"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 336 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2891Likes

post #10051 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 04:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked: 910
So I waited through roughly 80 minutes of drivel to find out...

Spoiler!

So, we know it's not Carl or Rick because Negan said to 'cut the kids other eye out and feed it to his dad'. The would be hard to do if either of them met Lucille. I guess we wait now to find out who it was.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly. Crap I say
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10052 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 04:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I know a lot of the talk is around the end but once again Carol pissed me off. She says to Morgan again she can't go back because she would have to kill there to prove her place and she can't kill. HELLO! She killed an entire group of people on the road not to long ago, what is the difference? Man this Carol thing was written sooooo poorly.

strange thing about this story is that the past 2 episodes Morgan finally has sort of been redeemed and is back to being the great character we saw during the early seasons...but the show now has Carol switch places with Morgan which makes zero sense...oh well at least they have encountered a new group which seems interesting (the guys wearing the armor)...as far as who Negan killed...they have to make it a major character from the original group as killing some secondary character like Aaron or Rosita would be beyond stupid...my guess is that Daryl is dead...second choice is Glenn

I think the producers were scared to show Daryl getting killed as they didn't want fans to 'riot' for 6 months and promise never to watch the show again...they think by showing Daryl getting killed at the start of next season would be better as people would already be watching and would be less inclined to stop at the beginning of a new season...it just shows that the writers have no balls and once again proves that this show is not anywhere on the same level as Game of Thrones

Last edited by TitusTroy; 04-04-2016 at 04:19 AM.
post #10053 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 04:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2375 Post(s)
Liked: 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney Jackson View Post
Negan explained that he wanted to kill only one, and will let the rest live so they can produce for him. They don't need to "escape."
Of course they do. You think they're going to become "farmers" for Negan and that's going to be the new normal the show operates under?

The writers have stumbled the group between a rock and a hard place. If Negan and his group are as well equipped and overwhelming a force as they were shown to be in the finale there is no remotely plausible way Rick and team can get rid of Negan and his peeps and gain their freedom unless the group Carol and Morgan met up with is even larger, better equipped, and ready to take down Negan.
post #10054 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 04:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
So the leak was correct I had posted a few pages back, and yes count me among those that thinks cliffhangers like this is rather a cheap way to "force" us to tune in for the next season. That is manipulation not story telling, but than again all shows run by producers and not by the actual craftsmen. Still extra birdy for the producers of the show, what a wankers.
I'm not interested in tuning in next season. I'm not promising to tune out, but I'm not on the edge of my seat with fear and dread counting the days until next season. I'm seriously debating if I will bother watching or not. Right now I'm leaning not. I don't need to reward a show that treats its audience with such contempt and horribly sloppy writing with ratings.
dan4081, Nayan and 33idolfinder like this.
post #10055 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 04:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 3783 Post(s)
Liked: 7201
My guess is Eugene. He finally "grew a pair" in phase 2. Time to die.
taxman48 and mike1812 like this.

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
post #10056 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 04:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1702 Post(s)
Liked: 1750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I'm not interested in tuning in next season. I'm not promising to tune out, but I'm not on the edge of my seat with fear and dread counting the days until next season. I'm seriously debating if I will bother watching or not. Right now I'm leaning not. I don't need to reward a show that treats its audience with such contempt and horribly sloppy writing with ratings.
The show used to be a Sunday night event.Now I'll let it hit the DVR and watch it during the week,skipping the commercials,and man,there are a lot of them.Not ready to kick it to the curb just yet but the interest is beginning to sag.
Tack and dan4081 like this.
post #10057 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 05:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I never watch it, but was Chris "The Tool" Hardwick gushing over how awesome the finale was all the enthusiasm he could deliver from his paycheck? Or, was even he having a hard time putting a positive spin on things?
post #10058 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1178
Quote:
I've involuntarily stopped watching. I'm still recording it but have not had any interest in rushing to watch. I'm expecting the same thing as the past two seasons which is why I'm still readingnthis thread and do not care about spoilers now.

They will kill zombies. They will make dumb survival choices. They will wander through woods over and over. They will encounter a power-crazed psychopath. People will die. People will be racked with guilt about losing their humanity.

The problem with not wanting to explore the world as part of a larger story is there is only so much you can wring from the same faces just arguing about the same things.
leebo likes this.

post #10059 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I never watch it, but was Chris "The Tool" Hardwick gushing over how awesome the finale was all the enthusiasm he could deliver from his paycheck? Or, was even he having a hard time putting a positive spin on things?

he was gushing over it but wasn't his usual over-the-top lovefest...towards the end of Talking Dead he actually mentioned that the finale was getting hammered on Twitter etc because of the cliffhanger ending and asked Robert Kirkman and showrunner Scott M. Gimple about it...I'm surprised he actually asked them to comment because he usually is so pro-AMC that he doesn't like to rock the boat
post #10060 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 05:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Of course they do. You think they're going to become "farmers" for Negan and that's going to be the new normal the show operates under?

The writers have stumbled the group between a rock and a hard place. If Negan and his group are as well equipped and overwhelming a force as they were shown to be in the finale there is no remotely plausible way Rick and team can get rid of Negan and his peeps and gain their freedom unless the group Carol and Morgan met up with is even larger, better equipped, and ready to take down Negan.
They won't be getting rid of Negan for a long time. Yes. That will be what happens for a while.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
Turrican4D likes this.
post #10061 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 05:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 81
So we read for weeks how some of the cast were "sick to their stomach" and other reactions after reading the script for the season finale...

I don't get it. In reaction to what?

Carol getting shot in the arm?
Maggie cutting her hair?
The cutting off of a couple of Michonne's dreads?
post #10062 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was thinking it could be Aaron- remember, he's with them on this trip.Would we feel cheated if it's not one of the core characters? I think so.
post #10063 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 06:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post
So we read for weeks how some of the cast were "sick to their stomach" and other reactions after reading the script for the season finale...

Knowing how pissed off their loyal viewers would be by the cheap parlor theatrics?
curtlots and Tack like this.
post #10064 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
I've involuntarily stopped watching. I'm still recording it but have not had any interest in rushing to watch. I'm expecting the same thing as the past two seasons which is why I'm still readingnthis thread and do not care about spoilers now.

They will kill zombies. They will make dumb survival choices. They will wander through woods over and over. They will encounter a power-crazed psychopath. People will die. People will be racked with guilt about losing their humanity.

The problem with not wanting to explore the world as part of a larger story is there is only so much you can wring from the same faces just arguing about the same things.
Wait. You watch shows like The Flash but have your doubts about a smashing show like The Walking Dead?
AlexanderDelarg likes this.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #10065 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 06:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer99 View Post
I was thinking it could be Aaron- remember, he's with them on this trip.Would we feel cheated if it's not one of the core characters? I think so.
Haven't you been paying attention? That's one of their memes. Killing off characters you "love" because no one is safe.
post #10066 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
Wait. You watch shows like The Flash but have your doubts about a smashing show like The Walking Dead?
The Flash is a fun adventure show with a self-aware comedic attitude. The Walking Dead attempts to be a serious character drama with absolutely no self-awareness at all.

As I've said multiple times, if something is inherently fun then it's easy to overlook character stupidity. TWD has characters making repetitive and dumb decisions in dumb scenarios. You can be stupid and fun, but you can't be stupid and serious.
mike1812, Nuance and 33idolfinder like this.

Last edited by VisionOn; 04-04-2016 at 06:50 AM.
post #10067 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Haven't you been paying attention? That's one of their memes. Killing off characters you "love" because no one is safe.
After the dumpster incident with Glenn, I wouldn't rule it out. Not really, just being the devil's advocate here. I do expect it to be one of the beloved characters.
post #10068 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post

Carol getting shot in the arm?
Maggie cutting her hair?
The cutting off of a couple of Michonne's dreads?
Of how they were lined up like cattle and the way Neegan teased his kill and then how he smashed the brains in of a fellow cast member.
JoeTiVo and aaronwt like this.

post #10069 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked: 688
I read somewhere that Norman Reedus is selling his home in Atlanta. The article did state he may be selling it to get to a more quiet place because fans continually come to his home for pictures, etc. since they figured out where he lives.

Hmmmm, makes me wonder.

Question, did they film who got killed or will they decide and then film later this summer when production resumes?
hall likes this.

post #10070 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Question, did they film who got killed or will they decide and then film later this summer when production resumes?

they did not film who got killed...apparently even the cast members don't know who dies...
post #10071 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 35
My guess is that it is Abraham that meets Lucille. Didn't Negan say something about the victim being tough after the first blow? That removes many of the potential victims from consideration.
Archaea likes this.
post #10072 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 140
How long before someone with way too much time on their hands starts analyzing the camera angle to determine who it will be? :rolleyes:
aaronwt, thehun, Ph8te and 1 others like this.
post #10073 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1937 Post(s)
Liked: 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayg View Post
Yeah, what a "cliffhanger", right? A major character gets killed and they don't even have the respect to show who it is. Even more manipulative than the Glenn on the Dumpster thing. The characters and the viewers deserve more.

What about last weeks mini "cliffhanger"? "Oh no, Daryl's been shot! Is he OK or not?" - This week : "Oh yeah, he's OK I guess. He's in this hut over here. Negan's here so we're concentrating on that."
aaronwt, phildaant and stevew24963 like this.
post #10074 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Could be anybody, but ..
* - Either Abraham or his new "girl" would be a gut wrencher for some viewers, & they are "old" enough not be considered a "new" throw away character...
* - Maggie , from Negan's perspective, looked sick & like crap, & wouldn't be a good "worker" ( From a show runner perspective, She's also the "anti- Glen", & also a way to get rid of another Baby, & High salary, as the show progresses and other characters are around long enough to get raises) ...
* - Michonne has gotten close to Rick .. Uh Oh ...
* - Eugene seemed like he's getting it, for some reason, & he's another character, like Abraham, that has had an evolution Grown a lot this season ..
post #10075 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 07:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked: 1605
As a fan and a supporter of the show thru the thick and the thin, even I must say that the finale was a real let down, especially considering all the pre-hoopla / heartbreaking / etc rhetoric .. with a large portion of time devoted to the wandering RV, designed to make us believe Negan is so clever, he herded the group to the ultimate destination .. that whole bit just seemed like filler ..

I won't spoil anything on the "Guys Wearing Self Made Armor", however, last week, we did see a glimpse of one as well ..

Morgan finds a fully equipped horse .. ?? I'm still thinking over that one ..

Other than the Negan intro, this was not WD at it's finest ..

And Rick looking shell shocked and totally deflated was sad to see, in fact, it looked to me like he was about to start crying .. and well he should, based on the contents of this seasons finale ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #10076 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I think it will be Eugene or Abraham. they each kind of had their moments in the episode, Eugene stepping up, getting respect from the crew and getting to drive the RV. Plus he hugged it out with Abraham. Abraham talking about having kids and looking to the future. Aaron did not really get his moment, so I would be a little surprised if it was him.
Ph8te likes this.

Mark-
post #10077 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 08:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
How long before someone with way too much time on their hands starts analyzing the camera angle to determine who it will be?
Not like that would mean anything even if someone could definitively and mathematically figure it out. I'm sure the scene wasn't shot so meticulously as to be exactly correct as to who got bashed.
post #10078 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1937 Post(s)
Liked: 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjen View Post
I think it will be Eugene or Abraham. they each kind of had their moments in the episode, Eugene stepping up, getting respect from the crew and getting to drive the RV. Plus he hugged it out with Abraham. Abraham talking about having kids and looking to the future. Aaron did not really get his moment, so I would be a little surprised if it was him.

You're probably right, but I hope not. Their interaction and dialogue have been a high point for me this year. It's kind of like Firefly speak with humor.
post #10079 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
that cliffhanger is getting crushed on the internet (in a bad way)...seems like 95% of the people who watched absolutely hated the decision not to show who was killed...it would have been so much more emotional to end the season with the dead body of whoever was killed...this was plain stupid...it's not like the show needs a cliffhanger to get people to come back next season...plus how are they going to be able to show any trailers at all for Season 7??...by showing any of the main characters you are giving away your dumb cliffhanger...plus with all the spoilers out there they are going to be hard pressed to keep the secret anyway...I really hope the show takes a massive ratings hit for doing something like this
bingo....so much for the long awaited comic-con trailer...
post #10080 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 09:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
What about last weeks mini "cliffhanger"? "Oh no, Daryl's been shot! Is he OK or not?" - This week : "Oh yeah, he's OK I guess. He's in this hut over here. Negan's here so we're concentrating on that."
Wasn't it a van with bullet holes, not a hut?

Also, Negan's group doesn't seem at all concerned about attracting walkers with their antics in the woods. I'm sure making a big ruckus in the forest isn't going to draw any of them, since that only happens when it's convenient to the plot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread

taboola here