ?? Let's assume that Nic did fall on top of Glenn (I don't think so based on the video, but let's assume) .. Nic's head would then be, at the minimum, at or below Glenn's chest, since you do not see Nic's head at all .. thus, if it were Nic's entrails, the Walkers would have to be pulling them even further up than if they were Glenn's ..

Uncle Willie

post #9115 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Here is another take that makes more sense to me, that followed the above youtube vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH57...#t=4.347790735
post #9116 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 10:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaji View Post
Here is another take that makes more sense to me, that followed the above youtube vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH57...#t=4.347790735
The guys theory is BS .. for that to be true, Nic would need to be laying crossways on top of Glenn, with Nic's stomach being across Glenn's chest .. thus, providing Glenn with even less protection .. IOW, Glenn's lower torso and both legs would still be fully exposed, as well as his head .. he would be pinned under Nic and the Walkers would have full access to Glenn's lower body .. an appealing, exposed, tasty snack ..
Sonyad likes this.

Uncle Willie

post #9117 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 10:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
The guys theory is BS .. for that to be true, Nic would need to be laying crossways on top of Glenn, with Nic's stomach being across Glenn's chest .. thus, providing Glenn with even less protection .. IOW, Glenn's lower torso and both legs would still be fully exposed, as well as his head .. he would be pinned under Nic and the Walkers would have full access to Glenn's lower body .. an appealing, exposed, tasty snack ..
I think what we'll eventually find out is that Nic's body is slightly askew on top of Glenn so that his head is not visible in the tight close-up but the rest of his body is bent in such a way as to shield Glenn's body and legs with his own. I think what the next shot will be is Glenn desperately scooting or rolling under the TeeVee Dumpster™, kicking and pushing walkers away as he goes.

If I'm right, I want every regular contributor on this thread to come back and "like" this post.
post #9118 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 10:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Then who's chest is it .. ?? Let's assume that Nic did fall on top of Glenn (I don't think so based on the video, but let's assume) .. Nic's head would then be, at the minimum, at or below Glenn's chest, since you do not see Nic's head at all .. thus, if it were Nic's entrails, the Walkers would have to be pulling them even further up than if they were Glenn's ..
Glen is not dead.

post #9119 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 10:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson View Post
Glen is not dead.

And neither is Elvis ..

Uncle Willie

post #9120 of 9395 Old 11-19-2015, 10:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2347 Post(s)
Liked: 1507
Quote:
And neither is Elvis ..
Or 2pac.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page