"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 311 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2916Likes

Old 11-30-2015, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I couldn't agree more about the implausibility of the girls' decision to turn their guns over to the escaped wolf. They were less that ten feet from the guy, so I saw no reason why even a so so pistol shooter wouldn't have been able to put a round between the guy's eyes and rescue the doctor. The way it played out had me shouting, "Bullsh*t!" (literally.) As bad as turning over the guns was, the Wolf's decision to leave everybody alive and take the doctor with him was beyond preposterous. I know we should expect that sort of thing in this silliest of silly shows but all to that irritated me nonetheless.
LMAO Maybe Morgan "got" to him and he just wants to escape with his life and be normal....or not
aaronwt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2015, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 268
big mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
Nay, the baggy eyes are just from not sleeping. He's afraid of the Boogey men..thanks Carol I'm sure sleep won't be a problem for him in the 2nd half as I see him being Walker chum Which part of be quiet and act brave didn't he get?
I also thought that the Wolfie would have gotten a head shot from one of the 2 ladies.. Agreed that kid is annoying and his mouth needs to be duct taped.. Maybe Daryl will use the RPG's on the group in the road..A good episode but should have been a better finale..

NY Daily News recap and comments:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2450147

Old 11-30-2015, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 793 Post(s)
Liked: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Even dumber was Wolfie leaving them alive. Completely out of character. Up to this point, all Wolfs are cold blooded killers who kill (for sport!) first and don't bother asking questions later. Now he's got all the weapons, two of his strongest opponents passed out on the floor, and he backs out the door with a hostage? Sure.

agreed but playing devils advocate, maybe Morgan's words had an effect of the Wolf...and as far as taking Denise hostage, he might need her for medical care since he is badly injured...the problem with the Alexandrian's is that none of them are all that interesting (except for Aaron and doctor Denise) so killing them doesn't have any emotional effect...I wish the group would go back to being the smaller group that we used to have instead of constantly adding new cast members forcing the show to rotate them every few episodes...no Daryl, Abraham, Heath, Aaron etc in the mid-season finale
Old 11-30-2015, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I never really liked the show, but I kept watching and watching. There are always one of two episodes in each season that stands out with superb writing and great acting. Other than that, the plot is always the same. They invade a town, something happens and than leave. It's very redundant. There is no progress in the main plot on why there are Walkers and a solution to the end.
reanimator and mldardy like this.

No longer looking straight into a flashlight. Calibrate!
2014 Vizio P60 1.3.26-UHD Settings.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprawks View Post
I never really liked the show, but I kept watching and watching. There are always one of two episodes in each season that stands out with superb writing and great acting. Other than that, the plot is always the same. They invade a town, something happens and than leave. It's very redundant. There is no progress in the main plot on why there are Walkers and a solution to the end.
and there never will be
JoeTiVo and christoofar like this.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

showrunner Scott M. Gimple answered some burning questions from the mid-season finale...

Question: I actually yelled at my screen for Rosita and Tara to take a shot at the Wolf when he had Denise, but they did not and instead turned over their weapons, which seems like a terrible idea with that lunatic. Why don’t they take that shot?

Scott: Well, in my mind, I would say that’s being pretty responsible. I think Rosita had, like, an 80 percent chance of making that shot with everything going okay. And she was like, “You know what? I’m not going to play with the 20 percent here. There’s a chance I might shoot Denise in the face.” Or that he might be able to hurt her. For Tara, I don’t know if she would have gotten him either. I know that she probably wasn’t 100 percent sure. I do not blame them. If you have a risk of shooting someone in the face that you love or even like or don’t even know, I don’t blame them for erring on the side of caution at all

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/30...tart-to-finish
Old 11-30-2015, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 485
As opposed to the 100% chance that nothing good would come of giving up their weapons?

Weak tea, Mr. Gimple!
Stereodude, thehun, leebo and 3 others like this.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

Old 11-30-2015, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

they really ruined Morgan's character...during the first 5 seasons when Morgan only showed up rarely (1 episode every other season or so) he was so much more interesting...now that he's back full time they totally ruined him by transforming him into this peace loving guy...makes no sense that he would risk his life and others by sticking up for the Wolf who earlier tried to kill him and promises to continue killing if he ever goes free...on the other end of the spectrum I'm really liking the Sasha character now...at first I thought she was a throwaway redshirt sister to the important character of Tyreese but she's developed into her own and made Sasha a way more compelling character then even Tyreese was
taxman48 and Tack like this.

Last edited by TitusTroy; 11-30-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 4101 Post(s)
Liked: 2442
Quote:

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Old 11-30-2015, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
I have to like this post because these are my exact feelings about this show.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 335
I guess Negan and the Saviors are suppose to be the next challenge.

On Talking Dead, they said Negan is ruthless. So another Governor type?
Old 11-30-2015, 08:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2466 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
I guess Negan and the Saviors are suppose to be the next challenge.

On Talking Dead, they said Negan is ruthless. So another Governor type?
Spoiler!

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
Old 11-30-2015, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
showrunner Scott M. Gimple answered some burning questions from the mid-season finale...

Question: I actually yelled at my screen for Rosita and Tara to take a shot at the Wolf when he had Denise, but they did not and instead turned over their weapons, which seems like a terrible idea with that lunatic. Why don’t they take that shot?

Scott: Well, in my mind, I would say that’s being pretty responsible. I think Rosita had, like, an 80 percent chance of making that shot with everything going okay. And she was like, “You know what? I’m not going to play with the 20 percent here. There’s a chance I might shoot Denise in the face.” Or that he might be able to hurt her. For Tara, I don’t know if she would have gotten him either. I know that she probably wasn’t 100 percent sure. I do not blame them. If you have a risk of shooting someone in the face that you love or even like or don’t even know, I don’t blame them for erring on the side of caution at all

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/30...tart-to-finish
Taking the shot and killing the woman = one dead. Giving up the guns = 4 dead. Do the math.
Tack and gwsat like this.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
Old 12-01-2015, 01:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
they really ruined Morgan's character...during the first 5 seasons when Morgan only showed up rarely (1 episode every other season or so) he was so much more interesting...now that he's back full time they totally ruined him by transforming him into this peace loving guy...makes no sense that he would risk his life and others by sticking up for the Wolf who earlier tried to kill him and promises to continue killing if he ever goes free...
Agree. Morgan's mostly just annoying now. That's too bad.

Quote:
on the other end of the spectrum I'm really liking the Sasha character now...at first I thought she was a throwaway redshirt sister to the important character of Tyreese but she's developed into her own and made Sasha a way more compelling character then even Tyreese was
Plus she's hot. There's that.

Signature edited to appease the OCD's
Old 12-01-2015, 03:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
Yeah then Carl went and pulled a Glenn and lied about it after.
Spoiler!

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

The Hun
Old 12-01-2015, 04:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Liked: 836
Pretty weak episode as pointed out by many of you.

1. Rick just now realizing he can cover himself in guts to get through walkers. Guess Glenn didn't remember that part.
2. Not shooting the wolf, lame.
3. The wolf not killing them all even though he now had a gun and previously they were shown hacking townspeople to pieces.
4. The little boy of the hair dresser, he needs the crap slapped out of him. He can't be THAT stupid. Sure, he is afraid of the "monsters" but he is old enough to understand what they are doing and to starting talking in the midst of the monsters is stupid.
Nuance likes this.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Liked: 836
In an interview Scott Gimple said this about Neegan:

"We have a little bit of a road to Negan. I do want folks to know that. That character is very well drawn in the comics. There is no reinvention of Negan going on for the show. He’s all of those things… charismatic, brutal, smart, ferocious, very frightening, hilarious, inappropriate, sort of weirdly friendly, fun-loving. He’s a strategist, he’s id… we’re trying to do the Negan from the comics. There’s always changes and things get to be flesh and blood, but I’m hoping that people see the Negan in the comics when they see the Negan onscreen"

Old 12-01-2015, 07:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1515 Post(s)
Liked: 1602
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
As opposed to the 100% chance that nothing good would come of giving up their weapons?

Weak tea, Mr. Gimple!
"Weak tea," indeed! Gimple's explanation of the reason the girls turned over their guns instead of taking an (easy) shot into the murderous Wolf's head was profoundly unconvincing. Who did Gimple think he was kidding. He really went the preposterous route in order to spend extra screen time on suspense. In this instance, he chose wrong, it seems to me.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked: 854
The entire "Jail" scene was contrived and lazy and I suppose meant to convince us that cold blooded murder is cool. But I suppose the real lesson here is keeping secrets from the group gets people hurt.

It's always in the last place you look.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1516 Post(s)
Liked: 1795
After having gone into self-imposed thread exile due to my miss call on Carl and the Dumpster, and having now boiled and eaten my hat as well as doing a 10 minute exercise of self flagellation ..

I now must chime back in and say "That was the worst mid-season Finale of any show I can think of" ..
Stereodude, Tack, Nuance and 2 others like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 12-01-2015, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2121 Post(s)
Liked: 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
After having gone into self-imposed thread exile due to my miss call on Carl and the Dumpster, and having now boiled and eaten my hat as well as doing a 10 minute exercise of self flagellation ..

I now must chime back in and say "That was the worst mid-season Finale of any show I can think of" ..

Welcome home. But exile wasn't necessary. You weren't the only one with that call.

Speaking of Glen's miracle escape, it's kind of taken the bite out of the supposed "anyone can die at any time" theme that the show has traded on in the past. I'm just not as worried about any of the main characters anymore, and that's not good. Maggie scrambling up a ladder? Nah, she'll be fine. Show needs to get it's teeth back.

Maggie mistakenly killing Glen as he sneaks into the compound wearing zombie guts would be a start. Time to shake the tree.
JoeNc likes this.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Welcome home. But exile wasn't necessary. You weren't the only one with that call.

Speaking of Glen's miracle escape, it's kind of taken the bite out of the supposed "anyone can die at any time" theme that the show has traded on in the past. I'm just not as worried about any of the main characters anymore, and that's not good. Maggie scrambling up a ladder? Nah, she'll be fine. Show needs to get it's teeth back.

Maggie mistakenly killing Glen as he sneaks into the compound wearing zombie guts would be a start. Time to shake the tree.
I'm pretty much in the same place .. when Maggie was climbing the ladder, I thought "Would it not be ironic if Glenn lived and now Maggie died or was bitten .. ??" And what about ex-Congress Person Deanna Monroe .. ?? I just could not buy into her at any level ... what now .. ?? She turns into a Walker or is eaten .. ?? Or, she saved one bullet and the opening scene next year is her using it on herself .. ?? I did not count the shots she took ..

In the past, when Walker guts and blood was used as camo, did they not do their faces as well .. ?? Let's take a casual stroll thru the herd, but hey, we still want to look good ..
mike1812 and bigjoexxl like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 12-01-2015, 09:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4047 Post(s)
Liked: 8487
I'll take what is a zombie appetizer for $200, Alex.

aaronwt, Stereodude and mike1812 like this.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Old 12-01-2015, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 262
The last thing I saw was the kid yelling "mom", then my recording ended. Was there anything else?

Old 12-01-2015, 11:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 4177 Post(s)
Liked: 3488
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
The last thing I saw was the kid yelling "mom", then my recording ended. Was there anything else?

There was something like a 2 min "prolog" during a commercial break for Into the Badlands. That clip was posted a little earlier in the thread.

Sent from nowhere
Old 12-01-2015, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
"In the past, when Walker guts and blood was used as camo, did they not do their faces as well .. ?? Let's take a casual stroll thru the herd, but hey, we still want to look good ..
I was thinking the same thing watching that scene ..
It almost looked "funny" that just their faces / heads were so "clean" as they walked outside otherwise covered in blood and guts .. Carl wearing his hat, ect ...
Old 12-01-2015, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
Plus she's hot. There's that

speaking of hot...Maggie was looking especially hot in the mid-season finale...
Old 12-01-2015, 12:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
speaking of hot...Maggie was looking especially hot in the mid-season finale...
I would have to say Maggie has matured quite nicely since The Farm ..
christoofar likes this.

Uncle Willie

Old 12-01-2015, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2121 Post(s)
Liked: 2686
Quote:
I would have to say Maggie has matured quite nicely since The Farm ..

Yeah, good stuff. Though I did like the short hair too.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 335
They should kill Maggie off so the actress has to get bit parts on HBO or Showtime and do nude scenes, like Beth.
JoeTiVo and hall like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season