"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 337 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2891Likes

post #10081 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
the hype was real...without question the best episode of the entire series despite that absolute crap cliffhanger BS ending...says a lot about how great the Negan introduction was and the tension throughout that entire episode...Jeffrey Dean Morgan nailed it as Negan and I can't wait to see more of him next season...but what everyone will be talking about is that stupid cliffhanger...my guess is the vast majority of fans will not like it...what were they thinking by doing that...it would have been so much better to show the major character getting killed and fading to black...either way the finale was fantastic
I think you may have watched a different episode than...well, everybody else.
Great introduction? Tension? I saw none of that. All I saw was a group that kept magically appearing everywhere the RV tried to go.
And Carol...ugh, dont even know what to say about that storyline.

IMO far short of 'fantastic'.
cel4145 likes this.

Revo Ion...XBMC For Windows...Dharma RC2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10082 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 09:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1215 Post(s)
Liked: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
How long before someone with way too much time on their hands starts analyzing the camera angle to determine who it will be?
I suspect that any speculation over who Negan bludgeoned to death based on where Negan was standing when he struck will be futile. On Talking Dead, Scott Gimple said that Negan's location when he delivered the death blows was "impressionistic." In short, I think the showrunners are way ahead of us on that score.
post #10083 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post
My guess is that it is Abraham that meets Lucille. Didn't Negan say something about the victim being tough after the first blow? That removes many of the potential victims from consideration.
He said, "Taking it like a champ."

post #10084 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Not like that would mean anything even if someone could definitively and mathematically figure it out. I'm sure the scene wasn't shot so meticulously as to be exactly correct as to who got bashed.
Gimple said it was specifically shot to prevent this (people from trying to figure out who it was based on angel, etc.)

post #10085 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Morgan finds a fully equipped horse .. ?? I'm still thinking over that one ..
The horse belonged to the other man they encountered that was walking (and most likely from last episode) so yeah it was decked out, etc. because it was the horse he was using/riding that got away.

post #10086 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 236
cast reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post
So we read for weeks how some of the cast were "sick to their stomach" and other reactions after reading the script for the season finale...

I don't get it. In reaction to what?

Carol getting shot in the arm?
Maggie cutting her hair?
The cutting off of a couple of Michonne's dreads?
Maybe they read that they were all getting a pay cut for this dismal season, including the finale..
curtlots likes this.

post #10087 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Apparently in the comics, Negan doesn't have this vast army which is everywhere and has big earth movers.

Also this chasing of the RV to the trap was tiresome. All they had to do is pull along the RV with all the different cars they had. They were sitting ducks inside that RV. Anytime the RV ran into a road block, they could have easily been surrounded and taken at gunpoint.

Or if the Saviors wanted to take them all alive without any shots fired, all they had to do was parade the 4 prisoners in front of Rick's group and make them surrender.
cel4145 and Ftoast like this.
post #10088 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 09:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked: 1605
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
The horse belonged to the other man they encountered that was walking (and most likely from last episode) so yeah it was decked out, etc. because it was the horse he was using/riding that got away.
Yes, I know where it came from .. my pondering was based on an obviously well taken care of and outfitted steed left unattended and miraculously discovered by Morgan who then rode away unchallenged ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #10089 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 10:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Also this chasing of the RV to the trap was tiresome. All they had to do is pull along the RV with all the different cars they had. They were sitting ducks inside that RV. Anytime the RV ran into a road block, they could have easily been surrounded and taken at gunpoint.

Or if the Saviors wanted to take them all alive without any shots fired, all they had to do was parade the 4 prisoners in front of Rick's group and make them surrender.
Couldn't agree more! The interminable get stopped at a roadblock and retreat scenes were tedious. An epic fail, at least to me. I think it's fair to sat that The Walking Dead has lost a step -- or three.
Nayan, cel4145 and stevew24963 like this.
post #10090 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
It couldn't of been Carl.

Neegan clearly says, after he picks the person to kill and just before he hits them over the head, that if anyone tries anything to "Cut the kid's other eye out and feed it to his father." Both of which would be impossible to do it he had picked Rick or Carl.
On The Talking Dead, Kirkman did say there was a "clue". Didn't say it told who died but in this case, who didn't die...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
post #10091 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I suspect that any speculation over who Negan bludgeoned to death based on where Negan was standing when he struck will be futile. On Talking Dead, Scott Gimple said that Negan's location when he delivered the death blows was "impressionistic." In short, I think the showrunners are way ahead of us on that score.
Like how Glenn's death at the mid break was "impressionistic". They've lost their cliffhanger cred. Dallas 101.
post #10092 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 10:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2654 Post(s)
Liked: 2145
A contrary opinion: I felt a palpable sense of dread in how the Saviors kept setting up roadblocks on every possible path of escape, with ever increasing numbers of fighters at each stop. Heretofore, we had no idea of their size and strength. Might still not. And Jeffrey Dean Morgan is just so damn awesome -- he improves any show he's on. He even made the second season of 'Extant' tolerable.

OTOH, the big cliffhanger was a bit much. So we have six months to speculate on who it is. My pick? Dwight!
Josh Z and AlexanderDelarg like this.
post #10093 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2305 Post(s)
Liked: 1940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post
My guess is that it is Abraham that meets Lucille. Didn't Negan say something about the victim being tough after the first blow? That removes many of the potential victims from consideration.

This.

He seemed to be establishing relationships - who was with who - so he could use that as leverage. Glen with Maggie, Rick with Carl. I assume he will kill a man as the example - probably a strong looking man. That leaves two other men, because Darryl is beat down and looks half dead. That leaves Abraham. Eugene is crying like a little girl - what kind of example does that make for Negan? Abraham was defiant, looking tough even to the end. He was the only guy looking Negan in the eye besides Carl.

Also Abraham's character has done some things that are supposed to be distasteful lately - breaking up with Rosita in a crappy way, telling Eugene he's worthless, etc. To get rid of a likable character - it's par for the course to make the character less likable before you get rid of him.

I agree - it's likely Abraham.
Josh Z, Luke Kamp and bigjoexxl like this.

I will not hoard audio gear
Archaea's FS Thread
post #10094 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 82
extremely lazy writing for a show that has source material. Why not show the beating and let the actors actually act, with screams and torture. all of the set ups of new and old relationships rand wild the last few episodes, so each potential victim had some past with another. Even Aaron mentioning that rick had to punch him again was a nod to his first episode in the series.

If it was glenn would be a great way to show some emotion from maggie outside of just looking like she was going to puke.

Now where are we going to resume? just a shot of a beat body and they go on their way? again lazy...read the exact same scene from the comic and you will feel more emotion than that scene we just saw

my suggestion would be they re-shoot the entire scene and start season 7 with the eeny meany miny moe part...and film the beating....

not looking forward to find out who it was especially if there is a let down attached to it....but hey the comic con trailer in a few months will spoil it regardless...bad job amc..worse job to kirkman for letting such an iconic comic scene happen like that on the screen
Turrican4D likes this.
post #10095 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 440
how did Negan's group know that Maggie would be getting sick and would require medical assistance from the doctor at the Hilltop community?...they blocked all the roads which I can somewhat see but I don't understand how they could have known she was going to get sick...props to the special effects department as the scene where Carol pulled the hair on that walker ripping off her flesh was well done...same goes for the walkers in chains on the road...some really great zombie/walker effects
post #10096 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Yeah you'd think they have a spy on the inside.

And maybe a drone filming them when they left the RV to let Eugene act as a decoy.

Apparently the show runners plan to milk the Negan saga for several seasons. So maybe it's not surprising they would use a cliffhanger. And I won't obsess over who dies, just as I didn't follow all the signs about Jon Snow coming back or not in GoT.

In fact, TWD is heading towards the bottom of my viewing queue. Something else comes along on Sunday nights and it may fall off it entirely. I can come back a few seasons afterwards when they show how Negan is defeated.
post #10097 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 11:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked: 1605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post

my suggestion would be they re-shoot the entire scene and start season 7 with the eeny meany miny moe part...and film the beating....
You mean Negan pounding on a side of beef .. ?? I'm sure they did film it ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #10098 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
You mean Negan pounding on a side of beef .. ?? I'm sure they did film it ..
talking dead lauren cohan , maggie, says they didnt film it passed the POV scene. Negan beating whatever was filmed separately, that footage of him outside smashing the camera essentially was leaked a few days after his casting announcement..so the characters and crew werent even there for that part but were present for his monologue..just lazy all across the board here.
post #10099 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 11:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2375 Post(s)
Liked: 1528
I bet Negan decided to beat a watermelon with Lucile. He's upset that since the Zombie apocalypse he hasn't been able to enjoy smoothies with his Vitamix. Once he has some of his watermelon smoothie and shares it with Rick and the crew they'll all be friends. He's just got to get his fruit smoothie on first.
jcruse likes this.
post #10100 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
Maybe they read that they were all getting a pay cut for this dismal season, including the finale..
No kidding. The show has been getting a little long in the tooth for awhile now and the "cliffhanger" of not showing who was killed only adds to that.

I think who really got the bat to the head at the end was most of the fanbase...
leebo and gwsat like this.
post #10101 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

My wife just watched it and at the end she was like, "Wait, what? That is it? Where is the big death they kept talking about. That was lame."

Which is not the reaction I think they were going for, not shock, disgust at what was happening, just disgust that they ended it on a lame cliffhanger.

post #10102 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 12:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
Like how Glenn's death at the mid break was "impressionistic". They've lost their cliffhanger cred. Dallas 101.
Yep, the things the show has done relative to the death of characters in recent years has given new meaning to the phrase, "TV dead."
post #10103 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I must be some kind of neanderthalithic, unsophisticated viewer. I thought it was awesome. Cliffhangers don't bother me at all, I don't feel played down to by the writers or producers. Eagerly looking forward to Season 6 Bluray and Season 7 return.

I speculate that Daryl is the one that bought the farm since he has a new TV show coming up that might eat into his time to do TWD.
post #10104 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Are we sure Negan killed the person? he said he was not going to kill anyone but punish one of the group, say a good beating with Lucille, to the point of pulp, but not dead.

So nobody will die I bet

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #10105 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 12:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2375 Post(s)
Liked: 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post
So nobody will die I bet
Just the watermelon.
aaronwt and Nayan like this.
post #10106 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 12:28 PM

Also negan's crew uses walkie talkies...outside of rick in season 1/2 and eugene's fake one..they never thought to look for a good cb unit?

plus...WHERE is jesus...
post #10107 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4081 View Post
Great introduction? Tension? I saw none of that. All I saw was a group that kept magically appearing everywhere the RV tried to go

why is it so hard to believe that Negan's group could block the road?...it's not magic...if there are only 3 roads that go from Point A to Point B then it's not that hard to believe that a large enough group can block all 3 paths...I hated the cliffhanger BS ending but everything up to that point was fine
AlexanderDelarg likes this.
post #10108 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 156
I liked the episode minus the cliffhanger and thought the season was a good one minus Carol's character transformation. Looking forward to Fear the Walking Dead and next October.

For those who liked Breaking Bad and have not given Better Call Saul a chance, do so. It is very good.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
post #10109 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 12:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1703 Post(s)
Liked: 1214
Season 1 - Ends with a cliffhanger. Everyone's fine with it.
Season 2 - Ends with a cliffhanger. Everyone's fine with it.
Season 3 - Ends with a cliffhanger. Everyone's fine with it.
Season 4 - Ends with a cliffhanger. Everyone's fine with it.
Season 5 - Ends with a cliffhanger. Everyone's fine with it.
Season 6 - Ends with a cliffhanger. Everybody loses their s#!t over it. "How dare they?! How dare they cheat us like this, those rotten bastards?!! I'm never watching this stupid show again!!!!!!"
JoeTiVo, Stoney Jackson and gwsat like this.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

post #10110 of 10322 Old 04-04-2016, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Season 1 - Ends with a cliffhanger. Everyone's fine with it.
Season 2 - Ends with a cliffhanger. Everyone's fine with it.
Season 3 - Ends with a cliffhanger. Everyone's fine with it.
Season 4 - Ends with a cliffhanger. Everyone's fine with it.
Season 5 - Ends with a cliffhanger. Everyone's fine with it.
Season 6 - Ends with a cliffhanger. Everybody loses their s#!t over it. "How dare they?! How dare they cheat us like this, those rotten bastards?!! I'm never watching this stupid show again!!!!!!"
and they all return next October.....
gwsat likes this.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season
Gear in this thread

taboola here
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page