"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 307 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2128Likes

Old 11-22-2015, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Our daughter turned the TV on right where Glenn and Enid were walking down a road... We DVR it and watch it later 30+ minutes after it starts. Kinda ruined the surprise ! I yelled to my wife, "Ryleigh just turned the TV on - Glenn's alive!" jokingly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2015, 11:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
Not that I don't think they'll kill off a main cast member but the camera angle is off on that shot, just looks fishy to me, like they're hiding that he fell on top and then you know who crawls under the dumpster.

And on Talking Dead I disagree that Rick is becoming The Governor. If you remember, he went out of his way to kill people to take what they had. Rick kills purely defensively. He's basically making common sense decisions so the group can survive. He's just put in a difficult decision one after the other and he does whatever it takes.
I knew it! (Had to go all the way back to page 290 to find it.)

Everyone kept saying Glenn was dead, you know they're not going to kill off the Golden Boy yet. You can clearly see in that shot they were zoomed in and shooting at a higher level. The walkers were ripping the guts out higher than where Glenn's chest would be. And then he slips under the dumpster. You just have to understand walkers must not find Glenn's face and neck appealing so they leave those parts alone. It's all about stringing you along from week to week so you'll come back and watch and they can sell more ads.

This line intentionally left blank.

Last edited by tomtastic; 11-22-2015 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 503
A lot of us believed Glenn was alive. (I said so in posts 8755 and 8820). I just think its kind of a dick move to let that sit for 3 or so eps. It makes things more roll eyes and ultimately, I almost didn't care.
leebo, Tack, gwsat and 1 others like this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
At least we now know who's going to save Glen: Enid.
I had this one... sorta.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Travesty.

The escape is not believable at all.

Or if that really worked, then Alexandria isn't in danger.

1. The walkers can't see the humans once the gate is closed.

2. Just catapult some cans away from Alexandria and have the horde just drift away as they did in that alley when Enid, with a single can, made dozens of them just leave while there's live food wriggling a few feet away.

Of course you suspected there was some cynical manipulation going on when they aired those other episodes.
Sonyad likes this.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Travesty.

2. Just catapult some cans away from Alexandria and have the horde just drift away as they did in that alley when Enid, with a single can, made dozens of them just leave while there's live food wriggling a few feet away.

Of course you suspected there was some cynical manipulation going on when they aired those other episodes.

How'd all those walkers lying near the dumpster die? I didn't see Enid divert walkers.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2015, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I'm gonna post the clip one more time folks ... nobody fell on top of Glenn .. he's gone and all of you are in denial ... can you say Jon Snow .. ??

You were saying?

Old 11-23-2015, 04:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
How'd all those walkers lying near the dumpster die? I didn't see Enid divert walkers.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
When they both got there and were cornered by the dumpster, they were doing a lot of firing of their guns, perhaps it was all those they shot?
leebo likes this.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
When they both got there and were cornered by the dumpster, they were doing a lot of firing of their guns, perhaps it was all those they shot?
Plus, I think Glenn knifed some in the head that were down there trying to get him.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
Old 11-23-2015, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Travesty.

Or if that really worked, then Alexandria isn't in danger.

1. The walkers can't see the humans once the gate is closed.

It was definitely anti-climactic after all the build up and drawn out mystery. Walkers are ADHD Lemmings, I suppose. Glenn killed the Walkers that actually saw him crawl under the dumpster and the others were hanging around because they saw others doing the same thing. When Enid rolled the can, one followed it and the rest went with it.

I noticed that line Walker had a really nice haircut. Definitely better than the hairdresser's kid's bowl cut.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Stereodude, Archaea, gwsat and 1 others like this.

It's always in the last place you look.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3283 Post(s)
Liked: 1769
I think the term jump the shark has jumped the shark about 5 years ago

Sent from nowhere
JoeTiVo, aaronwt, WilliamR and 1 others like this.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Old 11-23-2015, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Pretty anti-climactic. But now we can move on.

Maybe Glenn, Daryl, Abraham, Sasha & Enid will find dumpsters to hide under.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

Old 11-23-2015, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcramer View Post
I have Charter Spectrum and agree the stuttering is terrible.

As a bonus, all Charter customers appear to have missed about the last 15 minutes tonight as AMC froze for about an hour. Guess I'll be recording the rerun tonight.
It happened here in Atlanta as well, never have I been so deeply into watching something nor so infuriated when it happened. I ran upstairs to see if the other tv was affected. Charter's timing was impeccably awful.
As far as the whole Glenn being alive thing, I'm ok with it. Negan will rectify the situation soon enough...
Old 11-23-2015, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1753 Post(s)
Liked: 2081
I can't believe the wall fell so easily. I figured those random 2 foot long 2x12s that Rick was tacking up here and there would have beefed up the compound to NORAD levels.
stevew24963 and cardoski like this.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 68
pretty good how both rick and carol uttered morgans sentiments about killing and becoming monsters and giving people a chance...still think the wolf should go tho...

as for the 5 who are still outside the walls...great time to use a rocket launcher...

so if that is eugene's voice in the walkie talkie..then this episode is happening at the same time last weeks was...I wish they went the game of thrones route and showed everyone each week for a little bit at a time instead of all this time skipping...

my guess is the alexandrians are toast...and team rick is safe...Ron is definitely going to mis-fire and shoot someone important..maybe his mom?
Old 11-23-2015, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post
pretty good how both rick and carol uttered morgans sentiments about killing and becoming monsters and giving people a chance...still think the wolf should go tho...

as for the 5 who are still outside the walls...great time to use a rocket launcher...

so if that is eugene's voice in the walkie talkie..then this episode is happening at the same time last weeks was...I wish they went the game of thrones route and showed everyone each week for a little bit at a time instead of all this time skipping...

my guess is the alexandrians are toast...and team rick is safe...Ron is definitely going to mis-fire and shoot someone important..maybe his mom?
Think he had plans to try and take out Carl.
aaronwt and stevew24963 like this.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan View Post
It happened here in Atlanta as well, never have I been so deeply into watching something nor so infuriated when it happened. I ran upstairs to see if the other tv was affected. Charter's timing was impeccably awful.
As far as the whole Glenn being alive thing, I'm ok with it. Negan will rectify the situation soon enough...
Yeah but with the outpouring of fan support for the character on social media, wouldn't be surprised if the producers change things.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 348
forget Glenn, I think most people suspected he was alive...the thing that stood out to me the most from last night's episode was when that kid was ready to kill Carl!...wtf!
cardoski likes this.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1077 Post(s)
Liked: 1169
The Walking Dead showrunners and writers should be ashamed of themselves for giving us the ridiculous tease of Glenn being dead but then, wonder of wonders, not being dead. The thing didn't bother me as much as it might have on a show that had even a sliver of seriousness. The Walking Dead is about the weekly hair raising adventures of Rick and company and the imaginative, often funny, killing of walkers. With that premise, it seems to me that Glenn's non death didn't add a thing to the show's inherent silliness.
Nuance and stevew24963 like this.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
forget Glenn, I think most people suspected he was alive...the thing that stood out to me the most from last night's episode was when that kid was ready to kill Carl!...wtf!

TWD Dumb Moves:

- Not killing a Walker since it will inevitably come back to kill you or someone else
- Letting people live even though they were trying to kill you
- Training and arming an unstable kid whose father you just killed
AlexanderDelarg and heepman like this.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
yeah. Now that we know that the show will make him Walker fodder. Unless they plan on killing off Carl
Old 11-23-2015, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
The Walking Dead showrunners and writers should be ashamed of themselves for giving us the ridiculous tease of Glenn being dead but then, wonder of wonders, not being dead. The thing didn't bother me as much as it might have on a show that had even a sliver of seriousness. The Walking Dead is about the weekly hair raising adventures of Rick and company and the imaginative, often funny, killing of walkers. With that premise, it seems to me that Glenn's non death didn't add a thing to the show's inherent silliness.

the thing that made it obvious to me that Glenn was alive was they're not going to kill off a major character and leave it hanging for 3 weeks...major deaths are a big moment in every season and the actor/character gets a big sendoff...imagine if he were really dead and the show opened with his body or worse, it would make no sense- yup, sorry folks he died 3 weeks back...all momentum is gone and overshadowed by the is-he-or-isn't-he-dead talk...you can do that with a minor character like Sophia from Season 2 and show her as a walker after she went missing for several episodes but that wouldn't work for a character like Glenn
Old 11-23-2015, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Sent from nowhere
Amen!

Old 11-23-2015, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski View Post
Seeing as how Jump the Shark means "the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality" I highly doubt it applies. The show will remain a ratings juggernaut and if anything it will keep faithful viewers that love Glen watching and I don't think the quality has declined at all, if anything, it has gone up.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Sent from nowhere

Which is exactly how long I have been waiting to use it...

Old 11-23-2015, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

But it's a phenomenon that still happens all the time.
gwsat likes this.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post

Indeed, since Abraham just got one, with about, say 10 ammo? would surely dent that horde of walkers.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Old 11-23-2015, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I'm sure the answer to this is "don't overthink it", but shouldn't it be relatively trival to take out large numbers of walkers in a confined area? For example, with gasoline and a match?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season