"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 328 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2910Likes

Old 03-21-2016, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Nothing to do with being a wimp. It has to do with wearing the proper clothing. Wearing shorts and T-shirts at 50F is not the proper clothing for that temperature. I've known several people that ended up with pneumonia by doing that.
Interesting... pneumonia is from a virus so you're suggesting this virus likes cold weather and enters through the exposed thighs and/or calves of shorts-wearing people ?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
mike1812 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2016, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Irishman] View Post
Why not Glenn, you think?
Because that's what happens in the comics ? Gimple is using many of the events from the comics but switches who things happen to a lot just to throw people off.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3866 Post(s)
Liked: 2281
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
Interesting... pneumonia is from a virus so you're suggesting this virus likes cold weather and enters through the exposed thighs and/or calves of shorts-wearing people ?

Pneumonia can be viral or bacterial. The most common is bacterial, not viral. When people get Pneumonia they are normally put on antibiotics. Antibiotics work on bacterial infections, not viral infections.

I am a person that will end up with a bacterial respiratory infection if I am out in the cold like that and not dressed properly. I am mostly cautious but I have still had over one hundred respiratory infections over the last forty five years. Most in the 20th century. I've had pneumonia twice. The last time a respiratory infection progressed to pneumonia I ended up on short term disability for several months.

Although between October and January I had three respiratory infections. The first one started from being in a cold draft, inside at work, for several hours.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; 03-21-2016 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
The whole time I managed to stay spoiler free while waiting for the BD release and now I find this in a Walking Dead thread?!

no offense but I wasn't trying to spoil anything...but honestly pretty much everyone that has really wanted to see the movie has to have seen it by now...the movie came out in mid-December...is it really considered a spoiler when the movie is 3+ months old?...if that's the case and we need to wait for every single person in the world to see every movie before talking even in the most general terms about it or 'spoiling' even the most miniscule plot point then the world has gone mad
aaronwt, thehun, hall and 3 others like this.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked: 388
I don't go to the movies and why should I with their mediocre mll there?

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
Denise was really annoying more so than usual in this episode, I won't miss her.

yeah she was acting really strange this past episode...getting all angry/aggressive with Daryl and Rosita and then ignoring their advice to leave the cooler inside that car...but I still think she was one of the few Alexandrians who were interesting (Aaron being the other)
Old 03-21-2016, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
I don't go to the movies and why should I with their mediocre mll there?

the problem is that there will always be someone who hasn't seen the movie...you say you're waiting for the Blu-ray...another person will say he's waiting for it to show up on HBO...another is waiting for it to appear on free TV etc etc...you give people a reasonable window for spoiler free discussion but eventually it becomes unreasonable...it can never end...technically a spoiler is for something that hasn't aired yet and out of courtesy people extend that window for a few weeks after a movie/TV show release...sorry I spoiled that Star Wars moment for you but it wasn't intentional...I really thought even people that hadn't scene the movie would have known about Luke by this point...even non-movie sites have been 'spoiling' or revealing that info for awhile now...I have Yahoo as my home page and it's popped up in the News feeds...is Darth Vader being Luke's father still considered a spoiler?
Old 03-22-2016, 07:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2887 Post(s)
Liked: 2415
Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense for Carol to just up and leave like that. We were made to believe that the combination of Maggie's pregnancy and what they had to do at the observatory finally drove her to "can't take it no more!" territory. But leaving the group is probably suicide, and that doesn't make any sense for Carol either. Girl's a survivor.

So my guess is she leaves Alexandria, then runs into Negan and his men in the season finale, gets captured again leading to terrible choices and consequences for our heroes, then dies. Probably heroically. Because... tee-vee!
Old 03-22-2016, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 322
There were an abundance of scenes with Carol and the rosary. Maybe she thinks God will help her survive, no matter what.....

Bobby 

Old 03-22-2016, 08:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 3184
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense for Carol to just up and leave like that. We were made to believe that the combination of Maggie's pregnancy and what they had to do at the observatory finally drove her to "can't take it no more!" territory. But leaving the group is probably suicide, and that doesn't make any sense for Carol either. Girl's a survivor.

So my guess is she leaves Alexandria, then runs into Negan and his men in the season finale, gets captured again leading to terrible choices and consequences for our heroes, then dies. Probably heroically. Because... tee-vee!

I wouldn't say suicide. She's been off on her own before. She needs time to gather her thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
There were an abundance of scenes with Carol and the rosary. Maybe she thinks God will help her survive, no matter what.....

More symbolic than anything IMO.

Sent from nowhere
Old 03-22-2016, 08:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1507 Post(s)
Liked: 1774
I kinda liked Denise and the arrow shot was an "Oh, sheisse" moment for me ..

Comment from "Talking Dead" :: Carl gets Denise other Eye .. or some such

What was particularly nice about this episode was the early scenes of tranquility in Alexandria, and eventually moving into Carol leaving, the sound of the empty swing squeaking in the wind, etc ..

Maybe she just went on a cigarette run .. as a former smoker myself, the nicotine can be a powerful master ..
stevew24963 and JoeNc like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 03-22-2016, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 802
'Walking Dead' Season Six Finale Will Be 90 Minutes
By Lesley Goldberg, The Hollywood Reporter's 'Live Feed' Blog - Mar. 21, 2015

AMC's The Walking Dead will wrap up season six in style.

The cable network has expanded the April 3 finale from an hour to 90 minutes, AMC announced Monday.

Sources say frequently mentioned but yet to be seen villain Negan — played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan — will make his debut in the season six finale. News of Negan's casting and subsequent arrival has had diehard comic book fans on edge as the character makes his debut in the landmark 100th issue — in which not everyone makes it out alive. (For more details on Negan's brutal comic book arrival, click here.)

"Everyone is so focused on the finale but the final two [episodes] are full-throttle for sure," co-star Josh McDermott told THR in this week's postmortem. "When I read these next two episodes — I typically go through a script in about an hour but I read them both in about 20 minutes because I couldn't turn the page fast enough. It just left a feeling in my stomach after reading these. We're in new territory with the show now and we're telling things in a different way that the show hasn't done before. It stays with you."

The Walking Dead's penultimate episode airs Sunday from 9-10 p.m. on AMC; the season finale is set for April 3 from 9-10:30 p.m. For more Walking Dead coverage, go to THR.com/WalkingDead.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-finale-877024

Old 03-22-2016, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Liked: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Irishman] View Post
Why not Glenn, you think?

It's possible, but expected. I think they will try to mix it up and go for the biggest shock factor. Besides, even though Judith is around, a new baby is a sign of hope and "normalcy". As we all know, you can't have that in the zombie apocalypse. Just a guess though. We'll know in a few weeks.

Edit: Just read this from an interview with Gimple:

Sometimes we have things from the book that people who read the comics maybe see coming a mile away, and we try to adjust that so that we can give them the same feeling they had when reading the book, which might have been shock or surprise or fear, any of those things. It might be wildly different, but it’s all to get the same sort of feelings that you got when you read them. So will it be different? Absolutely. Will it be the same thing? Absolutely.

Last edited by zeus33; 03-22-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Liked: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
in my opinion it needs to someone from the original group for maximum impact...even though Maggie, Michonne have been with the show for what seems like a long time they weren't part of the original cast

Very possible. Daryl will fit that scenario. I don't know if Kirkman/Gimple really want to piss off the huge female fan base by offing Daryl though. I hope not, as I like his character and they have free rein to do whatever with him as he doesn't exist in the comics.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:19 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3866 Post(s)
Liked: 2281
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

What was particularly nice about this episode was the early scenes of tranquility in Alexandria, and eventually moving into Carol leaving, the sound of the empty swing squeaking in the wind, etc ..

Maybe she just went on a cigarette run .. as a former smoker myself, the nicotine can be a powerful master ..
Yes. I quit almost twenty six years ago. And I still get urges sometimes when seeing someone smoke in a movie or Tv show. Although I would never act on it.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Old 03-22-2016, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1856 Post(s)
Liked: 1954
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Agreed, the arrow shot was a total WTF moment.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
the problem is that there will always be someone who hasn't seen the movie...you say you're waiting for the Blu-ray...another person will say he's waiting for it to show up on HBO...another is waiting for it to appear on free TV etc etc...you give people a reasonable window for spoiler free discussion but eventually it becomes unreasonable...it can never end...technically a spoiler is for something that hasn't aired yet and out of courtesy people extend that window for a few weeks after a movie/TV show release...sorry I spoiled that Star Wars moment for you but it wasn't intentional...I really thought even people that hadn't scene the movie would have known about Luke by this point...even non-movie sites have been 'spoiling' or revealing that info for awhile now...I have Yahoo as my home page and it's popped up in the News feeds...is Darth Vader being Luke's father still considered a spoiler?
In the case of Force Awakens, it is still in theaters. I'm on a media blackout myself until the blu-ray release. I haven't been to see a movie in the theaters in years. I simply don't enjoy the experience for a number of reasons. However, I will see Force Awakens, as I do most fantasy/sci-fi blockbusters, as soon as it comes out for the home video market.

Just for the sake of politeness and consideration of fellow AVSers "who don't get out much," the home video release date should be the minimum time frame one should wait before referencing the ending of a major Hollywood movie in a totally unrelated discussion thread.
Turrican4D likes this.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Was it just me, or was anyone else who watched the Talking Dead unable to look away from Rosita's cleavage?
JoeTiVo, Josh Z, taxman48 and 6 others like this.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
Old 03-22-2016, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEmoto View Post
Was it just me, or was anyone else who watched the Talking Dead unable to look away from Rosita's cleavage?
Oh no, it was just you
Mesmerized, I was!
MrEmoto likes this.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEmoto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan View Post
Oh no, it was just you
Mesmerized, I was!
Wasn't like she kept fixing her jacket and drawing attention there.
MrEmoto likes this.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 3976 Post(s)
Liked: 8118
Yeah, they were just screaming to be motorboated.
JoeTiVo, curtlots, thehun and 2 others like this.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Old 03-22-2016, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Very possible. Daryl will fit that scenario. I don't know if Kirkman/Gimple really want to piss off the huge female fan base by offing Daryl though. I hope not, as I like his character and they have free rein to do whatever with him as he doesn't exist in the comics.

I've never gotten the appeal of Daryl...I've always liked his brother Merle much better...Daryl has never had any real story arc and is only known for his cool crossbow and bike...plus he seems to have taken story way from people like Abraham and Michonne who were much more prominent in the comics...even from a straight looks standpoint I don't get his appeal...I'm a straight guy and I can see the appeal certain guys have but I don't see it with Norman Reedus...he's a decent looking guy but I don't see him as this sex symbol...
Old 03-22-2016, 02:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1507 Post(s)
Liked: 1774
Quote:
I've never gotten the appeal of Daryl...I've always liked his brother Merle much better...Daryl has never had any real story arc and is only known for his cool crossbow and bike...plus he seems to have taken story way from people like Abraham and Michonne who were much more prominent in the comics...even from a straight looks standpoint I don't get his appeal...I'm a straight guy and I can see the appeal certain guys have but I don't see it with Norman Reedus...he's a decent looking guy but I don't see him as this sex symbol...
I read somewhere that he is the fan fav with female viewers, which led to my theory that the Producers will keep him around for some time .. I predict Mr Reedus will have a long and successful career post WD ..

And, as a side note, Daryl and Merle are both characters exclusive to the show, I believe ..
Westly-C likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 03-22-2016, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
Remember too that most of the characters are native Southerners so to them, 50º F is "cold". If it got down to 40º, they would probably want to put on "winter" coats, gloves, hats, etc !
I'm born and raised in California. If it got down to 40°, I wouldn't even go outside!
Old 03-22-2016, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
I'm born and raised in California. If it got down to 40°, I wouldn't even go outside!
As a long time Angleno, all I can say is that you stay in a lot during the Winter mornings.

Bobby 

Old 03-22-2016, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

So that Jimmy Kimmel boy about "cold weather", like in the 50s, was real ?

Old 03-22-2016, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
I find it very hard to fathom that anyone would still believe in an all powerful, loving god in the world of The Walking Dead. Just sayin'.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
Merritt Wever was a co-star on Showtime's Nurse Jackie which ran for 7 seasons.
I think she also played a girlfriend to one of the characters in The New Girl comedy on Fox. She was in at least a few episodes there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Wasn't there an episode a while back where all the main characters cowered in a barn while a big storm raged outside? When it was over, all the zombies had been blown away.
Surprised nobody remembers in S1 (or S2?), when Rick & co. hacked up a walker to drape themselves in walker blood 'n guts for protection, proceeding to walk in broad daylight which turns into rain, wiping away their protective walker armor... uh oh!
Stoney Jackson likes this.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 802
Best episode of Talking Dead, possibly ever. Actor that plays Eugene was very funny and Rosetta was stunningly beautiful. Excellent episode.
JoeTiVo likes this.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:36 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Weren't they driving at one time and came across a bunch of walkers waste deep in mud, because of the rain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season