"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 331 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2891Likes

post #9901 of 10322 Old 03-28-2016, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
After Dumpster - Ghazi, I'm sure a lot of people just aren't biting anymore.

Agreed, no more dumpster diving for anyone. The crew might as well put a revolving door at the entrance. Every time somebody leaves, at least 2 people have to go looking for them..Not too much stealth out in the woods, how about a portable cd player to make sure everyone hears you?
33idolfinder likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9902 of 10322 Old 03-28-2016, 12:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1703 Post(s)
Liked: 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
Granted, the circle stuff was not very logical, but I think this is less problematic than some of the other stuff in the episode because Morgan did end up supporting his main point: that people can change and they are worth saving because there is some good in them.
Which he knows, how? The episode left it ambiguous why the Wolf saved Denise.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #9903 of 10322 Old 03-28-2016, 01:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 3783 Post(s)
Liked: 7200
Don't know how far we want to take Morgans "circles." If he would have killed the Wolves when he first met them, they never would have attacked and the wall never would have been breached by the Walkers. Thereby not putting Carl in the position to get shot in the first place. Circles, man. Circles.
33idolfinder likes this.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
post #9904 of 10322 Old 03-28-2016, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Don't know how far we want to take Morgans "circles." If he would have killed the Wolves when he first met them, they never would have attacked and the wall never would have been breached by the Walkers. Thereby not putting Carl in the position to get shot in the first place. Circles, man. Circles.
If he would have put down his walker wife, then she would not have bit his son and he would not have gone into "clear" mode etc etc etc
shivaji likes this.
post #9905 of 10322 Old 03-28-2016, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
you'd think someone would try to re-start some communications systems. Hell the saviors were living under a damn satellite dish.
Well, to their credit the Termites were broadcasting....."Come and Get It!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
They need to get Danny Trejo in there for a guest appearance ..
Oh YEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
Agreed, no more dumpster diving for anyone. The crew might as well put a revolving door at the entrance. Every time somebody leaves, at least 2 people have to go looking for them..Not too much stealth out in the woods, how about a portable cd player to make sure everyone hears you?
Kinda like what's his name that blasted music whenever they went out in the van....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
But then where would we be in our story?
post #9906 of 10322 Old 03-28-2016, 06:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 849 Post(s)
Liked: 1149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Which he knows, how? The episode left it ambiguous why the Wolf saved Denise.
I don't remember it being ambiguous. He did save her.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Indeed TA2021S
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | NAD HP50 | AKG K550 | Soundmagic E50 | DX50 | E12
post #9907 of 10322 Old 03-28-2016, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 413
What kind of machine gun fits into a coat sleeve and doesn't burn the shooters arm when rapid firing?
mike1812, shivaji and dan4081 like this.
post #9908 of 10322 Old 03-28-2016, 06:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 849 Post(s)
Liked: 1149
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post
What kind of machine gun fits into a coat sleeve and doesn't burn the shooters arm when rapid firing?
A TV machine gun
JoeTiVo, Josh Z, dan4081 and 1 others like this.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Indeed TA2021S
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | NAD HP50 | AKG K550 | Soundmagic E50 | DX50 | E12
post #9909 of 10322 Old 03-28-2016, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Liked: 261
So in the finale there could be an orgy of bullets.

All that stuff about manufacturing bullets?

Lets see if they bring it up again.
post #9910 of 10322 Old 03-28-2016, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Let me see if I can follow Morgan's logic: He let the Wolf live. The Wolf kidnapped Denise. But the Wolf later saved Denise, which allowed Denise to save Carl. So this proves that everything comes back around and Morgan did the right thing?

Ummm... How about he kills the Wolf like he's supposed to, the Wolf never kidnaps Denise, and Denise still saves Carl without nearly so much unnecessary drama in between? And, because Denise never had her moment of developing a backbone and standing up to the Wolf, she's still too cowardly to make the pharmacy run later and never gets killed.

Basically, Morgan ruins everything.
..... and don't forget if this was the case, we probably could of gained about 20 minutes on this episode to see something more useful and interesting
post #9911 of 10322 Old 03-28-2016, 10:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 575
Quote:
After last nights ending, I can't believe there is not more chatter .. that final shot was so obviously a way to stir the pot ..
The Saviors are supposedly the bad guys and yet it is Rick and the gang who are the cold-blooded killers. The Saviors like to kill one person to make their point (so they say) but then want to bully you and take your lunch money. Rick's group just kill everyone. I've been surprised that Rick's group keep getting taken prisoner (and are stupid enough to always let a bunch of guys sneak up on them while they're yakking about how they should be careful). This season is getting me very close to abandoning the whole thing.
JoeNc likes this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #9912 of 10322 Old 03-28-2016, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Let me see if I can follow Morgan's logic: He let the Wolf live. The Wolf kidnapped Denise. But the Wolf later saved Denise, which allowed Denise to save Carl. So this proves that everything comes back around and Morgan did the right thing?

Ummm... How about he kills the Wolf like he's supposed to, the Wolf never kidnaps Denise, and Denise still saves Carl without nearly so much unnecessary drama in between? And, because Denise never had her moment of developing a backbone and standing up to the Wolf, she's still too cowardly to make the pharmacy run later and never gets killed.

Basically, Morgan ruins everything.
I think Morgan's point was more that the Wolf was able to change, but yeah, kinda the long way around of just killing the idiot immediately.

Edit: I see Cel4145 beat me to this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #9913 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 04:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhunter8 View Post
The Machine gun was in the sleeve, not her arm. Her hand was holding the trigger/handle they both were not in the sleeve. The jacket covered up her arm not being in the sleeve.
JoeTiVo likes this.

post #9914 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member

The Carol thing is bothering me. She says she doesn't want to kill anymore yet she killed everyone holding her captive earlier. Then she says she is so done with killing she leaves, only to kill the fist group she comes across. She actually believes, going out there on her own will help prevent her from having to kill again? Wouldn't she have a better chance of not killing if she stays in Alexandria and stops going out on missions and just helps around the town? From everything she has seen, how bad the world is out there, she really thinks going out she stands a better chance of not killing? Stay in town, help out, defend if you absolutely have to, she has a better chance at a normal life there then out in the world where almost everyone you come across is a killer.
RobertR, shivaji, Tack and 1 others like this.

post #9915 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 04:20 AM
AVS Special Member

As pointed out earlier, Morgan's circular argument had me yelling at the TV. Killing the wolf means she was never in that situation to begin with and was safe in her house until it all passed over. He was like all proud she was saved because of him. No, she was almost killed because of you AND the wolf killed other people in town so not only did you jeopardize her safety you got other people killed because of what you did. Thanks Morgan!
mike1812 likes this.

post #9916 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 04:55 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Saviors know where Alexandria is and it's a matter of timing before they attack. Hell even if they were outgunned after the Alexandrians raided their armory, all they have to do is cut the power, running water, sewage lines, then wait it out for them to have to leave in order to get more food and supplies.
Are you suggesting they can block the sun? I don't know where the water is coming from, but probably a well. I don't know how you'd 'cut' sewer lines, but they'd first have to find the sewer line, and that assumes they are not on septic, being how rural it looks there. I'm in a pretty non-rural area and I still have a septic system. Granted, they could just wait them out, but that has nothing to do with utilities.
post #9917 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 05:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2654 Post(s)
Liked: 2145
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnevar View Post
Are you suggesting they can block the sun? I don't know where the water is coming from, but probably a well. I don't know how you'd 'cut' sewer lines, but they'd first have to find the sewer line, and that assumes they are not on septic, being how rural it looks there. I'm in a pretty non-rural area and I still have a septic system. Granted, they could just wait them out, but that has nothing to do with utilities.
Didn't we just have this discussion a few pages back?

They probably have a small, municipal sanitary sewer system that pumps water both ways, powered by their solar array. The community was evidently designed to be a "self-sufficient" prototype. Fresh water is supplied by a nearby stream. It's no coincidence people are living there as it provided a reasonably sustainable enclave after the larger, county-wide infrastructure failed.

At least that's the concept and a tee-vee show set in a zombie apocalypse doesn't need much more. In reality, those solar panels wouldn't supply nearly enough juice to do what they apparently do in this show. Just roll with it.
stevew24963 likes this.
post #9918 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 06:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3465 Post(s)
Liked: 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
The Carol thing is bothering me. She says she doesn't want to kill anymore yet she killed everyone holding her captive earlier. Then she says she is so done with killing she leaves, only to kill the fist group she comes across. She actually believes, going out there on her own will help prevent her from having to kill again? Wouldn't she have a better chance of not killing if she stays in Alexandria and stops going out on missions and just helps around the town? From everything she has seen, how bad the world is out there, she really thinks going out she stands a better chance of not killing? Stay in town, help out, defend if you absolutely have to, she has a better chance at a normal life there then out in the world where almost everyone you come across is a killer.
Just because there is a Zombie Apocalypse doesn't mean that people are going to suddenly start thinking logically. There are plenty of people in the real world that think and act like idiots.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #9919 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 428
It almost seems like TWD is suffering from the "Revolution Syndrome" of endless capture/release cycles punctuated by occasional brief periods of interesting action.

Time for some fresh ideas vs. just killing off some semi-important cast member....
stevew24963 and JoeNc like this.

“You cannot play God and then wash your hands of the things you created.”
Commander Bill Adama
post #9920 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 08:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked: 1605
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Just because there is a Zombie Apocalypse doesn't mean that people are going to suddenly start thinking logically. There are plenty of people in the real world that think and act like idiots.
Can I get an Amen .. ??

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #9921 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
It almost seems like TWD is suffering from the "Revolution Syndrome" of endless capture/release cycles punctuated by occasional brief periods of interesting action.

Time for some fresh ideas vs. just killing off some semi-important cast member....
As opposed to them just building a safe new society where everyone chips in and has a vote. We could see discussions of how the new government will operate and whether issues like racism or sexism still survive the brave new world. We could see whether the survivors still have the ability to build things, make things and grow food. We could see . . . nah. Too boring. Lets just have all the survivors fight and kill each other.
shivaji likes this.

post #9922 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
As opposed to them just building a safe new society where everyone chips in and has a vote. We could see discussions of how the new government will operate and whether issues like racism or sexism still survive the brave new world. We could see whether the survivors still have the ability to build things, make things and grow food. We could see . . . nah. Too boring. Lets just have all the survivors fight and kill each other.
Like I said earlier, they should all head west to Nebraska, where there are probably almost no people left, find a nice 1000 acre farm, kick back and watch their garden grow. Or go further to LA and chill in Bill Murray's house, or am I thinking of a different zombie universe.
aaronwt, mike1812 and Tack like this.
post #9923 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Quote:
Can I get an Amen .. ??
No, because Daryl in particular should have known better. At least well enough not to get snuck up on by the same group of idiots, AGAIN.

And as others have mentioned, the continuing idiocy of Morgan's argument in the face of reality, not to mention that the 'circle' made no sense anyway if they had just killed the Wolf from the get-go.

This was yet another 'let's see how dumb our group can be' episode, and it's way beyond old now.
mike1812 and WilliamR like this.
post #9924 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 08:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
No, because Daryl in particular should have known better. At least well enough not to get snuck up on by the same group of idiots, AGAIN.

And as others have mentioned, the continuing idiocy of Morgan's argument in the face of reality, not to mention that the 'circle' made no sense anyway if they had just killed the Wolf from the get-go.

This was yet another 'let's see how dumb our group can be' episode, and it's way beyond old now.

I think you took my five word post well out of the context it was intended ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #9925 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1937 Post(s)
Liked: 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

You're right about the real world, but this far into the ZA, Darwinism would have pared that number down considerably. Illogical thinking would add to Darwin's list more often than not, and the core survivors should be pretty battle hardened. There has to be some dumbness for the plot to survive of course, I just think they could tone it down a smidge. Maybe a middle ground somewhere.
post #9926 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 09:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Just to summarize where we are headed to on the Finale ::

Dwight has shot Daryl .. Reedus has confirmed it
Carol is on the Road solo
Morgan is looking for her
Glenn / Michonne are held hostage, Daryl and Rosita are joining them
Maggie appears to be having trouble with the baby
Negan is finally set to appear

Have I missed anything .. ?? While many may not be overly impressed with the last episode, personally, I can't bring myself to use the word "boring" .. I don't know about you guys, but I am really thinking the Season Finale is going to be a great one ..
aaronwt and Jonas2 like this.

Uncle Willie

post #9927 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaji View Post
Like I said earlier, they should all head west to Nebraska, where there are probably almost no people left, find a nice 1000 acre farm, kick back and watch their garden grow. Or go further to LA and chill in Bill Murray's house, or am I thinking of a different zombie universe.
Let's see, Nebraska has a population nearing 2 million today. If they are all dead that leaves 2 million walkers. They were already chilling in a house like Bill Murray's in Fear The Walking Dead and that doesn't look so good either....

Bobby 

post #9928 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnevar View Post
Didn't they go on a mission to a power station where they got trapped in the revolving door and Nicholas got someone killed?

Either that or just take out the solar PV arrays. There would have to be a ton of them to power the town. Even in the winter too I guess.

The explanations for modern infrastructure in Alexandria are flimsy. Why not go all the way with Internet and satellite TV too?
post #9929 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 09:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2654 Post(s)
Liked: 2145
Quote:
The explanations for modern infrastructure in Alexandria are flimsy. Why not go all the way with Internet and satellite TV too?
Oh, I dunno. Maybe because all the content providers and ISP's are destroyed or deserted?
post #9930 of 10322 Old 03-29-2016, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

And sewage plants and water filtration systems run themselves?

Not to mention, VA isn't exactly sunny year round so they have to supplement the solar power somehow. Where are they getting the fuel to run the power plant?

Does VA run on electric heaters or do they use heating oil in the winter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread

taboola here
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page