"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 319 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2916Likes

Old 02-22-2016, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1006 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
How did Jesus get on top of the truck so fast. They left him bound hands and feet, then hes on top of the truck..
He's Houdini. Not only that , he could fight. He was putting a whipping on Rick. One on one, Rick would have gotten his ass kicked. If the two of them didn't have guns, Jesus(Houdini) would have kicked both their asses.

I've paid for my sins. We're even!

Last edited by blackssr; 02-22-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2016, 11:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4163 Post(s)
Liked: 8926
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
Its a cable show, time for some nudity. Scene with Michonne and Rick could have been a lot better, even the end when they were standing up facing "Jesus".

Yes I AM a pervert.
Lol. Get this man some Sorghum.
gwsat and yankeeman like this.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
What about Carol? :P
Carol is very pretty, but older. Nice figure and "Sleep with one eye open kind of girl"

Also, I was hoping Carl would hook up with the teen cutie. Maybe next week?
phildaant likes this.

I've paid for my sins. We're even!

Last edited by blackssr; 02-22-2016 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1936 Post(s)
Liked: 2064
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post
Carol is very pretty, but older. Nice figure and "Sleep with one eye open kind of girl"

Also, I was hoping Karl would hook up with the teen cutie. Maybe next week?
Yeah,I think Carl has an eye out for her.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Tack and phildaant like this.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

Sent from my HTC One_M8
He better not lose that eye.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:

Nice one!

Cary
phildaant likes this.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2190 Post(s)
Liked: 2798
Quote:

phildaant and cardoski like this.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but I knew this was going to happen before long. Even on Talking Dead, Danai said she knew from the script for a long time that they were (slowly) moving to this.
No I wasn't. Closer in a family sense, sure, closer in having sex, no. She seemed to be a figure Carl was looking up to and she really came across as loving him, but the connection/chemsitry between them was far from physical.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Naaaa. I would try to hit Maggie. Not Blond but could be.
Man, you sure you want Glen all up in your grille if tried?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
How did Jesus get on top of the truck so fast. They left him bound hands and feet, then hes on top of the truck..
I was wondering this myself, there was no way! I hope they can explain this later on. Unless he really is.......Jesus.....

Quote:
Something about Enid rubs me the wrong way. Maybe she's supposed to be annoying, but I'm kinda hoping she buys the farm soon. I know, I'm mean.
phildaant likes this.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post

Something about Enid rubs me the wrong way. Maybe she's supposed to be annoying, but I'm kinda hoping she buys the farm soon. I know, I'm mean.

I'm right there with you on that.
Jonas2 likes this.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I loved this week's episode, particularly the early part with "Jesus" still at large. All of that captured for me the essential silliness and subversive good humor that has always marked the show at its best. Only when it starts to take itself too seriously, as in last week's episode, do my eyes start to glaze over. As a result of how much I enjoyed this week's show, I am fully reinvested in the series and plan to stick with it.
Yeah, it got a little 3 stooges for awhile but I liked it better than the last episode. The alpha swirl happened quite organically and smooth. No sappiness. As long as Michonne doesn't become addled brained like Maggie and the relationship doesn't become a silly soap opera, all should be good. Well at least temporarily. That's all you can ask for in the ZA.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 4326 Post(s)
Liked: 3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
Man, you sure you want Glen all up in your grille if tried?

I was wondering this myself, there was no way! I hope they can explain this later on. Unless he really is.......Jesus.....

I think "Jesus" is a skilled warrior as seen by his martial arts/hand to hand combat. He played possum for most of the episode while he tested Rick and Daryl. It was one of those things where I said he's in control of this entire situation.

Sent from nowhere
aaronwt, Keenan and cardoski like this.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:22 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1944 Post(s)
Liked: 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I think "Jesus" is a skilled warrior as seen by his martial arts/hand to hand combat. He played possum for most of the episode while he tested Rick and Daryl. It was one of those things where I said he's in control of this entire situation.

Sent from nowhere
Yep, you could see that from the very first time we saw him, there's a lot more to this guy than what they've led us to believe so far.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Yep, you could see that from the very first time we saw him, there's a lot more to this guy than what they've led us to believe so far.

Yeah, he's like a cool Morgan.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
I'm right there with you on that.
Enid is creepy and needs to become zombie food..
Jonas2 likes this.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Yeah, he's like a cool Morgan.
as long as Jesus is not working for Neegan, I will be happy...
Old 02-22-2016, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
A little forplay with his eyesocket?
phildaant likes this.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
Eye take offense to that.
Tack and phildaant like this.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
Maybe if she had one eye........ Ouch!
phildaant likes this.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked: 757
Old 02-22-2016, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Jesus comes from England also according to Talking Dead.. Good show, lets see how the new character develops ..

Old 02-22-2016, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 84
I think this is one of the episodes that could easily have been spliced in with another in the season...i dislike when they focus on one character..or two sets..when they have a rather large cast. Game of Thrones has just as many main characters and they do the storylines justice with a short period of time for each...few of the rick n daryl in the car scenes couldve been shortened..the enid n carl stuff was pretty slow..i did like the fact that jesus escaped the same cell that the wolf was in with such ease

would love to see Jesus and Morgan together to beat up some zombies
Old 02-22-2016, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad View Post
Yeah, it got a little 3 stooges for awhile.
More like a
Old 02-23-2016, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 44
My son and I really disliked this episode. Not because it was slow, or trying to be funny (there's nothing wrong with humor, especially to leaven dark shows--some of the X-Files best episodes are the funny ones), but because the writers don't understand the first rule of humor, which is that is has to derive from the characters being themselves. The only way the "humor" in this episode worked was to have Rick and Daryl act like complete and utter fools, which is not who they are.

It wasn't just one bad decision--the initial setup with Jesus stealing the truck was fine, it was a clever plan and they got duped. But when they tied him up along the road and just sat chatting in the truck rather than high-tail it out of there, or at least check to see if he was still there in the mirrors as they drove off, was dumb dumb dumb, and my son and I both called it at the time it happened. And don't even get me started on the nonsense in the field. Everything about it was stupid and irritating. Neither of us found it funny in the least because the only way it worked was to have Rick and Daryl act very out of character (i.e., stupid as a box of hammers).

I did drop this show for a while a few seasons back (god I got tired of the governor and the prison) and only started re-watching because my son likes it and it's something we can watch together. But I don't find it overly compelling, I think the writing is largely piss-poor that once in a while manages to rise to pretty good. I'll keep watching this season since I paid for it on iTunes (canceled cable last year), but we'll have to see if I bother with another season.
shivaji likes this.

David Forbes

Read excerpts, see cover art and more from my novels at www.davidforbes.net.

My theater
Old 02-23-2016, 07:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1551 Post(s)
Liked: 1859
I felt Sunday was a solid episode .. the Michonne and Rick pairing should not have been a shock, two of the baddest survivors left, if you're going to have a relationship, have it with someone that has a good chance of living .. and she is an attractive woman ..

The only things I can pick at are :: Alexandria was back to it's pristine self after the Walker massacre, it even looked like they power washed the streets, and, certainly, a salvage operation should be put together for the sunken box truck contents ..

Dave Navarro and Jesus could be brothers ..
Sonyad, gwsat and cel4145 like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 02-23-2016, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I was very uncomfortable through the whole Rick+Michonne thing at the end. I kept hoping that Carl wouldn't walk in on the scene or he might reflexively poke out his last remaining eye so he wouldn't have to see it anymore, not realizing it would then be the last thing he would ever see and it would be stuck in his head for the rest of his life.

As for Jesus, I had no idea he was such an accomplished escape artist, though I suppose it makes sense since he had been previously murdered, wrapped in a shroud and sealed in a stone tomb, yet he managed to escape even that in just three short days.

Seriously though, I had a headache by the end of that comedy of errors. I have to agree with David F that the writers decided to make Rick and Daryl suddenly as dumb as a bag of hammers in order to make it work. Even from the start when they got the truck full of supplies running and they decided to both get in it and leave the working car behind, myself and the friend I was watching with both were like "what the f?" There's two of them, why the hell not bring both vehicles back? The reason is simple, the writers realized none of the rest of it would work if they could just jump in the 300 and chase down the loaded truck easily.

The rest of it of course was all forced stupidity that just didn't fit their characters. In a world in that state you can kill people in many different ways, not the least of which is to steal their food, which is exactly what Jesus was doing. I doubt Rick and Daryl would take it as lightly as they did. I don't follow the comics so I have no idea what type of person Jesus will turn out to be, but obviously they're setting him up to be someone important going forward.
shivaji and Jonas2 like this.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I felt Sunday was a solid episode .. the Michonne and Rick pairing should not have been a shock, two of the baddest survivors left, if you're going to have a relationship, have it with someone that has a good chance of living .. and she is an attractive woman ..

The only things I can pick at are :: Alexandria was back to it's pristine self after the Walker massacre, it even looked like they power washed the streets, and, certainly, a salvage operation should be put together for the sunken box truck contents ..

Dave Navarro and Jesus could be brothers ..

Didn't they say it had been a few weeks (while they were cleaning up) recently? I could have sworn they me they mentioned it.

Sent from nowhere
Old 02-23-2016, 08:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1551 Post(s)
Liked: 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Didn't they say it had been a few weeks (while they were cleaning up) recently? I could have sworn they me they mentioned it.

Sent from nowhere
Oh, I'm sure some time passed .. but you have to admit, they did one heck of a cleanup job .. town looked like Mayberry again ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 02-23-2016, 08:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Oh, I'm sure some time passed .. but you have to admit, they did one heck of a cleanup job .. town looked like Mayberry again ..

At least the parts we saw

Sent from nowhere
Old 02-23-2016, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post
I think this is one of the episodes that could easily have been spliced in with another in the season...i dislike when they focus on one character..or two sets..when they have a rather large cast. Game of Thrones has just as many main characters and they do the storylines justice with a short period of time for each...few of the rick n daryl in the car scenes couldve been shortened..the enid n carl stuff was pretty slow..i did like the fact that jesus escaped the same cell that the wolf was in with such ease

would love to see Jesus and Morgan together to beat up some zombies
I disagree completely. One of my only complaints about GOT is that sometimes they jump between storylines so quickly that nothing really happens. They'll show a couple of character walking down a road exchanging some pointless banner, then jump to the next storyline and never even return to the other characters. I'd much rather focus on one or two groups each episode.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
the walking dead , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season , tv shows