"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 340 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2916Likes

Old 04-05-2016, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
They addressed this in the Foundry episode. Eugene said they would be using spent bullet casings so he is not remaking the entire bullet. Since it is a foundry he would be melting down what is needed from scraps throughout towns for the rest of the bullet (the projectile). The towns would be ripe with stuff to melt down as nothing would have been picked over since everyone was after already made bullets, food, etc. His instructions are how to assemble the bullet, how to make gunpowder (pretty easy if you know the recipe), etc.
So you have some spent brass that may or may not be able to be reused, no primers, no smokeless powder, no dies or presses and no recipes specific to each caliber....as I originally stated it's BS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2016, 11:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 4086 Post(s)
Liked: 2435
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post
The show used to be a Sunday night event.Now I'll let it hit the DVR and watch it during the week,skipping the commercials,and man,there are a lot of them.Not ready to kick it to the curb just yet but the interest is beginning to sag.
???? I don't care how good a show is or if it's sports. I will always time shift it to skip over the commercials. Although I will still watch TWD on the night it airs, I just never watch the commercials. I really enjoyed the season finale and am looking forward to next season. Not sure why so many people are whining about a cliffhanger for a TV show. It's nothing new.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Old 04-05-2016, 11:37 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4081 View Post
I think you may have watched a different episode than...well, everybody else.
Great introduction? Tension? I saw none of that. All I saw was a group that kept magically appearing everywhere the RV tried to go.
And Carol...ugh, dont even know what to say about that storyline.

IMO far short of 'fantastic'.
Magically appearing?? Were you watching the same episode I did? They had all the roads covered. And were forcing them to go a certain direction. And also showed that they had a very large group of people and equipment to have so many roads blocked. And we already knew they had radio communication on different frequencies. Nothing magical about it.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:40 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Apparently in the comics, Negan doesn't have this vast army which is everywhere and has big earth movers.

Also this chasing of the RV to the trap was tiresome. All they had to do is pull along the RV with all the different cars they had. They were sitting ducks inside that RV. Anytime the RV ran into a road block, they could have easily been surrounded and taken at gunpoint.

Or if the Saviors wanted to take them all alive without any shots fired, all they had to do was parade the 4 prisoners in front of Rick's group and make them surrender.
Of course they could have. But negans group purposely didn't. As was explained at the end. Ricks crew didn't really get it until the last scene.
Ph8te likes this.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2742 Post(s)
Liked: 1887
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Having read some of the comments from comics readers, it would appear that Negan's story continues for quite a while. Perhaps that's an opportunity to morph the show from wandering around in the woods to trying to escape from the clutches of an evil warlord. By running away into the woods!
I miss Revolution too.
JoeTiVo, mike1812 and MrEmoto like this.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Magically appearing?? Were you watching the same episode I did? They had all the roads covered. And were forcing them to go a certain direction. And also showed that they had a very large group of people and equipment to have so many roads blocked. And we already knew they had radio communication on different frequencies. Nothing magical about it.
They *may* have blocked the all the roads (and correctly guessed the order they would try them so as to have a progressively larger group of people or more impressive obstacle at each one), but it defies credibility for them to have established a camp in the forest exactly where they expected them to give up on the RV and trek by foot.
Sonyad, shivaji and dan4081 like this.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2942 Post(s)
Liked: 2522
Quote:
Originally Posted by kromkamp View Post
They *may* have blocked the all the roads (and correctly guessed the order they would try them so as to have a progressively larger group of people or more impressive obstacle at each one), but it defies credibility for them to have established a camp in the forest exactly where they expected them to give up on the RV and trek by foot.
Yeah, that was my only complaint. It wasn't just a lucky guess, it made Negan's army seem omnipotent. Although I suppose they could have tortured the info out of Eugene in terms of where they left the RV and in what direction they were headed, then extrapolated an ambush point.

Anyways, no question it was dramatic, and that was the real point. It's tee-vee, after all.
Ph8te likes this.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 4173 Post(s)
Liked: 3481
Quote:

Of course there is some convince built in, this is a story after all. I'm not sure I agree that it defies credibility since the roads on the map were all going around 1 or 2 basic locations. They really didn't even need to guess the roads, just have people at each one. It was a show of power that was uncharacteristic for his group (as Neagen explained) since Rick had proven to be more difficult to corral than others.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 391
I think Aaron was the obvious redshirt in this group and will be the one to meet his end, if Eugene wasn't the one killed. In fact, the setup for Eugene being the likely candidate, with that farewell moment with Abraham and handing off the bullet-making instructions, may have been a red herring.

Aaron has become the T-Dog of this current group, lending his can-do fighting support, but not really having any real character development since he was first introduced. We've only heard him make passing reference to his partner, who I can't remember seeing in quite some time.

We know it wasn't Rick and Coral. The females are better kept alive for obvious reasons. And I don't think the show would risk fan outrage by killing an iconic character (Glen, Daryl, and possibly Abraham) in such a passive, sacrificial way.

In the Talking Dead, they talked about filming that scene over two full nights, which makes me wonder how much of the outcome, which we won't see until the start of season 7, was filmed at the same time. I also wonder if they hired every actor in Rick's group to be on set at least some of the time during the summer filming of new episodes to allay speculation that such-and-such actor has been MIA for most of the recent filming.
ltownsend likes this.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2742 Post(s)
Liked: 1887
Quote:
Negan is a wizard!

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/negan-wizar...200400450.html

The author makes an error or two. Negan's peeps knew where Alexandria was and made several mentions of it in the final two episodes. But, it still doesn't undermine his argument.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
...Aaron has become the T-Dog of this current group, lending his can-do fighting support, but not really having any real character development since he was first introduced. We've only heard him make passing reference to his partner, who I can't remember seeing in quite some time.
I think that's because he became Zombie food.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post

He also said that the script didn't have anyone dying and no one knows who it is going to be.
So that's what made everyone sick to their stomachs! Everything that comes out of that production CO. is bs.
BTW, in the 21st century, breath stream is done with a computer - unless you're Leonardo.
Se7enPtOne likes this.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 109
There's conflicting information now about no one knows who dies. Interviews with Morgan and Reedus have them saying they know who it is.

I'm wondering if Daryl being on Talking Dead was a big hint...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2016, 03:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1516 Post(s)
Liked: 1794
Quote:

Yep .. although each road could have been covered, the idea that, at the end of it all, the RV Gang would not have just returned to Alexandria even though Maggie was having medical problems .. after all, everyone knows Hilltop is a Saviors run encampment .. so, logically, if you can get back to Alexandria, maybe you've got a chance .. but if all roads to Hilltop are being monitored by some of the Negan Army, you'd tend to think Hilltop itself is also being guarded, making you screwed any way you slice it .. unless, of course, if you could possibly get back to Alexandria ..

Hoofing it through the woods, at night then ending up exactly where the Negan Gang is at seemed like a real stretch .. or, Negan is just that good ..
dan4081 and Nayan like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 04-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
There's conflicting information now about no one knows who dies. Interviews with Morgan and Reedus have them saying they know who it is.

I'm wondering if Daryl being on Talking Dead was a big hint...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
And he also has a new starting on AMC ...... hmm

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

Old 04-05-2016, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Yep .. although each road could have been covered, the idea that, at the end of it all, the RV Gang would not have just returned to Alexandria even though Maggie was having medical problems .. after all, everyone knows Hilltop is a Saviors run encampment .. so, logically, if you can get back to Alexandria, maybe you've got a chance .. but if all roads to Hilltop are being monitored by some of the Negan Army, you'd tend to think Hilltop itself is also being guarded, making you screwed any way you slice it .. unless, of course, if you could possibly get back to Alexandria ..

Hoofing it through the woods, at night then ending up exactly where the Negan Gang is at seemed like a real stretch .. or, Negan is just that good ..
As you said, it is a stretch. A simple fact is that this country of ours is huge. It is filled with vast tracts of empty country where bumping into the living during this time would not occur so easily. I remember someone trying to figure out how many people would actually be left in the entire world and it was not many. Perhaps, someone can post that link. I think in a real world situation it would be a great stroke of luck to actually bump into anyone, especially when walking in open country. So, it always makes me laugh, when our gang finds themselves surrounded wherever they go. But of course, there is no show unless there is the drama of interaction. On a side note, It would have been cool and fun if they had modified the Rv a bit and attached their portable grenade launcher, a couple of machine guns, some metal plate and blasted through the little checkpoints. That would have messed with their corral plans a bit.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
I'm actually wondering - what may have happened at Hilltop since the Alexandrians raided the Satellite Dish Facility - if Negan was aware of the collaboration with Hilltop and if he was, has he punished the Hilltopians?
Old 04-05-2016, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaji View Post
I remember someone trying to figure out how many people would actually be left in the entire world and it was not many. Perhaps, someone can post that link. I think in a real world situation it would be a great stroke of luck to actually bump into anyone, especially when walking in open country.
According to this it's under 400,000. With such a small amount of people left in the world you'd be hard pressed to ever run into anyone . Hell the human race would be on the endangered species list http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...zy-122817.html
shivaji and Nayan like this.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"

Old 04-05-2016, 07:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 4173 Post(s)
Liked: 3481
Quote:

Eugene mentioned that they most likely blocked the route back to Alexandria as well (thus being surrounded). I believe on he map there was a central track of land that the roads went around. I'm guessing they figured a "distraction tactic" would be used and that meant someone would have to go out on foot. They couldn't use the roads and would have to use the woods for cover. The more they moved around the tighter that circle would have been. Maybe it wasn't so much luck, but they were "herded" to that place. Heck Eugene must have been caught early in order to be there as well.
aaronwt and Stoney Jackson like this.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe3 View Post
I think that's because he became Zombie food.
Nope. Aaron's boyfriend Eric is still alive according to the TWD wiki. No appearance since the herd invaded Alexandria and he helped fight them off. http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Eric_Raleigh_(TV_Series)
Old 04-06-2016, 03:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked: 834
I think the biggest clue as to who is going to die is in what Kirkman said on the Talking Dead. He was going on about the impact and such and he said it will be very hard because they are killing a character so beloved by everyone and hat it has a huge impact etc.

There are very few people in that lineup that they would consider beloved by everyone. Rick and Carl are out based on Neegan's comments. Aaron is far from loved by everyone, same for Eugene, Abraham, Sasha, Rosetta, etc. I think that leaves Glen, Maggie, Daryl, and Michone as the only ones they would consider beloved by everyone.

If they want to drive Rick further into despair and down a dark path, it would be Michone. If they want shock the audience and prove they are not going to listen to the fans, it is Daryl. If they want to impact the group as a whole, it is Maggie. If they want to kill a main character and not impact the group dynamic/going forward it is Glen.
hall likes this.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1417 Post(s)
Liked: 1789
Quote:
His instructions are how to assemble the bullet, how to make gunpowder (pretty easy if you know the recipe), etc.
Sure if you want to make homemade firecrackers. But powder
and primer in modern bullets is just as engineered as the modern semi-automatics that the group would want to be using the bullets in. It is not going to be easy to make what they need without producing bullets which produce lots of misfires and jams in many of the weapons that they would be using, rendering them fairly risky to use for self-defense. Although perhaps they could just stick to producing bullets for revolvers and bolt action rifles. That would certainly make things a little easier.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50 & RC-LCR, Ascend CBM-170 SE, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Desktop: Sierra 1 | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | NAD HP50 | AKG K550 | Soundmagic E50 | DX50 | E12
Old 04-06-2016, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 84
i still think the cliffhanger was one of the dumbest decisions....reading all of the showrunners defending this decision and thinking it is amazing storytelling is awful
dan4081 likes this.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:24 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enPtOne View Post
i still think the cliffhanger was one of the dumbest decisions....reading all of the showrunners defending this decision and thinking it is amazing storytelling is awful
Overall I have no problem with the cliffhanger since the show will be back next season. My only real problem with the cliffhanger is worrying that the result will be spoiled before the season Premiere in the fall. I don't want to find out who got killed until I watch the first episode next season.
JoeTiVo and AlexanderDelarg like this.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post
The ending was perfect to keep the budget under control. Any actor that asks for too much money for season 7 gets to be the one that got the beating.
Hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itallushrt View Post
So you have some spent brass that may or may not be able to be reused, no primers, no smokeless powder, no dies or presses and no recipes specific to each caliber....as I originally stated it's BS.
I think you're too far off into the weeds. There are ways to make something that goes bang and shoots a projectile. It doesn't necessarily mean duplicating a modern metallic cartridge

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaji View Post
As you said, it is a stretch. A simple fact is that this country of ours is huge. It is filled with vast tracts of empty country where bumping into the living during this time would not occur so easily. I remember someone trying to figure out how many people would actually be left in the entire world and it was not many. Perhaps, someone can post that link. I think in a real world situation it would be a great stroke of luck to actually bump into anyone, especially when walking in open country. So, it always makes me laugh, when our gang finds themselves surrounded wherever they go. But of course, there is no show unless there is the drama of interaction. On a side note, It would have been cool and fun if they had modified the Rv a bit and attached their portable grenade launcher, a couple of machine guns, some metal plate and blasted through the little checkpoints. That would have messed with their corral plans a bit.
I like the armored RV idea. Most vehicles are like tissue paper when it comes to stopping bullets.

As to meeting up with Rick & Co., if I had people at my disposal and radios, I would set up a network of OPs (observation posts) to monitor traffic on roads, and perhaps also through the woods. Naturally, there would be holes, but establishing a perimeter around my base and being able to report incursions and move reinforcements to meet intruders would be a critical survival technique.

I'm not sure how much of a camp it really was where our people ended up.

It should also be noted that our people do not seem to understand the concept of stealthy movement and are speaking in full voice as they noisily tromp through the woods, which is a really great way to get caught.

Quote:
I think the biggest clue as to who is going to die is in what Kirkman said on the Talking Dead. He was going on about the impact and such and he said it will be very hard because they are killing a character so beloved by everyone and hat it has a huge impact etc.

There are very few people in that lineup that they would consider beloved by everyone. Rick and Carl are out based on Neegan's comments. Aaron is far from loved by everyone, same for Eugene, Abraham, Sasha, Rosetta, etc. I think that leaves Glen, Maggie, Daryl, and Michone as the only ones they would consider beloved by everyone.

If they want to drive Rick further into despair and down a dark path, it would be Michone. If they want shock the audience and prove they are not going to listen to the fans, it is Daryl. If they want to impact the group as a whole, it is Maggie. If they want to kill a main character and not impact the group dynamic/going forward it is Glen.
I can't really argue with any of that. OTOH, I don't really want to speculate who it is. There is conflicting info as to whether the writers or actors even know yet. There would be some poetic justice to having Glenn be the one just because of the dumpster thing being a little contrived (although I said at the time he could have gone under there). From a pure Machiavellian perspective, which perhaps Neegan holds, Maggie is the least worthwhile because she is ill and pregnant, so couldn't contribute much if spared.

I dunno.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
Old 04-06-2016, 09:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1854 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post
And he also has a new starting on AMC ...... hmm
Norman Reedus' new series is just a Reality show he shot while Walking Dead was on hiatus. It has no bearing on whether he returns to Walking Dead next season or not.
JoeTiVo, aaronwt and hall like this.

Josh Z
Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
Curator, Laserdisc Forever

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Old 04-06-2016, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEmoto View Post
I think you're too far off into the weeds. There are ways to make something that goes bang and shoots a projectile. It doesn't necessarily mean duplicating a modern metallic cartridge
Uhhh, it was specifically said repeatedly... BULLETS. It would take the same powder (lack there of) to make a crappy "saturday night special" as it would to manufacturer ammunition. Also, given the recent divulge of information from the Hilltop gang, we ran out of ammo months ago, of course they are talking about making "bullets".
Old 04-06-2016, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Also a question about Jesus' whereabouts....when they showed the one hilltop guy carrying the other out of the compound..was that before or after jesus appeared and saved heath/glenn? If after, why wasn't Jesus in the scene where they were outdoors on the radio? I honestly think they hired him after they were done shooting 13 14 15 16 and filmed the Daryl/Rick episode AFTER the remained of the season....that or again terrible writing.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by itallushrt View Post
Uhhh, it was specifically said repeatedly... BULLETS. It would take the same powder (lack there of) to make a crappy "saturday night special" as it would to manufacturer ammunition. Also, given the recent divulge of information from the Hilltop gang, we ran out of ammo months ago, of course they are talking about making "bullets".
Ok, so you believe that "making bullets" means "duplicating and loading modern metallic cartridges" and you point out the difficulties involved.

I happen to think that the definition of "making bullets" may be a bit broader than that. Not that they couldn't scrounge up reloading presses, dies, etc., if they went looking for them. It isn't like they are in Chicago or NYC.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
Old 04-06-2016, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Fan starts petition to force AMC to reveal who Negan killed:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2590818

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season